Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

empathe posted:

Don't get the Insignia case it's terrible. They have these two straps to hold the Switch down and you can't actually get the system in and out of them easily without almost tearing the straps off.

official case best case?

thexerox123 posted:

Are you just wiping constantly the whole time you're in the bathroom?

sometimes it's like a marker and you just keep wiping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

This is still the best Switch case :colbert:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
ya i have two of them

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Has anyone ordered a bundle from GameStop recently? It says they ship by June 30 but idk if that means it will ship on June 30 or if that's just a disclaimer and they're shipping them when you order.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Use your iPad.

No iPad/tablet and I don't want one now that I have a Switch. Also no budget for one. Spent my tablet money on a Switch.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Personally I didn't want a case that advertises "Contains $300 in highly in-demand electronics!"

Edit: I got this one.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jun 18, 2017

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
That was part of why I got this Anleo case. It's pretty sturdy and isn't that much bigger than the Switch. I've found it pretty good for taking just the Switch places, especially because I mostly do digital anyway.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 18, 2017

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008

Fun Times! posted:

Has anyone ordered a bundle from GameStop recently? It says they ship by June 30 but idk if that means it will ship on June 30 or if that's just a disclaimer and they're shipping them when you order.

I ordered the bundle and it shipped in parts. I got the digital code in like a week, but then they shipped two physical games like 4 days before the day it said they would ship (May 26th) and then I ended up getting my system on the day it said they would ship out (said they would ship by the 26th, mine shipped a few days before and arrived on the 26th.) So it really kinda depends. I think it's a disclaimer that at the very latest it will ship out on the 30th.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

That's the one I posted a couple pages ago, and yes, it is the best case. It would be perfect if the game management were different.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Imagined posted:

Personally I didn't want a case that advertises "Contains $300 in highly in-demand electronics!"

Edit: I got this one.

I mean literally everyone you see every day has an invisible sign on their pockets/purse saying "contains 400-600 in electronics!"

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

these cases still don't have a place to put the charger

i want to play my switch, not just carry it around so people know i have one

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Put the charger in your bag with the case. Are you seriously going to leave the house holding a footlong Switch Case and not put it in a laptop bag or something.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wear a phat pair of JNCOs.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

This is imo the best case if you need to carry stuff like chargers or an external battery.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

PneumonicBook posted:

This is imo the best case if you need to carry stuff like chargers or an external battery.

ok wow thanks this is exactly what i've been looking for since launch, everything else either holds just the switch or is a giant bag bigger than the entire shipping box the switch came in

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I have a feeling Stardew Valley on the Switch will be the definitive version since the dev said it'll be the first version with 4-player co-op. I think that's why it is taking so long too.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Housh posted:

I have a feeling Stardew Valley on the Switch will be the definitive version since the dev said it'll be the first version with 4-player co-op. I think that's why it is taking so long too.

The PC version has modding so it's always going to be the version from a feature point of view.

I'm still going to play the switch version because I want my harvest moon games to be portable.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Housh posted:

LOL it's gonna be $60.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Housh posted:

It's a PC game. Controller support for it is rear end and will always be rear end.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

I mean literally everyone you see every day has an invisible sign on their pockets/purse saying "contains 400-600 in electronics!"

People still steal smartphones? Listen the only thing you've done if you steal my phone is force me to buy a new one, but you haven't actually gained a new phone for yourself unless you also killed me and my wife (to keep us from bricking the phone as soon as we get home) and cut off my finger.

Bill Barber posted:

It's a PC game. Controller support for it is rear end and will always be rear end.

It's a PC game based on a console game. Even on PC the controller support is fine. It's about as "rear end" as playing Minecraft or Terraria with a controller.

Somehow people managed to play Harvest Moon fine with controllers for about 25 years before Stardew Valley came along.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jun 18, 2017

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bill Barber posted:

Controller support for Commander Keen was just fine

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Imagined posted:

People still steal smartphones? Listen the only thing you've done if you steal my phone is force me to buy a new one, but you haven't actually gained a new phone for yourself unless you also killed me and my wife (to keep us from bricking the phone as soon as we get home) and cut off my finger.

