Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The switch menu not being 1080 in docked mode looks so ugly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
launch a game scrub

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
ninjara is gently caress to fight as mummy

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

The switch menu not being 1080 in docked mode looks so ugly

I think it's only 720p docked in a few games? Minecraft, Rocket League?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Imagined posted:

I think it's only 720p docked in a few games? Minecraft, Rocket League?

he means the UI when games aren't being played.

which is the absolute least important thing in the world but I digress.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lakbay posted:

I wanna pre-order Mario Xcom but I'm worried it's going to be really short or something

That's about my only concern. The rumors seem to paint it as short

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I think the Ubisoft folks have claimed that it's around 20 hours long so take that for what you will.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Real hurthling! posted:

The highest quality 30fps experience

Teleprompter posted:

Spencer: Stick to the script, idiot!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Commissar Ken posted:

I think the Ubisoft folks have claimed that it's around 20 hours long so take that for what you will.

oh loving hell they can't be putting in SRPG tailing missions

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Al Borland Corp. posted:

That's about my only concern. The rumors seem to paint it as short

I haven't seen any rumors saying that

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

bandaid.friend posted:

christmas 2018. thinner and you can't take off the joycons. the controls sticks are downgraded to those pad things. but there's a camera in it. the virtual console is exclusive to the switch lite

There's no reason for them to release a revision that soon. The 2DS didn't come out until 2 years after the 3DS, and that was after the 3DS didn't do very well at launch.

The Switch is selling extremely well, there's no reason for them to do a revision any time soon. and it's not like the DS where the original system kinda sucked and a new form factor by itself made a huge difference. I don't know why people are having problems with this.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Quest For Glory II posted:

honestly i might be more into it if it turns out it's only 10-12 hrs rather than the 30 that XCOM is

i finished shadowrun returns and never finished XCOM on account of shadowrun returns being like 6-7 hours

This is why exactly I'm interested in Mario/Rabbids. I've always been interested in playing an XCOM game but the I get kinda turned off with how investing they seem to be. Something lighter sounds perfect.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

There's no reason for them to release a revision that soon. The 2DS didn't come out until 2 years after the 3DS, and that was after the 3DS didn't do very well at launch.

The Switch is selling extremely well, there's no reason for them to do a revision any time soon. and it's not like the DS where the original system kinda sucked and a new form factor by itself made a huge difference. I don't know why people are having problems with this.

They wont have a revision until they have tapped out demand for a full price switch which given shortages could be a while.

Then they cut the old models price, and launch a new one.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DalaranJ posted:

Am I reading this right? Did someone just ask whether they should buy the new Xbox One X?

I'll have you know it's the most powerful console that has ever existed.

It also plays 4K Blu-Ray's, suck it Sony :smuggo:.

What do you mean 'new games'? Didn't you see Forza? Crackdown 3? Our many upcoming console launch window exclusives? :confused:

Guy Goodbody posted:

Nintendo home consoles tend to be pretty optimized in their form factor for the duration of their lifetime. The DS and Game Boy Advance both got revisions for obvious technical/comfort reasons (along with the various 3DS models), but there hasn't ever been a real hardware variation for a home console aside from the Wii Mini. And that was just an excuse to get rid of spare parts.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It also plays 4K Blu-Ray's, suck it Sony :smuggo:.

What do you mean 'new games'? Didn't you see Forza? Crackdown 3? Our many upcoming console launch window exclusives? :confused:

Nintendo home consoles tend to be pretty optimized in their form factor for the duration of their lifetime. The DS and Game Boy Advance both got revisions for obvious technical/comfort reasons (along with the various 3DS models), but there hasn't ever been a real hardware variation for a home console aside from the Wii Mini. And that was just an excuse to get rid of spare parts.

Nes

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I will give the XBO X one thing, it does exactly what it says it does without any of the "it's totally a 4K console" with the fact that it's just faking real 4K being treated like it's in the fine print where they don't want anyone to notice it.

Like, it still doesn't feel desirable, but it doesn't feel like Microsoft is trying to obfuscate the hardware's limitations.

Now, the actual exclusivity of its launch titles? That's another thing. But then Sony is pretty bad about that too.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'll email my other excellent suggestions to Nintendo, then

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TFRazorsaw posted:

Now, the actual exclusivity of its launch titles? That's another thing. But then Sony is pretty bad about that too.

Sony at least just lets the games showcase without a big CONSOLE LAUNCH EXCLUSIVE beforehand to make sure everyone knows just how desperate they are to get someone to buy their new machine.

Fair enough. Most home consoles? :v:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I would like a smaller undocked switch because despite the commercial and goon testimony it's kinda unwieldy to use on a plane flight

SeANMcBAY posted:

This is why exactly I'm interested in Mario/Rabbids. I've always been interested in playing an XCOM game but the I get kinda turned off with how investing they seem to be. Something lighter sounds perfect.

I haven't played 2, but a lot of the playtime in XCOM comes from somewhat randomized maps and your dudes dying from bad luck. I'm excited to play XCOM with static maps and no permadeath

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

I will give the XBO X one thing, it does exactly what it says it does without any of the "it's totally a 4K console" with the fact that it's just faking real 4K being treated like it's in the fine print where they don't want anyone to notice it.

Like, it still doesn't feel desirable, but it doesn't feel like Microsoft is trying to obfuscate the hardware's limitations.

Asscreed will run at dynamic checkerboard 4k. The truest 4k imaginable.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Sony at least just lets the games showcase without a big CONSOLE LAUNCH EXCLUSIVE beforehand to make sure everyone knows just how desperate they are to get someone to buy their new machine.

Xbox has been doing this for a few years now, at least.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I definitely am willing to wait two years to save $50 by buying a Switch revamp that sucks

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm not really sure how that's better, just different wording.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
The switch is perfect, thanks.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Someone who's never used its kickstand posted:

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Where is my Netflix, Nintendo???

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

NewFatMike posted:

They're too busy working on the NES Classic 4K Edition

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

NewFatMike posted:

Get an Apple TV ya weenie

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

chaleski posted:

gently caress, really? That sounds terrible
nah that's just an SRPG

advance wars has a couple of levels that took me drat nearly an hour because of the choke points

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I need a second Switch so that I don't have to trust anyone else with my trade only evos in Pokémon Stars (2018)

..what do you mean the Switch is a social console??

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Death Squared launching 13/7 for $15USD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=161tFDpkXfY

314Mb

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Hmmmm hey Nintendo how about you release the loving Stardew valley?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

giving up on super mario world already? sad

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
WTF is 13/7? This is America. Speak American dammit.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Waltzing Along posted:

Howdy howdy howdy the only date you need to remember is the birth of Jesus maga

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Statistically the correct format :colbert:

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Anidav posted:

Howdy howdy howdy the only date you need to remember is the birth of Jesus maga

How dare you forget 9/11

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Statistically the correct format :colbert:

Actually i think you'll find that month-day has the numerical advantage

Thanks China