Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

I don't think that was skin - it looked a lot like the non-garmonbozia veiny stuff that shows up when there's a Lodge manifestation. At least, I think I've seen it in this season when that's happened, and it was the other colors when Dougie and Dopple-Coop threw up, and I feel like it showed up another time as well.

It looked like flesh, dude.

Fake edit: I also feel vindicated by the cops affirming that the guys involved with the car explosion were a known car-jacking gang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
I wonder if DougieCoop has a lodge spirit in there with him, the same way BadCoop has Bob with him?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Section 9 posted:

The weird sound at the Great Northern is Josie, isn't it?

It better be. :argh:

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

crowoutofcontext posted:

Yup. Also this Missing Pieces scene with Diane off camera is ridiculously cute and really highlights how close she was with Coop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YQA0U6zWyY

I'm now imagining the reason that Diane was completely silent for this scene was because she was just groaning, trying to ignore Coop, uttering "gently caress you" under her breath.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

Section 9 posted:

I wonder if DougieCoop has a lodge spirit in there with him, the same way BadCoop has Bob with him?

I get the sense that the Lodge in general is just looking out for Coop, not necessarily out of any altruism (well, maybe MIKE is being altruistic), but just because it REALLY needs one of them back in the Lodge to avoid falling apart.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

I get the sense that the Lodge in general is just looking out for Coop, not necessarily out of any altruism (well, maybe MIKE is being altruistic), but just because it REALLY needs one of them back in the Lodge to avoid falling apart.

That's what seems to be happening, but I wonder if there needs to be a spirit in that body with him to pass on those visions? The Giant, perhaps? (Edit: and that makes a lot of sense, since the Giant's previous host was equally bewildered.)

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

The girl from ipanema reference was great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJkxFhFRFDA
Its kind of an in-joke for directors to use that song during elevator scenes.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Section 9 posted:

That's what seems to be happening, but I wonder if there needs to be a spirit in that body with him to pass on those visions? The Giant, perhaps? (Edit: and that makes a lot of sense, since the Giant's previous host was equally bewildered.)

I don't think it's the Giant - I strongly suspect he's actually a White Lodge spirit.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

FauxLeather posted:

I'm now imagining the reason that Diane was completely silent for this scene was because she was just groaning, trying to ignore Coop, uttering "gently caress you" under her breath.

I'm still trying to figure out some of the Diane/Cooper stuff. It's difficult since we had nothing from her character before. She's obviously angry at Cooper, but I can't tell if it's because the last time the real Cooper saw her was a bad situation, or if BadCoop came to visit her after leaving Twin Peaks and something bad went down. But her last talk with Gordon seems to indicate that she's upset because there is some emotion missing from the Cooper she saw in the prison. There's something in the heart that is not there, which makes me more feel like there was something between them, and she was bitter that he just disappeared from her life, and this new Cooper she's seeing does not have the same feelings.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

I don't think it's the Giant - I strongly suspect he's actually a White Lodge spirit.

Reasonable. I've always been of the belief that we never see any White Lodge spirits, they don't interfere. But, if the Red Room is to be understood as a place in-between the lodges, then there's nothing to say that the Giant (as a White Lodge spirit) is not working with Mike and the Arm to resolve things.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I like how even Andy is getting some intense dramatic scenes.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I hate when this show ends each week. Feels like so long till the next one! :(

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
In the interviews in the aftermath of Dougie taking down Ike, there is a little girl who says "He smelled funny." Like burning engine oil, maybe?

Kawalimus posted:

I hate when this show ends each week. Feels like so long till the next one! :(

It just means you have a week to re-watch all the previous episodes and take detailed notes about every little thing that happens, and tie them to what happened in the most recent episode. Right? That's what everyone here does. Right?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

I don't know if the Lodge wants anything, per se. I think MIKE is just annoyed at having nobody to talk to but a dumb giant and his own arm all day and really wants his creamed corn back.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
gently caress you, Tammy.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
What did the guy yell into the diner just before the end credits started rolling?

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
I really hope Coop snaps out of it next episode. I mean, it's interesting to see a fallout char with 10 luck and 1 int in real-ish life, but without him having seemingly any agency it's starting to feel stifling.

Also Diner Lady's laugh is the creepiest thing yet.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

FauxLeather posted:

What did the guy yell into the diner just before the end credits started rolling?

Was just about to ask this. I couldn't make out this line or the first thing that Beverley's husband Tom says.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

FauxLeather posted:

"Hey! Has anybody seen Bing?"

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

el oso posted:

the first thing that Beverley's husband Tom says.

