Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Mustached Demon posted:

Thankfully Ted Cruz isn't president.

Oh sure laugh it up from the safety of your elite liberal coastal cities, while the good men and women of Texas fight back the greatest menace mankind will ever know.

God speed you noble warriors

Edit: pig pug

Starmaker fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jun 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I know I'm hella pages late, but gently caress all draft dodgers.

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Dodging an immoral war is a moral act.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Starmaker posted:

Oh sure laugh it up from the safety of your elite liberal coastal cities, while the good men and women of Texas fight back the greatest menace mankind will ever know.

God speed you noble warriors

Edit: pig pug

I am represented by Raul Labrador, the Idaho version of Ted Cruz. Sort of. I think he's a skin sack full of mosquitos instead of angry wasps.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Nah, just the ones who also jerk off over the military and support dumb wars

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Full Circle posted:

Na gently caress rich people using rich people excuses to avoids the horrors of war forced down the throat of the poor.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

Mustached Demon posted:

I am represented by Raul Labrador, the Idaho version of Ted Cruz. Sort of. I think he's a skin sack full of mosquitos instead of angry wasps.

Raul Labrador is a fake name

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Full Circle posted:

I've seen the distinction made between draft dodgers who are just selfish pricks, and people with actual moral objections to the war. There were certainly people of both types back then.

But I only ever see draft dodger used as a derogatory term for the first group. I guess there's also chicken hawks?

FizFashizzle posted:

lied about flynn being a spy.

knew about it and sat on the information for 2 weeks.

also just generally being involved in the trump campaign

It really does never end. How can this poo poo show go on for 3-and-a-half more years?

Thank you.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Every Republican that brags about dodging the draft should be forced into service and deployed to the front lines of the middle east. They have a turn to serve whether they're too old or not and Uncle Sam's finally gonna collect.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Crabtree posted:

Every Republican that brags about dodging the draft should be forced into service and deployed to the front lines of the middle east. They have a turn to serve whether they're too old or not and Uncle Sam's finally gonna collect.

Same with waterboarding and other torture.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Covok posted:

Trump bad and should be hated. Rassumen is 50% because shooting causing rallying around the flag. Otherwise it would be 40%.

its been like 10 points higher than the adjusted RCP average pretty consistently.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Shir. I am a man of shpecial conscience. But I killed the Husnock. I killed them all. There is no punishment to fit my client's crime.

Unrelated to anything, but i hate this episode so much. Grew up in the middle of nowhere with a VCR and no reception. This was one of the few Star Trek tapes i had. I've seen it soo many times.

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

Either this is just a terrible picture or he's aged ten years in the past few months.

Good.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
All that piss flavor talk but no mention of back in the eighties when they came out with New Piss and it was a media disaster.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Crabtree posted:

The number of US combat deaths in the middle east is really really really low compared to basically any war in history and they probably wouldn't die then would be all super smug about it.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

Dick Trauma posted:

All that piss flavor talk but no mention of back in the eighties when they came out with New Piss and it was a media disaster.

Crystal Piss really took off, though

Starmaker posted:

Raul Labrador is a fake name

Seriously though it sounds like the kind of over-the-top fake name a character would take to go undercover in, like, Arrested Development or something.

Are you sure he isn't just an elaborate prank?

Starmaker fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jun 18, 2017

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Starmaker posted:

I understand they recently brought back zima.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

The number of US combat deaths in the middle east is really really really low compared to basically any war in history and they probably wouldn't die then would be all super smug about it.

Not if we make it super obvious that they're important people to ISIS and give the rest of the military orders to use them as decoys and bullet shields. Best thing is we let them tweet about their deployment times and just watch the magic happen when they show up in a video on CNN.

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003

Same Great Paste posted:

Either this is just a terrible picture or he's aged ten years in the past few months.

Good.

He hasn't been pissed on in ages. His coloring is starting to fade.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

God, it really is a loving slow news day if this is what we're doing, isn't it?

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

I cherish the slow times. We get to gently caress around and make jokes while the world's burning at a slightly slower rate.

It's not a terrible thing

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

I'll take piss chat over "Bernie would have won" chat any day

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Dick Trauma posted:

Long live the new piss

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

I'll take piss chat over "Bernie would have won" chat any day

Well now you went and did it...

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

If Ossoff loses this thread should just get locked for a couple days

I think he'll lose but mainly because I lived in Atlanta for years and don't trust GA-06 voters to do the right thing.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

winterwerefox posted:

Unrelated to anything, but i hate this episode so much. Grew up in the middle of nowhere with a VCR and no reception. This was one of the few Star Trek tapes i had. I've seen it soo many times.

It's really really bad yes

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Old James posted:

Doesn't diabetes literally mean "sweet urine" due to the excess sugar

The "mellitus" in "diabetes mellitus" means "honey-sweet." There is also "diabetes insipidus," which results in urine that is -- you guessed it -- not sweet.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Trump administration pushing to weaken Russia sanctions bill: report

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/338266-trump-administration-pushing-to-weaken-russia-sanctions-bill-report

But gently caress Cuba lol

bah, that wont survive the house. enough of the hard right are neocon enough to hate russia still. plus it makes him look even more painfully guilty.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

winterwerefox posted:

Season 1 introduced multiple god-tier life forms and the only one that ever got more use was the Q. This one seemed far more interesting though.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/timothypmurphy/status/876217875312381953

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Old James posted:

Doesn't diabetes literally mean "sweet urine" due to the excess sugar

When I worked with farmers in Central America they would always say to look at the normal spot where you go piss and if you start seeing ants around your piss spot you should go to the doctor (because of the sugar)

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Season 1 introduced multiple god-tier life forms and the only one that ever got more use was the Q. This one seemed far more interesting though.

The Survivors is season three, which was much less poo poo than season one.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

Starmaker posted:

Seriously though it sounds like the kind of over-the-top fake name a character would take to go undercover in, like, Arrested Development or something.

Are you sure he isn't just an elaborate prank?

Idaho also elected a governor named "Butch Otter" (who once blamed a DUI on having soaked his chewing tobacco in Jack Daniels), so that state has a thing for conservatives with silly names.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/davidcayj/status/875838487211245569

the gently caress is this about

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

El Mero Mero posted:

When I worked with farmers in Central America they would always say to look at the normal spot where you go piss and if you start seeing ants around your piss spot you should go to the doctor (because of the sugar)

Please no spoilers for the new AHCA.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

I am curious myself.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

They're trying to unseal Felix Sater's court records.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Phoix posted:

They're trying to unseal Felix Sater's court records.

what are those?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

azflyboy posted:

Idaho also elected a governor named "Butch Otter" (who once blamed a DUI on having soaked his chewing tobacco in Jack Daniels), so that state has a thing for conservatives with silly names.

He also blamed his cowboy boots being too tight to walk normally.

He's a genius of Idaho politics, however. Married a Simplot so he got to pick whatever position he wanted. Simplot supplies fries/potatoes for McDonald's among others. One of the largest privately held companies in the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

If Ossoff loses this thread should just get locked for a couple days

I'm kind of assuming he's going to lose and we'll hear story after story about russian interference / funding / whatever in the election. If Ossof doesn't win, I flat out already assume that the election was rigged or stolen somehow.

• Locked thread