Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Jordan7hm posted:

Siralim 2 is free on Android this weekend but it's also on steam. It got linked in the roguelike thread but it's most of like an endless grind RPG with monster summoning and breeding and some cool progression elements (build your castle, gain favour with 15 gods, do some side quests). It's really good.

My phone's too tiny to play it properly, but my taste of gameplay convinced me I want indie fantasy pokemon on my laptop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Jamfrost posted:

It also has GTA V currently sitting on a Mixed review score on Steam which I find to be equally impressive. Turns out, people really love their mods.

Eagerly awaiting the day that GTA VI comes out and all of the people who gave negative reviews saying they're boycotting Take 2 will be playing the game at the same time. Maybe they'll all be members of the group "BOYCOTT GTA VI!" and we can get another funny screencap.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
the modern warfare pic is one of my favourites but unfortunately the story is that the group was open and on release a lot of ppl joined it to troll.

having said that, absolutely noone who wants to play gta will give a gently caress about the small text reading MIXED REVIEWS!!! on the side when all they wanna do is pew pew drive the car funny redneck

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
If the next gta doesn't have single player then I won't get it.

The only multiplayer GTA that was good was the fan-mad multiplayer mod for San Andreas and the OJ Simpson mode.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

My phone's too tiny to play it properly, but my taste of gameplay convinced me I want indie fantasy pokemon on my laptop.

its pretty decent!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
are we thinking of the same kind of gimp

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
You can move your save on siralim 2 between phone - pc

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 minutes!

tomorrow?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Arent steam anythings on wednesdays

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
It's beginning 10A PST Thursday because it's starting in the weekend sale slot.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I don't know if anyone has compiled anything, but if anyone else is like me and lives under a rock like an ol' hermit the past several years and sort of just pops in every so often, here's a list of good games that have come out in 2017 and you might want to check out during the upcoming sale if the price is right for you.

Prey
Nier: Automata
Resident Evil 7
Night in the Woods
Hollow Knight (easily top 3 true metroidvania on Steam and is amazing)
Vanquish + Bayonetta (not new, but new to Steam!)
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (technically not new and you may already have it, but they added a lot of content and worth getting now for sure)
Dead Cells* (It's still EA but it's absolutely amazing. I only don't recommend it because you might play 30+ hrs of this and burn out before the game is completed and balanced but holy poo poo it's fun)

Games I have my eye on from this year:
Alwas Awakening
Everspace (heard mixed things but I may get it if the price is low enough)
What Remains of Edith Finch

I do have a few 2016 games I never got around to getting as well but I assume most anyone interested probably picked up most of the good-stuff last Winter already so I don't think that's worth recapping.

Feel free to let me know if there's been anything that's really stood-out as absolutely amazing this year that I should also keep an eye on.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Are they going to put Papo & Yo on sale

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds0bcZXI1tI

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys

Jordan7hm posted:

Siralim 2 is free on Android this weekend but it's also on steam. It got linked in the roguelike thread but it's most of like an endless grind RPG with monster summoning and breeding and some cool progression elements (build your castle, gain favour with 15 gods, do some side quests). It's really good.

I see $4.99. Do you mean Siralim 1? That looks to be free?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lakitu7 posted:

I see $4.99. Do you mean Siralim 1? That looks to be free?
Looks like the freeby ended. :(

I still recommend it. It's a lot more built out than Siralim was. Siralim was the prototype, this feels like the finished product.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries

Xaris posted:

Feel free to let me know if there's been anything that's really stood-out as absolutely amazing this year that I should also keep an eye on.

Nice list! I'm personally hoping that Little Nightmares has a decent sale - reports were that it's really good, but really short considering the price.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
By the way are we going to have a Steam Sale thread? I don't think it's necessary anymore as the dailies are over, there probably won't be any minigame or ARG - at least there wasn't on X-mas -, there's no more voting, the giftrain is dead. Maybe change the thread title to something Sale-y, let everyone swarm in here then nuke the thread and start anew.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Samuringa posted:

By the way are we going to have a Steam Sale thread? I don't think it's necessary anymore as the dailies are over, there probably won't be any minigame or ARG - at least there wasn't on X-mas -, there's no more voting, the giftrain is dead. Maybe change the thread title to something Sale-y, let everyone swarm in here then nuke the thread and start anew.

