Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/liberalism_txt/status/876465172940034048

I like the fact that even :911: Republicans don't buy this any more.

oh man. a goldmine is this guy's feed. check it out (per retweets)

https://twitter.com/neeratanden/status/876445705614888960

https://twitter.com/neeratanden/status/876437751868121088

https://twitter.com/jkfecke/status/876190633261715456

FuzzySkinner has issued a correction as of 17:10 on Jun 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Heard the ending was dumb but it's otherwise a fun movie.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

super sweet best pal posted:

Heard the ending was dumb but it's otherwise a fun movie.

honestly, i read it. it just reads like a weird fetish fan fiction with lots of surface level "look how woke i am guys" poo poo in it with no depth or interesting ideas. i just like how whedon went from magical great hero of the online liberals, to evil villain because of one joke in avengers 2.

also whedon didnt have anything to do with the new movie. that one is good. whedon's was a script that got released/leaked.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Whedon has been on a downhill slide in recent years wrt quality.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

HIJK posted:

i liked avengers and avengers too. but he became a whiny prick on twitter.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

HIJK posted:

dude's never been a good writer

alien resurrection sucked rear end

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

dude's never been a good writer

alien resurrection sucked rear end

so did buffy

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

honestly, i read it. it just reads like a weird fetish fan fiction with lots of surface level "look how woke i am guys" poo poo in it with no depth or interesting ideas. i just like how whedon went from magical great hero of the online liberals, to evil villain because of one joke in avengers 2.

also whedon didnt have anything to do with the new movie. that one is good. whedon's was a script that got released/leaked.

Oh. Whedon. Never mind.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Oh. Whedon. Never mind.

yeah. new movie is great from what i hear though.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i liked avengers and avengers too. but he became a whiny prick on twitter.
didn't he quit for a while because woke twitter people were on his rear end about something they interpreted as problematic in avengers 2? i don't remember exactly what it was, but i took his side because the other one was so dumb. regardless, he should have stayed off

another high-profile person who shouldn't tweet anymore is patton oswalt, who made stupid tweet threads before that became the hot way to communicate on there

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

get that OUT of my face posted:

didn't he quit for a while because woke twitter people were on his rear end about something they interpreted as problematic in avengers 2? i don't remember exactly what it was, but i took his side because the other one was so dumb. regardless, he should have stayed off

another high-profile person who shouldn't tweet anymore is patton oswalt, who made stupid tweet threads before that became the hot way to communicate on there

iron man makes a prima noctis joke because he is a douche. thats it. movie was ok. marvel movies are ok for the most part, mostly anything by the russons or james gunn is the genuinly good stuff. black panther looks cool though. it looks different and colorful like guardians was.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 21:21 on Jun 18, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

There's a scene where Black Widow bonds with the Hulk, saying that she can't have kids and is also a monster

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

HIJK posted:

You mean his entire career

And he started in a gutter to begin with

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

There's a scene where Black Widow bonds with the Hulk, saying that she can't have kids and is also a monster

yeah, when i heard that in theaters, i knew that would lauch a shitstorm, to be fare she is talking about how she is a assassin who's agency literally neutered her so she couldn't feel attachment

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I like how the dude made dollhouse but its a throwaway line in avengers that makes everyone mad.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Byolante posted:

I like how the dude made dollhouse but its a throwaway line in avengers that makes everyone mad.

lol did he? that looked awful. to be fair none of them actually liked him, they "liked" him because he said and met the right people and once he hosed up he was gone.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I dont want to read it what are the choice moments from the whedon wonder woman script

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I thought Snyder wrote the WW script, and Whedon was brought in to tidy up the Justice League, not WW.

WW was fun. The best Marvel Movie that DC has done.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Clawtopsy posted:

Truly the tallest midget.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

You mean his entire career

And he started in a gutter to begin with

Never forget he wrote Alien Resurrection, and off loving shows in the unbareable dialouge. I don't believe a word he says about how good original script was so much better

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Clawtopsy posted:

I thought Snyder wrote the WW script, and Whedon was brought in to tidy up the Justice League, not WW.

Whedon wrote a script for Wonder Woman in 2006 and it recently leaked onto the internet and it's full of his brand of feminism that hasn't updated since 2000.

And I thought people got pissed at him because he tried to get on Jurassic World being 70s sexism which caused a lot ood people to chuck bricks at his own glass house and he "quit" Twitter. I'm not looking forward to what Whedon will do with DC, but well he should be way better at it than Snyder

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
so it sounds like Whedon is an old man trying to look """woke"""....

