Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Yeah that's definitely FantasyPros' software.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Abel Wingnut posted:

so the resident dumbass in my league began the year bragging how his drafted team topped the league per this piece of software. does any recognize it?

Is he aware that we are only about 40% of the way through the fantasy season?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Abel Wingnut posted:

so the resident dumbass in my league began the year bragging how his drafted team topped the league per this piece of software. does any recognize it?

What place is he in now? And of course if you use a tool to help you draft, the same tool is going to say your team is good. The same thing happens on Yahoo where if you do a mock draft and let it autodraft the whole thing, it grades your team at like a A- even though it's not a good team.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Harvey to the DL with a stress reaction in his shoulder. ETA "several weeks."

But he shouldn't have been on your roster anyway.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

If anyone was still throwing Harvey out there every fifth day you might as well keep him on your starting roster. He is more beneficial for your team now then when he was actually playing.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

jabro posted:

If anyone was still throwing Harvey out there every fifth day you might as well keep him on your starting roster. He is more beneficial for your team now then when he was actually playing.

I was continually shocked to see his ownership numbers, and the amount of Harvey-related questions fantasy people are getting on Twitter. He's actually got a higher % ownership in EPSN than Jameson loving Taillon what the gently caress is wrong with people. Corey Knebel just passed Harvey in % owned today. People are dumb as loving posts.

And I say that all as somebody who took a flier on him in one league (he was dropped looooong ago.)

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 15, 2017

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Speaking of pitchers people can't quit, Rich Hill just doesn't have it anymore.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

coronaball posted:

Is he aware that we are only about 40% of the way through the fantasy season?

dude, he took that before the season started. was bragging saying this'd be easy.

he called me out for my team being poor, which yea, i don't draft any pitchers over $3. he called me out again a the end of april for being in 11th saying i had done terrible. then he called me out last week when my team was sixth. i'm now fifth and he's fourth. i'm surging with my waiver wire pitching and insane hitting, he's floundering with bumgarner and syndergaard and his inability to recognize good pitching.

he goes out of his way to do this, mind you. and i've won the league five out of the last six years, finishing third in the one miss. he's only been in the league for a season and finished fourth.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inspector_666 posted:

Harvey to the DL with a stress reaction in his shoulder. ETA "several weeks."

But he shouldn't have been on your roster anyway.

I was delightfully surprised at his first four starts of the season, but he's incredibly bad.

Him still being on a ton of teams reminds me of that year Roy Halladay was done and people kept sending him out there.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

My team sucks and I'm looking to the future.

Trade Wood and 12th for Beltran and 10th?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Alex Wood? Hell nah. Carlos Beltran?

Yeah sure trading him for literally nothing would work too

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I think it was an AND trade, which makes it even worse. If your team is done, I certainly wouldn't trade a young decent pitcher for a guy on the wrong side of 40.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

alex wood is really good and carlos beltran is waiver wire fodder. why would you do that?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I think it was an AND trade, which makes it even worse. If your team is done, I certainly wouldn't trade a young decent pitcher for a guy on the wrong side of 40.

Oh I misread it.

Yeah don't do that if you're trading Wood.

Do that if you're trading Beltran.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Rivero, 2 save ops, 2 saves, a 2 k hold today

Nicasio blows the save, 4 runs on 3 hits, doesn't record an out

:getin:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I picked up melky Cabrera two days ago

:smug:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I added Juan Nicasio last night. AMA.

Also I'm no physician but I don't think James Paxton is healthy.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Aaron Nola needs to be a reliever. Dude is incapable of pitching more than 3 good innings.

E: also gently caress Thames

resident fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jun 17, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

resident posted:

Aaron Nola needs to be a reliever. Dude is incapable of pitching more than 3 good innings.

E: also gently caress Thames

Another phillies success story

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Remember when Manny Machado was good?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I have like 13 rosterable hitters on my team with another 5 or so in free agency. They're all too valuable to drop for competition and not performing well enough to guarantee starts so they take turns hitting dingers on my bench :(

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Doltos posted:

I have like 13 rosterable hitters on my team with another 5 or so in free agency. They're all too valuable to drop for competition and not performing well enough to guarantee starts so they take turns hitting dingers on my bench :(

Same. With Pollock nearing a return, I have too many hitters for not enough spots. 3 OF and 2 UTIL, and Cruz, Bellinger, and Pollock are the OF. M. Reynolds is a given for one of the UTIL, then it's a toss-up of Gallo, CarGo, and Bautista for the last UTIL. And I also have both Tom Murphy and Alex Avila. Can't decide if I can afford to jettison either one at this point. Avila has been monstrous this year, but Murphy in Coors...

