Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Save up and get yourself the Quadcopter ASAP, some hidden goodies and things can only be reached by it and it makes some missions much easier.

Also get the Taunt upgrade for the Jumper as well, it's magical :allears:.

What I found annoying was spending half an hour trying to solve an optional puzzle only to realize I was missing an essential upgrade (in this case the higher jump). I need to eventually give the game another shot, but that sort of thing really turned me off, and nothing in particular grabbed me.

e:Watch Dogs 2, if anyone was confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I played abzu tonight and I thought it was great but does not quite stand up to the legacy of journey.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sakurazuka posted:

Knack 2 looks kind of fun, is the first game actually that bad?

Realtalk: The combat and platforming gets legit challenging and requires skill in a way that felt fun. It has this weird dissonance between having a Saturday morning cartoon knockoff level of storytelling and visuals and seriously punishing gameplay.

I would heartily recommend it for $5-$10, though if Sony doesn't put it on Plus in the next few months they will have dropped the ball

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Realtalk: The combat and platforming gets legit challenging and requires skill in a way that felt fun. It has this weird dissonance between having a Saturday morning cartoon knockoff level of storytelling and visuals and seriously punishing gameplay.

I would heartily recommend it for $5-$10, though if Sony doesn't put it on Plus in the next few months they will have dropped the ball

Knack is poo poo and not worth playing for free when there are a billion actually good games you could be playing instead

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The "Knack is awesome lol" meme stopped being funny before it even started.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

poptart_fairy posted:

Who's saying that?

revolther
May 27, 2008

Ularg posted:

Wouldn't that be basically ReCore?

Also I would absolutely love that. Like a dog companion.
So you want another Sony owned studio to make another version of The Last Guardian?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

poptart_fairy posted:

Knack is in fact good

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

revolther posted:

So you want another Sony owned studio to make another version of The Last Guardian?

You know there are more things than an animal companion in The Last Guardian. They're barely the same type of game to HZD or Recore.

revolther
May 27, 2008

Ularg posted:

You know there are more things than an animal companion in The Last Guardian. They're barely the same type of game to HZD or Recore.
Are there more things than an animal companion in The Last Guardian?

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Ularg posted:

They should just steal the wolf from MGSV wholesale but just turn it into an adorable dinorobot.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Renoistic posted:

They should just steal the wolf from MGSV wholesale but just turn it into an adorable dinorobot.

I'll be okay with this. Let him grow by bringing home bigger parts.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shoutout to all my knackers

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think Horizon must have one of the highest platinum rates ever. I took a look at the trophies because of this conversation and 37% of players have the plat
I assume you're looking at PSNProfiles.com. That's only the percentage of people who use that site which is always going to be heavily skewed since only people who care about trophies are going to bother using it. The actual platinum rate is 8.2% which is still pretty high.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Anyone got any recommendations for local co-op games. 3 players preferable.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

I believe Helldivers has 4p co-op, but be sure to double-check. Twinstick shooters are always good fun for local sessions.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Speaking of games with complex and intricate combat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SxiRw_XEYs

Knack 2 will feature a skill tree that allows players to unlock special attacks, including multi-punches, flash kicks, dashes, explosive bodyslams, psycho crushers, grabs, and parries. These attacks can combo into each other. Mark Cerny has said that he was inspired by Fist of the North Star when thinking about combat. The player has control over changing their size, which will be used to solve puzzles and traverse platforming sections. The game will also retail not for full price but $39.99

Goty

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

So Knack 2 is God of War combat with some platforming? Count me in.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Overcooked!, Helldivers, Broforce, Alienation, Rayman: Legends, Trine 2/3, N++, Littlebigplanet 3

Neonchrome is ps+ right now, dunno how good it is tho

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Possibly the best couch co-op game since the PS2 era

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I can never connect to Killing Floor games

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, one thing I really appreciated about Nioh was that it removed any kind of bullshit around NG+ and simply made the additional difficulty modes for NG+ and so on a simple button toggle. Want to play the DLC on Normal? Just do it!

I really enjoyed Maria NG++ though, felt like trying to fight a Bayonetta boss with Dark Souls gameplay.

It's one of the pros of Nioh having a mission based system. Another one is bring able to redo my favorite areas and refight my favorite bosses whenever I want.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Harlock posted:

I usually get into a game if I just let it ride (like, for several minutes) and don't leave the join game screen.

At least that's how it's worked for the past few evenings, I'd also expect that the player base is in the low single digits as of right now because it's Sunday morning.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Harlock posted:

Set server to US West, change the option to never join games in progress.

Killing Floor 2 loves to either give me infinite loading screens or freeze on the lobby screen.

Crusty Juggler
Mar 26, 2009

I read somewhere online to put yourself in a party (even if it's just you) by pressing down the touchpad button before looking for a game. I had to wait a long time for games prior to doing this - now, it finds one pretty quickly.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Crusty Juggler posted:

I read somewhere online to put yourself in a party (even if it's just you) by pressing down the touchpad button before looking for a game. I had to wait a long time for games prior to doing this - now, it finds one pretty quickly.

Tripwire has some reccomended actions for getting around their broken matchmaking.

http://support.tripwireinteractive.com/KB/View/972-no-games-found--matchmaking-failure

Really enjoying KF2, scratching the itch I wanted Mass Effect A MP to.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Knack 2 looks fun.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Neon Knight posted:

Tripwire has some reccomended actions for getting around their broken matchmaking.
"sometimes playing other titles on the PS4 before KF2 will result in matchmaking failures. "

lmao how in the world

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Sometimes I will have to close the game and reopen it otherwise it tells me no games can be found. It's poorly ported.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Idk I got bored playing overcooked with my s.o. but she never got bored with it, she asks me to play it to this day. It's fun.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Idk I got bored playing overcooked with my s.o. but she never got bored with it, she asks me to play it to this day. It's fun.

My girlfriend asks me literally every time she's over to play "the cooking game" or "Tumbly Towers"

Bless you PS4

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Ularg posted:

Who's saying that?

Whenever it comes up goons fall over themselves to talk about how great it is, but never actually explain why. This is the only context I see it get brought up in, ever.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

poptart_fairy posted:

Whenever it comes up goons fall over themselves to talk about how great it is, but never actually explain why. This is the only context I see it get brought up in, ever.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Helldivers, definitely

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

alienation was good but really short.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Three players, you gotta play Trine

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

J-Spot posted:

I assume you're looking at PSNProfiles.com. That's only the percentage of people who use that site which is always going to be heavily skewed since only people who care about trophies are going to bother using it. The actual platinum rate is 8.2% which is still pretty high.

Yeah, I think Infamous Second Son and FFXV have a plat rate that's about that high.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Paragon worth putting any time into?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Paragon worth putting any time into?
Not really, no. It's a third person action moba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I might be alone, but I don't think there's many F2P games that are worth your time to play unless you're doing so with friends/goons.