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

HIJK posted:

That's exactly what it is, of you ask me. I'm just glad the days of him being god among the nerds for giving them Buffy and Firefly are fading

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
I remember enjoying Buffy as it aired but I don't know if it holds up. Firefly and Serenity were also enjoyable but I don't think they deserved the exaltation.

whedon: pretty good script writer, but not living up to the hype.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Whedon's obsession with River's feet... :aatrek:

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

They're pretty good TV shows for what they were, but you know how some nerds treat it like they were the greatest things ever put on TV and idk I'm almost afraid to revisit them because nothing hyped that much can ever be as good on rewatching

Whedon's obsession with River's feet... :aatrek:

Whats with Cult artists and foot fetishes, Because Wonder Woman's bare feet get a lot of play in his screen play

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Whedon is good like Sorkin is good, in that they can put together some very watchable television, but if you've seen a few seasons of Buffy/The West Wing, you've seen all they have to offer.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

Whedon is good like Sorkin is good, in that they can put together some very watchable television, but if you've seen a few seasons of Buffy/The West Wing, you've seen all they have to offer.

The chapo episodes on newsroom and west wing put paid to the concept sorkin is a good writer.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Byolante posted:

The chapo episodes on newsroom and west wing put paid to the concept sorkin is a good writer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbcyQr4ipTk&

That segment is still one of my favs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTjMqda19wk

and holy poo poo. It is beyond sexist. This...would actually be legitimate grounds for using the term "mansplaining". I'm very critical of that term, but if there was ever a time the shoe fit....

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Uncle Wemus posted:

I dont want to read it what are the choice moments from the whedon wonder woman script

Here's one that popped up on twitter.

STEVE (to Wonder Woman):
You'll make your show, fight your fight, and people will love you for it, and then they'll need you for it, and it'll start to grate, to bore you, and one day you'll just go back home to paradise.
(every syllable hit)
Because every day you wake up knowing you can just go back to paradise.
(fiercely quiet)
You're not a hero, Diana. You're a loving tourist.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Tunicate posted:

STEVE (to Wonder Woman):
You'll make your show, fight your fight, and people will love you for it, and then they'll need you for it, and it'll start to grate, to bore you, and one day you'll just go back home to paradise.
(every syllable hit)
(fiercely quiet)

I don't want to believe that it's real but I don't know enough about joss whedon to dispute it

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Tunicate posted:

STEVE (to Wonder Woman):
(every syllable hit)
(fiercely quiet)

guess he was another fan of https://youtu.be/ainyK6fXku0

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

HIJK posted:

considering where he went to college, he probably has a ton of experience hearing the language of the wokes and parroting what he heard. wesleyan isn't quite oberlin levels of idpol nonsense, but it's close

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTjMqda19wk

and holy poo poo. It is beyond sexist. This...would actually be legitimate grounds for using the term "mansplaining". I'm very critical of that term, but if there was ever a time the shoe fit....
if only it stopped at mansplaining (i also don't like that term, "being a blowhard" is more applicable 99% of the time). i heard a lot of critics giving the newsroom flack for its portrayal of women, but i thought they were just riding the cultural winds for clicks. but after listening to that episode, i don't think the critics were brutal enough. will mcavoy/jeff newsroom is a textbook abusive spouse

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/877044062200541184

I don't get why bourgeoisie WASPs say "WHITE PEOPLE' and what they mean by it. Does he think black people will think of him as "ONE OF THE GOOD ONES" for some reason?

To me someone like Bob Chipman is far more white than even an rear end in a top hat like Ted Nugent.

considering where he went to college, he probably has a ton of experience hearing the language of the wokes and parroting what he heard. wesleyan isn't quite oberlin levels of idpol nonsense, but it's close

if only it stopped at mansplaining (i also don't like that term, "being a blowhard" is more applicable 99% of the time). i heard a lot of critics giving the newsroom flack for its portrayal of women, but i thought they were just riding the cultural winds for clicks. but after listening to that episode, i don't think the critics were brutal enough. will mcavoy/jeff newsroom is a textbook abusive spouse

The frustrating thing is the rant is not factually wrong, but goddamn what a lovely way to treat someone.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
There's a whole species of woke that confuses signifier with signified. In Bob Chipman's infant brain, there is a categorical difference between general statements about "white people" and general statements about, say, "black people" or "women" or whatever other victim group he's decided to ally with.

If you assume he's self-aware and that his thinking is internally consistent, then his problem with racist thinking isn't that it enables discrimination against an arbitrarily defined category of people who are racialized without their consent; rather, that the wrong arbitrarily defined category of racialized people is being discriminated against. But more than likely he's an idiot who collects progressive ideas like Boy Scout badges and has no idea why he believes any of it.

