Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Jose posted:

i got to see one of the original magna carta's at the national archives in DC and its really cool and in amazing condition considering how old it is

What the hell is one of them doing over there? We've only got about 4 of them over here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ekster posted:

we should go back to the old days where you had to spend 5 years learning dead languages and what retard philosophers said thousands of years ago

I agree that people should read Marx in it's original language

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

namesake posted:

What the hell is one of them doing over there? We've only got about 4 of them over here.
I mean how many more than 4 do you need

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

i recently started learning german lol

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

jBrereton posted:

I mean how many more than 4 do you need

The differences in each one add up to a treasure map to find King John's riches that were lost in the Wash.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

namesake posted:

The differences in each one add up to a treasure map to find King John's riches that were lost in the Wash.

National Treasure 3: For King and Old Country

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

namesake posted:

it was on loan so i just got lucky when i went to see the constitution and declaration of independence

https://twitter.com/AliceAvizandum/status/875822959067369472

https://twitter.com/AliceAvizandum/status/875825582419959808

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Taintrunner posted:

Marx is a scientist, moron

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

i got to see one of the original magna carta's at the national archives in DC and its really cool and in amazing condition considering how old it is

THats why you put the laws on Vellum Jose!!!!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jose posted:

it was on loan so i just got lucky when i went to see the constitution and declaration of independence

gaaahahahaha that person has what appears to be an unironic brianna wu for congress header

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Jose posted:

When was this? I think I remember seeing it there back in '99 or so.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

appropriate image host

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

gaaahahahaha that person has what appears to be an unironic brianna wu for congress header

I unironically want Brianna Wu in congress too. She's running against bad dem Stephen Lynch anyway.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Imagine being Paul Watson and attending a book burning, just salivating to get a taste afterwards.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Homeless Friend posted:

Imagine being Paul Watson and attending a book burning, just salivating to get a taste afterwards.

hes banned from book burnings because he eats them before they get a chance to get a nice bonfire going

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I unironically want Brianna Wu in congress too. She's running against bad dem Stephen Lynch anyway.

Replace your elected neoliberals with unelectable neoliberals with this easy trick

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Jose posted:

Rock Feiding-Mellen is the son of an inbred countess named Amanda Feilding who is really into psychedelic drugs and drug research and who during the 1970s drilled a hole in her head.

She also ran for parliament twice on the platform of "trepanation for the national health."

That's the "Feilding" half of his name. The "Mellen" half is from his dad Joey Mellen

quote:

"This is the story of how I came to drill a hole in my head to get permanently high."

As far as opening lines to memoirs go, they don't come much more compelling than the first sentence in Joe Mellen's 1970 book, Bore Hole.

hakimashou has issued a correction as of 01:38 on Jun 18, 2017

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
It's great to be reminded just how much the ruling class of the UK is a bunch of inbred fuckups.

Also I figure every leftist person online is probably going to get off the Brianna Wu bandwagon the moment she opens her mouth again now that only the dumbest Reagan-liberal types are willing to stand by Macron.

Agnosticnixie has issued a correction as of 02:10 on Jun 18, 2017

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

hakimashou posted:

That's the "Feilding" half of his name. The "Mellen" half is from his dad Joey Mellen

Did it work? Asking for a friend of course.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/Liam_O_Hare/status/875488842010243072

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJbmB9k2Y88

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

:boom:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Brianna is capital B capital A capital D silicon valley technocratic Dem who thinks you can fix everything through learn to code initiatives

https://theringer.com/brianna-wu-running-for-congress-in-2018-gamergate-8c824275f4c8 posted:

In general, her pre-campaign stance closely hewed to Clinton’s centrist Democratic vision. “Activism is great, but I’m a capitalist,” Wu told Inc. in 2015. “I’m an entrepreneur. The ultimate solution to this stuff is going to be showing that it’s economically profitable to address this market. That’s the big play. That’s how you win. That’s my mission, activism through capitalism.”

Ayyyy lmao

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

Brianna is capital B capital A capital D silicon valley technocratic Dem who thinks you can fix everything through learn to code initiatives

Ayyyy lmao

If she was gonna unseat anybody even marginally good I'd be with you, but you're seriously underestimating the sheer comedic value of Congresswoman Wu.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If she was gonna unseat anybody even marginally good I'd be with you, but you're seriously underestimating the sheer comedic value of Congresswoman Wu.

Yes but the opposition wouldn't need to actually run campaign ads, they would just show cutscenes from Revolution 60 with "MY OPPONENT SPENT HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS MAKING THIS" flashing over top of it

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

Yes but the opposition wouldn't need to actually run campaign ads, they would just show cutscenes from Revolution 60 with "MY OPPONENT SPENT HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS MAKING THIS" flashing over top of it

If that doesn't help her get elected in Taxachussets then we're already doomed.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Brianna Wu cannot possibly beat Lynch, he is a bad Dem but he has roots a mile deep in that community, every single person of any consequence is backing him and in a one party machine state like MA that means a lot. I mean wu is also a fruitcake with terrible politics who's just running to scam money out of her impressionable fans but even if she was a real candidate Lynch is gonna be very hard to unseat.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

The good, good poo poo.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Lol

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!
If YouGov doesn't run their favorability poll again this weekend I'm going to go mad.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Sianaarrgh/status/876122325179129856

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

In addition to reaction against the actions of the captain and much of the crew of Sewol, there has been a much wider political reaction to the disaster. Criticism has ranged from anger at the lax regulatory environment which may have contributed to the safety violations that could have sunk Sewol, to anger about the rescue operations, to anger at Park Geun-hye, the President of South Korea, whose approval ratings fell from a high of 71 percent before the disaster to "the 40 percent range" weeks afterwards.

Political reaction to the Sewol sinking has been intensified by a series of events. A prominent South Korean politician from the ruling Saenuri Party, Chung Mong-joon, was forced to apologize when his son wrote a controversial Facebook post criticizing the public for criticizing the government over the disaster. Many parents of the victims of the tragedy have been expressing deep anger at the government, ranging from reportedly berating Prime Minister Jung Hong-won to shouting at President Park Geun-hye, to parents staging protests at the presidential palace itself, partly inflamed by a reported remark by a senior news editor at the government-influenced Korean Broadcasting System that the number of dead in the ferry tragedy was "not many, compared with the number of people killed in traffic accidents each year".

quote:

On 16 November 2016, the report about the MV Sewol incident for President Park Geun-hye was revealed. This report was written by National Intelligence Service. The report referred to the incident as "just a ferry accident (여객선 사고)" and said "we must control the protest in the name of ferry accident (여객선 사고를 빌미로 한 투쟁을 제어해야 한다)". In the report, there is no mention about demanding the truth, salvaging the hull, or supporting the victims' families. The report talks about only a "control the protesting attempt by the opposition forces in the name of ferry accident"s and suggest a method about public opinion manipulation using the government-organized demonstrations.

The MV Sewol disaster contributed to the political downfall of Park. In 2016, a corruption scandal involving an aide further damaged her public image and ultimately resulted in her impeachment by the National Assembly on 9 December 2016. A unanimous Constitutional Court ruling on 10 March 2017 upheld the impeachment vote, ending her presidency.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

She will never be funnier than Congressman Wu.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

brugroffil posted:

When was this? I think I remember seeing it there back in '99 or so.

2014 . that free lance journalist tweet about 160 deaths might well be right but she's playing on the rumours that the government put out a d notice on the death toll

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

hakimashou did you just google that bloke or did you already know his parents were all hosed up?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

congrats on the communism brits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

you're alive :eyepop: