Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Fister Roboto posted:

What exactly are any of Trump's policies beyond "undo everything Obama did"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Panty Saluter posted:

how exactly was obama cozying up to the castros rather than trying to help the cuban people?

Had a position other than "Nuke them off the face of the earth because they said nice things about the USSR 50 years ago".

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mike Lester truly is the worst.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

What exactly is Trump's Cuban policy beyond "undo everything Obama did"?
Trump has no agenda: he's a idiot rich heir who does whatever the people hired to think for him say. I'm sure if you sat down and flattered him enough you could convince him to enact the exact opposite of his current administration provided you promise it'll make him popular. If Trump has one agenda, it's anything to benefit Trump. That means doing whatever his allies say, but remember that he's an idiot and has no idea what he's doing. So everything is executed in the most blunt and reckless way possible, which means you get to see the GOP's disdain for everyone as plainly as you're ever going to.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I mean yeah.

But the comic seems to imply that there's more to it, like he's going to support Cuban immigrants or something. If the comic was accurate Uncle Sam would be giving the Cuban family the finger, or maybe reporting them to ICE.

Lurdiak posted:

Mike Lester truly is the worst.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

It turns out that when businesses fly in the face of the civil rights act, they get told to SHUT THE gently caress UP

Who knew?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I like how Carmen and Winslow clambering over rocks reinforces the central theme of utter pointlessness.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

This one doesn't make me angry, but it's dead wrong. The GOP sees Trump as a golden opportunity to ram through ever one of their poo poo eating ghoul agendas.

Trump's not the head of the GOP snake, he's the rattle.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Donald Trump is exactly the kind of rear end in a top hat that would light up a cigar, then go out of his way to blow it in the faces of a family (including their children). AGC.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

This poo poo just reminds me of Lester's lovely "Plucky Rush Limbaugh" Norman Rockwell bastardization because of the cigar.

You don't loving smoke a cigar like that, you hack

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Dork457 posted:

This poo poo just reminds me of Lester's lovely "Plucky Rush Limbaugh" Norman Rockwell bastardization because of the cigar.

You don't loving smoke a cigar like that, you hack
What issue was this where Rush was protected by Lib. Media, the NFL and True Racism?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Trapezium Dave posted:

What issue was this where Rush was protected by Lib. Media, the NFL and True Racism?

In 2003, Limbaugh was briefly an NFL commentator for ESPN, before he got fired for saying that Donovan McNabb was only being praised by the media because of political correctness. Fast forward to 2009 when Limbaugh gets dropped from a group trying to buy the Rams, because of his previous racist comments. Mike Lester is a big enough idiot and ignorant enough of history that he interprets the US marshals in "The Problem We All Live With" as being against the little black girl and he shits out this comic.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Pants Donkey posted:

Trump has no agenda: he's a idiot rich heir who does whatever the people hired to think for him say. I'm sure if you sat down and flattered him enough you could convince him to enact the exact opposite of his current administration provided you promise it'll make him popular. If Trump has one agenda, it's anything to benefit Trump. That means doing whatever his allies say, but remember that he's an idiot and has no idea what he's doing. So everything is executed in the most blunt and reckless way possible, which means you get to see the GOP's disdain for everyone as plainly as you're ever going to.

That's not true, Rorus. Trump wants to dismantle Obama's work for his own reasons: specifically, because he hates black people. And all other non-whites, of course, but especially black people. That he reflects the disdain of the GOP is convenient, but he definitely does it for himself. The GOP let him because he's a useful idiot that they can blame for their own excess.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Who is she anyway? I must have completely missed when she was introduced as a character, not that I had been paying perfect attention.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Jedit posted:

That's not true, Rorus. Trump wants to dismantle Obama's work for his own reasons: specifically, because he hates black people. And all other non-whites, of course, but especially black people. That he reflects the disdain of the GOP is convenient, but he definitely does it for himself. The GOP let him because he's a useful idiot that they can blame for their own excess.
He absolutely hates black people (I mean, remember Papa Trump) but I think he'd pay lip service to PoCs if he thought it'd get him anything. I guess what I'm saying is that he has no strong convictions besides "I'm the best."

Also besides Obama being black, he's a more popular president than Trump, and that's an enormous chip on Trump's shoulder.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Who is she anyway? I must have completely missed when she was introduced as a character, not that I had been paying perfect attention.

The (former) web editor at the gossip rag where Zelda was working who is also in a lesbian relationship with Zelda's friend Tove. The guy is their mutual gay friend who used to be Zelda's roommate.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

She's Zelda's friend's girlfriend.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Pants Donkey posted:

He absolutely hates black people (I mean, remember Papa Trump) but I think he'd pay lip service to PoCs if he thought it'd get him anything. I guess what I'm saying is that he has no strong convictions besides "I'm the best."

