Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
The Jump Start version of Proudclad was much easier for me than the normal version. I made Jump Start work with a modified version of my Holy team:

Beatrix BSB
Minfillia Last Stand + BSB
Ramza BSB
Tyro Wall
Vanille BSB,
RW: Eiko USB

I did manage to bring down the normal version with this team, but was not able to get mastery as he did that annoying defense ignoring AOE 4 times to me. Then, I decided cheese the cheese by doing hit-and-run to build SB gauge, and that basically turned it into...the Jump Start fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I finally beat the giant turtle MP Apoc battle last night with a pubbie team with four healers, two sources of last stand, and one physical blink. I think part of finally surviving was luck, I never saw him dump three or four AOE attacks before anyone else could move, which is how all of my other attempts ended.
Glad that's over. That was the worst Apoc fight by quite a bit.

I pulled on the Steiner/Vivi banner, because Vivi is my favorite and I have nothing for him. I got Zidane's and Steiner's bursts and Garnet's faithga. That's a solid pull, and it's not worth pulling again because now I have a lot of dupes, but man, I really want Vivi to have SOMETHING. Oh well...

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Zonko_T.M. posted:

I pulled on the Steiner/Vivi banner, because Vivi is my favorite and I have nothing for him. I got Zidane's and Steiner's bursts and Garnet's faithga. That's a solid pull, and it's not worth pulling again because now I have a lot of dupes, but man, I really want Vivi to have SOMETHING. Oh well...

Sometimes, the game is really obstinate about not giving you gear for your personal favorites.

([ASK] me about how I can easily clear FF9 CMs and don't have a single piece of kit for Freya)

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

So I'm thinking I'm going to give my alt account away. I just haven't taken a lot of time to play it and do events lately and after grinding story dungeons last half stamina DU I'm just kind of done with it I think.

Its absolutely stacked, just kinda needs some hones.

BSBs (mage)

Alphinaud, Raines, Krile, Seymour, Desch

BSBs (melee)

Squall2, Lion, Minfilia, Gaffgarion, Kain, Refia

BSBs (healer/utility)

Tyro, Onion Knight, Relm, Yuna2

USB: Ramza

OSB: Lightning, Terra, Cloud, Squall, Bartz, Lann, Vivi

SSBs: Shout, Indom Blade, Sazh's choco-chick, Larsa's proshellga +30% shield, Irvine and Mustadio's pentabreaks, etc.

142 stamina, so plenty of story dungeons to do (all classics done, small chunk of elites done). Zero nightmare dungeons done.

Someone can put this to way better use than I am at the moment. I've sunk nothing but time here and there into it so I don't feel bad at all about tossing it to someone who's had bad luck, someone new, someone experienced who just wants another account with some cool poo poo, etc.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
How do you even give away accounts?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Is there any consensus on the old Valefor vs Maduin debate now that there's a Thursday Summon Orbs dungeon? I'm guessing Maduin since it's less orbs overall, but I'm drowning in Wind Orbs and light on Summon Orbs.

I should probably just be patient and slowly burn Summon Orbs on Maduin over time. It's not like I'm frantic to get either one honed up.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Inge posted:

How do you even give away accounts?

Person I'm giving it to makes a new google account, most likely on an emulator so as not to wipe their own account. I generate a one time code that only lasts for 5 minutes, and give it to them. They put the OTC in on the new google account, and bam they have my account. Theoretically/technically I still have access to I think.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

BGrifter posted:

Is there any consensus on the old Valefor vs Maduin debate now that there's a Thursday Summon Orbs dungeon? I'm guessing Maduin since it's less orbs overall, but I'm drowning in Wind Orbs and light on Summon Orbs.

I should probably just be patient and slowly burn Summon Orbs on Maduin over time. It's not like I'm frantic to get either one honed up.

Given how easy it is to get any orb now I guess just go with who you like.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
It turns out, you can kill Proudclad Apoc+ just by spamming a single non-elemental OSB, if you back it up with three stacking +30% Mag boosts, a Mental Breakdown and a Full Break. Onion Knight spammed his OSB over and over for about 60k damage per hit, until the boss stopped moving. :black101:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Apoc+ was way harder for me than the Jump Start, but I think I just got some bad RNG. The first time I got him down to 10% with everybody at almost full health, and he did 4 lasers, 4 retaliatory strikes, and ultimate retaliatory strike all in a row without me getting a single action off inbetween. Second time he quad-lasered my healer right before an AoE. Third time he spread his damage out and he went down like a chump.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Jump start was super easy. I just brought a ton of mitigation and physblink, RWed lightning osb, and then just had my lighting use her OSB 3 times then used RW.

Lotsa damage. Easy.

A+ not so easy. I don't have a healer bsb so it's really hard to keep up with the constant damage coming in. Still used a similar philosophy, using lightning USB RW to fuel OSB and burn him down ASAP.

