Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Autism Sneaks posted:

there should be a support group for folks like GN who had their brains broken by the election

I think that might be this subforum and/or CSPAM. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's not satire. or at least not purposefully.

Yes it is. It even says as much.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

There Bias Two posted:

Decent people don't actually take joy in the suffering of others. They might celebrate an event that leads another's suffering because it brings an end to theirs or for those they care about, but to celebrate the pain of another human being in itself is monstrous regardless of context.

No, that's not true, the suffering of vile people is actually okay to revel in.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Save us Trump, from these forum dorks, with your Powerful Tweeting, I beseech thee

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

The hottest of hot takes.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Oxxidation posted:

Reminder that Kilroy, much like nearly all of the wannabe "leftists" on this forum, is just rich, bored, and addicted to performative outage, and should not be taken seriously.
The only time I ever notice you posting on this forum it's making this exact same post. Every time. Is there anything else you do around here?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
E: km, gently caress off Kilroy

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Boon posted:

E: km, gently caress off Kilroy

aww bring back the old post, I wanted to make a joke about Charles Manson

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

TildeATH posted:

no i've seen the error of my ways. good and bad things are the same.

Autism Sneaks posted:

there should be a support group for folks like GN who had their brains broken by the election

yeah i was wrong but have you read anything else the guy has shat out. i wasn't expecting a stopped clock.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jun 18, 2017

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

JawKnee posted:

aww bring back the old post, I wanted to make a joke about Charles Manson

Yeah realized it was just playing into his trolling

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Boon posted:

Well, if I accept your ridiculous premise, I'll at least be able to say that I acted on my beliefs. You on the other hand, what the gently caress have you done?
In fact joining the military means you forfeit the ability to act on your beliefs in any real sense. Your moral beliefs, anyway.

And to be clear, if you were in the Navy or the military or whatever, I'm not calling you out on your decision to make yourself an instrument of death and leave the judgement calls to someone else. It takes all kinds to make a world, of course. But it's odd to be chastised by someone who did that, for suggesting that this or that person deserves death. And by that I mean you're a hypocrite.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Groovelord Neato posted:

no i've seen the error of my ways. good and bad things are the same.

It's about context. If you pour a water on a tree, that's a good thing, but if you pour water on a restrained person, that's torture.

I, too, wish some new horrible Donald Trump Tweet could save us from these doldrums.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

wait haha boon thinks if you aren't gonna cry over a troglodyte being shot it means you want all of them shot? what the gently caress kind of reasoning is that.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Kilroy posted:

In fact joining the military means you forfeit the ability to act on your beliefs in any real sense. Your moral beliefs, anyway.

And to be clear, if you were in the Navy or the military or whatever, I'm not calling you out on your decision to make yourself an instrument of death and leave the judgement calls to someone else. It takes all kinds to make a world, of course. But it's odd to be chastised by someone who did that, for suggesting that this or that person deserves death. And by that I mean you're a hypocrite.

this is some hilariously dishonest bullshit

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kilroy posted:

What the gently caress are you even trying to say here? If you're not "calling them out" then why is your language towards them so derisive and condescending? Are you aware that your post bends so far over backwards to get its head up its own rear end as to be bordering on nonsense?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

TildeATH posted:

No, it isn't. Reveling in suffering is disgusting behavior no matter how righteous one believes their own position to be. I don't care if I even agree with the person doing it. Enjoying the pain of another is absolutely vile.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I think that might be this subforum and/or CSPAM. :v:

It's not working.

Some people are just assholes regardless of which side of the political spectrum they're on. They want to be an alt left or left Freep and no one's really going to talk sense into them any more than you're going to talk sense into those groups. They'll never see the similarities in their behavior or trouble with their ethics for the same reason those conservatives don't. They believe they're right and the other side is wrong so everything is justified in the name of "right".

The current climate just seems to have really made them feel comfortable voicing normally abhorrent statements like "my political opponents should be assassinated."

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Kilroy posted:

"If you cause the deaths of millions, you yourself deserve death."

"Listen friend have you considered that the human race itself deserves extinction? This is politics we're talking about here." *slowly strokes chin* "Hmm yes. This is a good post." *mashes post button*

Kilroy posted:

"If you cause the deaths of millions, you yourself deserve death."

"Listen friend have you considered that the human race itself deserves extinction? This is politics we're talking about here." *slowly strokes chin* "Hmm yes. This is a good post." *mashes post button*

Ask yourself if you've gotten everything you deserve.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

There Bias Two posted:

No, it isn't. Reveling in suffering is disgusting behavior no matter how righteous one believes their own position to be. I don't care if I even agree with the person doing it. Enjoying the pain of another is absolutely vile.

why.

STAC Goat posted:

Some people are just assholes regardless of which side of the political spectrum they're on. They want to be an alt left or left Freep and no one's really going to talk sense into them any more than you're going to talk sense into those groups. They'll never see the similarities in their behavior or trouble with their ethics for the same reason those conservatives don't. They believe they're right and the other side is wrong so everything is justified in the name of "right".

there's no such thing as the "alt left". you're also ignoring that one side of the political spectrum is correct and moral and one isn't. how are multiple people not getting this.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jun 18, 2017

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is it still against forum rules to post memes?

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

There Bias Two posted:

Oh, I see your problem.

Those aren't people, they're monsters. It's okay to enjoy the pain of a monster.

I for one can't wait for Donald Trump to suffer. It's going to be great.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This

This is what's going to do it

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

STAC Goat posted:

It's not working.

The current climate just seems to have really made them feel comfortable voicing normally abhorrent statements like "my political opponents should be assassinated."

