Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Volkerball posted:

News to me. He was putting up garbage stats last I knew.

Volkerball kept arguing even though he blacklisted facts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Doug Baldwin has been a huge supporter of Kaepernick's politics since the beginning

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/06/06/doug-baldwin-defends-seahawks-decision-to-sign-austin-davis-over-colin.html

Someone's starter is going to have to get injured for him to land a spot. Although it never will be a for a few teams- Jets and Carolina are a couple that come to mind

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

warcrimes posted:

Doug Baldwin has been a huge supporter of Kaepernick's politics since the beginning

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/06/06/doug-baldwin-defends-seahawks-decision-to-sign-austin-davis-over-colin.html

Someone's starter is going to have to get injured for him to land a spot. Although it never will be a for a few teams- Jets and Carolina are a couple that come to mind

The people that "don't know" why they hate Cam would stroke out of Kaep came to the Panthers. .

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

kerry rhodes got blacklisted for looking gay

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I just want to reiterate that a team with Martavis Bryant, Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell, as well as a having a QB who regularly misses games thinks it's better to employ Landry loving Jones than a guy who was 1 completion away from having a Super Bowl ring.
poo poo, the Bills signed something called a T.J. Yates. The Raiders signed E.J. Manuel, the Giants signed Geno Smith. The Jets have a geriatric, a confused rock star, and Christian Hackenburg.
I could go on, but the point is that none of these players is nearly as good as Kaep, but they have jobs.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

FizFashizzle posted:

Although I absolutely believe no one in Seattle wants anything resembling a starting qb behind Wilson seeing as how much the rest of the team hates him.

That original article was garbage. The team likes Wilson. Sherman rebutted that article multiple times. Bennett has mentioned how much he likes Wilson, here being the most recent:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzjMj1ozSIA&t=350s

e: Have another

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z45BIkxZrmk&t=255s

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 18, 2017

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

poo poo, the Bills signed something called a T.J. Yates. The Raiders signed E.J. Manuel, the Giants signed Geno Smith. The Jets have a geriatric, a confused rock star, and Christian Hackenburg.
I could go on, but the point is that none of these players is nearly as good as Kaep, but they have jobs.

Hayley's excuse for Jones is having continuity in the system, but he cannot do what Ben can do under any circumstance. Idc if Kaep lacks touch on any of his passes, it doesn't matter when you can just throw up jump balls to a guy with a 46" vert (like Landry does tbh), I'd be 100% fine with him running the option with Bell, AB and Bryant. They already incorporate end-arounds to Bryant and AB thanks to their speed anyway. Shovel pass to Bell and AB all day, who cares?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

poo poo, the Bills signed something called a T.J. Yates.

TJ Yates is cool and good.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Hayley's excuse for Jones is having continuity in the system, but he cannot do what Ben can do under any circumstance. Idc if Kaep lacks touch on any of his passes, it doesn't matter when you can just throw up jump balls to a guy with a 46" vert (like Landry does tbh), I'd be 100% fine with him running the option with Bell, AB and Bryant. They already incorporate end-arounds to Bryant and AB thanks to their speed anyway. Shovel pass to Bell and AB all day, who cares?

What I'm reading here is free Joe Webb

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

i saw darrius heyward bey score a td on a reverse end around and it made me want to die

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

a patagonian cavy posted:

i saw darrius heyward bey score a td on a reverse end around and it made me want to die

Regular season Miami game last year. 65 yards. gently caress I HATE LANDRY JONES AUGHHHHH

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

Free Joe Webb

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Metapod posted:

What I'm reading here is free Joe Webb

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Regular season Miami game last year. 65 yards. gently caress I HATE LANDRY JONES AUGHHHHH

God we never missed our safeties more than that play. Bacari Rambo woof

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Yes, for back up QB money.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

God we never missed our safeties more than that play. Bacari Rambo woof

Timmons will help with that too

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

warcrimes posted:

Yes, for back up QB money.