Lost Arc, and woulda wiped if proudclad got one more turn in, but won yay.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

RagnarokAngel posted:

Given how easy it is to get any orb now I guess just go with who you like.

False, Maduin has a shorter animation so it wins.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Anyone have any luck with the 13 CM?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Way behind most of you guys but I managed to get past Lifeless Wanderer (Ultimate) for my very first MC3 crystal today! :woop: Came up one medal short of Mastery, but I can live without the Major Orbs and one Power Crystal.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Anyone have any luck with the 13 CM?

I did, but my 13 synergy is pretty nuts. Ended up using:

RW Wall

Lightning with BSB / Lifesiphon + Tempo Flurry
Fang with BSB / Lifesiphon + Dismissal
Sazh with Choco Chick / Full Break + Magic Breakdown
Vanille with BSB / Ultra Cure + Shellga
Cid Raines with BSB / Wrath + Dispel

Lightning's BSB is pretty poo poo normally, but since the boss can be interrupted it actually works really well here. The idea was to have Fang spamming Dismissal too, but honestly once her BSB got up and running there wasn't much reason to. Sazh was just there for mitigation and boosting attack. Vanille's BSB is bonkers of course, and Ultra Cure is nice in case he sticks a condition. Cid was a bit lacking in team synergy, and I wish I could have brought Memento Mori instead of Dispel, but he was holding his own still because his BSB is just too good. I also gave him 2 pieces of +dark gear.

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I did, but my 13 synergy is pretty nuts. Ended up using:

RW Wall

Lightning with BSB / Lifesiphon + Tempo Flurry
Fang with BSB / Lifesiphon + Dismissal
Sazh with Choco Chick / Full Break + Magic Breakdown
Vanille with BSB / Ultra Cure + Shellga
Cid Raines with BSB / Wrath + Dispel

Lightning's BSB is pretty poo poo normally, but since the boss can be interrupted it actually works really well here. The idea was to have Fang spamming Dismissal too, but honestly once her BSB got up and running there wasn't much reason to. Sazh was just there for mitigation and boosting attack. Vanille's BSB is bonkers of course, and Ultra Cure is nice in case he sticks a condition. Cid was a bit lacking in team synergy, and I wish I could have brought Memento Mori instead of Dispel, but he was holding his own still because his BSB is just too good. I also gave him 2 pieces of +dark gear.

I ran something similar for the CM, except I have Noel's BSB instead of Fang's! I was actually surprised when I took it down with mastery on my first attempt. I doubt that will be possible on many of them, but I have a lot of XIII synergy.

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010
The worst part of the xiii cm was figuring out the best way to reapply buffs around his dispels. Had vanille and raines with bsbs, hope with osb, lightning and sazh with no sbs. Lightning brought tempo flurry and dismissal, hope carried onion knight rw, sazh did full/magic breaks.

I don't have many xiii sbs at all, but I would have felt pretty bad if I couldn't get it with raines and vanille.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Have garbage XIII synergy but I do happen to have Raines' BSB so there's that. Also hope's old BSB. So used those plus had Serah spamming Swiftspell from OK's BSB. Medica is Oerba's Boon. But it was enough.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

My XIII synergy is decent, nowhere near as good as some of you though. I did the cm with
Hope BSB1
Vanille BSB
Noel BSB
Serah SSB
Nabaat SSB
RW Hope BSB 2

No wall, relied on a poo poo ton of debuffing though, including reverse wall. Hope BSB does half the work for you, if you have any kind of faith boost, use it and that'll get you most of the way. My Nabaat is only lv 65 but it didn't really matter.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Get hosed Proudclad

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
100 gem got me this thingie:

Lowers atk/magic/defense and resistance a large amount? This seems pretty neat! Good job Quina!

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Hm, apparently Beatrix OSB animation is different depending on if Garnet and/or Steiner are in the party. That's pretty cool.

I know Zidane has something kind of similar if there are four females in the group, but that's for the added damage effect. Beatrix's is just cosmetic, pretty sure.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
I've noticed a slight difference in the difficulty of this week's Jump Start, in that I brought along Zidane and Cid's BSBs and the Ark melted before I could even use all my charges. God help him if you have Alphinaud or Fujin's bursts.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

MikeSevigny posted:

I've noticed a slight difference in the difficulty of this week's Jump Start, in that I brought along Zidane and Cid's BSBs and the Ark melted before I could even use all my charges. God help him if you have Alphinaud or Fujin's bursts.

well i skipped the previous jump start because it sounded really hard, but i do have cid and alphinaud's bursts...

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

It's a pretty straightforward fight, the hardest part is you start at zero on your ATB bars, so some people are going to have to S/L a couple times before they get mitigation up.

