Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
So, I decided I was actually gonna try to do the quests for the Armor of Ro gear. The slots that are good anyway. All I have to say is its a giant sack of not worth. Between the factioning for the paladin guilds, then factioning for the temple of sol ro, buying the platinum bars, and getting the various bullshit drops... i could have exp'd to gain levels and earned enough plat to just buy the pieces.

It's incredibly frustrating to look at like... the SK quests like "lol ok".

FranktheBank fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jun 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dralun
May 22, 2012

FranktheBank posted:

So, I decided I was actually gonna try to do the quests for the Armor of Ro gear. The slots that are good anyway. All I have to say is its a giant sack of not worth. Between the factioning for the paladin guilds, then factioning for the temple of sol ro, buying the platinum bars, and getting the various bullshit drops... i could have exp'd to gain levels and earned enough plat to just buy the pieces.

It's incredibly frustrating to look at like... the SK quests like "lol ok".

Nearly 17 years after the fact, I don't remember much else about those quests, but I do distinctly remember mistmoore granite being a massive pain in the rear end to get from those gargoyles.

Someone up thread said don't be a bard. Is that because there's no fade yet, did they do something to break bards, or are there just too many of them on this new server? While probably never going to be an issue on the the PoP server, did they ever fix the songs with flurry bug?

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Dralun posted:

Nearly 17 years after the fact, I don't remember much else about those quests, but I do distinctly remember mistmoore granite being a massive pain in the rear end to get from those gargoyles.

Someone up thread said don't be a bard. Is that because there's no fade yet, did they do something to break bards, or are there just too many of them on this new server? While probably never going to be an issue on the the PoP server, did they ever fix the songs with flurry bug?

Bards are cool and good and very few will actually be playing one. For whatever reason, most people hate the idea of playing bard, but they always want us around in raids. Your personal dps sucks a fat bhabhi's giant balls, so bards are highly dependent on grouping, maybe that's why the other poster discouraged it.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Got the final bit of loot on Phinny I wanted - the 40% heal focus Aug. Now waiting 5 weeks for Gates !

I've noticed an up-tick in raid attendance with people who were on a break coming back so I don't think guilds will be struggling to fill GoD raids.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

Baconroll posted:

Got the final bit of loot on Phinny I wanted - the 40% heal focus Aug. Now waiting 5 weeks for Gates !

I've noticed an up-tick in raid attendance with people who were on a break coming back so I don't think guilds will be struggling to fill GoD raids.

We haven't really had people not show up to raids, except a bit with LDoN raiding.

The issue is we just had 4-5 people join or start playing again right as Agnarr hit and they had no one to do anything with or get xp. Kind of a gigantic gently caress you to join a guild that normally has a few groups going on at least in the afternoons to find it a ghost town unless its raid time.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
We've had a bit of a drop in AoS running up to gates. Raids like LDoN we don't split anymore. The guild as a whole is pretty burned out with PoP/LDoN. Still not got my evo focus gem yet! Seen it once since LDoN was launched. Dropped all the time in the other raid..

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Yeah, BDA is basically a ghost town outside of raids. Raids are still going fine, but we usually have to get started with lighter numbers, as people finally decide to join late.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

xZAOx posted:

Yeah, BDA is basically a ghost town outside of raids. Raids are still going fine, but we usually have to get started with lighter numbers, as people finally decide to join late.

The curse of raiding, people not wanting to start on time to do clearing.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Dralun posted:

I got 1 granite while exping there, now I am trying to go back and get a 2nd and its terrible. I'm only doing it because I have literally everything else, including the mold. I am currently deciding between 2 ac & 10 SVPoison vs 50 mana.

Deciding on an alt is hard. Its between Druid (for ports + small tracking), Ranger (uber tracking), Mag (solo/dps/farming) or maybe try a bard (everything), but seems too much for me.

Edit: Went to MM 10 minutes ago. Asking in /ooc for granite. 2 were rotting in GY. Now I have a spare... gently caress.

FranktheBank fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jun 14, 2017

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

FranktheBank posted:

I got 1 granite while exping there, now I am trying to go back and get a 2nd and its terrible. I'm only doing it because I have literally everything else, including the mold. I am currently deciding between 2 ac & 10 SVPoison vs 50 mana.

Deciding on an alt is hard. Its between Druid (for ports + small tracking), Ranger (uber tracking), Mag (solo/dps/farming) or maybe try a bard (everything), but seems too much for me.

druids make the best alts since they can do a bit of everything.

I mained a druid, yes, I am a masochist why do you ask?

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Dralun posted:

Bards are good. They don't solo particularly well (you could but good luck getting mana back for charms) and there's some extremely annoying gaps in your mez tiers but you shouldn't have a problem with getting groups. It's still a busy class even with melody when you play it right and pull so I'd recommend another class if you want to be a lazy poo poo and sit in the corner with songs.

