Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Kaldaris posted:

But things are dirt cheap and DPS queues (pre-Stormblood) were only like twenty minutes!

If this means I have to handhold mouthbreathers through dungeons, so be it.

DF is data center wide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

hobbesmaster posted:

DF is data center wide.
Duty Finder has been rock solid on Famfrit since about noon CDT today, and it's on the Primal data center.

My tiny FC finally finished Sohr Khai and Nidhogg 2.0 tonight.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/ba40572955f59e47351e8c1dc4d4432a781c3718

Begging people to transfer now.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

hobbesmaster posted:

DF is data center wide.

But the RP server has some of the best names.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Hoo boy, Susano is rough to heal with a bad co-healer :catstare: I was forced to honest heal and my MP was zeroed out pretty much constantly; I was all but begging for Ewers to come up.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

People on Excalibur like to RP too!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ciaphas posted:

How did they work that out, simulators or something?

i don't know the logistics sadly, but FFXIV's potency system is highly transparent now that the formulas for damage have mostly been discovered. there's obviously room for error, either in math or future discoveries, but everything I've seen since the 4.0 "nerfs" to rdm (relative to the ~april build) suggests the job sits comfortably in the middle of the pack... or the lower end if you ignore brd/mch who are both basically tied for last. which is fine, the class is super fun and SE has typically been okay with changing numbers (though rarely mechanics) during patches. plus like I said RDM is also really bursty so until AoE pulls become meta it's actually quite good in dungeons and world content!

e: and vercure/verraise are both strong for small group content, and Embolden is neat.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

super sweet best pal posted:

They must not have played MNK. Perfect Balance for 3x Greased Lightning at the start of combat.

Make Perfect Balance give an instant GL3 instead.

Sade posted:

The only way to generate kenki between 52 and 62 is hitting from the side with the two sen-granting single target actions.

Nope.

Genko is 5 from behind
Kasha is 5 from flank
Yukikaze is 5 without position requirements
Enpi is 5
Both AOE combos give 5(?) too on the 2nd hit, IIRC
Ageha gives 10, or 30 if you get the killing shot

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Allow me to introduce you to two of Lamia's denizens:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Zerilan posted:

So how's DRK this expansion? Thinking of raising a tank class eventually and my FC has both a PLD and WAR main but no DRKs.

opinions seem split between "new DRK is trash garbage, shat from a butt" and "new DRK is the best thing ever to happen in the history of video games," with very little in between

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Soothing Vapors posted:

opinions seem split between "new DRK is trash garbage, shat from a butt" and "new DRK is the best thing ever to happen in the history of video games," with very little in between

my DRK friend is sort of down on it right now, what are people in the latter camp saying makes it "the best thing ever"?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

I never raided or anything but my only impression so far with DRK is confusion - what are they trying to do with it?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

UHD posted:

Allow me to introduce you to two of Lamia's denizens:

Mist Opportunity for "Ascian Booty" imo.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Soothing Vapors posted:

same but literally every job, except for paladin, which everyone seems to agree owns.

really all jobs are fine and people are babbys

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

My only big complaint about Stormblood DRK is that the blood gauge is used for three whole abilities and only above level 60, whereas the other tanks' gauges don't feel quite as tacked-on.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Countblanc posted:

i don't know the logistics sadly, but FFXIV's potency system is highly transparent now that the formulas for damage have mostly been discovered. there's obviously room for error, either in math or future discoveries, but everything I've seen since the 4.0 "nerfs" to rdm (relative to the ~april build) suggests the job sits comfortably in the middle of the pack... or the lower end if you ignore brd/mch who are both basically tied for last. which is fine, the class is super fun and SE has typically been okay with changing numbers (though rarely mechanics) during patches. plus like I said RDM is also really bursty so until AoE pulls become meta it's actually quite good in dungeons and world content!

e: and vercure/verraise are both strong for small group content, and Embolden is neat.

Interesting, thanks. I guess middle of the pack works fine for me, I'm never pushing Savage or day one EXes anyway. Plus RDM is of course fun as heck.