The MP fight looks a little nastier though, especially if your genius pubbie teammates try to drop fire attacks on it.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Well drat, that Jump Start wasn't even a challenge. I lazily put together a team to feel out the fight, expecting a challenge like last week, and ended up with all medals on the first attempt.

Gonna need a balance here.

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010
Well, I'm now at zero out of the last 30 dollar draws. After the luckies and the way I've pulled since anniversary, really hoping things turn around next week. Losing all the time kinda makes you not even want to pull.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Huh, I thought for sure we'd get that Men of the Hour draw for Father's Day. Oh well I guess, it was a pretty mediocre banner overall but I really wanted another shot at Squall's BSB2.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
yeah, Cloud's OSB/Zidane's BSB1/Alphinaud's BSB made mincemeat out of the Jumpstart. A refreshing, fun fight compared to Proudclad.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Huh, I thought for sure we'd get that Men of the Hour draw for Father's Day. Oh well I guess, it was a pretty mediocre banner overall but I really wanted another shot at Squall's BSB2.

I think they're just going to stuff it into the Fest somewhere at this point. I'm more interested in the women's draw, since many of the characters I expect to rank are people I have nothing/uniques only for, like Terra or Lightning.

edit:

Armitage posted:

yeah, Cloud's OSB/Zidane's BSB1/Alphinaud's BSB made mincemeat out of the Jumpstart. A refreshing, fun fight compared to Proudclad.

Oh yeah, I guess in Japan you could run Cloud's USB-BSB2 combo on him. You could probably solo the Ark with that.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Armitage posted:

I did Cloud bsb2/zidane bsb/luneth bsb/ramza shout and chant/yshtola bsb/wall/proshellga

He died really quick.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I threw Lightning's USB backed up by Garnet Imperil Lightnings on the A+ and the Jump Start, and said gently caress it to his lightning resistance. Thundering Twinstrike will hit for 9999x2/4 whether you like it or not.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

A little balance would be nice, on the other hand it was refreshing to curb stomp the Ark after struggling with the last set of event battles.

Even before mitigation, I didn't see the Ark put out anywhere close to the damage Proud Clad did. The biggest threat was people being confused, but he'd always follow that up with an AOE physical attack and knock them out of it, so that wasn't an issue.

Zonko_T.M. fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jun 19, 2017

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Did only Apoc+ so far but had a bit of trouble.

R4 Aerora Strike as the only wind damage left a bit to be desired damage-wise and the confuse was really annoying with only a single resist accessory.

The lower damage meant Wall fell off and as his last move he hit everyone for 5k ish killing my healer and leaving others near dead. Still got mastery so I'll take it.

Lightning BSB2, OSB
Firion BSB
Ysh BSB
OK BSB, OSB
Ramza SSB1, SSB2
RW wall

Yes I used Chant during the tail end of the fight to get Stoneskin up and it was the difference between life and death. Also I've never before used this many non-Thunder God OSBs in a fight with both Sword and Spell and Thunderfall being cast twice.

Was the debut of Firion to the A team as well, Weaponsmaster MBlink was huge.

JS should be doable as only Firion got more than three breaks in but will see.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
That jump start was waaaaay easier - Cloud BSB2, Alphinaud BSB, Fujin BSB, Onion Knight with BSB and full break, and Eiko BSB = that dude is dead. DPS was ridiculous and everyone had one SB charge remaining.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Jump start was going really well and then Wall fell off just as soon as he did his aoe and suddenly 4/5 of my party instantly died

Still mastered!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Is it just me or does this game fuckin' love dumping bravery motes on us? Nobody even uses these drat things, give me some vitality motes!

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
JS was a bit easier. Even Aerora Strike hit for 9999 with Love's Wake RM. Same team but different RMs.

Please don't let the MP be turtle levels of bullshit

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Had to S/L the Jump Start twice because of problems getting mitigation up, but once I did, Luneth BSB and Zidane OSB tore him apart. A+ was harder of course and got a little scary when he started spamming Ultimate Whirlwinds near the end, but still got it on the first try. Solo'ed both Soulcage raids no problem. Relieved that this event was a breeze after the shitstorm that was last week's, and now all set to start blowing stamina when Orbfest starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Yeah JS Ark absolutely melted. My Wind team is super stacked (Zidane BSB, Cloud Enwind + OSB, Luneth BSB) and he's vulnerable to Interrupt. Didn't even need Shellga thanks to Last Stand, and only had to stick Magic Break on Raijin for medals (and I could have even gone without since I got full medals).

I might give it another go with a mage team (starring Alphinaud BSB) and see how well that goes.

I'm almost disappointed that the U++ is Holy-weak and thus Cid Raines destroyable, because my IX team is so stacked that I'd have loved a challenge. I guess that'll have to wait til the FFIX Torment.

• Locked thread