Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Beastie posted:

I just sent you a request (Andy).
I've got Minecraft and would be down to play. If you see me playing shoot a tweet at Smithaw and we can figure out a Skype or Discord.

Or I'll just get plat tomorrow.

Awesome! I added you back. I don't do Skype anymore because my account got hacked by some sort of bot (I never signed into it so it wasn't a huge loss) and I couldn't prove I was me so my account is lost forever or whatever. I could probably get it back if I tried hard enough but I just don't care. It's been disabled because I guess the bot was spamming people with virus-y links. So that sort of sucks but eh.

I do use Discord however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Lakbay posted:

Ripe time for a game that makes you Switch between dock and undocked to keep playing

Stardew Valley with motion controls, maybe that's why it was delayed

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The Lobster posted:

Awesome! I added you back. I don't do Skype anymore because my account got hacked by some sort of bot (I never signed into it so it wasn't a huge loss) and I couldn't prove I was me so my account is lost forever or whatever. I could probably get it back if I tried hard enough but I just don't care. It's been disabled because I guess the bot was spamming people with virus-y links. So that sort of sucks but eh.

Groovy!

I'm on discord as Beastie. Shoot me a request and we'll hash out a plan.

I've had Minecraft on 360 and Xbone but I haven't played with friends so I'm stoked.

Beastie fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jun 19, 2017

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Echophonic posted:

Those are pretty solid. I like them almost as much as the Surge ones.

I took a look at those and I have a question about the Surge ones (joycon grips, since this is from a couple pages ago). The FastSnail ones have big looking SR and SL buttons, but the Surge ones don't. What makes them still better, just the way they feel in your hands or something? I'm probably going to bite on the FastSnail ones because they look like God's own controller, the GameCube.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

The Lobster posted:

Are... you OK?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

STARDEW WHEN, NINTENDO?

WHEN?!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I think anyone who isn't excited for Mario Odyssey at this point has no soul

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cave Story+ is out tomorrow, which is neat

Not sure if it's $30USD neat when you already own it on Steam tho..

Would have probably impulse purchased it at $15

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

If anyone cares I grabbed the neon yellow joycons from Target last night and they look sooo good. For whatever reason they don't translate to photos or even the box art. The real colors looks awesome in person.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

STARDEW WHEN, NINTENDO?

WHEN?!

It's launching on Switch with the Multiplayer, right...

The Multiplayer is made by Chucklefish, so never. The port is probably also made by them, so double never.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Augus posted:

I think anyone who isn't excited for Mario Odyssey at this point has no soul

We're going back to sandbox Mario which hasn't really been done since Sunshine.

Dunkey's E3 video explains it well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o8IcA66K9A&t=380s

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Beastie posted:

Groovy!

I'm on discord as Beastie. Shoot me a request and we'll hash out a plan.

I've had Minecraft on 360 and Xbone but I haven't played with friends so I'm stoked.

It says I need your four digit code or whatever to add you on Discord. I'm Lobster 9177.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Are... you OK?

:confused:

Kilometers Davis posted:

If anyone cares I grabbed the neon yellow joycons from Target last night and they look sooo good. For whatever reason they don't translate to photos or even the box art. The real colors looks awesome in person.

They look so bad in pictures and videos I just don't want to take the chance. Maybe if I saw them at a friend's house or something I would be tempted. As it is I'm happy with two blues but what I would really love is purple.

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jun 19, 2017

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The Lobster posted:

They look so bad in pictures and videos I just don't want to take the chance. Maybe if I saw them at a friend's house or something I would be tempted. As it is I'm happy with two blues but what I would really love is purple.

Purple or Metroid green would be 10/10. For real though these are killer. They have none of the pukey dingy look in person. They're beautifully matte and bright and they contrast the dark buttons in a pleasing way.

