Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
One could hope that Freeza gets knocked off into another world so poor King Yemma doesn't have to deal with that son of a bitch anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

This is gonna be the one time Krillin uses kienzan and manages to slaughter at least 60% of the tournament with a single stray disc before he's erased, isn't it

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Deleting isn't the same as killing so he wouldn't get disqualified.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Kild posted:

Deleting isn't the same as killing so he wouldn't get disqualified.

No I mean he's gonna kill half the tournament and get erased on the spot while Freiza just GAWKS

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you're right

u7 would get deleted on the spot along with its team

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

goddamn this was a badass episode

welcome home Freeza, I've been here all along.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

CharlestonJew posted:

With the way the show keeps telling us Frieza has something planned and he's totally going to try to pull some poo poo at the tournament, I think our boy's going to get his poo poo erased. Frieza thinks he's this big chessmaster but it seems like everyone (except Goku, and probably Zeno by extension) sees right through him

It's very interesting how Freeza went from drat near making GBS threads his golden pants at the unexpected sight of Beerus during Resurrection F and going "oh god please tell me you're not going to gently caress with me here lord beerus" to getting very big for his britches here.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
To be fair he probably knew about Hakai and without any way to act against it, was pissing himself. Now, Friezi can apparently manipulate Hakai balls and other god Ki, so Beerus' big gently caress off trick is nullified. Even though he's still stronger than him, Frieza is nothing if not over confident when he thinks he has a better chance to win what he wants.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Watching the most recent dub episode, Bulma has a 'I don't want to talk about it...' reaction when Jaco, Trunks and Goten ask about Ginyu, does that mean him hijacking her body is canon?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

khwarezm posted:

Watching the most recent dub episode, Bulma has a 'I don't want to talk about it...' reaction when Jaco, Trunks and Goten ask about Ginyu, does that mean him hijacking her body is canon?

Super takes Kai as canon, and indeed, Ginyu possessing Bulma was not cut from Kai. It's canon, for the Super anime at least.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Blaze Dragon posted:

Super takes Kai as canon, and indeed, Ginyu possessing Bulma was not cut from Kai. It's canon, for the Super anime at least.

"I hate that frog."

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Frieza is so cool

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
"I want to talk to the god of your universe."

"Okay, I'll do what you wa-"

"Actually, hold on. Let me kill some more of you first."

Frieza :allears:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lmao at the spoiler for freiza betraying them actually being semi true

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Does someone have that shot of Baba going all :stonk: at Freeza?

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thanks. It really is a great image, in that it perfectly encapsulates everything Freeza is as a character without even having to show him.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

"I have made a terrible mistake"

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Freeza has been alive for roughly ten minutes and he's already "accidentally" attacked Goku twice, tried to directly murder Goku once, killed like 200 people, and tried to sell out Universe 7 the first moment he had the opportunity to do so.

This is Goku's best idea ever.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The only disappointing thing about the second resurrection of Frieza is that we didn't get a filler arc adaptation of Castlevania II: Simon's Quest starring Goku first.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Raxivace posted:

The only disappointing thing about the second resurrection of Frieza is that we didn't get a filler arc adaptation of Castlevania II: Simon's Quest starring Goku first.

Oh don't worry, that happens after the tournament

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
That was quite the episode.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
On the dumb side of Super Manga:

So yeah, it is confirmed that at one disclosed point in time Goku witnessed Beerus' Hakai and just copied it.

I am amazed the pages are not covered in splooshes what with Toyotaro fapping over Goku all over them

Also dumb is this:

Granted it was probably the translator's gently caress up, but nice explanation over there Toyo-sama.

On the good side of Super Manga:

Trunks made everything worse :allears:

Prediction:

This is the point where they call Zeno-sama. He will delete all the Zamasus, but not the timeline because Toyotaro can't do ambiguity. Trunks and Mai will stay in their current timeline even if it's completely hosed up because the Bittersweet ending had an unpopular reception and Toyotaro is all about fanficing fan's wishes. Rest is unchanged from the anime

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jun 19, 2017

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Man, I enjoyed the Black arc in the anime a lot, despite the ending obviously, but this is just donkey-bonkers even by Dragonball standards.

I wonder what'll happen in the Tournament of Power when the manga gets there!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Don't forget what else is gonna happen during the tournament of power:

Frost and Freeza gonna team up.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So could you absorb Energy of Destruction in you and use it as temporary power boost like a spirit bomb? From how dog boy used it I'm wondering if it doesn't just go away until it hakais something or there inst' a user/enough energy left to gather up into another ball. He just sort of called it out and it appeared. So I'm wondering if there is another way to cheat with it in the Tournament of power where you could give weaker fighters like a temporary boost, depending on how dangerous that could be, giving them GoD level energy that they probably couldn't control or get destroyed by.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Those manga scans are really impressively dumb, holy poo poo.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Goku really is in his midlife crisis, as he's trying his best to relive the glory of his 20s with his buddy who also hasn't grown much since they were young