What exactly does a politician have to do to finally deserve getting assassinated, exactly? Try to kill millions of people in their own home country to give tax breaks to rich? Round up minorities into concentration camps and force them to perform hard labor, also to give money to the rich? Intentionally start wars that will kill thousands upon thousands of their own countrymen so more money can be given to rich people? Attempt to create an authoritarian regime which oppresses everyone except the ultra wealthy by destroying the social safety net, creating a slavery system through the prisons, and gerrymandering every district in the country to silence dissent? Of course these are all crazy things which would never happen in the USA, I know.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

FizFashizzle posted:

This

This is what's going to do it

personally i like this one

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/876422422941097985

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This is loving incredible

Chris Wallace interview with Trumps lawyer

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vxAIaFyxzig

A trainwreck

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how come rasmussen is always off by so much?

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Ask yourself if you've gotten everything you deserve.
If everyone waited on taking any action, until what they got balanced perfectly with what they deserve, nothing would ever get done.

How about this: for the sake of argument, everyone deserves death as you say. However some people certainly deserve it more than others, so if by some good fortune those ones get it first sometimes, I think it's justified to say "ah, that's lucky".

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

STAC Goat posted:

The current climate just seems to have really made them feel comfortable [voicing normally abhorrent statements like "my political opponents should be assassinated."

Some, however, say these things in front of a much larger audience.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIt9iyiCHeI&t=10s

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

The Glumslinger posted:

Holy poo poo, 5 years

Legalize it

Medullah posted:

Merica, where you'll go to prison for 17 years for pot but 6 months for rape.

Crabtree posted:

How the gently caress was that calculated? "Uh, you have 12 pounds of weed. That means - carry the ten -- roughly 17 years prison."

Trabisnikof posted:

Republicans have been refusing to back drug sentencing reform until Democrats agree to decriminalize environmental and labor laws too.

Louisiana state law. Federal law pretty much never jails people for marijuana unless they're a large scale dealer or there are aggravating violent crimes involved. This has been true for years and years. The problem of nonviolent drug offenders being in prison is 100% a state law issue, primarily driven by elected prosecutor and judge positions.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Because it's intentionally manipulated to be the happy Republican numbers? I assume. Which is why it's funny when even their numbers look bad for Republicans because it means they could only tweak things so much.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Groovelord Neato posted:

Rasmussen has generally always skewed conservative, sometimes more than others.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

3 people were killed at a planned parenthood because carly firiona repeated lies from that video guy posted earlier (ps she doubled down on those lies even after the shooting when asked if she had any guilt about it). 9/10 the victims of political violence are innocent victims of right wingers (probably low balling that) and it's annoying as hell having conservatives talk about discourse now.

STAC Goat posted:

Because it's intentionally manipulated to be the happy Republican numbers. Which is why it's funny when even their numbers look bad for Republicans because it means they could only tweak things so much.

oh i know i just mean how do they do it.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 18, 2017

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
Is there any country where 50% is even a passing grade, let alone a good one?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

They include a likely voter screen that is poo poo and wrong because it skews conservative.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Discendo Vox posted:

Louisiana state law. Federal law pretty much never jails people for marijuana unless they're a large scale dealer or there are aggravating violent crimes involved. This has been true for years and years. The problem of nonviolent drug offenders being in prison is 100% a state law issue, primarily driven by elected prosecutor and judge positions.

You'd be surprised how much leeway they have about prosecuting these things. They can raid someone with like $10k in drugs/money - whether it's weed or anything else - and if they don't have a record, don't have any guns, and no violence of any kind was involved, they might literally just take their drugs and money, not even arrest them, and leave and never come back. That way they can either just warn them "hey you better stop that," get information out of them(usually both), or if they don't like the person or have any reason at all they can decide to just gently caress them over. I'm not sure how I feel about that, because I am quite sure it essentially results in minorities getting hosed over while white people get let off with essentially no punishment other than the theft of their drugs and money by a street gang wearing equipment that says they are from the government. On the other hand, I'd rather them be able to decide "this person isn't a problem in this community and more harm will be done by arresting them and destroying their lives than by simply taking their poo poo and rolling out."

Bonus part of if they just take their drugs and money but don't actually arrest them - where do those drugs and that money go? Well I'm sure they're honest people and would never take advantage of a situation like that :)

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

AmiYumi posted:

Grading on a curve is still a thing.

I remember ECE tests where a 30% was an A.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

TildeATH posted:

Those aren't people, they're monsters. It's okay to enjoy the pain of a monster.
Oof, I don't know about that. If you have to dehumanize someone first then you should probably stop what you're doing. If nothing else you're exercising muscles that you're really better off leaving alone.

Scalise is a human being. He feels pain, sadness, and anger, along with joy and love. In his case these thoughts and emotions are probably blunted somewhat by sociopathy, but they are still there in some form. He has a rich inner world that no one but him knows or can understand, and we'd all be better off if it were extinguished forever.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

AmiYumi posted:

America grades on a curve lately. It's a steep curve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Groovelord Neato posted:

3 people were killed at a planned parenthood because carly firiona repeated lies from that video guy earlier. 9/10 the victims of political violence are innocent victims of right wingers (probably low balling that) and it's annoying as hell having conservatives talk about discourse now.

oh i know i just mean how do they do it.

It's not like they're sampling is random. I assume it's pretty easy to skew your results by just picking and choosing who you're polling. You can also word the questions to push people in a certain direction. You can manipulate polls quite a bit if you wish which is why it's good to see the info on who was polled or what questions were asked.

• Locked thread