He's like an angry high school atheist who thinks that abolishing religion would solve the problem of magical thinking, irrationality, and pattern recognition.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

the trump tutelage posted:

There's a whole species of woke that confuses signifier with signified. In Bob Chipman's infant brain, there is a categorical difference between general statements about "white people" and general statements about, say, "black people" or "women" or whatever other victim group he's decided to ally with.

If you assume he's self-aware and that his thinking is internally consistent, then his problem with racist thinking isn't that it enables discrimination against an arbitrarily defined category of people who are racialized without their consent; rather, that the wrong arbitrarily defined category of racialized people is being discriminated against. But more than likely he's an idiot who collects progressive ideas like Boy Scout badges and has no idea why he believes any of it.

He's like an angry high school atheist who thinks that abolishing religion would solve the problem of magical thinking, irrationality, and pattern recognition.

I knew this line of thinking sounded familiar. I remember despising that line of logic when it first reared it's head around the Bush Administration.

It's a really bizarre mindset. Someone like Arthur Chu for example bitches about how he "hates white people. hate america", yet has chosen to live in one of the most white, upper class suburb of Cleveland. Meanwhile I have "white" (skin color, some of them are not "white" per genetics) friends who live in parts of Cleveland, Cincinnati that are actually far more diverse, lower middle class.

To be honest the most accurate thing I've ever read about "white people" was the quote I posted from MLK Jr. that he gave about the working poor in this country. He described how they had been sold the concept of "Jim Crow" at a cost to their own economic well being. But I imagine that seems far more nuanced and coming from a place of maturity than a lot of wokes would understand.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/877044062200541184

I don't get why bourgeoisie WASPs say "WHITE PEOPLE' and what they mean by it. Does he think black people will think of him as "ONE OF THE GOOD ONES" for some reason?

To me someone like Bob Chipman is far more white than even an rear end in a top hat like Ted Nugent.

The frustrating thing is the rant is not factually wrong, but goddamn what a lovely way to treat someone.

bob is dumb authoritarian technocratic liberal. he legit believes himself to be one of the elite and a intellectual. and he thinks FPS have created the alt right. I am perplexed by Bob's love of Atlas Shrugged where he believes that exceptional individuals (aka Coastal Elites) are being held back by others ( Conservatives and Middle America) and thinks they should take the reigns of power and seems to really love Objectivism, yet he hates the freedom and government distrust ideals of libertarians. He also seems to wholehearted believe in Moral Relativism (that there is no objective right or wrong in society, except against Conservatives) which nakedly shows with his now infamous, "No Bad Tactics, Only bad targets" quote. Bob's viewpoints of the world should contradict themselves except he seems to use moral concepts of Post-Modernism to quilt together a worldview that gives him any outlet to believe he and certain others are supreme while a large majority/minority is holding their perfect world back and something drastic must be done. Honestly, if Bob wasn't a sad, fatass, mediocre internet critic I would be genuinely afraid of him given even the slightest amount of power

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/874179712389496832

not a giant fan of cheong but jesus. john is such a out of touch assclown.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

bob chipman is completely insincere about his beliefs and is just riding the idpol wave. he doesn't strongly believe in anything
how broken does your brain have to be to see every bit of entertainment as needing to make a point about society and flying off the handle at something that doesn't conform to your belief?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

bob chipman is completely insincere about his beliefs and is just riding the idpol wave. he doesn't strongly believe in anything

how broken does your brain have to be to see every bit of entertainment as needing to make a point about society and flying off the handle at something that doesn't conform to your belief?

Who knows. I can understand some of his points but everything has to teach his wordview or its problematic wrong think. I don't think any of the other critics good and bad like him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dapper_Swindler posted:

bob is dumb authoritarian technocratic liberal. he legit believes himself to be one of the elite and a intellectual. and he thinks FPS have created the alt right. I am perplexed by Bob's love of Atlas Shrugged where he believes that exceptional individuals (aka Coastal Elites) are being held back by others ( Conservatives and Middle America) and thinks they should take the reigns of power and seems to really love Objectivism, yet he hates the freedom and government distrust ideals of libertarians. He also seems to wholehearted believe in Moral Relativism (that there is no objective right or wrong in society, except against Conservatives) which nakedly shows with his now infamous, "No Bad Tactics, Only bad targets" quote. Bob's viewpoints of the world should contradict themselves except he seems to use moral concepts of Post-Modernism to quilt together a worldview that gives him any outlet to believe he and certain others are supreme while a large majority/minority is holding their perfect world back and something drastic must be done. Honestly, if Bob wasn't a sad, fatass, mediocre internet critic I would be genuinely afraid of him given even the slightest amount of power

Bob Chipman calls himself Moviebob, but he really should call himself Movieblob

• Locked thread