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am guessing Toyotaro thought the move was cool so just let Goku use it rather then put any thought into it.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
So where are we on how the power of the Destruction Gods comes about? Is it that they were already really strong and given the job, learning the power, or was it gifted to them by the angels/zeno?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

we don't know anything about that stuff beyond that god of destruction, supreme kai, etc are titles you earn

it'd make sense that the destruction energy stuff was granted to you by zeno or something, but it could be just like god ki and anyone can get it if they try hard enough. we have nothing to work on about that

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The manga being terrible is a good constant

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Power level nerds love the manga which is all the proof you need that it's bad.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm rewatching Super via the dub, and I'm going to put forward a controversial opinion: Beerus is the real villain responsible for all the multiverses being in mortal danger. We can blame Goku's boredom directly leading to the multiverse tournament but it was Beerus' own boredom and desperation for a legitimate challenge that put Goku in that position in the first place. If it wasn't for Beerus seeking out the Super Saiyan God, Goku would never have met Zeno, Zamasu never would have ruined Trunks' future, and... okay Freeza probably would have blown the Earth up.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm rewatching Super via the dub, and I'm going to put forward a controversial opinion: Beerus is the real villain responsible for all the multiverses being in mortal danger. We can blame Goku's boredom directly leading to the multiverse tournament but it was Beerus' own boredom and desperation for a legitimate challenge that put Goku in that position in the first place. If it wasn't for Beerus seeking out the Super Saiyan God, Goku would never have met Zeno, Zamasu never would have ruined Trunks' future, and... okay Freeza probably would have blown the Earth up.

Bulma is the real villain. Without her selfish quest for the Dragonballs Goku would have lived his life in peace as an odd forest hermit, never to stir up lord Beerus in the first place.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Bushmaori posted:

So where are we on how the power of the Destruction Gods comes about? Is it that they were already really strong and given the job, learning the power, or was it gifted to them by the angels/zeno?

We don't know, but we do know some are stronger than others and that there are mortals in other universes who are stronger than their gods.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Rutibex posted:

Bulma is the real villain. Without her selfish quest for the Dragonballs Goku would have lived his life in peace as an odd forest hermit, never to stir up lord Beerus in the first place.

Freeza is the real villain, if he wasn't so keen on blowing up planet Vegeta Bardock and Gine never would have sent Goku to Earth.

...That's not that far off from reality, is it?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Freeza is the real villain, if he wasn't so keen on blowing up planet Vegeta Bardock and Gine never would have sent Goku to Earth.

...That's not that far off from reality, is it?

Basically Dragon Ball is an endless recursive loop of Freiza and Goku being responsible for one another, while Beerus quietly tries to act like he MEANT to run full speed into that hard glass door.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Rutibex posted:

No way dude. By finding Goku and recruiting him Bulma saved the world several times over and arguably saved he universe too. Someone else tracking the Dragon Balls would have eventually discovered Goku and tricked him out of his Dragon Ball, whether it be the Red Ribbon Army getting the jump on an untrained Goku or simply Pilaf and his gang finessing him out of it. Say Pilaf tricks him out of the Four Star Ball and gets his wish for world domination, then gets deposed by the Red Ribbon Army; he could end up finding and releasing Piccolo without Goku needing to be involved at all.

All that would be irrelevant anyway when Raditz showed up and cleaned what was left, either recruiting Goku or murdering him outright. Maybe Raditz doesn't find out about the Dragon Balls before killing Piccolo but supposing he does (or even if he finds out but gets his rear end killed by an immortal Piccolo), Vegeta and Nappa also find out, and possibly Freeza on top of them. Vegeta and Nappa already know about Namekians and could conceivably put together that they could go to Namek to make a wish. So either you have immortal Vegeta or immortal Freeza who go on to control the universe with an unchallenged iron fist.

If it wasn't for Goku getting involved specifically in Bulma's adventure, and not in Pilaf's, there'd be absolutely nobody to prevent all of that happening. Yes, Goku's existence later puts the Earth in jeopardy when Freeza returns for revenge, or when the Androids and Cell are created, but if he'd stayed in the woods the Earth would have been pretty hosed anyway. (And if he had never been sent to Earth, Freeza would have eventually sent someone there to clean it up.)

Beerus on the other hand could have let Goku stay a farmer. Freeza coming back would still have been a problem but between Buu and Gogeta they might have figured out a way to handle Golden Freeza. Worst case things just go back to the status quo, Freeza blows up the Earth and returns to his business as before. The multiverse would still be safe, Trunks' future would still be safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Now imagine a world without Mr. Satan.

No one would have thrown 16's head towards Gohan, resulting in Cell destroying the Earth.

Or even if someone did, then Earth's habitants would not have given Goku the energy necessary to kill Kid Buu.

And IF after all that they somehow managed to make it through, without Mr. Satan Videl would have never been born, which means no Pan, which means no 5th Saiyan to complete the ritual and Beerus just destroyed the Earth.

• Locked thread