Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Alternatively just give this event its own game mode away from regular play, if that lets them make missions a tiny bit more interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

JerryLee posted:

I think there's some design space between missions trolling your team by making you play AD Lux or w/e (IIRC this was actually one of the examples they used in the missions devblog), and missions being completely pointless.

Has anybody actually shelled out for the cash shop thing that gives you exclusive mission chains? Are those any more interesting?

The missions have 1 per line where you must play a game as either Riven or Yasuo (Depending on whether its Order or Chaos line) If that's their idea of an interesting mission, I'd rather they just not. Forcing people to play terrible champs is not fun.

I agree it could be better if it was associated with a custom game mode where more experimentation is encouraged but meh.

Most of the missions are stuff like, your team kills this many minions or gets this much gold or this many kills or whatever.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
They should make missions like "Queue as top lane and pick a tank and not a goddamn third ad based carry on this team with a Lee Sin jungle" or "Buy a resistance item on your first back after dying in lane that matches your opposing laner's damage type"

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

CubeTheory posted:

They should make missions like "Queue as top lane and pick a tank and not a goddamn third ad based carry on this team with a Lee Sin jungle" or "Buy a resistance item on your first back that matches your opposing laner's damage type"

Yeah, definitely.

Even if they dont have the tech for that, they could probably easily do stuff like, participate in x dragon takedowns or place y amount of wards. Using missions to teach good habits would probably be the best way to go about it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my quest is to play a thousand games while stoned to simulate goku training in advanced gravity

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

my quest is to play a thousand games while stoned to simulate goku training in advanced gravity

That's actually fine. I do better in small engagements and bully the gently caress out of my lane but miss 70% of my cs and get lost in team fights.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

That's actually fine. I do better in small engagements and bully the gently caress out of my lane but miss 70% of my cs and get lost in team fights.

i dont remember if i shared this before but if you look at my score line you will see how powerful i was, and let me tell you i was INCREDIBLY high during this: https://plays.tv/s/LJN1jCaZpnF3

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Hey that nasus guy is streaming, I havent watched him in a while lets see what hes up toooogggahhahgggggggggggggggggggggggg

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Addamere posted:

This entire series is a gold mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBgKVQJlodg

Darius player goes 3/13 while calling his 18/3/5 shaco and 10/0/17 xerath literally the worst players ever, brain damaged, should have been aborted, etc. He's already chat restricted during the game, and gets another hit after. The best thing is his buddy on comms is trying to just laugh it off and suggest such amazing tactics as "maybe don't fight," and "why are you raging at shaco?" which only makes him get madder.

:discourse: A++ a perfect 5 out of 7
It is sad that I recognize this, but (I think) this is the same guy who had that video on reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/4nrok6/reality_denial/

gvibes fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jun 18, 2017

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Support Nunu because what the heck else could I do.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
I remember a few years ago support nunu was just straight up the most common kind of nunu. Not exactly sure why that stopped being a thing.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ShadowHawk posted:

I remember a few years ago support nunu was just straight up the most common kind of nunu. Not exactly sure why that stopped being a thing.

even if nothing else changed the amount of ranged supports that just completely and utterly destroy him without him having any kind of benefit to outweigh that would be enough. but also he doesnt do anything in a world where they dont exist.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
They also moved more and more of his power over to Q, which is useless as a support

I was against a support Nunu fairly recently. Had a good level one because he gets to cast level two snowball; with AP runes and spellthief it did like a third of the adc's health with one spell

That's all it did though

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
When Caitlyn was basically a hyper carry way back when because nobody matched her range, Nunu's bloodboil gave a ridiculous amount of AS, enough that it warranted picking Nunu support to make Caitlyn do even more damage.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Day 6. I have returned.

Today was recovery and clean up. 95 bottles of wine were consumed over the last 168 hours. 12 hours of travelling. Layover time in the airport was spent fighting with Kubernetes and Hadoop. I re-familiarized myself with building and operating a PKI. Tomorrow is my vacation day from the vacation. I will be fielding all questions asked of my adventures tomorrow.

I need aloe vera.

I fear for my life

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

On op.gg zac seems to have a >100% ban rate (I believe they count double bans as double)

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

ShadowHawk posted:

Also between the attack speed slow on his snowball and ult he messed up any attack speed dependent adc on the other side and massively buffed the attack speed dependent adc on his side with blood boil. Since pretty much most of the older adcs were like that, cept like ez, that was a pretty big deal many years ago.

In particular, Sivir/Nunu was my favorite combo when he was strong. Unless you were sitting on your turret you'd always be at risk of being chased down by them. Blood boil + sivir passive alone was enough, add in the rest and they were just impossible to kite.

