Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

rabidsquid posted:

i sort of want to trim some of my units, keeping nine ignus is probably way overkill right? i know some units really shine with four L&A but the odds that i need to get eight total probably are not great

i finally smooshed my ludmillas down to seven since i doubt i will ever need more than five dualcast but also having a few extra will make it go a little faster. probably dont need two wol? definitely dont need eight?

I have 5 Zidanes that are about to go into a single one. I have 3 dual-wield already and his TM is less necessary now that I have 3 Abels waiting to poop out a dagger, 5 Camilles waiting to poop out a sword, and another Gilgamesh to throw on the TM team as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

i sort of want to trim some of my units, keeping nine ignus is probably way overkill right? i know some units really shine with four L&A but the odds that i need to get eight total probably are not great

i finally smooshed my ludmillas down to seven since i doubt i will ever need more than five dualcast but also having a few extra will make it go a little faster. probably dont need two wol? definitely dont need eight?

I have never drawn a Ludmille. Plenty of Zidanes now though.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

rabidsquid posted:

Sounds like it's time for you to do some TMRing with 5x of the same unit to smush down. You could get your 4 L&A in half the time by smooshing in pairs. And you'll probably never need more than 2 DCs.

WoL just smashes down to 1, his TMR is bad.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

KDdidit posted:

I'm happy with my unit management. With TM power creep, I'm smooshing a lot of old ones. Also weeding out copy units of TMs that I want, but not enough to ever run multiples of to speed it up.

I seriously have been smashing some of the older ones too. The power creep is nice especially with some of the free TMs we got from the FF14 events

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
Decided to drop 10 tickets chasing another banner unit (I pulled Tilith last time, but that's all I have aside from Maxwell).

First ticket went blue -> gold -> rainbow: Trance Terra. Not too bad, though I recently realized the only on-banner 5* I've ever pulled was White Knight Noel way back on the Christmas banner, so it's (not) nice to see that streak continue.

Anyway, I should've stopped there (and would've had it been on-banner, grumble grumble) since the rest was junk, with the only gold crystal popping out Nine.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

The way I see it, it takes weeks or months to grind out 5 units TMs. In that time, half the ones you didn't do are becoming more and more obsolete (Shanotto had a great one 6 months ago, and I have 20 of her, but what's 30% mag now that I have a ton of 30% mag plus extras?) So if it's not one of your active grinds, or on your next up list, then I'd consider smushing them because we both know you're never grinding them all out.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
So a while back someone was asking about enhancements and which crysts were the worst/most useless. Guard came up as a cryst that isn't particularly useful so I checked the reddit list to see who you could even spend guard crysts on. So here are the unit that can use guard crysts and some analysis. I'm not saying that you should be trying to get guard crysts but rather just looking at where we can spend the ones we get.

Where to spend guard crysts
(Unit Name - Skill Name - total cost for +2 - enhancement benefit)

Charlotte - Royal Armlet- 25/20/8/1/0 - Cover skill, increases MAG damage reduction for covering to 100%

Cecil - Saintly Wall - 38/25/20/6/3 - Cover skill, adds 30% light resist and 5% MP refresh

Marie - Lovely Guard - 38/25/20/6/3 - Status Immunity now covers all status, 40% DEF/SPR buff(think Protectga+Shellga)

Randi - Mana's Bond - 38/20/13/3/1 - Increases Resist to 100%, allows him to Cast (ST ~60 HP Heal w/ 1.2x Mod per Turn), and 5% MP Refresh

Sakura - Defensive Barrier - 25/20/8/1/0 - Adds Protectga+Shellga on to the 20% Damage Reduction and the effect lasts for 5 turns.

Warrior of Light - Brave Presence = 38/20/13/3/1 - Increases the 100% provoke to last 3 turns.

Warrior of Light - The Light is With Us - 38/25/20/6/3 - Increases the chance to cover to 75% and increases the MAG damage reduction to 70%

----

If you have Randi then getting his skill is probably a good use for the MP refresh alone.

I have a Marie and I'm not really sure if hers is worthwhile or not. Protectga and Shellga in a single skill are neat, but a lot of the time when I'm dualcasting her, I'll be throwing in a Cura and rotating my timers. Since this is a skill you can't dual cast it and increasing the immunities covered is worthless because you should have Ribbons/Goddess Protection/Discernment/Etc. before going into the fight.

Charlotte's seems much better than Cecil because a) it's a lot cheaper, and b) covering Magic attacks and taking no damage has got to be awesome during some trial. However that's pretty niche. Cecil's MP regen would be nice but I don't typically have mana issue with him anyway.

Sakura's seems like a no brainer. It's on the cheap end of enhancements, and putting her best skill on a 5 turn timer instead of 3 is great; fusing proctectga and shellga into it is fantastic.