Granted they don't stack particularly well in groups but you'd ideally want a bard for every group in a raid. It just kind of depends how many people box bards.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Today I was trying to clean my house a bit, but i wanted to do something productive in game that didnt take too much attention

So I camped rear end/sup. I wanted the Mask most of all, but the belt or bag would be a nice bonus I had one camp taken from me by a lvl 50 necro (who felt the need to link me the mask when he got the drop). Ended up getting another camp later. I picked into a zone just as the rear end/sup crew wiped. I ended up rezzing them, they gave me about 100p total. They ended up leaving after everyone got rezzed, so I took the camp over.

Supplier spawned not too long after and friggin belt dropped. Stoked. A while later, a 20 shaman showed up and asked if he could hang out for a mask rot. I told him sure, but unlikely, because I will probably take off after I get a mask. I ended up getting a mask a few cycles after he arrived. He was stoked for me, I was super happy to get both drops. He offered 30p to have me stay another spawn to see if he got a mask. I ended up doing it for free. Nothing the next spawn. I was in the middle of cooking dinner, so I told him one more cycle. First, supplier spawns and we joke if I actually got a second belt.

I get a second belt. We are laughing in chat when Assassin spawns and he does not have the dagger. Dude gets his mask after just hanging out with me for a few hours. I get two TBBs. Was a great night.

Edit: Then I went to EC and found nightfall giant up, so I made some Graves of Ro, because now I had the two hardest drops for it.

FranktheBank fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jun 15, 2017

WTF BEES
Feb 26, 2004

I think I just hit a creature?
A couple friends and I have started up on the new Agnarr and are having a fun time. Managed to get a monk to 4, and 20pp or so in my pocket via bone chips and a nice necromancer in East Commons, which in turn allowed me to get some magic gloves so I can punch magic things.

I think back when I was a teenager it took a solid week to get where I am now.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
How come I cannot loot anything by right clicking? Lost a Kedge Robe the Coercer was dressed up in because of that. Got four plat when she died, bit the robe rotted .

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

DerekSmartymans posted:

How come I cannot loot anything by right clicking? Lost a Kedge Robe the Coercer was dressed up in because of that. Got four plat when she died, bit the robe rotted .

Pretty much everything is done but the advanced looting system. You should see a window come up with opens like N (need) G (greed) No (pass) and then AN AG Never (which say Always vote this). Type /advloot to bring up the window if its not up on its own.

Tonight I was grouping in solb at Bats and bugs, then was an enchanter upstairs doing FGs, I talked to him, be wanted help splitting King room, so i sent my monk buddy up there while I kept pulling/tanking for our group. King died, dropped the necklace, Enc let me go and loot it for free. Twas' a good night. I even popped a group xp potion.

I am kinda about to hit a wall with gearing though. Almost every slot is BiS or near (except jewelry) for pre-planar. My next step would be stuff like necklace from Sky, OP Eru Shield from Hate and Valorium armor from Fear. I guess I have to join a raid guild, but I dunno about requirements and the TZs of each one...

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

There are a lot of people doing regular groups in the Planes, even saw an open PoF raid the other day which I'm sure went as well as you would expect.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

DerekSmartymans posted:

also corpses open to normal "right clicking" after 15 minutes, if the corpse is blocked by something and you can't click it, target the corpse (/target a_name_of_thing) and /loot it.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Last year i started on Phinigel when luclin was about to unlock. Had some fun but felt hopelessly behind.
I just started on Agnarr this time around (only 3 weeks late) and it's friggin awesome. Super community. Instant group invites (or forming them myself).

Managed to level my Wizard to 30.

Now i'm gonna spend some time earning cash as a taxidriver. In as "Cabbie".

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

DerekSmartymans posted:

You didn't lose a robe if it didn't show up in the loot window. If there is nothing new that dropped (items already met your rules of Always need / greed / never) or just coin, you'll see the items in the log. If you leave an item on the corpse, it also calls that out individually.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

onesixtwo posted:

You didn't lose a robe if it didn't show up in the loot window. If there is nothing new that dropped (items already met your rules of Always need / greed / never) or just coin, you'll see the items in the log. If you leave an item on the corpse, it also calls that out individually.

Ok, thanks: makes me feel much better.

Daddar
Nov 13, 2003

What the fuck is the Internet?
I am really enjoying the Agnarr server but holy poo poo is it tough to farm, even with multiple instances. What's everyone farming to make plat/krono now days?

WTF BEES
Feb 26, 2004

I think I just hit a creature?
So I also made a dude on Firiona Vie, got to 11 super fast, and managed to make my way to Unrest to mess around in my favorite MMO dungeon ever, only to be quad'd by a ghoul for 1500+ dmg each hit. Is their some kind of event going on or what?

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

WTF BEES posted:

So I also made a dude on Firiona Vie, got to 11 super fast, and managed to make my way to Unrest to mess around in my favorite MMO dungeon ever, only to be quad'd by a ghoul for 1500+ dmg each hit. Is their some kind of event going on or what?

