Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Zenithe posted:

I've been wrong before, but can it get much lower than this?

I'm sure she'll be richly rewarded for being both horrible and irrelevant. Fortunate that we don't do UK honours any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Ah, this explains why my uncle was banging on about greenies being to blame for the fire :cripes:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Except 2014 planning documents for the refurbishment specifically cite making the building look nicer for the poshos in the other buildings looking onto it as their reasoning for installing it, and even if it weren't it would have literally cost an extra £5000 to get non-flammable cladding. Definitely Green ideology and not rich shitheads that caused those deaths.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Zenithe posted:

look no offence intended but i think there'd be a sense of tragic karma if miranda devine burnt to death

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

BBJoey posted:

look no offence intended but i think there'd be a sense of tragic karma if miranda devine burnt to death

But where is the evidence Miranda Devine is bad???

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Zenithe posted:

Of course it can:

quote:

We don’t see those costs in the same way as we see a fire’s victims; we will never know the name of the guy who was killed in a car accident because he had to live far from work because rents rose because regulators required sprinkler systems.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

hooman posted:

But where is the evidence Miranda Devine is bad???

loving :lol:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Zenithe posted:

ewe2 posted:

I'm sure she'll be richly rewarded for being both horrible and irrelevant. Fortunate that we don't do UK honours any more.

For her I'm sure being a malignant cancer is it's own reward.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/876403548698722307

14th in a row.

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jun 18, 2017

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Yes the third way is happening.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I blame seeing the new Wonder Women. It made me think.

The whole new Victoria state laws coming in where "you are guilty and no proof is required or can be fought against because it's a secret" too.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Zenithe posted:

What the gently caress?

How does she reason that one out?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Endman posted:

What the gently caress?

How does she reason that one out?

Ah, I see your problem.

She probably thinks the cladding was put up as insulation because she's a loving idiot who rode to journalism on her dad's coattails.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
She probably thinks there just has to be a way to attack the left over this.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Holy poo poo finally the ABC reports on the actual reason why we're paying more for electricity!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-19/why-youre-about-to-pay-through-the-nose-for-power/8629090

I wonder how this got past Chris Uhlmann.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
So WA labor are reminding us that they are complete trash

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...3a73e7043f5d8a6

Just why do they even exist

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Because that's not going to get thrown out by the High Court at all

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
One Nation has a gathering yesterday at Queens Park in Ipswich

was only a groupiscle though, like 10 people max but flag/person ratio was off the chart

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

norp posted:

So WA labor are reminding us that they are complete trash

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...3a73e7043f5d8a6

Just why do they even exist

Bikies should be eliminated by patrolling Havoc gunships anyway.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

JBP posted:

Bikies should be eliminated by patrolling Havoc gunships anyway.

You mean reverse parole isn't the answer?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Zenithe posted:

The cladding was illegal to install at the time of the installation. Those wicked greens!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

ABC posted:

But News Corp columnist Andrew Bolt defended Symons on the grounds he is a clown.

“That’s his gig,” Bolt said. “He jokes. He plays with words. He holds up certainties to ridicule. He is a contrarian (within the ABC’s tight cultural parameters) and bridles at the stupid constraints put on language by our modern bullies.”

Jesus tapping Christ, he even apologised you moronic bastard.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Heard the apology earlier. Was refreshing to hear an apology not a sorry your offended.

-----------------------------

Christians are being poo poo and the government is covering for them [SMH]

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

No but comedy is sacred and can not be commented on by anyone ever *does a rape joke and say "don't put that on your blog"*

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

No but comedy is sacred and can not be commented on by anyone ever *does a rape joke and say "don't put that on your blog"*

Comedy is Andrew Bolt getting glitter bombed.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

ahh yes Bolt, playing with words. There is a lot to explore in calling an Asian person yellow.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Junkee posted:

Victorian Cops Could Be Getting Invasive New Powers Over Punters At Music Festivals

The Victorian Government is reportedly considering giving police the authority to stop and search punters without cause, in an attempt to stamp out illicit drug use at music festivals.

According to The Herald Sun, the state government and Victoria police are currently in discussion to ramp up police powers following a number of recent fatal and near-fatal incidents at Victorian music festivals.