WoL is a mixed bag. The first skill, the one I bolded; Brave Presence is just obviously great. It's not super expensive and even not spending the T5 and only spending 1 T4 increases the timer to 2 turns which is still very worth doing. WoL's best ability is being able to 100% provoke, this means that you can toss some turns inbetween guarding so he'll take even less damage, or gives you a turn to alternate breaking without losing 100% provoke. His second skill is super expensive, and while it increases the cover rate to 75%, you can't control who he covers which is why I'm never sold on cover skills. One good thing is that with the MAG reduction this is for those times when he needs to jump in the way of an AOE, and it's going to be really effective. The cost though, 3 T5 guard crysts is just too high.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

please do not troll these people into accumulating guard crysts for this alleged wol 6*

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Have Faith, I do

Not for WoL I mean, but uh have faith

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

YTMND is over and I don't know what really replaces it,

so just imagine this
played over this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Out of Curiosity, When Fina got her combined form, Exvius went to #1 for Japan in downloads or money spent (I forget which),

Anyone know was its rank for prior weeks or where it hovered at?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

jetz0r posted:

Sounds like it's time for you to do some TMRing with 5x of the same unit to smush down. You could get your 4 L&A in half the time by smooshing in pairs. And you'll probably never need more than 2 DCs.

WoL just smashes down to 1, his TMR is bad.

that's probably a good idea, i am currently doing that with black cowls. i don't actually know how many of these i will realistically need especially since that easter event hat isnt THAT bad.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Shoenin posted:

Out of Curiosity, When Fina got her combined form, Exvius went to #1 for Japan in downloads or money spent (I forget which),

It was money, and it was in like the 100-200 range I think.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
realized i hadn't done elt echidna and completed it with wilhelm tanking

was p easy to fill lbs and esper with him countering every turn with black belt and twin lance

just gotta finish up grinding some hill diggers and his shield for super tanky goodness

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Shoenin posted:

It went from 120 to 1 in top grossing.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I'll never need more than 3 black cowls, right? I can safely squish my three remaining Hayatos together, right?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Skyridge posted:

I'll never need more than 3 black cowls, right? I can safely squish my three remaining Hayatos together, right?

Unlikely, I only have two and never really felt the lack.

In other news, Trance Terra actually is pretty hilarious. I have 883 MAG on her, and Ring of the Lucii (so 55% dodge). She hits for unchained 400k Alterna on Holy Flame Vargas. After her enhancements, she will have a lot more survivability, getting upwards of 6000 HP due to being able to replace L&As for Prajna's (because hitting 300% MAG easily), and her own +20% HP.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I've rolled two rainbow crystals on this banner now. One was Eliza, the second was a second Orlandeu. What the gently caress.

So, uh, how should I gear him up? Without Large Sword Mastery and any way to get a second genji blade should I just go for Dual Wield, Blade Mastery and stack what 30%'s I can?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Skyridge posted:

Black cowel is BIS for most healers too, make a fourth.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

WoL is a mixed bag. The first skill, the one I bolded; Brave Presence is just obviously great. It's not super expensive and even not spending the T5 and only spending 1 T4 increases the timer to 2 turns which is still very worth doing. WoL's best ability is being able to 100% provoke, this means that you can toss some turns inbetween guarding so he'll take even less damage, or gives you a turn to alternate breaking without losing 100% provoke. His second skill is super expensive, and while it increases the cover rate to 75%, you can't control who he covers which is why I'm never sold on cover skills. One good thing is that with the MAG reduction this is for those times when he needs to jump in the way of an AOE, and it's going to be really effective. The cost though, 3 T5 guard crysts is just too high.

The light is with us in conjunction with his passives are what makes WoL so incredibly meta defining even as newer tanks get released.

When WoL 6* came out in Japan he was the first tank with 100% provoke. He was the first character with AOE breaks. And more importantly he was the first character with AOE blocks. TLiWU activates his AOE guard, and it's essential for later content. For ten man's you NEED and AOE magic blocker and your choices are WoL and Mistair

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

My daily draw was a rainbow today, Wilhelm! That's cool and all, but with 6 * WoL coming soon does wilhelm offer enough to level him up too?

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

My daily draw was a rainbow today, Wilhelm! That's cool and all, but with 6 * WoL coming soon does wilhelm offer enough to level him up too?

"Soon"

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

There are trials that need two tanks, absolutely level him up. He's probably better than WOL for certain things anyways.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The light is with us in conjunction with his passives are what makes WoL so incredibly meta defining even as newer tanks get released.

When WoL 6* came out in Japan he was the first tank with 100% provoke. He was the first character with AOE breaks. And more importantly he was the first character with AOE blocks. TLiWU activates his AOE guard, and it's essential for later content. For ten man's you NEED and AOE magic blocker and your choices are WoL and Mistair

Just seems like if you're in need of an AOE magic blocker, Charlotte is a cheaper option who takes less damage from MAG attacks. Obviously who knows when we'll get her enhancements and her 6*, but given the cost of having to get 3 T5 crysts versus 1 T4; just felt like she was more viable in that role.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

they do different things

but in terms of pure tanking and defensive stats wilhelm is better

wol doesn't get super goood until enhancements and then it depends on if the fight is single target or aoe damage

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
I'm very interested to see how people on the Reddit and stuff like that react to WoL's 6* not being the end all tank right out of the gate. He only really becomes amazing after enhancements and even then it's only for physical based enemies.