But yeah like others have said, the power was shifted around in his kit and there are many more options for bot lane now. He's prob still good in certain set ups but with how strong nunu jg is why not just run him there now.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jun 18, 2017

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Methanar posted:

I will be fielding all questions asked of my adventures tomorrow.

Why do you think we're interested?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ShadowHawk posted:

On op.gg zac seems to have a >100% ban rate (I believe they count double bans as double)

lolalytics is always the superior stat site, which shows 64%

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

ShadowHawk posted:

Beyond changes to Nunu's buff there is also the thing where they started adding supports that were actually fun to play. You know, supports that went beyond dance in the bush all day, occasionally push buttons. Back when people were deadly afraid to push the minion wave during the laning phase.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

It took my 7 games to get all the tokens I need to get the level 7 emote for Rek'sai.

She's really potent early/mid, and like a lot of bruisers can struggle late depending on the enemy team comp. Her time to shine is right around level 6/7/8 when you have Warrior since your E will do ~200-250 True damage, and your ult chunks for a hefty 20% missing HP execute (in addition to the damage/scaling). Since the R changes, I have experienced only two players dodge my ult: a Zed who did it accidentally with his R and wasn't sure what happened, and an Ekko who (presumably) knew what was up and managed to wall-hop with his E.

That said, if overall performance and pick/ban rate are used to determine champion health she's probably still a little bit under-tuned and it's entirely possible to see a few more small tweaks come down the pipeline - probably on the order of base stats or something.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I think a lot of her problems were people not realizing that R actually does something now, instead of nothing

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

Mierenneuker posted:

Beyond changes to Nunu's buff there is also the thing where they started adding supports that were actually fun to play. You know, supports that went beyond dance in the bush all day, occasionally push buttons. Back when people were deadly afraid to push the minion wave during the laning phase.
And at this point it seems that (silver) players have forgotten how to do anything but push the wave. Freezing and zoning are some high level poo poo it seems.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
lee sin used to be a new level of terror in most elos so much that pushing the wave meant he was always waiting behind you

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Mikujin posted:

Why do you think we're interested?

holy loving poo poo lmfao kill em

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
He isn't wrong. Those posts loving suck.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
They're bad but the worst part is the trail of "zuuhhh uh go outside DORK" posts they leave in their wake.....

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Hell what do I know. I'm just a guy trying to get a drat nut in this messed up world.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

They're bad but the worst part is the trail of "zuuhhh uh go outside DORK" posts they leave in their wake.....

you gotta love when people pick the same low hanging fruit that everyone else has already done for like 2 years ftw.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Fair point but the cheerleading ones are about as bad

Also I don't really know how you can enjoy Rek'sai all that much, Mikujin. The champ is good, sure, but functional is the best way I'd describe her. Like she works, she's good, but she's really boring. The ult change is lame, I miss global warping in exchange for a pseudo Nocturne ult

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I appreciate the burns because I understand no one can resist making fun of Methanar.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Servaetes posted:

Fair point but the cheerleading ones are about as bad

Also I don't really know how you can enjoy Rek'sai all that much, Mikujin. The champ is good, sure, but functional is the best way I'd describe her. Like she works, she's good, but she's really boring. The ult change is lame, I miss global warping in exchange for a pseudo Nocturne ult

honestly i think the new ult change is fun, i like the way you have to mark targets, it just feels really satisfying as a jungler when someone flashes and tries to escape and then you loving teleport onto them and knock their block off. i hope to play more reksai in the near future...

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Hey that nasus guy is streaming, I havent watched him in a while lets see what hes up toooogggahhahgggggggggggggggggggggggg

the one time i watched this motherfucker do music stuff he asked chat for some chord progressions and didn't even know how to play any 7th chords. extremely NOT my poo poo

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

what a fool - i, however, have mastered the 7th chords, and have gone even further beyond: 9th chords, and the suspended 2nd chords all are feeble before my musical grasp.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
personally i like a nice minor 6th

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
someone in my game yesterday had the name minor fifth which i assume is a music thing thats my story thanks for listening

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Addamere posted:

someone in my game yesterday had the name minor fifth which i assume is a music thing thats my story thanks for listening

it means the guy is 5 years old and had his mom and dad sign a waiver to riot letting him play and if you said a bad word then riot is going to ban you

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

The idea of clicking on a league stream and the streamer is playing music with an inexplicable extra from eastbound and down is so loving funny to me.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
d gates? that was the old me. im not about that life anymore

*guitar slowly comes in from off screen*

here's a lil song i wrote called 'gently caress george bush'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Lovechop posted:

personally i like a nice minor 6th

I mean all 6ths are minor, really, at least in a regular octave chord progression

• Locked thread