Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sunken fleet posted:

Why are people emoting at the NPCs in the first place? A lot of role players play this game or something? :lol:

Susano is part of a trial, so people could be using persistent emotes like sits, dances etc. when they accept the queue pop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Oh god, it's because of persistent emotes. The Susano MSQ is the only quest that spits you out underwater when it's finished, and the game doesn't know how to render you doing /sit (or any other persistent emote) underwater, so it throws a directx error and crashes. :argh: I can see exactly how that would get by QA, too, since it's an interaction between two changes.

This is good to know; it means if I ever break the Raubahn & Pipin walls and get to Susano I can progress without fear.

Long as I can resist the urge to break into moogledance.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Switching to Omega worked.

Now I can finally play this stupid game.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

sunken fleet posted:

Why are people emoting at the NPCs in the first place? A lot of role players play this game or something? :lol:

If you've never /slapped an NPC IDK what to tell you.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
8 hours of clicking that one armed footstool total now. Dungeon queues are fine but every trial queue disconnects me and puts me in a 40 minute time out hole.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jun 18, 2017

TKImpulse
Oct 21, 2009

vOv posted:

If you've never /slapped an NPC IDK what to tell you.

I refuse to believe there's a single person who didn't /slap the NPC Koji Fox in the Eighteenth Floor.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Made the mistake of trying to learn my level 60 Red Mage skill.
Now I'm getting 500 person queues that immediately 90k me into 500 person queues.

Just spit me into the game world instead, I'll do something else.
Maybe they'll finally learn about not making these instanced single player fights come 5.0.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
So is there any point in sitting in The Fringes trying to get into the Raubahn instance? Or should I just give up and go play another game for a while?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Jumping into PVP now for first time as Monk, feel like I have no clue what I'm doing still but it's pretty fun.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Maybe they'll finally learn about not making these instanced single player fights come 5.0.

The single player instances are fine. Heavensward had a ton of them and I never saw a problem.

Maybe just not 1 hour into the new content, and maybe have some resources set aside for them.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

In order to address the issue wherein beating “The Pool of Tribute” results in an error being displayed when returning from the content and causing players to be unable to log in again, we will be performing emergency maintenance on "The Ruby Sea" on all Worlds at the time below, during which the area will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
Jun. 18, 2017 2:00 a.m. (PDT), for a few minutes
* Completion time is subject to change.

[Affected Area]
The Ruby Sea

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

cathead posted:

In order to address the issue wherein beating “The Pool of Tribute” results in an error being displayed when returning from the content and causing players to be unable to log in again, we will be performing emergency maintenance on "The Ruby Sea" on all Worlds at the time below, during which the area will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
Jun. 18, 2017 2:00 a.m. (PDT), for a few minutes
* Completion time is subject to change.

[Affected Area]
The Ruby Sea

I know it's important they fix everything, and this is obviously the easier fix, but there's something kind of insulting about them prioritizing this while most of the population can't even make it to that content.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Adept Nightingale posted:

I know it's important they fix everything, and this is obviously the easier fix, but there's something kind of insulting about them prioritizing this while most of the population can't even make it to that content.

I think it's less prioritizing this and more that this is a thing they can actually fix right now

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Yea if all they have to do is take one zone offline for "a few minutes" to fix it I'd imagine it's much simpler than fixing the instance servers.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
I foolishly started the SAM job quests, thinking the problems were related to Raubydawg and Duty Finder, only for YoshiP to curse me by DCing me when I attempted the instance in the second SAM quest.

Not too bad a night though, I did stop at Raubydawg but I worked on aether currents and finding locations on the map. That giant hole in the Fringe is spooky!

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Plus that bug was borking character profiles so bad you needed to put your name on a list so a GM could fix it.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
That and the fact that you can actually log on and do other things even if you can't get past Raub/Pipin vs a critical bug that makes the game actually unplayable.

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

Lant posted:

That and the fact that you can actually log on and do other things even if you can't get past Raub/Pipin vs a critical bug that makes the game actually unplayable.

Man, I take your point, but I'm getting 90ks everywhere, not just there. I've been trying to do other poo poo for days.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
lmao if poo poo is still hosed tomorrow night

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Except we said that two nights ago???

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

We'll be lucky if this poo poo is fixed by Tuesday.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
im preparing my lmaos.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
This Stormblood launch has done a good job of getting me playing Eternal again.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Just glad I won't be too far behind my friends since I've just been doing rdm stuff. 59 now, almost there!

Potd is insane xp

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
I've made a quick guide for the Kugane Tower Climb. Give the challenge a try, if you dare.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

The single player instances are fine. Heavensward had a ton of them and I never saw a problem.

Maybe just not 1 hour into the new content, and maybe have some resources set aside for them.

And maybe think about what you put into them. Like many before it, the Raubahn one doesn't even need to be a singleplayer instance (oh no it's not epic enough if dozens of people are in the area steamrolling the enemies) and it's sort of long because the things you kill have a lot of HP - doing it with the wrong class or by being bad makes it take up to 10 minutes. The Pipin one is okay as a singleplayer instance because of how it advances the plot, but it's even longer. Both aren't quite trivial enough so it's possible some people even fail them. So if you limit your singleplayer quest instances to x simultaneous ones per datacenter, this alone will make it worse compared to eg. the early ARR ones that were clogged up taking about five minutes for pseudo boss fights you couldn't really lose.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

quote:

Pipin and Raubahn, at Gyr Abania.

Raubahn, his arm folded.

Pipin, when the wall fell.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

I would love to do this. If I could get to Kugane.

:argh:

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

I just made it to Kugane when the servers went down earlier, then I had to go to work. Luckily it didn't go down in the middle of that first dungeon, that would have really sucked

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Why did you spoiler that?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Oh poo poo Susano is a contender for Most Hype Primal Phase Transition. Not quite Shiva, but it's up there.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

nuru posted:

Why did you spoiler that?

I dunno, people get weird about spoilers sometimes, even if it's for simple poo poo.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
So fun fact, I got smuggled over the wall!

You don't get access to any of the new areas, You can just visit the other side of the wall.

Edit: and there's no new fishing nodes over there, botany and mining sure but

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Waci posted:

Oh poo poo Susano is a contender for Most Hype Primal Phase Transition. Not quite Shiva, but it's up there.

Edit- Also Alexander.

Lant fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Jun 18, 2017

Griz
May 21, 2001

ghostinmyshell posted:

I've been looking for the 61 fish for the collectible.

the collectible fish is in the big river with the crocodiles in the north part of Fringes. it seems to require cloudy weather, and even then the catch rate is so low that you end up getting more exp from other fish than you do from the turn-ins.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

I beat Stormblood, and I didn't even use your guide :smug:

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
2 expansions late but I've done King Moggle Mog for the first time.

Good fight.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Lant posted:

Edit- Also Alexander.

I said primals, raids don't count :colbert:

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
Warring Triad are just three primal fights though, it counts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Yea but A12 doesn't, and none of the triad are as good as Shiva's stomp.