If Kaep was offered a contract and turned it down because it wasn't enough, do you really think that it wouldn't have been leaked to the media? Because it absolutely would have been just to stop people like us from having this conversation.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Raiders fans on SA insist Kaepernick is demanding eight figures a year and a starting role and has a 1:1000 TD:INT ratio despite none of this being publicly true.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/876586753574023168

i'm sure the wife wanted to go there for her singing career

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
God dammit

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
tennessee is going to be so fun to watch this year

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/876586753574023168

i'm sure the wife wanted to go there for her singing career

https://twitter.com/JessieJDecker/status/876587363908161537

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the Titans are going to the afc championship against the cincinnati bengals, and colleague, try doing a "stomp" On my balls

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Cavauro posted:

the Titans are going to the afc championship against the cincinnati bengals, and colleague, try doing a "stomp" On my balls

That involves Marvin Lewis winning a playoff game and, well

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Hell yeah. We got some WRs now!

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Metapod posted:

Matt schaub completely implodes and gets another contract, fitz keeps getting contracts, Matt Cassel keeps getting contracts, but kaep can't hmmm yeah totally nothing going on

Yeah ok but name 35 other examples

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The Bears still haven't signed Trubisky. :lol:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Timby posted:

The Bears still haven't signed Trubisky. :lol:

Is he not working out? I mean the Chiefs haven't signed Mahomes either but I'm not worried about it since he's doing all the offseason stuff.

I guess to be fair I'm not worried since there's about 0 chance he wins the starting job unless Alex Smith's leg falls off.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That involves Marvin Lewis winning a playoff game and, well

????

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Bears are doing great.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The Bengals will go to the playoffs, but mysterious circumstances will prevent Marvin Lewis from coaching, therefore getting that first playoff win.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm more surprised that Rey Maualuga hasn't found a spot yet.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The people that "don't know" why they hate Cam would stroke out of Kaep came to the Panthers. .

Well we have to figure out some way to counter the voter suppression...

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Sataere posted:

If Kaep was offered a contract and turned it down because it wasn't enough, do you really think that it wouldn't have been leaked to the media? Because it absolutely would have been just to stop people like us from having this conversation.

Did you even read what Baldwin said?

Spoeank posted:

Raiders fans on SA insist Kaepernick is demanding eight figures a year and a starting role and has a 1:1000 TD:INT ratio despite none of this being publicly true.

Niner fans keep on saying he's being blackballed although apparently he's not good enough for his really bad former team

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

warcrimes posted:

Did you even read what Baldwin said?

I hope we're not talking Doug Baldwin? The only relevant thing I can see that he said is he doesn't believe Kaep is blacklisted and does believe he's an NFL starter, which seems to be obviously false one way or the other given...say...the Jets. Or Bears. Or Texans.

Why in the world are you appealing to the authority of a middling receiver who doesn't seem particularly plugged in to what's going on anyway?

Behold the brilliance of Doug Baldwin and then look at who teams have historically signed to play quarterback when they didn't have one:

quote:

Right now you have a lot of young guys who are looking for opportunities. The organizations, they're going to be giving the younger quarterbacks and younger guys the first or second look.

e: If your point is solely about the Seahawks not signing him then whatever, but the Seahawks being the only team he's even met with is shady as hell.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jun 19, 2017

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

I hope we're not talking Doug Baldwin? The only relevant thing I can see that he said is he doesn't believe Kaep is blacklisted and does believe he's an NFL starter, which seems to be obviously false one way or the other given...say...the Jets. Or Bears. Or Texans.

Why in the world are you appealing to the authority of a middling receiver who doesn't seem particularly plugged in to what's going on anyway?

Behold the brilliance of Doug Baldwin and then look at who teams have historically signed to play quarterback when they didn't have one:

e: If your point is solely about the Seahawks not signing him then whatever, but the Seahawks being the only team he's even met with is shady as hell.

He's basically saying the reason is financial as younger/worse back up QBs take less money. Baldwin is pretty connected with Kaepernick and I'll repeat what I've stated before- I think a number of teams are blackballing him, just not all 32. Now I'm done.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

warcrimes posted:

Niner fans keep on saying he's being blackballed although apparently he's not good enough for his really bad former team

Wait, so him not getting a job from his bad former team is evidence of him NOT being blackballed? What

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

What did Kaep even do to the Raiders? :confused:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shangri-Law School posted:

Exist in San Fran?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

The 49ers became relevant again (however briefly) before the Raiders did, and that cannot be tolerated.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

This is like his inexplicable love of the Browns front office so I am very charitably chalking it up to his idiosyncrasy instead of homerism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Tim Tebow won a playoff game against the Pittsburgh Steelers, and was out of the league at a younger age.

• Locked thread