Also besides Obama being black, he's a more popular president than Trump, and that's an enormous chip on Trump's shoulder.

For as low as my expectations were for Trump as president, I was still surprised that he threw a twitter tantrum about his inauguration crowd size and just lied about it being bigger than Obama's. I genuinely thought he wasn't that petty or childish.

I can't wait for the documentaries that will be made years from now where a narrator dispassionately reads those tweets.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Lurdiak posted:

I can't wait for the documentaries that will be made years from now where a narrator dispassionately reads those tweets.
I wonder what music and what visual filter will be used for them? The normal threatening gloomy music + grainy black and white doesn't seem quite appropriate for how weird they are.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

I wonder what music and what visual filter will be used for them? The normal threatening gloomy music + grainy black and white doesn't seem quite appropriate for how weird they are.

I would favor the extremely neutral-sounding tone used for one of my favorite lines in a documentary work ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXRE_7HzLEQ&t=96s

overlaid with footage obviously disproving every statement of the tweets. Perhaps include an old man in tacky clothes shielding his eyes from the sun, that's always a winner.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
If the future is improved over current

https://youtu.be/cMXMWUEZ0mA with footage disproving every tweet and a completely monotone reading could work.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Lurdiak posted:

For as low as my expectations were for Trump as president, I was still surprised that he threw a twitter tantrum about his inauguration crowd size and just lied about it being bigger than Obama's...

I think the really jarring thing is that there are people who loving believe him and are convinced that this was actually the case.

The art of mental gymnastics and cognitive dissonance has grown by loving leaps and bounds in a very short span of time.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

What does a "Quran-shape" look like? A book?? Like a rectangle???? Like 99.9% of baked cakes?????

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

MageMage posted:

What does a "Quran-shape" look like? A book?? Like a rectangle???? Like 99.9% of baked cakes?????

it's against my religion to make a rectangular cake

that's right
i'm a moron

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

This is a terrible metaphor. It took me a bit to figure out what aspect of Dr Strangelove it was referring to before I clocked it's just using it as a symbol for the cold war. And maybe saying that Hillary's sick, which maybe shouldn't be used as a stick to beat her with.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

MageMage posted:

You're missing the bigger picture here.
A white person was cruelly forced to accept standard legal currency from brown people in exchange for providing the same goods and services that he offers to everyone else in his place of business.
Can you imagine the horror of being paid to do your job as advertised?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

MissEchelon posted:

it's against my religion to make a rectangular cake
Ten inch double-decker circle cake or death

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I'm going through a backlog but it doesn't look like anyone commented on this so I'll say it anyway: There's no one in the driver's seat of the Trump Agenda, A Good Cartoon

(I'm assuming Varvel's intention was "loving dems get out of the way and stop obstructing!!!!" but it's conceivable that it's intentional)

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

MageMage posted:

The majority of cakes are round :colbert:

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Pants Donkey posted:

I mean, in this particular case he blundered into a cynically advantageous move for the Republicans, since the Cuban-American population, especially in Florida, despise that Obama tried to thaw relations with Cuba and Strongly Approve of Trump's rollback of that policy.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

The majority of cakes are round :colbert:

Between plain circle and plain rectangle you probably have nearly 100% of cakes

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

GOOD TIMING

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Fister Roboto posted:

What exactly is Trump's Cuban policy beyond "undo everything Obama did"?

nothing. also the same for every other policy

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Abyssal Squid posted:

I'm going through a backlog but it doesn't look like anyone commented on this so I'll say it anyway: There's no one in the driver's seat of the Trump Agenda, A Good Cartoon

(I'm assuming Varvel's intention was "loving dems get out of the way and stop obstructing!!!!" but it's conceivable that it's intentional)

Also the elephant being too incompetent to know how to properly operate something

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mr. Squishy posted:

This is a terrible metaphor. It took me a bit to figure out what aspect of Dr Strangelove it was referring to before I clocked it's just using it as a symbol for the cold war. And maybe saying that Hillary's sick, which maybe shouldn't be used as a stick to beat her with.
Her campaign was a victim of a coordinated and weaponized Russian effort by the government, which they didn't tell anyone about until it was too late to prevent the end of the world. Payne really did a U-turn on that one. AGC.

(yes, I know)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/Obamadore/status/876289159215841280

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Hot drat, Ramirez sucks at caricature. Like, yeah, that's a wrinkly gremlin with goofy ears, but somehow it still doesn't look like Sessions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrH3XiMR3KA

• Locked thread