Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

GulagDolls posted:

is that the second or third level of the dungeon? my guess is that maybe its just messages left on the previous floor clipping through the ceiling

yeah, that might be. in Loran dungeons, if you fall off a bridge in one of those rooms w/ lots of them and land on a lower bridge then it'll give you the entrance title for that level, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
so i guess there are a few different transformations that a human can undergo, depending on the blood they get transfused with

cainhurst people tend to turn into gaunt pthumerian looking things, like the gargoyles, presumably from drinking blood from the chalice dungeons
loran infected blood turns you into a variety of werewolfy beasts, but it leads up to eventually becoming a darkbeast (like paarl) or one of the bigger gorilla type beasts
elder blood seems to send you along the path of the kin type enemies, leading up to something like rom
wherever the healing church got their blood from has caused the current beast plague, with the lanky werewolf style transformations, ending in something like ludwig
the forbidden forest villagers all have the snake type transformation, which you don't see anywhere else, but you can find snakes independently in hintercomb chalices
edit: oh, and the liquified students of bergenwyrth, as well as the fly people all seem to be an unique form of mutation

also, having just played through forbidden forest,

it's really cool how the people in the forest are afflicted with a different plague than the people of yharnham proper. i never realized it before this playthrough, but the way that the traps are set up it's like the forbidden forest villagers were expecting an invasion from yarnham, and have set up defenses against the beast plague (although there are a handful of werewolves in the area, it's mostly snake people). obviously the beggar got through their defenses, though.

sector_corrector fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 9, 2017

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

sector_corrector posted:

so i guess there are a few different transformations that a human can undergo, depending on the blood they get transfused with

my theory is the beast plague comes from clinics stepping on their product lol

like the church and mensis can get blood straight from their gods, so they don't beast out unless they're out hunting and rallying. the stuff josefka's guy gives you at the beginning is probly 95% recycled from feral dogs and werewolfs and you would've been hosed instantly if not for the messengers rescuing you

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

bloodborne is probably the best console video game ever made

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

bloodborne is probably the best console video game ever made

even better than [looks at shelf] GoldenEye 64????

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

SciFiDownBeat posted:

even better than [looks at shelf] GoldenEye 64????

Doesn't beat the part in mission 9 when bond got put in a sack and dragged to a hosed up prison guarded by pigs

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
That sounds like any given prison

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i killed undead giant 2 in one try. the whirligig is such a good weapon, lol.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

dont skimp on the shrimp posted:

Doesn't beat the part in mission 9 when bond got put in a sack and dragged to a hosed up prison guarded by pigs

micolash: for yharnam, james?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i found something i've never seen before in a chalice today. it's a boss arena with a gigantic bottomless pit in the center.

i tried to lure the abhorrent beast I fought there into it, but no luck.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i found something i've never seen before in a chalice today. it's a boss arena with a gigantic bottomless pit in the center.

I've done at least a hundred hours of chalice I've never seen that before. That's amazing

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

I've only ever seen this arena once, and it was with one of the Pthumerian bosses. Can't remember which: either the one with the shotel that splits apart in phase 2 or the one with the scythe.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
This game is so good y'all

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's awesome. It would have been cool to see a clip of t in action, or if you have the glyph I could play it

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

That's pretty spooky

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

nice .. the boss rush is out there

Dec 26, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

:pray:

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

sector_corrector posted:

I didn't really like the chalices, but it is Cool and Good that people are still finding new things in them, and if anyone ever discovers the mythical boss rush, I will gladly play the hell out of it.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

That's awesome. It would have been cool to see a clip of t in action, or if you have the glyph I could play it

4yb5u9fc

it's a Lower Pthumerian. that's the third level. i'd be curious, at least, to see if bosses can die of fall damage, but i couldn't get ab beast to play along.

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

I.N.R.I posted:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

brb

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

4yb5u9fc

it's a Lower Pthumerian. that's the third level. i'd be curious, at least, to see if bosses can die of fall damage, but i couldn't get ab beast to play along.

a vid of this would be cool, especially if anyone manages to get them to fall off

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i beat ludwig in two tries. not sure how much of that is getting better at the game, and how much is the whirligig being a loving monster of a weapon.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

both!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
something else i realized on this playthrough is that when you use the queenly flesh on the altar of despair, there's a trigger for a cutscene, but nothing plays. makes it seem like that was cut content...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

something else i realized on this playthrough is that when you use the queenly flesh on the altar of despair, there's a trigger for a cutscene, but nothing plays. makes it seem like that was cut content...

It definitely seems like there was a lot more planned with the Vilebloods. That covenant is basically completely pointless, you can revive her for no real reason, and there's that ring you can find and give her in the chalice dungeons that doesn't do anything.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
on the one hand, if this was on PC then people could probably find cut stuff on the disc through hex editing and hacking like they did for the previous games, but on the other hand BB is one of the few games out there where there's still a sense of mystery. i still want to know, though

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

If you beat the boss rush dungeon it unlocks the rest of the vileblood plotline

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the research hall is so, so good. is there another souls level that's vertical like that one is? dukes archives, maybe a little bit... maybe latria... sort of earthen peak. well, research hall is better than all of them.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Research hall is my favorite.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

the research hall is so, so good. is there another souls level that's vertical like that one is? dukes archives, maybe a little bit... maybe latria... sort of earthen peak. well, research hall is better than all of them.

i forget all the ds3 area names now but the dungeon/prison kinda feels like that too above fake/new izalith

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

3-2 is still my favorite Souls level ever

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

goferchan posted:

i forget all the ds3 area names now but the dungeon/prison kinda feels like that too above fake/new izalith

profaned capital, i think? that is a really fun area, and you do go up and down a lot.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

profaned capital, i think? that is a really fun area, and you do go up and down a lot.

I meant the prison before that but oh yeah profaned capital was cool. Although, and I usually hate it when people speculate out of their asses on things like this, but it felt kind of "unfinished" or at least underutilized because there wasn't a lot going on but the huge piles of gold and the high concentration of mimics (like aren't there 3 in one room all next to each other lol?) were super flavorful and I wish the zone were bigger/longer. Also it ends with the Yhorm fight which is some limp dicked gimmick poo poo and that was kind of a bummer. (altho the Sieg summon interaction is also really cooll, i just hate that the fight itself is a big joke once you figure out the trick)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

also RIP laddersmith gilligan. F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I just realized that when you shoot the Evelyn, you turn it sideways like a boss.