[sighs]

...kidding. He says, "I heard you drive up"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
That was a drat good episode. If we're not gonna get real Coop back, Dougie with other people is the next best thing.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh god, I just had a thought: What if when DoppelCoop visited Audrey in the hospital after the bank explosion, he raped her while she was in a coma and Richard Horne is her and DoppelCoop's kid? :stonk:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Section 9 posted:

It just means you have a week to re-watch all the previous episodes and take detailed notes about every little thing that happens, and tie them to what happened in the most recent episode. Right? That's what everyone here does. Right?

Second-hand!!! I read what all those other people come up with! And then talk to my buddy like I came up with it :D

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

ZeeBoi posted:

"Hey! Has anybody seen Bing?"

This is right. And according to the credits, "Bing" is Riley Lynch, who was apparently one of the end-of-episode musicians earlier this season? I'm curious if that goes anywhere.

nopants
May 29, 2004
I don't know what the guy screamed at the diner, but when watching I assumed he was asking if anybody had seen the truck owner that was supposed to o meet Andy on that mountain road. That guy's probably dead.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Oh god, I just had a thought: What if when DoppelCoop visited Audrey in the hospital after the bank explosion, he raped her while she was in a coma and Richard Horne is her and DoppelCoop's kid? :stonk:

Please no - let's not go there :smith:

But what if Richard is Audrey/Billy Zane's kid????

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Josh Lyman posted:

A bar like that would use a shop vac in 2016 :colbert:

or at least a loving push broom if you have that much hard floor

and what kind of jackass sweeps before he flips the stools. my loving immersion

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
gently caress you, tammy

also, autistic batman-coop is the best.

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
This was a good episode. Glad to see the plot move along a bit and I'm really curious what's going on with Briggs and Evil Coop.

Also, who the gently caress was the mysterious hooded figure who walked in the police station/morgue?

That floor was pretty dirty. So much crud.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

TheMaestroso posted:

Please no - let's not go there :smith:
I mean it's really hosed up, but I thought it was implied that DoppelCoop raped Diane too because he said the last time he saw her was at her house and she said "I'll never forget that night." and seemed really shaken by the sight of Albert and Gordon and the mention of Coop :(

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

n4 posted:

Also, who the gently caress was the mysterious hooded figure who walked in the police station/morgue?

that wasn't the float-away guy that was in the cell near matthew lillard early on, was it?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

what is this goon obsession with rape

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ZeeBoi posted:

what is this goon obsession with rape
Is it a goon obsession if Bob has been known to rape people in the past?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

FauxLeather posted:

From this cut scene, he notices when things change. She obviously changed her hair and he didn't comment on it.

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Panamaniac posted:

that wasn't the float-away guy that was in the cell near matthew lillard early on, was it?

That was my first thought but there was nothing physically that resembled that guy that I could see.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Sardonik posted:

I really hope Coop snaps out of it next episode. I mean, it's interesting to see a fallout char with 10 luck and 1 int in real-ish life, but without him having seemingly any agency it's starting to feel stifling.

This is said every episode, and I know a lot of people are sick of enfeebled DougieCoop. But s'ti probably going to go on for a while longer. I'm conflicted between really wanting to see Coop come back, and also enjoying seeing where things go with Dougie. They just keep doing good stuff with Dougie every time I want them to just end it.

Sardonik posted:

Also Diner Lady's laugh is the creepiest thing yet.

She's been doing that since S01E01.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I thought it was implied that DoppelCoop raped Diane too because he said the last time he saw her was at her house and she said "I'll never forget that night." and seemed really shaken by the sight of Albert and Gordon and the mention of Coop :(

I think it's best we put that plot thread on hold for now because I don't believe it was implied whether the visit to Diane's house happened before Coop's visit to Twin Peaks, or after Doppelcoop left the lodge. Way too up in the air for now. Maybe Goodcoop just held a surprise birthday party for her :)
On the other hand, we know Doppelcoop went to hospital, so the Audrey rape has some credence.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Krinkle posted:

Last two episodes I've been jonesing for that good good weird poo poo. Show me more outer space bell repair in the no-eyes whisper dimension. Getting the shakes. Where's that weird poo poo?

The evolution of the arm telling cooper to tear off that guy's hand was pretty weird. Not as weird as it could have been. But thanks for the effort.

Am I misremembering, or was it speaking plain English and not backwards-talk? Because while I don't think it changes anything, seeing that The Entity Formerly Known as the Man From Another Place talks normally when he isn't inside The Black Lodge is interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Straight A Whores