Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Kilroy posted:

Not all humans deserve death and it's weird that you're suggesting it.

Like, not even most humans deserve death wtf are you talking about?

No human deserve death yet all will experience it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
"If you cause the deaths of millions, you yourself deserve death."

"Listen friend have you considered that the human race itself deserves extinction? This is politics we're talking about here." *slowly strokes chin* "Hmm yes. This is a good post." *mashes post button*

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

quote:

“Of course people are receiving threats, but so is David,” Ferreira told BuzzFeed News, “There is no more fraught issue in America than abortion, but the fact that people are receiving threats doesn’t mean anyone will get hurt.”

quote:

Nine days after the footage went public, NAF filed a request for Daleiden to be held in contempt of federal court. In the document, the group alleges the most recent videos have caused “a similar spike in incidents of harassment and intimidation that presaged the murders at a NAF-member clinic in Colorado” in 2015, referring to the Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado Springs, in which Robert Dear shot and killed three people, while quoting the language from Daleiden’s earlier videos. (The new footage was recorded around the same time as those 2015 clips).

When asked about the Dear shooting and its ties to Daleiden’s original videos, Ferreira simply asked: “Who can control a madman?”

gently caress everything.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

He looks like a goof in that old pic. Wonder how long he had to practice "Look like a xmen mutant hating villain".

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Loel posted:

The American slave system wont maintain itself

America makes a lot more sense if you put it into the context that America is built in slavery and slave-holding.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tengames posted:

If you take joy in the suffering of others you think deserve it we have a group for you.

it is good and right to take joy in the suffering of horrid people who have made life worse for those less fortunate.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Paracaidas posted:

gently caress everything.

Uh, you left out the important part.

Buzzfeed posted:

Last month, David Daleiden and his criminal defense lawyers released additional footage of abortion providers and the names of 14 of his accusers

A hit list!
e: FYI that is breaking a judge's order of anonymity for the accusers, who had been listed publicly as John/Jane Doe.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jun 18, 2017

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

I got to the second paragraph and then had to stop when he started arging that women can't be in the military because they keep getting raped. It isn't even an argument about the stresses of combat. It's the military equivalent of a conference or a trade show .

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Kilroy posted:

Not all humans deserve death and it's weird that you're suggesting it.

Like, not even most humans deserve death wtf are you talking about?

perhaps where you and they diverge in determining how to allocate punishment is sort of the loving point

or maybe i'm reading into it, whatever

skylined! fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jun 18, 2017

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Groovelord Neato posted:

it is good and right to take joy in the suffering of horrid people who have made life worse for those less fortunate.

Your posting makes life worse for those unfortunate denizens of this place

Also, this is basically the same bullshit posturing you probably decry right-wing assholes for and call cowards.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"Sherriff"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Boon posted:

Also, this is basically the same bullshit posturing you probably decry right-wing assholes for and call cowards.

this doesn't make any sense.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
It makes sense.

Source: me.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

They spelled it correctly. :eng101:

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Groovelord Neato posted:

this doesn't make any sense.

E: nevermind. I just realized you're the same guy I argued with the other day, who had to be hand walked through your own idiocy because you desperately wanted to attack the GOP on anything, even if it wasn't accurate.

Boon fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 18, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

good things and bad things are equal i agree.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Groovelord Neato posted:

"Perhaps good is bad," I type on my phone and post as I am wisked away to the Cocentrumpian camp to be excused of the crime of being a democrat.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

KickerOfMice posted:

They spelled it correctly. :eng101:

According to whom?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

According to whom?

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/sheriff?s=t

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

evilweasel posted:

finally conservatives are starting to come around to the Evilweasel Plan, resettling Real Americans in Oklahoma where they can practice their traditional culture without interference and without holding the more recent arrivals back

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/16/opinion/only-mass-deportation-can-save-america.html?smprod=nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share&_r=0

This is the op-ed that made me decide to stop paying NYT every month, by the way.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

bret stephens is goddamn braindead.

quote:

Complacent, entitled and often shockingly ignorant on basic points of American law and history

this is literally him.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Uh your URL only has one R

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Groovelord Neato posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

Uh your URL only has one R

Re-read the tweet, dude.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

im going to lmao when ossof loses but the dems win the seat in SC.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

dont even fink about it posted:

This is the op-ed that made me decide to stop paying NYT every month, by the way.