I suppose it's going to be tough though, after being hyped to hell and back I doubt a lot of people would listen to anyone saying their saviour WoL is anything less than a 10/10 unit upon release that trivializes every bit of content.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

SereneCrimson posted:

I'm very interested to see how people on the Reddit and stuff like that react to WoL's 6* not being the end all tank right out of the gate. He only really becomes amazing after enhancements and even then it's only for physical based enemies.

I suppose it's going to be tough though, after being hyped to hell and back I doubt a lot of people would listen to anyone saying their saviour WoL is anything less than a 10/10 unit upon release that trivializes every bit of content.

I'm just going to be happy to have a unit that can 100% provoke, with high HP, that can use heavy shields and armor. Unit he gets enhancements, someone else will be on the team to cover breaking.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
I got Tilith! Not from all those summon tickets or 10+1 summons I spent, but from a daily pull naturally :shepface:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I got Rakshasa

I hate daily pulls.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Freed up 5 slots

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jun 18, 2017

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

You probably wouldn't need more than 2 dualcasts at this point. The vast majority of magic users now have it baked into their 6*. Really, Refia and Cecil are the two main reasons to want it.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

Just seems like if you're in need of an AOE magic blocker, Charlotte is a cheaper option who takes less damage from MAG attacks. Obviously who knows when we'll get her enhancements and her 6*, but given the cost of having to get 3 T5 crysts versus 1 T4; just felt like she was more viable in that role.

But WoL also takes less damage from MAG attacks (and is likely healing to full since he's being hit by magic attacks and triggering his self-heal)? Charlotte has all of 10 more SPR baseline than WoL at 6* with passives and pots included, and their AoE Cover abilities are identical. Then when enhancements happen, Charlotte gets no upgrades to her AoE Cover ability, while WoL's increases to a 75% chance & 70% MAG reduction.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

By the way, since the annviersary event is this week, do we want a new thread, or will we just get a re-write of the first two posts? The 2nd post hasn't been updated since gacha change.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

AegisP posted:

But WoL also takes less damage from MAG attacks (and is likely healing to full since he's being hit by magic attacks and triggering his self-heal)? Charlotte has all of 10 more SPR baseline than WoL at 6* with passives and pots included, and their AoE Cover abilities are identical. Then when enhancements happen, Charlotte gets no upgrades to her AoE Cover ability, while WoL's increases to a 75% chance & 70% MAG reduction.

According to the reddit wiki, Charlotte's cover ability increases to 100% MAG reduction with enhancements.

If we get the T5 crysts through story events, swell. I'll definitely drop them on him after doing Sakura, and his own Provoke ablity but I'm not grinding out 80k of King Mog currency to make him slightly better than Charlotte who seems like she'll do just fine in the role for significantly less work.

Tengames posted:

By the way, since the annviersary event is this week, do we want a new thread, or will we just get a re-write of the first two posts? The 2nd post hasn't been updated since gacha change.

I'm working on a new thread. Will post it when the anniversary stuff begins with a 1st post dedicated to new players that might want to join at that time. There's plenty in there that needs to be updated and I'm trying to make some more images that should show up better on phones.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 18, 2017

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

According to the reddit wiki, Charlotte's cover ability increases to 100% MAG reduction.

If we get the T5 crysts through story events, swell. I'll definitely drop them on him after doing Sakura, and his own Provoke ablity but I'm not grinding out 80k of King Mog currency to make him slightly better than Charlotte who seems like she'll do just fine in the role for significantly less work.

Royal Armlet is her single target Cover ability, not her AoE Cover ability.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

AegisP posted:

Royal Armlet is her single target Cover ability, not her AoE Cover ability.

Ahh, I thought it was a skill that made her cover, AOE for a turn; not it's own thing. I concede the point then.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
It doesn't help that both icons are the same, and since we don't have her 6* in Global, it lacks an English translation.

She does passively Cover better than WoL (his is only 30%), but WoL always sucked for passive Covering and well, Cecil is the king there.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

AegisP posted:

It doesn't help that both icons are the same, and since we don't have her 6* in Global, it lacks an English translation.

She does passively Cover better than WoL (his is only 30%), but WoL always sucked for passive Covering and well, Cecil is the king there.

I just checked and I already have 3 Guard Purecrysts and have certainly never grinded one out on King Mog, so there's a pretty good chance that we'll see another one from a story event between now and then as well. So unless you're out of cash somehow, you should be able to afford it given the lack of other things to spend them on.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

My game is crashing during a cutscene. Any way to get around this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

I just checked and I already have 3 Guard Purecrysts and have certainly never grinded one out on King Mog, so there's a pretty good chance that we'll see another one from a story event between now and then as well. So unless you're out of cash somehow, you should be able to afford it given the lack of other things to spend them on.

Yea, with how I'm not really planning on spending Guard or Tech on anything in the near future, all of WoL's enhancements seem affordable.

If we're getting 1 story event per month, that's 2 more Purecrysts each month on top of whatever else is in shops/events/freebies.

• Locked thread