Under the proposed changes, cops would no longer need to have a “reasonable suspicion” that a person was under the influence or in possession of illegal drugs before searching them.

“There has been very serious harm caused by drugs at music festivals,” police minister Lisa Neville told the paper on Sunday. “This is about protecting lives and ensuring music festivals are great places for young people to get together — not places for tragedies.”

While medical experts continue to advocate for legal pill testing at music festivals, Neville slammed the idea. “As a parent, I wouldn’t want someone telling my son that this drug is safe when it can’t be guaranteed,” she said.

Neville’s comments mirror those of her boss, Premier Daniel Andrews, who last year said pill testing could lead to the normalisation of drug taking.

Of course there’s also the danger that giving the police increased powers could lead to riskier drug taking behaviour, with Greens MP Colleen Hartland warning that people may injest large amounts of drugs in a panic in order to avoid being caught.

Meanwhile, harm-reduction advocacy group High Alert has slammed the proposal. “We’re now at the point of straight-up taking people’s legal rights away from them,” they wrote on Facebook. “When excessive force is used to attempt to squash a problem, unintended, and potentially worse, consequences are seen.”

Victoria laying the foundations to become the worst state.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Get hosed Dan.

gently caress the Hun for ruining a good government with bullshit law and order scaremongering.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Drug taking at festivals is about as normalised as it's possible for something to be.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

open24hours posted:

Drug taking at festivals is about as normalised as it's possible for something to be.

I mean have you ever tried to go to a dance music festival without a healthy supply of MDMA?

What an awful concept.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Don Dongington posted:

I mean have you ever tried to go to a dance music festival without a healthy supply of MDMA?

What an awful concept.

I've done it a few times before. LSD is great to doof on.

-----------------------------

https://twitter.com/CUhlmann/status/875127375255576576

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Disrespecting the rule of law to suck up to LNP ministers, truly the political class.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

I joined last week. :)

Do we get sweet membership cards?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

ABC posted:

Nazi MP40 machine gun seized, 40yo man charged, after traffic stop in NSW

A 40-year-old man has been charged with possessing a prohibited firearm after police seized a Nazi machine gun during a traffic stop on the New South Wales Central Coast last night.

Police found the MP40 submachine gun after they pulled over a Holden Commodore at The Entrance about 7:40pm.

The weapon was developed in Nazi Germany and used extensively in World War II.

Police seized a bag containing the gun, a magazine and 60 rounds of ammunition. The gun's barrel was missing.

The man police charged was a passenger in the vehicle, which was stopped on Oakland Avenue.

Police said the gun appeared to be in working order.

Shane Casey, senior curator at the Australian War Memorial, said the weapon was used extensively by the German army.

"It's a very robust weapon and was also souvenired during the war by Allied soldiers," he said.

quote:

We've got examples here in our collection. You would find it after the war being used in Northern Ireland and there's also examples that have turned up in Vietnam and Cambodia.

"Initially it would have been designed to be carried by troops in vehicles or paratroopers because it's quite small and has a folding stock."

Mr Casey said the weapon was collectible.

"Anyone who is interested in Germany army history or the second World War would recognise this weapon immediately," he said.

The weapon will undergo a forensic examination to determine if it was linked to any shooting incidents.

The man will appear in Wyong Local Court today.

Gonna be hard to out Nazi NSW with this sort of poo poo. Lift your game QLD.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Just because a machine gun was once a nazi machine gun doesn't mean it will always be a nazi machine gun. What happened to restorative justice?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

just you wait, some Queensland farmer has got to have a Tiger tank lying around somewhere

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Bogan King posted:

Gonna be hard to out Nazi NSW with this sort of poo poo. Lift your game QLD.

Maybe he's related to someone who killed a nazi and took their gun though?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Maybe he was just a innocent gun collector with a particular interest in superior German design Herr Bogan King.

I suggest you mind your own business. *adjusts black leather gloves*

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Anidav posted:

Maybe he was just a innocent gun collector with a particular interest in superior German design Herr Bogan King.

I suggest you mind your own business. *adjusts black leather gloves*

Those guns were distributed very widely after the war and still work good when you need to mow down a crowd, so maybe he just needed a smg for reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Don't mind me officer, just going to return some videotapes.

• Locked thread