Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

AzureSkye posted:

merging him should change his sprite to be a swarm of legions sharing a square imo

They're...eh. Any 5*?

No, should I just keep restarting till I get a 5*?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Womyn Capote posted:

No, should I just keep restarting till I get a 5*?

Reroll until you get 5 star Reinhardt. Seriously, he is the best unit in the game.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
If you're gonna care enough about pulls to restart you may as well go for a 5*, yeah. Of the banners that are up right now Reinhardt is a blue cavalry mage on the vantage banner and is a very good unit. The tempest banner focuses are generally good. I haven't looked into the Echoes of Mystery banner in terms of actually using the characters for something other than passing skills so I couldn't really say for that one.

Ultimately just pick a banner with characters you like and give it a go.

Once you pull a 5* you can check to see what their boon and bane are on a checker like this one. Whats good or not can vary by character but generally +atk or +spd are good ones.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I'm not sure I'd go so greedy as "restart until you get exactly Rein" but I would definitely restart until you get a 5 star, it really gives you a direction and makes the middle levels much easier

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You get like almost 30 orbs before even doing the first mission right now. It's never been a better time to start new and get that Reinhardt with minimum effort.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

You get like almost 30 orbs before even doing the first mission right now. It's never been a better time to start new and get that Reinhardt with minimum effort.

It might still take like 10 hours

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
Well he had to upgrade to 4*, but Mkv has completed infernal.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

AzureSkye posted:

Well he had to upgrade to 4*, but Mkv has completed infernal.

I remember someone in the thread wanted to see it done with no dancer too. Well, I guess here it is

that was impressive as hell and lol at obstruct actually doing something

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Elyv posted:

I'm not sure I'd go so greedy as "restart until you get exactly Rein" but I would definitely restart until you get a 5 star, it really gives you a direction and makes the middle levels much easier

I would, given he's a banner unit.

No way I'd do it if he wasn't.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Elyv posted:

I remember someone in the thread wanted to see it done with no dancer too. Well, I guess here it is

that was impressive as hell and lol at obstruct actually doing something

That was almost my exact team too, just swap Robin for Elise. Well that and I had a bunch of skill inheritance and two 5*s (Stahl and Elise).

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/fe_heroes_jp/status/876622831085207553

Next set of bonus units:
Katarina
Rody
Athena
Luke
Camus
Hinoka
Jakob
Stahl
Lissa
Anna

Ooh, nice set. I can use either Hinoka or Stahl here.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jun 19, 2017

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Well this is not a great thing to see upon opening the app:

I have no idea how this could've happened short of me somehow butt-dialing a full account wipe. I'm really devastated, and already shot support an email, but I'm not really sure if they'll be much help.

Looks like this is probably it for me guys. :smith:

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jun 19, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

I have no idea how this could've happened short of me somehow butt-dialing a full account wipe. I'm really devastated, and already shot support an email, but I'm not really sure if they'll be much help.

Did you not link your nintendo account for some reason?

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Andrast posted:

Did you not link your nintendo account for some reason?

My account was definitely linked and the wipe seems tied to it, since opening it on my iPad gave me the exact same error.

Edit: Reinstalling and trying to link my ID treats it like a completely new start, complete with inputting my character name, so I'm pretty sure I'm screwed.

vvv First thing I did as soon as this is went down. Guess I've got nothing to do but wait for them to get back to me.

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jun 19, 2017

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Contact tech support? Maybe they can help?

E: oh you mentioned that :downs:

Elyv fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jun 19, 2017

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/876622831085207553

Bonus Units are out

Guess I'll use Anna, with Reinhardt and Olivia, but I'm torn between Nino and Tharja. Nino is more useful overall but Tharja is better for dealing with Hector (TA3 Olivia can handle him too, but requires to take out all other units and force him into a position where he can only attack her). I'll probably go Nino. I also have a Katarina, but she's a bad nature and I haven't leveled her at all because Tempest is taking up all my stamina

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Centzon Totochtin posted:

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/876622831085207553

Bonus Units are out

Guess I'll use Anna, with Reinhardt and Olivia, but I'm torn between Nino and Tharja. Nino is more useful overall but Tharja is better for dealing with Hector (TA3 Olivia can handle him too, but requires to take out all other units and force him into a position where he can only attack her). I'll probably go Nino. I also have a Katarina, but she's a bad nature and I haven't leveled her at all because Tempest is taking up all my stamina

Hector shouldn't be an issue since armored units only have one move and TA3 Olivia ORKOs him. Go with nino.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Honestly I don't think I'll make it to Tier 20 anyway next week so I don't think it matters

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
this Legion map is so annoying. I kill one of them and then four units spawns. That's dumb.

