Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
They replaced Buu with Freeza to the ending credits, so this means I can clearly expect him next episode walking with the rest of the U7 crew like a badass. Screw Hakai discussion, this is all I want in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The end of the episode should have had Goku effortlessly knocking Freeza out and telling him to know his place.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
This episode was really GOOD.

My interpretation of why Freeza managed to get out of Hakai Ki while Goku couldn't is because Freeza is pure :moreevil: and thus can manage to harness the power of destruction, whereas Goku is dumb but pure of heart and thus can't (think of it like a reverse Devilmiite Beam)

As for the Hakai Ki vs Hakai conversation, I think of it like Saint Seiya Omega's Hyperion. He lends his Infinity Sword + 1 to one of his mooks and while he manages to do some damage to the heroes he cannot harness its full powers and ends up getting it chipped, but when later Hyperion uses it, he is able to equally withstand the Athena Exclamation and only loses because of the aforementioned chip.

Or other way to put it Hakai Ki =/= Hakai or otherwise there would be no reason for Freeza not to attempt to kill Beerus on the spot after finding out he can no sell the instakill move.

Ethiser posted:

The end of the episode should have had Goku effortlessly knocking Freeza out and telling him to know his place.

This is Dragon Ball Super. Goku doesn't get to win.

Caros
May 14, 2008

lezard_valeth posted:

Or other way to put it Hakai Ki =/= Hakai or otherwise there would be no reason for Freeza not to attempt to kill Beerus on the spot after finding out he can no sell the instakill move.

Other than the fact that even without Hakai Beerus could still probably body him with zero effort.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ethiser posted:

Wait for the manga

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dexo posted:

Wait for the manga

Lol you think Goku is gonna bother making a team.

He is gonna solo the tourney.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Kelp Plankton posted:

https://twitter.com/AnimeAjay/status/876079022463225856

the gently caress is happening in the Super manga

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Manga Goku will revive Frieza and explicitly order him to help the chumps from the other universes.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol you think Goku is gonna bother making a team.

He is gonna solo the tourney.

He'll use the multi-form technique without its drawback to fill in slots for the team.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kild posted:

He'll use the multi-form technique without its drawback to fill in slots for the team.

Ha I was just thinking this.

But it does have the draw backs Goku is just that strong.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Ha I was just thinking this.

But it does have the draw backs Goku is just that strong.

Each clone will just go kaioken times 100 to keep up.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So like, Goku bringing Freeza back is just about the dumbest idea he's ever had right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Burkion posted:

So like, Goku bringing Freeza back is just about the dumbest idea he's ever had right?

It's between that or giving Cell the Senzu Bean.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It is the dumbest but sadly I'm not sure there's a better one.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

TFRazorsaw posted:

It is the dumbest but sadly I'm not sure there's a better one.

Yamcha

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

But Zen-oh will erase them if they show up without 10 capable fighters on the team.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Kanos posted:

But Zen-oh will erase them if they show up without 10 capable fighters on the team.

And yet, Tien

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
The best part was showing Freeza powering up and instead of being excited like he was with everyone else Goku looks actually terrified.

You've killed your universe Goku. :v:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

so that was a Yardrat alien person right? i'm not the only one who caught that? outfit and all? because that's kind of cool

i wonder if we'll see any other obscure alien races pop up. i feel like we'll absolutely see at least one other Namekian if they're pulling out the Yardrat stuff

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Yeah, we're already on thin ice.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kelp Plankton posted:

so that was a Yardrat alien person right? i'm not the only one who caught that? outfit and all? because that's kind of cool

i wonder if we'll see any other obscure alien races pop up. i feel like we'll absolutely see at least one other Namekian if they're pulling out the Yardrat stuff

That was indeed a Yardrat. Very nice cameo from an unimportant race that doesn't even look like that in Toriyama's own canon (as shown in Online).

https://twitter.com/suisoukiraki/status/876247160731222016

Hopefully he'll have at least somewhat of a role. Wonder what Universe he's from.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Goku could have grabbed some namekians and had them fuse together.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Still would be weaker than Frieza.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TFRazorsaw posted:

To be fair, I'm not sure who on the team is stronger than Freeza at this point. Goku might be but only if he goes ham on Kaioken.