Why? It's a good piece.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

KickerOfMice posted:

Re-read the tweet, dude.

Maybe you should?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hanales posted:

Why? It's a good piece.

it's not satire. or at least not purposefully.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Boon posted:

Your posting makes life worse for those unfortunate denizens of this place

Okay so your answer to the paradox of tolerance is "well I guess we have to tolerate them, after all".

I'm pretty sure the average precocious kindergartner could point out the problems with this reasoning. I suggest you find one and have them walk you through it.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

hanales posted:

Maybe you should?

Wtf, it is spelled correctly on my screen.

?? if this is a joke I do not get it.
Oh, they corrected it

:v:

Shut up!

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jun 18, 2017

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
"Because they'll poo poo all over everything if you do that. What are you, retarded?"

*returns to legos*

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Kilroy posted:

Okay so your answer to the paradox of tolerance is "well I guess we have to tolerate them, after all".

I'm pretty sure the average precocious kindergartner could point out the problems with this reasoning. I suggest you find one and have them walk you through it.

Cool, the person who started this whole dumb derail by proclaiming all GOPers in Congress and some Dems deserve death then started lecturing other people on their equally stupid proclamations continues grandstanding.

Also, I didn't particularly take a side on tolerance, but you're a super tough guy internet poster so I'm sure you'll mete out some super liberal justice, Kilroy

Boon fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 18, 2017

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
kilroy what and who are you arguing with here dude

seems you are putting forth the notions that everyone you deem your enemy should die, and that the opposite of tolerance is murder/obliteration of everyone you deem your enemy

along with some smug undercurrents of intellectual superiority because you stud(ied) philosophy?

am i close? help me out here i'm notsobright

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Reminder that Kilroy, much like nearly all of the wannabe "leftists" on this forum, is just rich, bored, and addicted to performative outage, and should not be taken seriously.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Breaking news
https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/876421677395189760

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Groovelord Neato posted:

Literally The Article posted:

Bottom line: So-called real Americans are screwing up America. Maybe they should leave, so that we can replace them with new and better ones: newcomers who are more appreciative of what the United States has to offer, more ambitious for themselves and their children, and more willing to sacrifice for the future. In other words, just the kind of people we used to be — when “we” had just come off the boat.

O.K., so I’m jesting about deporting “real Americans” en masse. (Who would take them in, anyway?) But then the threat of mass deportations has been no joke with this administration.

So how does America become great again by berating and evicting its most energetic, enterprising, law-abiding, job-creating, idea-generating, self-multiplying and God-fearing people?

Because I’m the child of immigrants and grew up abroad, I have always thought of the United States as a country that belongs first to its newcomers — the people who strain hardest to become a part of it because they realize that it’s precious; and who do the most to remake it so that our ideas, and our appeal, may stay fresh.

That used to be a cliché, but in the Age of Trump it needs to be explained all over again. We’re a country of immigrants — by and for them, too. Americans who don’t get it should get out.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Groovelord Neato posted:

there should be a support group for folks like GN who had their brains broken by the election

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Boon posted:

Cool, the person who started this whole dumb derail by proclaiming all GOPers in Congress and some Dems deserve death then started lecturing other people on their equally stupid proclamations continues grandstanding.
Weren't you in the Navy or something? So you've literally worked on the problem of killing people at scale, and probably applied theory to practice at some point.

Yet I'm an extremist loony for pointing out that a few hundred people who make it their mission to ruin and destroy lives for no reason at all, have probably forfeited whatever right they had to life at birth.

But those people the state pointed you at when you were in its thrall? I guess they had it coming :jerkbag:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

dont even fink about it posted:

Why would an OpEd make you decide to stop paying a newspaper anyway? It's meant to just be a personal opinion regardless of how lovely or how much you might agree with it.

If the contents of an OpEd that you don't agree with whatsoever, for instance, was just straight up Hitler writing about the merits of The Final Solution suddenly started creeping into the actual journalistic content, articles and materials then sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Groovelord Neato posted:

Decent people don't actually take joy in the suffering of others. They might celebrate an event that leads another's suffering because it brings an end to theirs or for those they care about, but to celebrate the pain of another human being in itself is monstrous regardless of context.

• Locked thread