Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

holy gently caress a quadsleeved deck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Thank Urza's

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
I got excited that we were going to see a battle of wits match here but he's just got 4 sleeves for some reason.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

mandatory lesbian posted:

i don't know what set sunder (i think that's sunder, god these are so hard to read) was in, but 5 mana return every land to hand sounds loving miserable

course i also think upheavel is a miserable card, just not a big fan of reset the game type cards tbh

tbh upheaval just wins the game on its next turn anyway

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!
So Bolas is evil-Urza, Amonkhet is evil-Serra's Realm, and these guys are evil-Metathran?

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Haha yes, taking turns takes down Ari.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Chill la Chill posted:

Are they bad? Friend just got one for millennium blades and it seems ok so far.

It is $100 for a cardboard box. Yeah its bad.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

uPen posted:

I got excited that we were going to see a battle of wits match here but he's just got 4 sleeves for some reason.

How do you even sleeve in 4 layers? Perfect Fit, Normal, Sleeve Protector, Top Loader?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

triple sulk posted:

holy gently caress a quadsleeved deck

Is it quad? Triple sleeved is pretty THICC. Quad might be hyperbole.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I can't think of a reason why anyone would want to triple sleeve. To protect the artwork on their sleeves?

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Star Man posted:

I can't think of a reason why anyone would want to triple sleeve. To protect the artwork on their sleeves?

To male your 60 cards deck high as a commander deck

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Star Man posted:

Oversleeves have cool designs and protect the anime sleeves

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Star Man posted:

gotta protect the time warp :ohdear:

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is the way that it all falls.
This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

Have you guys had any experience drafting on cockatrice? I'm looking to practice my draft game skills without burning through money losing on MTGO.

FNM is only once a week, turns out.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
I'm enjoying the flavor of all these old spells being cast by Bolas, because he's been around a hell of a long time.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

jassi007 posted:

It is $100 for a cardboard box. Yeah its bad.

It's not $100. the MSRP is something more like $60 and you can find them for $45 easily

but yeah materials-wise, you can get better for cheaper

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Carl Killer Miller posted:

Have you guys had any experience drafting on cockatrice? I'm looking to practice my draft game skills without burning through money losing on MTGO.

It's been a while, but I remember it being a big hassle to actually wrangle eight people and not have someone disconnect mid-draft, and usually people would play one round and leave.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Okay, that Doomsday has great art.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Carl Killer Miller posted:

That's how my dude Bolun got the experience needed to top 8 the limited GP, so there must be something to it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

That looks rad.

E: I always assumed Doomsday was on the Reserve List.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 18, 2017

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

Okay, that Doomsday has great art.

Yeah, which makes it all the more frustrating that in addition to the ugliness of these frames, the art is crammed into such a small space. If you're going to give us awesome art, give us extended-art frames, not contracted-art frames. That Blood Moon in a frame more like BFZ or KLD would be awesome (and I didn't much care for the BFZ frames, but they were leagues ahead of these).

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
Wescoe gets a concession from BBD G1 after BBD has zero permanents in play since Wescoe Ghost Quartered all his lands and path'd his last creature

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

C-Euro posted:

E: I always assumed Doomsday was on the Reserve List.

Doomsday was printed in Weatherlight originally, and reprinted in Sixth Edition.

The First List posted:

-All cards from Alpha / Beta that had not appeared in Fourth Edition or Ice Age.
-All uncommon and rare cards from Arabian Nights and Antiquities that had not been reprinted in white border at that time (i.e., that did not appear in Revised, Fourth Edition or Chronicles).
-All rare cards from Legends and The Dark that had not yet been reprinted in white border.

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.

Dehtraen posted:

Wescoe gets a concession from BBD G1 after BBD has zero permanents in play since Wescoe Ghost Quartered all his lands and path'd his last creature

Death and Taxes is the best.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Mindcensor? No basics?

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

odiv posted:

Mindcensor? No basics?

Two basics in the deck has both out after one earlier path, had Thalia out and Leonin Arbiter too. I think the whole chat was just yelling for Craig to GQ him over and over again for nearly 10 minutes

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
Bolas kicking the poo poo out of the Jacetice League is probably the best storyline in 5 years

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

E: vvv I had no loving clue but I think Plague Wind would have been a reasonable guess and would never gotten Omniscience vvv

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'm not the only one that guessed Plague Wind for the invocation spoiler, right? Nothing about that card screams Omniscience to me.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Star Man posted:

I'm not the only one that guessed Plague Wind for the invocation spoiler, right? Nothing about that card screams Omniscience to me.

I was guessing damnation.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I was guessing damnation.

Damnation got spoiled a few days ago

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Well, made day two but dropped when I realized cashing was going to be impossible. The deck is going but boring as gently caress. I think ari saying going down to 17 lands is correct. Flooded out on 19 lands way too often. Out of 9 rounds I played the mirror 4 times.

For the dramatic amount of space we had in the convention hall they sure did pack everyone in for the amount of people. Getting to your table was worse than it was in San Antonio. Still too many people to a table when space was a luxury. The amount of vendors was pretty impressive though. I doubt there was a card, token, or magic product you couldn't get here.

Enjoyed the trip. Modern is still the best.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Elyv posted:

Damnation got spoiled a few days ago

Yeah I'm not paying attention to that.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Top 8 spoiler alert: UB Taking Turns (quadsleeved) in at 6th place

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

suicidesteve posted:

That reminds me, does anyone know of a place to get a good, solid box for my cube? I'm not super in love with hauling a $13k cube around in a broken holiday box (and they're all broken.) I was thinking of trying to find a local carpenter and seeing if they can do something but it would be kind of hard to describe exactly what I want. If there's somewhere I could go online to find them that would be nice.

I've only used their product for games with weird storage requirements, but the build quality on Broken Token stuff is nice. Maybe, for a $13k cube, springing for a custom engraved box would be neat?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Turns player cracks their fetch with a Mindcensor on the battlefield, finds 4 lands on top. Go Turns Go

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?

Elyv posted:

E: vvv I had no loving clue but I think Plague Wind would have been a reasonable guess and would never gotten Omniscience vvv

Bolas not perfectly centered. gently caress this card.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Top 8 spoiler alert: UB Taking Turns (quadsleeved) in at 6th place

kicks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Sickening posted:

Well, made day two but dropped when I realized cashing was going to be impossible. The deck is going but boring as gently caress. I think ari saying going down to 17 lands is correct. Flooded out on 19 lands way too often. Out of 9 rounds I played the mirror 4 times.

For the dramatic amount of space we had in the convention hall they sure did pack everyone in for the amount of people. Getting to your table was worse than it was in San Antonio. Still too many people to a table when space was a luxury. The amount of vendors was pretty impressive though. I doubt there was a card, token, or magic product you couldn't get here.

Enjoyed the trip. Modern is still the best.

It's funnysad that I can know what deck you were playing just based on running into the mirror 4 times.