I'm going to be very curious what he talks about with Frost considering how pathetic Frost is and Oh Jesus he's going to play frost like a fiddle

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Should have brought Dende. You could always use a white mage.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Caros posted:

Can't tell if your serious.

It is how people talk about the overall growth curve of power in Dragonball. Super doesn't give even a single gently caress trying to keep an sort of sensical power curve, so it is throwing the power level crowd into a tizzy.

Basically "Goku as SSJ3 was the strongest there is (other than Gohan). Then he got SSJGod which multiplied his power by AT LEAST 50x, if not more. Then he trained for three years as a SSJB, so now in his base form he is so much stronger than even end of DBZ Goku was at his best. Then you throw on KaioKen x10 on top of that and Goku is now *begins bleeding from the nose*"

That's all simple to bullshit. Toriyama's asspull powerlevels have exponential gaps between their numbers. How big are the gaps? They're exactly plot.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Can Soba be on the Universe 6 team? He might stand a chance of being stronger than Frieza.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

That just means you need to keep adding Namekians!

The final warrior of Universe 7: A horrifying fused gestalt of the entire Namekian race.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kanos posted:

That just means you need to keep adding Namekians!

The final warrior of Universe 7: A horrifying fused gestalt of the entire Namekian race.

just read db multiverse.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Wow goku is a goddamn idiot

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Kanos posted:

Legioboe.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Caros posted:

Can't tell if your serious.

It is how people talk about the overall growth curve of power in Dragonball. Super doesn't give even a single gently caress trying to keep an sort of sensical power curve, so it is throwing the power level crowd into a tizzy.

Basically "Goku as SSJ3 was the strongest there is (other than Gohan). Then he got SSJGod which multiplied his power by AT LEAST 50x, if not more. Then he trained for three years as a SSJB, so now in his base form he is so much stronger than even end of DBZ Goku was at his best. Then you throw on KaioKen x10 on top of that and Goku is now *begins bleeding from the nose*"

where does the 3 years come from

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lol someone is arguing power levels were ever consistent.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Goku trains for a year with King Kai: goes from Weaker-Than-RaditZ tier to Vegeta tier.

Goku trains for like a week in space: goes from Vegeta tier to 'clowning on entire Ginyu force tier'.

Goku gets beat up and healed once: Goes from 'clowning on Ginyu force' tier to 'matching 33% of Final Form Freeza' tier.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
"Power Levels Are Bullshit" should permanently be the thread title.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

where does the 3 years come from

Time Chamber.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Pureauthor posted:

Goku trains for a year with King Kai: goes from Weaker-Than-RaditZ tier to Vegeta tier.

Goku trains for like a week in space: goes from Vegeta tier to 'clowning on entire Ginyu force tier'.

Goku gets beat up and healed once: Goes from 'clowning on Ginyu force' tier to 'matching 33% of Final Form Freeza' tier.

DBZ has real bad level progression. You have a real hard time at the early levels, then it just kinda exponentially ramps up. It's basically a clicker game.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I think that was my favorite episode of Super. Freeza is very, very scary. Seeing him struggle with the Destruction Ball and try to turn on everyone was great. What is the way out of this horrible, horrible deal Goku made?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Goku also got the poo poo beaten out of him in the Saiyan Saga so you can put a zenkai in before Ginyu Force too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Little Mac posted:

I think that was my favorite episode of Super. Freeza is very, very scary. Seeing him struggle with the Destruction Ball and try to turn on everyone was great. What is the way out of this horrible, horrible deal Goku made?

bring freeza back, immediately kill freeza

• Locked thread