Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
every night i kiss my Dale Cooper life-size cardborad standup on the Lips and I make a prayer that he will be returned unto us by our great television friends Lynch and Frist and i feel the energy burning in me

he will return!! god wills it 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

DentArthurDent posted:

drat, watching that scene really drove home how much I am missing the real Dale Cooper in the 2017 series.

Yes, yes, I know...slow burn, Lynch is Lynch, 18-hour movie, "what did you want, a safe nostalgia trip like The Force Awakens", etc. There is no doubt that this new season is a fascinating thing to watch, unlike anything on TV. But I don't think that people are being monsters for hoping that this iconic and enjoyable character from the original series makes some sort of appearance this season. Not for cheap nostalgia, but because Lynch and Frost are so good at writing him.

I think it would be a shame if Cooper didn't come to his senses soon. Dougie is amusing/depressing, but I'm not exactly invested in him. He's so lucky that there barely are any stakes. If MIKE hadn't been all: "Don't die!" I probably wouldn't have bothered taking the murder-dwarf all that serious, either.

Then again, it would be pretty hilarious if the doppelganger somehow got taken down by Dougie.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

every night i kiss my Dale Cooper life-size cardborad standup on the Lips and I make a prayer that he will be returned unto us by our great television friends Lynch and Frist and i feel the energy burning in me

And More fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jun 18, 2017

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

I have a mug of this :unsmith:

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Magic Hate Ball posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT’S TWIN PEAKS AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, COOPER. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME COFFEE OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE BLACK LODGE. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 34 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

RandallODim posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT’S TWIN PEAKS AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, COOPER. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME COFFEE OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE BLACK LODGE. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 34 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

I read this in Gordon Cole's voice. I read everything in Gordon Cole's voice, but this too.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Imagine four pies on the edge of a cliff...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Magic Hate Ball posted:

every night i kiss my Dale Cooper life-size cardborad standup on the Lips

...is this.... is this supposed to be considered unusual behavior? :ohdear:

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Jerusalem posted:

...is this.... is this supposed to be considered unusual behavior? :ohdear:

sounds pretty standard for me

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

And More posted:

I think it would be a shame if Cooper didn't come to his senses soon. Dougie is amusing/depressing, but I'm not exactly invested in him. He's so lucky that there barely are any stakes. If MIKE hadn't been all: "Don't die!" I probably wouldn't have bothered taking the murder-dwarf all that serious, either.

Then again, it would be pretty hilarious if the doppelganger somehow got taken down by Dougie.

drat fine coffee.

drat fine hair.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The people who think Dougie Coop is hilarious are the ones who post HOLY poo poo in South Park threads in the last couple years as if they're still edgy.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

Josh Lyman posted:

The people who think Dougie Coop is hilarious are the ones who post HOLY poo poo in South Park threads in the last couple years as if they're still edgy.

This attitude, on the other hand, is perennially edgy.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Josh Lyman posted:

Appreciating good physical comedy performed by a great actor is the same as watching a dead show that doesn't know how to be funny anymore?

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Josh Lyman posted:

Ok, whatever you say, Chad.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Episode's up, btw.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

everybody shut the gently caress up im tryin to watch the new episode of twin peaks

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I like how these forest locations actually look like the Olympic Peninsula

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Data Graham posted:

I like how these forest locations actually look like the Olympic Peninsula
Didn't they film in Washington? Or at least somewhere close to there?

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

david kelly aged kinda hard compared to some of these other actors

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:2bong: I THINK I'M HIGH! I DON'T KNOW WHERE I AM! :2bong:

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
god I can really empathize with Jerry.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i like new truman but i still want old truman

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

haha, Skype being discussed in a David Lynch show

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

How does Andy have such a big gut when his face is so skinny?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
I don't think I've ever wanted anything more than frank truman's computer setup

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

rip doc

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Data Graham posted:

haha, Skype being discussed in a David Lynch show
There was a Surface earlier in the season too. Is this season sponsored by Microsoft or something? Haha

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

one of a number of actors who filmed poo poo then died

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

just a bunch of chris farleys

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

WTF is with that display that rises out of the desk

This show's take on technology is so drat nutty

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
man, 15 minutes in and a whole lotta things are coming together all of a sudden

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

There was a Surface earlier in the season too. Is this season sponsored by Microsoft or something? Haha

There have been a couple Macbooks, iPhones, and Dells as well.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

yea that wasnt ominous

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

OH poo poo IT'S PRISON HOBO AGAIN

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

David Lynch whistling in front of a picture of a nuclear explosion rules

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nice shot of that plane

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"What'd you say your name was again?"
"Tammy."
"gently caress YOU, TAMMY!"

Lanz
May 30, 2013
I forget, who's playing Murphey?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Laura Dern fuckin rules.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Lanz posted:

I forget, who's playing Murphey?
I think it's James Morrison because he looked a lot like Bill Buchanan from 24.

Data Graham posted:

Laura Dern fuckin rules.
Amen. This isn't the kind of performance I've seen from her before and I love her range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Dat Rolex product placement.

Andy would never own a Rolex MY IMMERSION