It doesn't help, however, that I just got outdone by a SAM in similar gear to my RDM in The Sirensong Sea to the tune of 150 or so DPS. Not important I know but my numbers :arghfist::saddowns:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I haven't gotten to play with the changes yet, but my big annoyance with 4.0 MNK is that we didn't get any new punch buttons! All of our new skills are just buffs! The new stuff includes some drat nice QoL changes, but the lack of any new sweet stuff to hit people with is really sad.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

YellerBill posted:

My only big complaint about Stormblood DRK is that the blood gauge is used for three whole abilities and only above level 60, whereas the other tanks' gauges don't feel quite as tacked-on.

PLD Oath Gauge is only used for two and to be honest feels like it was added just so PLDs could have a UI element.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
waiting 30 minutes for a MSQ duty to pop and then getting a 90k error seems to be my cue to go the heck to bed!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I think the servers catching fire is almost worth it for the lag spikes instantly followed by a hundred messages of people panicking flooding into my chat log all at once. :lol:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

It doesn't help, however, that I just got outdone by a SAM in similar gear to my RDM in The Sirensong Sea to the tune of 150 or so DPS. Not important I know but my numbers :arghfist::saddowns:

Isn't that kind of literally SAM's thing? They have like zero other utility or party aid whatsoever. RDM can cure, raise, buff, etc.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

ApplesandOranges posted:

PLD Oath Gauge is only used for two and to be honest feels like it was added just so PLDs could have a UI element.

Really? I take that back, I assumed PLD got the WAR treatment where a bunch of moves got shifted over to the gauge instead of using existing resources but I guess PLD and DRK are both in the "gauge for gauge's sake" camp

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hi, can we talk about how loving stupid it was to change tank AP back to 100% strength AND make jewelry locked by role? Because it's really loving stupid. It makes it so that good tanks will want to keep a set of 270 slaying jewelry (which is still all classes) because it's still best for dps. And they'll keep them either until the substats on fending jewelry outweighs the old slaying jewelry, or until they're getting one-shot through cooldowns.

Or, most likely, until SE goes back and makes all jewelry role-locked.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

YellerBill posted:

Really? I take that back, I assumed PLD got the WAR treatment where a bunch of moves got shifted over to the gauge instead of using existing resources but I guess PLD and DRK are both in the "gauge for gauge's sake" camp

The only move that got shifted was Sheltron (costs 50 gauge, now has a 5s CD instead of 30s).

The new gauge move is Intervention (level 62, gives one party member 10% DR + half of Rampart/Sentinel if you have it active).

The funny thing is that Rampart isn't even native to PLD anymore, it's a Role Action. I mean you'll take it anyway because tanks don't have that many options there, but it (and the other three old GLA moves that got shifted to Role Actions) are untraited, which is a slight nerf to PLDs.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jun 19, 2017

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
also, the warrior beast gauge is used for a lot of stuff but it's also just an abstraction of something we already had.

Fister Roboto posted:

Hi, can we talk about how loving stupid it was to change tank AP back to 100% strength AND make jewelry locked by role? Because it's really loving stupid. It makes it so that good tanks will want to keep a set of 270 slaying jewelry (which is still all classes) because it's still best for dps. And they'll keep them either until the substats on fending jewelry outweighs the old slaying jewelry, or until they're getting one-shot through cooldowns.

do we already know the tank damage weights?

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

also, the warrior beast gauge is used for a lot of stuff but it's also just an abstraction of something we already had.

My opinion on the WAR gauge is "at least there being a gauge for it makes sense" as opposed to DRK and apparently PLD getting gauges for the sake of having a HUD element because All Classes Must Have A Job Gauge

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Fister Roboto posted:

Did they really? What? :psyduck:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Fister Roboto posted:

Given the damage I've seen tanks taking from healing as a scholar, it's still going to be better to have VIT. It feels a lot like they decided to solve the tank/healer dps issue by making it so tanks and healers have to actually invest time and stats into being able to tank and heal, and that's probably a good thing.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Coughing Hobo posted:

Did they really? What? :psyduck:

Its due to the changes to weakness.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Hoo boy, Susano is rough to heal with a bad co-healer :catstare: I was forced to honest heal and my MP was zeroed out pretty much constantly; I was all but begging for Ewers to come up.

