Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I love the sketch glitch because, while it's incredibly dumb and in-joke circle jerky the Awful Fantasy mod has the Fragmaster fight activate it on purpose, and multiple characters have ultimate weapons that cause the sketch glitch automatically on attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I've got a question. I'm trying to use Tsukiyomi to patch my game file with the sound restoration/fiesta mod/FFT portrait patch that was posted earlier, but when I tried it said "input checksum is invalid." I'm using a US rom, does that patch only work with PAL or something?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
My Drop and Steal Guide is now complete! It lists every item that is dropped/can be stolen from monsters, depending on where in the game you're currently at.

Let me know in PMs, Discord, or this thread if there's any errors (there's probably quite a few)!

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Note that the Sketch glitch only appears in the original version of the game. Most SNES copies contain version 1.1, which fixed it. Which is good, because that glitch can literally make your cartridge unuseable.

Rynyin
Feb 10, 2006

H.Y.C.Y.BH?

Twelve by Pies posted:

I've got a question. I'm trying to use Tsukiyomi to patch my game file with the sound restoration/fiesta mod/FFT portrait patch that was posted earlier, but when I tried it said "input checksum is invalid." I'm using a US rom, does that patch only work with PAL or something?

Are you applying it to an already patched ROM? I had that problem earlier when I tried to use that same patch on my file that already had a fiesta patch. I just applied the combined patch to a clean rom.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I don't *think* it's already patched but maybe it is. I guess I'll download a clean one and see what happens.

e: downloaded a fresh ROM, tried to apply the patch, still got "Failed! Input checksum is invalid."

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 18, 2017

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
So the big question is whether the fiesta will start when the run ends as it should.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Khisanth Magus posted:

So the big question is whether the fiesta will start when the run ends as it should.

Gilgabot is tweeting about it, so I would assume so.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
Run done.

e: If I recall correctly there will be some delay as RK adds in berserkers manually.

e2: continue to learn new things. Puwexil noted that Sol Cannon's Wave Beam is technically physical, so you can halve the damage taken by defending.

FreeKillB fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jun 18, 2017

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
And it is over!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
GO GO GO

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
let the games.....begin?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Berserker allocation then it starts.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

been waiting for so long.

InfernoBlade
Dec 3, 2006

Twelve by Pies posted:

I don't *think* it's already patched but maybe it is. I guess I'll download a clean one and see what happens.

e: downloaded a fresh ROM, tried to apply the patch, still got "Failed! Input checksum is invalid."

I was able to apply the FFT/sound restoration patch using upset with the No-Intro version of the US ROM (#2533, apparently renumbered from my copy of it... SHA-256 is 55c5f8222759b556c562fc6f72f54ac01128e077e3dde25035be1158ff704374). Are you sure you don't have some fucky ROM or are using the Euro version or something?

InfernoBlade fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jun 18, 2017

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Been facin' exdeath on and on, without a clue

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

RK fell asleep again, he tweet sleeps but he won't tweet the Fiesta start

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Just seeing what my party is before hitting the sack. Happy Fiesta everyone.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

How long until Gilgabot gets canned for spamming?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

InfernoBlade posted:

I was able to apply the FFT/sound restoration patch using upset with the No-Intro version of the US ROM (#2533, apparently renumbered from my copy of it... SHA-256 is 55c5f8222759b556c562fc6f72f54ac01128e077e3dde25035be1158ff704374). Are you sure you don't have some fucky ROM or are using the Euro version or something?

I don't think it's a weird rom, and I'm definitely using the US version. At any rate I downloaded NUPS and it said the patch didn't match the file, but it patched it anyway. I started the game up and I have the FFT portraits and SNES music, and I assume I'll have all the jobs when I have those unlocked, so :shrug:

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

For those considering the Randomizer hack, are you going to spoil the masteries or go in blind?

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Don't believe Ondore's Lies

(Doing pure chaos this time around. Planning on doing the brave blade too because that's how I usually play but we'll see)

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Basch may live, but I feel like someone has to acknowledge that every PS2-era single-player Final Fantasy game's actual protagonist is a female character, because Square-Enix sure as hell isn't going to.

Also this game just doesn't have enough princesses in its party already. Quadprincess run is a go.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

BrightWing posted:

Full ailment immunity Dancer, wearing the tiara, proper armor, and Hermes sandals dancing the boss away.

Not sure how often that'd be useful, but :v:
The Rainbow Dress is proper armor. Third best light armor after Bone Mail and the Vishnu Vest (only available in the gba bonus dungeon)

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

ComposerGuy posted:

Also the Blind status effect doesn't do anything, so you can go the whole game wearing those shades.
Because it wouldn't be 6 without some weird edge case, Blind prevents Strago from learning Lores and nothing else in the SNES version.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Nihilarian posted:

The Rainbow Dress is proper armor. Third best light armor after Bone Mail and the Vishnu Vest (only available in the gba bonus dungeon)

Yeah, it has 4 less Defense and 1 more MDef than the Genji Armor, makes you immune to Confuse, and weighs less than any heavy armor BPs (to the marginal extent that matters). I use it on Freelancers in normal playthroughs a lot.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Hogama posted:

Because it wouldn't be 6 without some weird edge case, Blind prevents Strago from learning Lores and nothing else in the SNES version.

:wtc:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
We're live.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

swag

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Well, Strago has to observe an attack to learn it, and he obviously can't do that if he's blind. :v:

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
White mage hype!

FreeKillB fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jun 18, 2017

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Aw yeah, got myself a Black Mage, finally.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
RED MAGE gently caress MY loving LIFE

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
http://fourjobfiesta.com/players.php?player=FiveFiesta

"Oh"

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
lmao I didn't even risk

InfernoBlade
Dec 3, 2006

I totally deserved this. But I'm going to JF at least one or two of the zerkers out TBH, I don't want my first fiesta run this year to die.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Never used a blue mage before, should be fun.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

welp

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ninja/Bers/erker/Thief

Checked ahead because I was going to resubmit last year's win pics if I got ninja/ber/ser/ker again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

blame yourself, or god

• Locked thread