Well, this one has been going for 3 years, so it may not be a bad idea; without dailies most posts in the last sale thread were "Is X game worth it at Y money?". That, and me shilling Alien: Isolation. :v:

We'll see what Palpek thinks, I guess.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

How dead is the gifttrain?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

StrixNebulosa posted:

How dead is the gifttrain?

Pretty dead I'd suspect. Steam's new gift restrictions kill that kind of thing.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
US can still gift to whomever they want, yeah? Plus, can just buy keys elsewhere. Might need to have future trains overlap with the sales of legit key vendors, Humble/GMG. It's a little more complicated fo sho.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Jamfrost posted:

US can still gift to whomever they want, yeah? Plus, can just buy keys elsewhere. Might need to have future trains overlap with the sales of legit key vendors, Humble/GMG. It's a little more complicated fo sho.

people can't gift to people who would have to pay more for their games. so you can't give games to everyone either

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

:sigh:

It's the thing I look forward to the most at these sales....

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Anybody played Emily is away too?

I graduated around that time, so it hit a little close to home

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Anyone played Dad Quest? It has like 10 reviews but its fathers day and i enjoy the concept of being a dad that throws his kid at people

https://chrono.gg/itad

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ragequit posted:

Honor Father's Day by gifting as many copies of Shower With Your Dad Simulator as you can today. I am sure there are plenty of father themed games on Steam, but none are this in your face.

That's a really bad game though. Get Witcher 3 instead, a much better game about being a good dad

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

QuarkJets posted:

That's a really bad game though. Get Witcher 3 instead, a much better game about being a good dad

Incorrect, Do You Still Shower With Your Dad: Dad Showering Simulator is actually a lot deeper gameplay wise than it at first appears. It kinda falls in that Try Not To Fart spot, where the idea is stupid, and the resources spent on it are appropriate, but somehow they made something worth playing.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Edmond Dantes posted:

Well, this one has been going for 3 years, so it may not be a bad idea; without dailies most posts in the last sale thread were "Is X game worth it at Y money?". That, and me shilling Alien: Isolation. :v:

We'll see what Palpek thinks, I guess.
I'm thinking of making a Summer Sales thread without Steam in the title because it's a deep sales period and people might talk about getting various games based on deals. But I don't know, maybe it's stretching it.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Why do we all still get and have steam cards all these years later?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Unless you sell them or have expiry dates, they stay with you.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
Cards are great. Also, Squake has some unexpectedly nice profile backgrounds. I'm using one right now.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

They seem still 1/5th baked still. I can't do anything very interesting with them and I can just get those backgrounds off the market. Hell its kinda stupid the backgrounds are not just bonus items for preorders or better yet beating the game.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

Junkie Disease posted:

They seem still 1/5th baked still. I can't do anything very interesting with them and I can just get those backgrounds off the market. Hell its kinda stupid the backgrounds are not just bonus items for preorders or better yet beating the game.

Those backgrounds (and emoticons) are there because people used the cards for badges. Otherwise they wouldn't exist. Each card also has its own description and art that you can click on to enlarge and use for your desktop if it's good enough. Or just sell for money. Sorta like real collector's cards.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Jamfrost posted:

Those backgrounds (and emoticons) are there because people used the cards for badges. Otherwise they wouldn't exist. Each card also has its own description and art that you can click on to enlarge and use for your desktop if it's good enough. Or just sell for money. Sorta like real collector's cards.

I get that but its just laying around concept art just give it to buyers as a promo. I'm still getting stupid booster packs like once every month and its like a dewclaw.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

Junkie Disease posted:

I get that but its just laying around concept art just give it to buyers as a promo. I'm still getting stupid booster packs like once every month and its like a dewclaw.

If booster packs bother you, make sure not to level up any further. Every 10 levels increases the drop rate.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

When someone crafts a badge someone else gets a booster pack if they got all their drops. The solution is to not play games

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Synthbuttrange posted:

When someone crafts a badge someone else gets a booster pack if they got all their drops. The solution is to not play games

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Steam Thread: The solution is to not play games

…since we're talking about making new threads and all that.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Anyone played Paradigm?

I'm a sucker for point-and-click adventures and it has an interesting artstyle, but how is the story and humour?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Edmond Dantes posted:

Don't forget the 10% of posts that still ask if there are dailies or not. :v:

• Locked thread