Meanwhile I'm just sitting here spamming Cure III like it's got no mana cost or something (thanks thin air) and spamming so much assize it should be illegal. My co-healer never had a chance to heal because I pre cast cure III for every stack/tankbuster and couldn't run myself out of mana.

If he holds up like that in Extreme, I'm gonna have a blast carrying groups soon :v:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the best part of that post is where you say good tanks would be so frothing mad at the mouth for like 300 extra damage on their fell cleaves that they would literally die for it, which seems to be way less a thing actual good tanks would do and more like what an OF poster thought about 2.55 strength tanks

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Given the damage I've seen tanks taking from healing as a scholar, it's still going to be better to have VIT. It feels a lot like they decided to solve the tank/healer dps issue by making it so tanks and healers have to actually invest time and stats into being able to tank and heal, and that's probably a good thing.

Part of that problem is that they kinda nerfed actually tanking a bit (at least for PLDs); we no longer have Foresight, and Rampart/Convalescence/Awareness are untraited now. My guess is you're supposed to help back it up by self-healing with Clemency more, especially with Royal Authority now comboing off Riot Blade, but I do feel slightly less sturdy.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Another big problem is that it really fucks over tanks in solo content.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I'm surprised. I've only saw one person running around with a Kill Bill glamour. I figured there would be tons of "The Bride" running around. Or an army of potato Crazy 88s.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I really wish RDM had a bit more depth/complexity to their rotation. Something like an additional effect to Fire/Stone that would make actually stacking Black or White mana to the detriment of Balance compelling would have been great. Like, get extra damage up from +30 to +50 mana disparity then immediately dump it to get back to balance, or something like that, like MCH's cooldown mechanic.

RDM right now feels really simplistic.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Part of that problem is that they kinda nerfed actually tanking a bit (at least for PLDs); we no longer have Foresight, and Rampart/Convalescence/Awareness are untraited now. My guess is you're supposed to help back it up by self-healing with Clemency more, especially with Royal Authority now comboing off Riot Blade, but I do feel slightly less sturdy.

PLDs were already tanky as gently caress before. Their problem was that was all they had to offer, so nobody gave a poo poo and took warriors/dark knights instead because THE META. Seems more like they were just brought back down to baseline survivability with the other tanks. Especially considering you can block magic damage now, that's pretty big. Also, I'm commenting on tanks in general. I've done a few different instances with both PLD and WAR, and they're both a lot more squish than I'm used to, although part of that is nobody can completely outgear the content anymore.

I also have no idea if those tanks were just poo poo or something, but I doubt it. It fits with everything they changed about healers (being able to sneak in damage GCDs without issues now, increased healing potency across the board, nerfs to healer aoe dps, except WHM, which I'd bet money is going to happen and was an oversight) that tanks are also generally squishier and have to actually allocate stats to not getting hosed. The emphasis for both of them was taken a little bit away from "basically a DPS" but we couldn't tell it would happen to tanks before because we didn't know how hard things would hit in SB.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

As a Paladin main I'm still doing basically the same things for dungeons/instances as I was in Heavensward, the buttons I press are just slightly different.

The primary difference I notice is I have to go to my enmity combo much more frequently now compared to before, which is essentially an effective dps loss. That's about it.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
What the heck is the duty finder icon even supposed to be?? I only see a welders mask

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
please also consider the fact like eighty five percent of tanks pop literally no cooldowns and think it makes them a better tank for doing so

like, for every honest healer I've had tanking, I've had five bumbling dipshit tanks while healing who would rather see me go oom every pull than to even have a cooldown on their hotbar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I am enjoying being a squishier tank. Being a WAR with high dps numbers was fun but I would rather have actual ranking being challenging instead of tanking being easy and I need to get all of my challenge from squeezing out damage.