I'm sad joycons are so expensive but they're so nice looking. I wouldn't mind collecting some of my favorite variations.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Yeah they just barely managed to get me with the pro controller at $70. I want them yellow joy-cons a whole lot, and can even kind of justify it because I regularly do a lot of multiplayer poo poo, but the few times I've hovered over ordering them the price tag of near a hundred bucks when it's all said and done keep stopping me. It just feels a little too insane.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I bought an extra set of joy cons when I bought the system which is the only thing stopping me from buying the yellow ones now. When/if they ever get down to $50 for a pair I might buy yellow ones and one of whatever other color they have so I'll have four colors of each R/L side. Then I can mix and match them to my heart's content!

edit: having a second pair of joy cons means you can play 4-player Mario Kart, Puyo/Tetris, and I think Arms which is reason enough for me.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Twintelle for smash

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Joycons are far too expensive for what they are, doesn't stop me from wanting a yellow pair though

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.instagram.com/rabbidpeach/

What hath god wrought

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

a.lo posted:

Twintelle for smash

The Nintendo Switch is a family console

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

a.lo posted:

Helix for smash

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

PR Guy: Do you know what would be a really good idea?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Extra thicc is the pinnacle of memes

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Erk I'm flying to Melbourne for work shortly and my Switch managed to drain its while battery in my case

Lucky I noticed and have been charging it at the office, in my car and now in the lounge and it's at 39% so far. Hope that arms doesn't chew much battery.....

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Please play with motion controls in your crowded plane.

Also I hope your battery doesn't run out or else the cute girl in the next seat over won't be able to play Mario Kart with you.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The skin color around the mouth keeps making me think of Homer's five o' clock shadow. :byodame:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jun 19, 2017

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

It lasted most of the way

No motion controls though

No hooking up with cute women, although that may have been because there were none in the vicinity. Tests will continue on the next flight.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nintendo needs to release a dating app for finding other Switch owners called Switchr.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Joy-Cum

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Adult friend code finder

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

iajanus posted:

It lasted most of the way

No motion controls though

No hooking up with cute women, although that may have been because there were none in the vicinity. Tests will continue on the next flight.

If you haven't been to Melbourne before, go check out the bigass EB Games on Swanston St if you have time.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you haven't been to Melbourne before, go check out the bigass EB Games on Swanston St if you have time.

That's the best Melbourne has to offer? "You gotta check out dat eb games dog"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

EpicNemesis posted:

Well it's the Switch thread, after all :shrug:. Otherwise we've got the usual touristy things like the Melbourne Museum, Zoo and Aquarium.

Or the London Eye knockoff over in the Docklands, with a lovely view of the railyards and cargo docks, that frequently breaks down and closes for months at time.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

EpicNemesis posted:

drink a coffee
ride a tram
look at graffito walls

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I go to Melbourne pretty frequently, if for no other reason than to go to pax each year :).

Sadly my work this week is in the middle of loving nowhere so no fun in the interesting parts of town. Next time...

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

At the very least get a couple bloomin' onions

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I just spent 18 minutes listening to SupermetalDave talk about how 3rd party support for the Switch is dead because Capcom isn't putting Worlds on it. Is it really that big of a deal?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Considering Japan is getting a Switch port of XX and they're the biggest market while I don't anyone outside of the internet that knows what Monster Hunter is, I think that person is full of poo poo

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I just spent 18 minutes listening to SupermetalDave talk about how 3rd party support for the Switch is dead because Capcom isn't putting Worlds on it. Is it really that big of a deal?

Using Capcom for a benchmark for 3rd-party support hasn't been a good metric for over ten years now. Every Indie studio that can manage to port their game(s) to Switch either has done so or been quite vocal about planning to in either a digital, or even physical, release. The lower baseline hardware specs also mean the Switch is courting all those mid-tier studios that couldn't quite put together a 4K HD AAA title for the PS4 for budget reasons, but happily churned out decent titles on the Vita (along with PS4 ports of said titles for Western releases, I guess :v:).

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Jonas Albrecht posted:

No. For reference, Monster Hunter Generations sold 82% of their total sales in Japan alone, which is getting XX on Switch. It sucks for people like me but it's fine from a 3rd party perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The Switch was dead before it even launched.

• Locked thread