Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Ehud posted:

I have to eat lunch and dinner with my in laws

is it acceptable for a 31 year old man to play Nintendo switch at the dinner table

I do not want to live in a world where it isn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

My cat Smokey is a jet black rear end in a top hat cat who demands to go outside and chill on the patio at least once a day. Sometimes he comes back with a dead squirrel or bird or something. Tonight he came back with what may as well be a clone of him, which is weird since he's fixed. This tiny fuckin black kitten showed up with him outside my front door and i didn't have the heart to shoo her so she's on my chair sleeping.

She's cute but I really can't deal with having three cats so I dunno what I'm gonna do with her.

You're going to welcome your new black cat home!

Name him Darkseid.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Happy Father's Day, TFF fathers.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ehud posted:

I have to eat lunch and dinner with my in laws

is it acceptable for a 31 year old man to play Nintendo switch at the dinner table

I mean, are they going to get a turn?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

seiferguy posted:

Happy Father's Day, TFF fathers.

Same to you and everyone else. Now to head to the beach and relax before the kids inevitably start fighting.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Happy Father's Day Terry Fashizzle

dapper as gently caress in his day

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Today is the tenth fathers day without my dad. I spent it hanging out with my cat and now I'm going to the gym because my wife understands I'm not gonna do it with her dad.

Miss you pops.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Ducks are gonna lose Manson or Vatanen to Vegas and I'm real salty about it

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

FizFashizzle posted:

Happy Father's Day Terry Fashizzle

dapper as gently caress in his day

My dad looked like Burt Reynolds lol. Even had the 70s 'stache of the Gods.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Coming up on hour 40 of having no power after a bad storm Friday night, then last night during round 2, a huge tree limb fell in my backyard.

This has been a lovely weekend.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

Today is the tenth fathers day without my dad. I spent it hanging out with my cat and now I'm going to the gym because my wife understands I'm not gonna do it with her dad.

Miss you pops.

First for me. Hang out with your dad's while they're around everyone.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
My fifth. Helping my sister put up decoration for my nephews bday party.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Grittybeard posted:

First for me. Hang out with your dad's while they're around everyone.

Go back in time and tell our fathers to be worth hanging out with.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
I had an hour long talk on the phone with my dad today. Keep him talking about mechanical stuff and away from political poo poo and it was quite pleasant.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chichevache posted:

This, except mothers

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

a neat cape posted:

This, except mothers

I've finally come to terms with the fact that my mother drinks herself stupid to cope with my father's asberghers and possible closeted homosexuality.

Flikken posted:

I had an hour long talk on the phone with my dad today. Keep him talking about mechanical stuff and away from political poo poo and it was quite pleasant.

My father's hobby is reading childish political stuff that articulates left wing politics so childishly he would get banned in DnD.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chichevache posted:

I've finally come to terms with the fact that my mother drinks herself stupid to cope with my father's asberghers and possible closeted homosexuality.

My father's hobby is reading childish political stuff that articulates left wing politics so childishly he would get banned in DnD.

Is your dad pillowpants

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

FizFashizzle posted:

Is your dad pillowpants

I couldn't imagine my dad having a username that didn't include "Stanford" or "Cardinal" in it.

My dad is the kind of guy who spends so much time complaining about player celebrations it becomes a chore to watch football with him. Anyone care to take a swing at what his complaints are?

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Chichevache posted:

I couldn't imagine my dad having a username that didn't include "Stanford" or "Cardinal" in it.

My dad is the kind of guy who spends so much time complaining about player celebrations it becomes a chore to watch football with him. Anyone care to take a swing at what his complaints are?

is this your dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls8376jnLtI

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chichevache posted:

Anyone care to take a swing at what his complaints are?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I smoked chicken legs for my fathers day. I got to be outside and it was quiet.

Also prepped 8 dinners and lunches for the week while drinking scotch.

Good day.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My wife just told me we are getting her parents' really nice pool table as a house warming gift.

Guess I gotta figure out where the hell I'm putting a pool table now.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

I've spent all week with my family going through my dad's things, affairs, and financial stuff. I also didn't have power from Friday night until 2pm this afternoon.

I think tonight I'm just getting subway and watching the Boondock Saints director overnight documentary. Anyone else see that? I'm about halfway through and wow, he nuked every possible bridge that he could. Highly recommended.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Spoeank posted:

My wife just told me we are getting her parents' really nice pool table as a house warming gift.

Guess I gotta figure out where the hell I'm putting a pool table now.

oh dude don't do it

they're like hot tubs; sound great, dont work out at all

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

No. My dad complains about all the dumb idiots pointing their finger in the air at the mythical sky man who totally helped them score a point. :spergin:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Uhhhh hot tubs are a pain in the rear end and are expensive to maintain because of leaks and proper ph and all this stuff that isn't a problem with a pool table.

Are you talking about refelting the thing? Like what's the issue? I tended these same in-laws hot tub, which was a pain in the rear end, but they haven't had anything done with the pool table.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Chichevache posted:

No. My dad complains about all the dumb idiots pointing their finger in the air at the mythical sky man who totally helped them score a point. :spergin:

your dad is bill maher

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Spoeank posted:

Uhhhh hot tubs are a pain in the rear end and are expensive to maintain because of leaks and proper ph and all this stuff that isn't a problem with a pool table.

Are you talking about refelting the thing? Like what's the issue? I tended these same in-laws hot tub, which was a pain in the rear end, but they haven't had anything done with the pool table.

I'm assuming it falls under the "seems really cool, but is hardly ever used" category. There's a reason they're dumping the pool table on you.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The pool table is going to storage because they sold an open floor plan house (their second house) and rather than sell it because their primary house is smallish, they're gifting it to us.

Worst case scenario we sell it. I don't see the warning here

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chromatic posted:

your dad is bill maher

..... I never thought of that comparison before, but yeah, this is spot on. Imagine spending time with Bill Maher while he talks about how dumb your mom is.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

Should have seen this coming. I'll amend the statement to hang out with your dad while you can if there's any chance at all you'll miss him when he's gone.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Can't hinder the Jinder

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I am enjoying the Pete and Pete takeover on Nick SPLAT

I feel like I am 9 years old

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

ugh they replaced the licensed music with generic stuff

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Posting to say pool tables own and I get a ton of use out of it. Got a ping pong table overlay as well and it is so fun. 10/10 would buy again.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Hot Diggity! posted:

Can't hinder the Jinder

His back is deeply unpleasant to look at. God knows how much time he's shaved off of his life for this title run.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

The Ducks are gonna lose Manson or Vatanen to Vegas and I'm real salty about it

From what I'm reading you might end up keeping both but crippling your future?

I'm ok with that.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I used my pool table for a while when I had one, but then just sort of stopped and eventually it just sat there taking up room. But it's not like I was going to use that space for anything else, so it was still cool to have. Biggest issue is having a room large enough to fit it comfortably.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Hot Diggity! posted:

Can't hinder the Jinder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Went to Dead & Co last night at Fenway with my dad. So awesome. Had a blast. Also absolutely need to destroy a toilet.

• Locked thread