Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Gringostar posted:

trump had melania piss on the bed
Much like Trump being under investigation, the piss tape only became real AFTER he denied it.

jk Russian piss tape is real and strong and my friend, and so is Ed Balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Venom Snake posted:

What a dem wins on in an R+14 district has extremely little bearing on someone running in a more blue district

howard dean parachute spotted

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Venom Snake posted:

What a dem wins on in an R+14 district has extremely little bearing on someone running in a more blue district

this is the important thing to remember

bad dems like feinstein and pelosi aren't going to change until they're out of office (luckily they dead soon from old) but it's been a pretty big surprise seeing the "younger" dems that have been loving horrid in the past change to be less poo poo like schumer

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/876513747598270464

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

i still cant get over the fact that there's a 99% chance some poor russian hooker died because she peed for an obscenely rich american client one day

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNvZ3VOgcEU

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Nichael posted:

I heard on Meet the Press that they expect the Mueller investigation to go for approximately eighteen months. Is there anyway this government can continue to pseudo-function for a year and a half when an investigation of whether the president is a spy or not goes on that long, and the target of the investigation loses his poo poo on the dumbest communication platform designed by man every morning?

I don't think anyone knows where this goes.

Your post made me think of the March 6th Charlies Blow column in the NYTimes, "Pause This Presidency".

quote:

The American people must immediately demand a cessation of all consequential actions by this “president” until we can be assured that Russian efforts to hack our election, in a way that was clearly meant to help him and damage his opponent, did not also include collusion with or coverup by anyone involved in the Trump campaign and now administration.

This may sound extreme, but if the gathering fog of suspicion should yield an actual connection, it would be one of the most egregious assaults on our democracy ever. It would not only be unprecedented, it would be a profound wound to faith in our sovereignty.

Viewed through the serious lens of those epic implications, no action to put this presidency on pause is extreme. Rather, it is exceedingly prudent.

Some things must be done and some positions filled simply to keep the government operational. Absolute abrogation of administrative authority is infeasible and ill advised. But a bare minimum standard must be applied until we know more about what the current raft of investigations yield. Indeed, it may be that the current investigative apparatuses are insufficient and a special commission or special counsel is in order.

In any event, we can’t keep cruising along as if the unanswered question isn’t existential.

Americans must demand at least a momentary respite from — my preference would be a permanent termination of — Trump’s aggressive agenda to dramatically alter the social, economic and political contours of this country.

America deserves to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that our president is legitimate before he issues a single new disruptive executive order.

America deserves to know that he is legitimate before he pursues a program to dismantle Obamacare.

America deserves to know that he is legitimate before he pushes through a budget that obscenely expands military spending while making dramatic cuts in other areas.

America deserves to know that he is legitimate before the Senate moves forward with confirmation hearings for his Supreme Court nominee.

Republicans pitched a fit when President Obama nominated Merrick Garland to fill the seat made open by the death of Antonin Scalia, falsely arguing that a president should not be allowed to fill a vacancy during the last year of his term. Well, it is not at all clear to me that this will not be the last year of Donald Trump’s term, should these investigations reveal something untoward between his regime and Russia.

We have known for some time that the Russians interfered in our election in an effort to favor Trump. What we are learning in recent weeks are the number of Trump advisers and administrative officials who had contact with the Russian ambassador before the election, the frequency of those contacts, and the attempts, at least by some, to conceal those contacts.

But we now know, according to reporting by The Washington Post, that Attorney General Jeff Sessions also met at least twice with the ambassador during the campaign — once at the Republican National Convention — and then lied about those contacts under oath during his confirmation hearings.

Then this weekend in a series of tweets Trump made a scandalous and completely unsubstantiated allegation that President Obama had “my ‘wires tapped’ in Trump Tower” in October of 2016. He said of his baseless charge, “This is McCarthyism!” and “This is Nixon/Watergate” and called Obama a “Bad (or sick) guy!”

This is absolutely outrageous. One of three things is true here: Obama, during the waning months of an eight-year term free of personal scandal, decided to maliciously and illegally tap the phones of the candidate all the polls at the time predicted would lose; a law enforcement agency was able to present evidence and convince a federal judge that someone or some group of people in Trump Tower were engaged in illegal activity; or this “president,” who has proven himself a pathological liar, is once again chasing conspiratorial windmills and seeking to detract and deflect from legitimate scandal. Any of these scenarios has the profoundest of consequences.

There is a helluva lot of smoke here for there to be no fire. Maybe all of these contacts with the Russians have some benign and believable explanation that escapes me at the moment. Maybe this is just the culmination of an extraordinary series of coincidences. Maybe.

I actually hope that’s true. The alternative explanation is nearly unfathomable in its ability to injure our democracy.

Whatever the case, we need answers before we simply pretend that there is some sort of political inertia pulling us forward and that the Trump agenda is an inevitable consequence of a suspect election.

No!

An NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released last month found that a majority of Americans believe “Congress should investigate whether Donald Trump’s presidential campaign had contact with the Russian government in 2016.”

