Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Brianna Wu tweeted that that she didn't want any private space missions to the moon because someone could weaponize it by throwing moon rocks to earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

consumed by normies posted:

congrats on the communism brits

Jose posted:

you're alive :eyepop:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

skaboomizzy posted:

Brianna Wu tweeted that that she didn't want any private space missions to the moon because someone could weaponize it by throwing moon rocks to earth.

I too, have read the Expanse novels and use them as a guide to forming serious political policy

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

I too, have played Majora's Mask and use it as a guide to forming serious political policy

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
what happens if those rocks were make of naquadah

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

logikv9 posted:

what happens if those rocks were make of naquadah

indeed

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

the toll is going to keep rising (can't really do the opposite) but i'm not going to trust a random freelancer's twitter take yet

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner posted:

I too, have read The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress and use it as a guide to forming serious political policy

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

skaboomizzy posted:

what kind of lovely video game developer doesn't want Moon Wars

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

skaboomizzy posted:

I'm also against private moon mission and space travel, but because I don't want the rich to escape to a space colony when the earth finally becomes unlivable.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I'm also against private moon mission and space travel, but because I don't want the rich to escape to a space colony when the earth finally becomes unlivable.

what does it matter? colonizing space is more important than economics

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Too bad, that'll happen regardless. If not space, it'll be some crazy Biosphere dome thing here on Earth. Might as well let 'em have their space house for the future of the species if nothing else.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Imagine where we could be now if those plans drawn up in the late 1940s for nuclear propelled rocket ships had been refined and developed into an actual interplanetary space program.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Helsing posted:

Imagine where we could be now if those plans drawn up in the late 1940s for nuclear propelled rocket ships had been refined and developed into an actual interplanetary space program.

we would be having our first space war right about now

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Helsing posted:

You mean Orion? Earth would be loving irradiated, is where we'd be.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

imo the Partial Test Ban Treaty has a lot to answer for

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yeah, but on the other hand:

Baloogan posted:

we would be having our first space war right about now

Instead of pointlessly shitposting on a dying forum we could all be warring across interplanetary space for control of Saturns' crucial Helium-3 reserves

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I fail to see the problem

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Also dimethylmercuy was at one time proposed as rocket propellent

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Helsing posted:

Instead of pointlessly shitposting on a dying forum we could all be warring across interplanetary space for control of Saturns' crucial Helium-3 reserves

blah its prob we would be dying because ferdinand emperor of the 8km long asteroid astate was killed by an assassins bomb, which lead the astro-hungarian empire to declar war on the spacebians and due to an absurd web of alliances everyone is fighting everyone and no one knows why

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Baloogan posted:

blah its prob we would be dying because ferdinand emperor of the 8km long asteroid astate was killed by an assassins bomb, which lead the astro-hungarian empire to declar war on the spacebians and due to an absurd web of alliances everyone is fighting everyone and no one knows why

i only declared war because hiawatha beat me to the space lourve again

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Baloogan posted:

yeah this

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

So instead of watching anime we'd all be living (and dying) in one? Not seeing the problem here

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30aGtXWo0SU

corbyn will be introducing people who used "notice me sempai" in a song

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Baloogan posted:

what does it matter? colonizing space is more important than economics
And because it's important it should be done responsibly by a state agency. Market based space colonization would literally be a bunch of slave colonies in space. You think company towns were bad? Imagine company moons.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Jose posted:

Also dimethylmercuy was at one time proposed as rocket propellent

And given the food thread at pyf and the igniton book , that was kind of the tip of the iceberg.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Yinlock posted:

what kind of lovely video game developer doesn't want Moon Wars

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

And because it's important it should be done responsibly by a state agency. Market based space colonization would literally be a bunch of slave colonies in space. You think company towns were bad? Imagine company moons.

good point, states have never used slaves

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Helsing posted:

So instead of watching anime we'd all be living (and dying) in one? Not seeing the problem here

has anyone studied the physics of giant anime tiddies irl in space

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
On one hand a responsible body making space colonies adhering the common standards and rights laws is good

On the other hand:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

deadgoon posted:

has anyone studied the physics of giant anime tiddies irl in space

the next role for Scarjo

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

whats going on here

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ThndrShk2k posted:

On one hand a responsible body making space colonies adhering the common standards and rights laws is good

On the other hand:

why did you say the same thing twice???

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

ThndrShk2k posted:

On the other hand:

I hear that station has the best food in the quadrant.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/sta...r%3D544%23pti27

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
So all the realistic estimates I have seen say the final death toll for Grenfell is gonna be around 200, possibly twice that, with most of them children. And god, every story that comes out makes the whole thing worse.

Also apparently the council is being completely useless

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Kurtofan posted:

whats going on here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Neil#Private_Eye

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/lnteGritty/status/876069650316107776

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Question(s), how much of this election was a backlash against Brexit; did Brexit adversely affect young people more than other demographics?

If it did affect younger people more, how?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

radical meme posted:

Question(s), how much of this election was a backlash against Brexit; did Brexit adversely affect young people more than other demographics?

If it did affect younger people more, how?

An awful lot of younger people were counting on having EU citizenship for the purposes of their continuing education and/or future careers, which got pulled out from underneath them.