You can now use /calendar for more information, but basically yeah, a couple of the old world dungeons (Lower Guk, Cazic Thule, Unrest, BlackBurrow, Mistmoore Castle, Permafrost Keep, and Nagafen's Lair) are all in 'Darkened' mode where they drop better version of their normal loot.

I think they revert to normal in a week or two? Maybe wednesday with the patch? I'm not sure, I play on progression and don't get these changes yet.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

WTF BEES posted:

It's called Hardcore Heritage. Happens once a year for 1-2 months where they introduce a revamped version of the old world dungeons designed for higher level characters.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Does anyone ever cast a heal that doesn't heal the targeted player ?

Happens to me occasionally - the target is in range, the spell doesn't fizzle, they don't have any form of divine aura, and the spell does cast and complete. But no actual healing is done and no message to indicate a heal amount.

I'm guessing it can happen if you have a hp display glitch (e.g. been hit with Virtue and Symbol) - can you get something similar with rune maybe ?

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006
So they push a patch and the game is down for 12 hours with no eta on getting it back up?

Yep, it's everquest alright!

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Is anyone making banded armor on Agnarr?

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

Acres of Quakers posted:

So they push a patch and the game is down for 12 hours with no eta on getting it back up?

Yep, it's everquest alright!

Agnarr is there to deliver us the original 1999 EQ experience, that is inclusive prolongued downtimes with no ETA!

As for banded armor : just ask in auction chat or so, shouldn't cost more than 75 or 80 plat.

Eccles
Feb 6, 2010

Baconroll posted:

I see this from time to time. I thought it was happening because they got hit for the same amount I just healed, so no net hp gain. Never looked at the heal spam messages to see if it logged the heal.

Hasn't caused any deaths. Yet.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Baconroll posted:

Way back when I played live this happened (the exact issue I dealt with may have been fixed) and I think a private server I played on had this issue as well.

Limited amount of testing I did at the time seemed to be that they stepped just barely out of range as the heal hit, so it casted successfully but in the milliseconds between the cast finishing and the heal actually landing they had moved out of range causing it to fail silently.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
How long do instanced raids usually take?

I can only regularly commit to times starting around 9-10 pm est after kids are in bed. Any goons in a guild that operates at that time?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Depends on the raid. Most ldons are under an hour. Time is about 4 for us. In Luclin VT was 5-6 because we did it without shenanigans, but Seru was under an hour. In Velious leaders were an hour or less, ntov was two nights.

They're all over the map. Big raids like VT, Ntov, time will also vary depending on the guild. We're casual scum so we're on the slow side.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

What's the realistic likelyhood of getting busted using kissassist afk?

What's the realistic punishment?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
i wouldn't try it on the newest progression servers

otherwise like none lol

darkhand fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jun 24, 2017

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
If you're on a camp spot someone wants you will probably get trained and killed. That's about it on live.

It's such a skeleton crew running the game that you need a GM watching them, video, a notary to sign off on said video and three copies of said video in order for anything to happen. You could probably get an out of the way camp in an older zone (or hell, some weird spot in New Kunark) and afk grind unmolested for days.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Is there any way to know exactly how many people are logged onto Agnarr at any given time? I want to compare those numbers to p1999 and p2002.

I know there's usually around 200-250 magicians on whenever I am. Multiply that by the number of classes and we can guess maybe around 3000?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

joshtothemaxx posted:

Is there any way to know exactly how many people are logged onto Agnarr at any given time? I want to compare those numbers to p1999 and p2002.

I know there's usually around 200-250 magicians on whenever I am. Multiply that by the number of classes and we can guess maybe around 3000?

You're forgetting the Magician 5:1 coefficient.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Medullah posted:

You're forgetting the Magician 5:1 coefficient.

True. But it doesn't seem as bad on Agnarr as it was on Ragefire.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
When running around the world i do see some boxed teams of mages going rampant.
But in the actual real grouping community I don't notice there being 'too much' mages.

Yes almost every group has at least one, but that is far from a problem. On the contrary.
The grouping community is really awesome. Getting groups everywhere at any time of the day.

So i'm one week in now and almost got my Wizzie to lvl 43.
And doesn't bother me at all that i'm still wearing the same rags as I was 30 levels ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Evernoob posted:

When running around the world i do see some boxed teams of mages going rampant.
But in the actual real grouping community I don't notice there being 'too much' mages.

Yes almost every group has at least one, but that is far from a problem. On the contrary.
The grouping community is really awesome. Getting groups everywhere at any time of the day.

So i'm one week in now and almost got my Wizzie to lvl 43.
And doesn't bother me at all that i'm still wearing the same rags as I was 30 levels ago.

Same feels. I got a Gossamer Robe last week to replace my Cloth Shirt and fist pumped. Then I checked myself for being such a nerd.