I'm honestly back to my earlier position of potentially dropping CarGo or Bautista. We're nearly 3 months into the season and they've both been awful (particularly CarGo. Even his advanced metrics are worrisome, low BABIP aside.) I need to drop someone for Pollock (for the 10-15 games before Pollock inevitably injures himself again, anyway.)

My pitching has been mediocre at best, so I really need an open spot or two to stream.

It's a conundrum.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
I love Alex Wood.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I am in a 10-team OBP league and Odor was just dropped. He's an instant pick-up, right? The only few players I'd be willing to drop are Jackie Bradley Jr. or Suarez. I am leaning towards the latter because I haven't had the room to play him for the last few weeks.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
So this guy in our keeper league has dropped Schwarber, Villar and now Conforto.

I mean the first two I kind of get but I have no idea about the last one.

E: vvv that makes sense then.

Pandanaut fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jun 18, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

CEspedes is healthy and he will not get full time at bats

It's why I cut him in April .

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
April was before he was OPSing nearly 1.000 for 3 months.

Granderson is garbage, and they brought Cespedes back before he was even 100% healthy.

Above all, this guy's team is not good at all. It's totally baffling why he would just straight drop him. (He offered him to me in a trade for Abreu earlier this year which I strongly considered.)

He's rostering Wilson Ramos when he already has Gary Sanchez, for instance. :iiam:

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Conforto has to get the nod over Granderson though, right? I mean, his OPS is 300 points higher.

Edit: ^^^yeah, what they said

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Conforto has to get the nod over Granderson though, right? I mean, his OPS is 300 points higher.

In reasonable sane world but we're talking about baseball

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Contract price dictates playing time not ability.

jabro fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jun 18, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

If they fall far enough out they have to make the call. Right before Cespedes got hurt, they were playing Conforto in center, but Duda was hurt too so Grandy was in right and Bruce was at first. I really think if both Ces and Duda are healthy, Granderson is out

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jun 18, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

As I said you'd think they'd bench granderson but this baseball

So it's safe to assume I think comforto is getting 80% of regular ab

He still should never have been dropped

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Conforto was playing Grandy's position in a Cespedes-full lineup, I have no reason to believe that he won't at least get the majority of the starts as the 4th guy in a Cespedes/Bruce/Duda/someone/rest replacement lineup. Curtis has had his chance to preform and Terry has Reyes already entrenched as his "should be sitting but keeps playing every day with a sub-Mendoza average" guy

Conforto is hitting way too loving well, on a team built on pitching and lovely average hitters who only hit HRs, to get sat outright. And that says nothing of how decimated their staff is. He'll play more than enough to be relevant in any format and hits too well when he's in to be dropped in a keeper

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jun 18, 2017

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Pandanaut posted:

I love Eric Thames

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Enny Romero got the save for the Nationals tonight. Worth a shot if you're desperate for saves, I guess.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cameron Maybin is cool and good.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Twin Cinema posted:

I am in a 10-team OBP league and Odor was just dropped. He's an instant pick-up, right? The only few players I'd be willing to drop are Jackie Bradley Jr. or Suarez. I am leaning towards the latter because I haven't had the room to play him for the last few weeks.

I am set to add Odor tomorrow and drop Suarez, if no one else below me on the waiver priority list tries to pick him up instead.

Also, because no one really talks about him, I am really happy that I nabbed Goldschmidt with the second pick this year. I had the choice between him, Betts, or Bryant, although I would have been happy with any one of those three picks. I just don't think Goldschmidt gets enough appreciation.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Ugh I got back from CA on Friday night and have now slept through the beginnings of games both days this weekend and it may cost me the week.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
This is the third sunday massacre in a row for me I'm starting to hate the sabbath how the gently caress did my opponent crack six dingers in one god drat day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I could have won this week, but instead I tied because I left Andrew Miller on the bench in favor of a starter who wasn't playing today.

• Locked thread