That’s important, but not enough. Until that investigation is completed, that same majority of Americans must put elected officials on notice that there will be a price to pay if they aid and abet Trump’s agenda before the truth is known.

We must all demand without equivocation: Pause this presidency!
https://nytimes.com/2017/03/06/opinion/pause-this-presidency.html

At the time, it seemed an extreme opinion, but events since its March 6th publication have made its point more crucial. One scenario might be that the deepening investigation (and the lingering effects of Trump's continued poor staffing) causes such chaos that the government is effectively "paused" anyway. Is the Republican party prepared for the crisis of legitimacy if they, for example, repeal Obamacare, and then watch the Executive branch fall to scandal?

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

"the context of the tweet, sir!" :mad:

-a lawyer for the president of the usa in 2017

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Venom Snake posted:

You're right but that isnt gonna stop the Saints of the Suck Zone to declare radical centrism as the only path to victory

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

alex jones is now a bigger cuck than JEB!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

pro-click ramadan message from the president

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Business Gorillas posted:

:same:

Republicans are having their town halls devolve into riots, so they decided to stop going. Id love to be surprised by the Dems, but no amount of "Dornal Trimpm Bad" is gonna do anything if they're only offering to poor people is that they're gonna use lube

It's June 2017 how has this lesson not been learned yet lmao

hey this wouldn't be Gilded Age 2 if there was a political party willing to recognize the impending economic disaster from having massive segments of the country be massively in debt and unable to afford to live

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

FabioClone posted:

"the context of the tweet, sir!" :mad:

-a lawyer for the president of the usa in 2017

as he's waving about a sheet of paper with more text than Trump has ever read in his life :lol:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RealAlexJones/status/876543992023986177

by having a watch party aren't you increasing their ratings

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Agrajag posted:

lol is it something unique to the IT demo that attracts turds that go hype for apple products and stupid fads like fidget spinners and other techbro poo poo?

*reads post*

*looks at red text*

Lol.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Vertical Lime posted:

by having a watch party aren't you increasing their ratings

No you're watching Alex Jones.

god drat did he loving own her

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aliquid posted:

howard dean parachute spotted

I wish Ossof wasn't such a "hold your nose" candidate (he could get away with not playing it so "safe" imo) but people trying to suss out national trends from a single special election are reaching hard

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Venom Snake posted:

I wish Ossof wasn't such a "hold your nose" candidate (he could get away with not playing it so "safe" imo) but people trying to suss out national trends from a single special election are reaching hard

It's almost like the entirety of our political class is devoted to staring at their bellybuttons for thinkpiece ideas :thunk:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
My communist MP was reelected :ussr:

i'm happy even in macron is god emperor of france

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/876556631378718724

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Business Gorillas posted:

It's almost like the entirety of our political class is devoted to staring at their bellybuttons for thinkpiece ideas :thunk:

my fav is the subclass that's devoted to worshipping the first lady like a celebrity

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

the view from his apartment is loving awqesome.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

:jackbud:

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Venom Snake posted:

ossof is basically the perfect candidate in that district though since it's rich as poo poo yet doesn't want to kill the gays and browns

anyone that runs on full communism now in a district like that is going to loose and loose big time no matter how much those voters hate trump

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

makes so much sense...

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i mocked my recently-married cousin for lamenting some pop star for giving up a purity ring

we were on the way to my grandfather's funeral and i have no regrets

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Wait, didn't he say that Sandy Hook was a hoax done by crisis actors?

Or have I mixed up my right-wing nutballs and I'm thinking of someone else?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Gringostar posted:

ossof is basically the perfect candidate in that district though since it's rich as poo poo yet doesn't want to kill the gays and browns

anyone that runs on full communism now in a district like that is going to loose and loose big time no matter how much those voters hate trump

the groose is loose

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Powered Descent posted:

Wait, didn't he say that Sandy Hook was a hoax done by crisis actors?

Or have I mixed up my right-wing nutballs and I'm thinking of someone else?

no you got it

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

lol if trump is anything other than rakdos

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Trump is the perfect one-two combo of 'won't pay you' and 'won't listen to a loving thing you say' re: being completely unable to find competent lawyers.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

the groose is loose

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

GobiasIndustries posted:

Trump is the perfect one-two combo of 'won't pay you' and 'won't listen to a loving thing you say' re: being completely unable to find competent lawyers.

michael cohen Was Right tho

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
There are many damning statements to be made about Trump, but "He made Megyn Kelly look like a journalist" is up there with the worst of them.

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

weird

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/876477031642484736

another rt

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

GobiasIndustries posted:

and it owns that he's up against a generational dream team of investigators and prosecutors that want to make careers out of taking down a president

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

lol, he's going to be fired tomorrow morning, isn't he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Gringostar posted:

anyone that runs on full communism now in a district like that is going to loose and loose big time no matter how much they hate trump

hopefully it will tell the left/center that they need to fight fire with fire down there and start actively pushing ideology. Yankee transplants not liking trump will only get you so far and the south has been neglected for decades

• Locked thread