You can factory reset a phone immediately by booting it up with a certain button combination held, usually power + volume down. Passwords and fingerprints and stuff don't matter.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

Yeah I got this one instead.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

You can factory reset a phone immediately by booting it up with a certain button combination held, usually power + volume down. Passwords and fingerprints and stuff don't matter.

Stolen iPhones locked by iCloud can't be used. I'm sure thieves still make money breaking them down and selling them for parts though.

I really hope Stardew has a better controller set up on Switch. I couldn't stand it on PC due to the poo poo set up and playing that kind of game with mouse/keyboard feels wrong.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Imagined posted:

I don't know anything about the electronics market I just want to reassure you that having Mario or a Sheikah Eye on your case doesn't mark you as a valuable target for would-be thieves.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No matter what case you have, it's generally going to be in your backpack, purse, or messenger bag unless you are playing it and thus have it in your hands, so it doesn't really matter what it looks like on the outside.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Agreed. It just needs to have a hard enough shell with padding to not get crushed in your bag.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
It comes with wrist straps for a reason guys. Can't steal it if I'm attached to it.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I'm pretty sure that muggers just take all of your poo poo no matter what your bags say on them. I've had a thief get into my car just to take a tin of loose leaf Earl Grey tea and a CD-R of Reign in Blood, so I doubt it matters whether your case says "Nintendo Switch" or "BUTT MEDICINE".

A FUCKIN CANARY!! fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 18, 2017

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

Stolen iPhones locked by iCloud can't be used. I'm sure thieves still make money breaking them down and selling them for parts though.

I really hope Stardew has a better controller set up on Switch. I couldn't stand it on PC due to the poo poo set up and playing that kind of game with mouse/keyboard feels wrong.

And I'm pretty sure that any Android device post-Lollipop can't be Factory Reset (or can't be used again after a Factory Reset) without the original Google credentials if the phone has a Google account signed into it. Some Samsung phones post-Lollipop apparently have a vulnerability, but I don't use those.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/RamseyKaid/status/876225412669382656

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

I'm running with the Hori hardcase in my messenger bag, and a Google Pixel charger in the pouch where I keep spare cables. The pixel charger is less bulky and has a detachable cable, which makes it the superior travel charger, IMO. The Hori play stand folds up nicely enough to hang out in the main area of the bag with a notebook and whatnot and ta-da, I'm playing ARMS at work because gently caress all happens on sundays.

Anyway, the point really is who gives a poo poo as long as it works for you.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Vegastar posted:

Anyway, the point really is who gives a poo poo as long as it works for you.

It's very upsetting when strangers on the internet have the wrong preferences.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Imagined posted:

Somehow people managed to play Harvest Moon fine with controllers for about 25 years before Stardew Valley came along.

have you used stardew valley's controller support? it's completely different from hm. in hm, tool targeting is based on position and facing; menus have a selection box. it's designed from the bottom up with the limitations of a controller in mind.

in sv, almost everything is handled with a mouse pointer and your gamepad is basically a mouse joystick. everything about it is designed around m+kb.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

have you used stardew valley's controller support? it's completely different from hm. in hm, tool targeting is based on position and facing; menus have a selection box. it's designed from the bottom up with the limitations of a controller in mind.

in sv, almost everything is handled with a mouse pointer and your gamepad is basically a mouse joystick. everything about it is designed around m+kb.

Yeah, I have. I thought it was fine. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Wife actually exclusively plays it with controller.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

So I finally beat hedlok in grand prix arms by using the incredible strategy of picking master mummy, two megaton and praying, but seriously Nintendo: why would you gate ranked mode behind a 6 armed explosion shooting boss that reads your inputs? gently caress out of here

Also what's the point of spring man when max brass does everything he does but can also bulk up?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am traveling with my Switch this week.

I am going to toss it in my laptop case with no screen protector

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am traveling with my Switch this week.

I am going to toss it in my laptop case with no screen protector

You monster

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zelder posted:

So I finally beat hedlok in grand prix arms by using the incredible strategy of picking master mummy, two megaton and praying, but seriously Nintendo: why would you gate ranked mode behind a 6 armed explosion shooting boss that reads your inputs? gently caress out of here

Beat it first try :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Beat it first try :shrug:

Eh, it seems pretty dependent on how mice the ai wants to be. Like the round I won he literally blew himself up and blocked nothing. Other rounds he'd respond to every punch with a perfect shot

• Locked thread