I want more contents for the newbies. :(

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

My account was definitely linked and the wipe seems tied to it, since opening it on my iPad gave me the exact same error.

Edit: Reinstalling and trying to link my ID treats it like a completely new start, complete with inputting my character name, so I'm pretty sure I'm screwed.

vvv First thing I did as soon as this is went down. Guess I've got nothing to do but wait for them to get back to me.
Hmm I'd probably be worried about your actual Nintendo account. I know there's a delete feature in the web page but I'm not sure what exactly it does.

lovely

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I think I'm gonna make 4* level 40ing the starters my next project, because I don't have any of the bonus characters this week in any kind of usable state. Gonna suck not being able to use Olivia. :smith:

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

So I tried the MKV strategy for the infernal GHB but my Cecilia is -def so I gave Stahl Hone Def 2 to make her defense equal to what it is in the video. She still got one round killed. Do specials ignore bonuses or do hone skills not stack with goad skills?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

So I originally wasn't going to roll on any of these banners because while Rein is great and all I already have a bunch of powerful mage based comps and a 4 star rein to eventually 5 star so do I really need him anyway? Then I decided what the hell, best character in the game, may as well try to save me the 20k feathers, god knows I have enough things to do with feathers already. Pull on the banner, get a +atk/-def Rein on my first pull, showing my incredible skill at the game

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Akett posted:

So I tried the MKV strategy for the infernal GHB but my Cecilia is -def so I gave Stahl Hone Def 2 to make her defense equal to what it is in the video. She still got one round killed. Do specials ignore bonuses or do hone skills not stack with goad skills?

I haven't watched the video but maybe it's because Legion's axe has a Panic effect? One of the Legions has a Panic Ploy skill, too.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Elyv posted:

So I originally wasn't going to roll on any of these banners because while Rein is great and all I already have a bunch of powerful mage based comps and a 4 star rein to eventually 5 star so do I really need him anyway? Then I decided what the hell, best character in the game, may as well try to save me the 20k feathers, god knows I have enough things to do with feathers already. Pull on the banner, get a +atk/-def Rein on my first pull, showing my incredible skill at the game

lol I was shaking my fist at you, then did literally the exact same thing. Time to melt old Reinhardt I suppose. Who likes having Vantage? Or should I just merge?

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Oh god, this sounds awful. I hope it gets sorted out :(

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

FartingBedpost posted:

lol I was shaking my fist at you, then did literally the exact same thing. Time to melt old Reinhardt I suppose. Who likes having Vantage? Or should I just merge?

Merge (or inherit Goad but you can use camus for that)

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

I haven't watched the video but maybe it's because Legion's axe has a Panic effect? One of the Legions has a Panic Ploy skill, too.

Legion doesn't even get a chance to hit anybody, she's getting killed by the archer in the top part of the map and it's the only damage she needs to take.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Does she have Gronnraven equipped, is she 4*, and is she getting the spur def 1 bonus from one of the other units?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Had Gronnblade equipped. I sometimes forget triangle advantage is also a defense bonus. Thanks!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Burnt out on tempest trials at around 20k.

Goddamn that mode is stupid. I can usually perfect it with the A team, but it's just so goddamn long.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Of course that Sakura guy cleared Infernal with a full Sakura team.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

I wasn't even aware this person existed and I'm not quite sure how to feel about all this

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

A Bystander posted:

I wasn't even aware this person existed and I'm not quite sure how to feel about all this

It's good

He's being the change he wants to see in the world

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
He also gives his Sakuras amusing names each time

This time they're "The usual Sakura", "Thunder God Sakura", "Wind God Sakura", and one I can't figure out that I suspect is a meme or reference (it's hakanage Sakura if someone knows what that means).

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Legion Lunatic and Infernal are giving me a huge gently caress. I feel like I'm being punished for upgrading my units.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

Legion Lunatic and Infernal are giving me a huge gently caress. I feel like I'm being punished for upgrading my units.

What do you mean exactly? It's not like the legion map would be any easier with worse units.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Andrast posted:

What do you mean exactly? It's not like the legion map would be any easier with worse units.

It seems it would, as reinforcements are keyed to Legions dying! If they kamikaze into my mans too hard, (IE, Xander) or I've upgraded some of the units in the guide (My Cecilia is 4+7, my Felicia is 4+6), it means I kill them slightly too efficiently to avoid an excess of adds.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
You could just kite them around or equip worse weapons.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Yeah, it's probably DOABLE. It's just incredibly frustrating. I don't think I have the patience for it between this and Tempest Trials, and Legion's not good enough to warrant me becoming vexed over my work pooping anime warriors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Holy poo poo legion infernal.

Yes, here's a green axe unit that has a OHKO against a loving Ryoma.