Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Baloogan posted:

oh poo poo if ur still at the naming screen

Theresa May

im not but ill edit it back in later

deffo gonna make sure the horses join the cult too, so they can live for a long time with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
also to be totally clear here: the horse DOES have the attractive trait (no joke)

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

gently caress you for not naming it Theresa Neigh

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

FAUXTON posted:

Theresa Neigh

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
another throwaway similarity between backprop and belief prop: look at the outer product that the delta * input dealio looks to be. there's a v. similar but "deep" outer product in one of the semantics of the (factor graph, normal factor graph, not Forney poo poo) first belief prop stage, I think? maybe

i mean, it's got a cached element being multiplied with some input poo poo in both of them

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

FAUXTON posted:

gently caress you for not naming it Theresa Neigh

will do

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
fun fact about neural nets: google ships an O(r n^2) vers but there's like 15 O(r n log n) versions where r is num layers (O(5-200)) and n is num neurons (O(100 - 5000))

just... none of them do gpu so it's all poo poo

if you designed an algorithm to be poo poo for gpu, hashnet would be that algorithm
same deal with fastfood

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

curufinor posted:

another throwaway similarity between backprop and belief prop: look at the outer product that the delta * input dealio looks to be. there's a v. similar but "deep" outer product in one of the semantics of the (factor graph, normal factor graph, not Forney poo poo) first belief prop stage, I think? maybe

i mean, it's got a cached element being multiplied with some input poo poo in both of them

back when i was a sewer inspector we would use SLAM with our lidar and inertial nav and using feature detection with our cameras and brought it all into a big ol kalman filter to estimate our state and map the pipe everyone does complicated poo poo

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Was on a flight back home from a wedding last night and some college kid in the row behind me was talking about how England is going to undergo civil war and split into two countries "in the next year or two" lol that we're not the only country having this conversation right now (even if it's not happening in either case)

I wanted to compliment him for his hot take but the AC in the plane was busted so it was already hot as gently caress in there :downsrim:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
used a support vector machine to process the features detected by the camera

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
climb down a 100 ft down into the underworld and use AI there

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

Baloogan posted:

back when i was a sewer inspector we would use SLAM with our lidar and inertial nav and using feature detection with our cameras and brought it all into a big ol kalman filter to estimate our state and map the pipe everyone does complicated poo poo

kalman is linear filter

we are a long way from linearity here, and this would be far too computationally intense to use for SLAM except for non-time-sensitive poo poo like sewers

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

Baloogan posted:

used a support vector machine to process the features detected by the camera

I met the great vapnik once

he huffed too drat many of his own farts

this is why they aren't paying him beaucoup bucks at google

also his spoken english is pretty poo poo

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
see through non newtonian fluids with sonar using deep forests

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
like, he basically defined machine learning as "doing SVMs"

lol no

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
you're listing a long list of poo poo that gets its clock loving cleaned by deep net or xdgboost here friendo

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
you might be shocked when you poke your head out of academia and notice p much everyone is using AI/automation techniques in some fashion at this point

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
IRL the focus is on practical AI, how can u use AI to make MONEY TODAY. aside from think tanks at amazon google etc with deep pockets

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

Baloogan posted:

you might be shocked when you poke your head out of academia and notice p much everyone is using AI/automation techniques in some fashion at this point

actually not an academic, I've implemented every single drat thing we've had a discussion about for money

it's just that the techniques you're using, some of them were invented in the 60's and they suck balls
whereas I'm talking that great 70's techniques and they..... they good

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
but hey im just a sewer inspector

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

Baloogan posted:

IRL the focus is on practical AI, how can u use AI to make MONEY TODAY. aside from think tanks at amazon google etc with deep pockets

lol i think both backprop and belief prop may be older than you

when were you born mr duck

edit: i've taught 15 year olds to use xdgboost and convnet

it ain't that hard

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

curufinor posted:

lol i think both backprop and belief prop may be older than you

when were you born mr duck
lol i don't play that youth game, im no silicon valley fuckhole

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Haha what is this boring poo poo?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Where's our tweet trump?

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

Baloogan posted:

lol i don't play that youth game, im no silicon valley fuckhole

35 is young?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Haha what is this boring poo poo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufcPyZR-SAs

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
I mean, hats off to whoever you are for getting Baloogan caremad about something.

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

curufinor posted:

35 is young?

its the new 25, i insist as i slowly march towards certain death.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sweet!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

I did a thing posted:

its the new 25, i insist as i slowly march towards certain death.

Look at this poor who's gonna actually die :smuggo:

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
so jeb! has cancer, and can't get his diarrhea-ridden wife pregnant lol

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I mean, hats off to whoever you are for getting Baloogan caremad about something.
lol i care about three things fuckin truckin and applications of what should be called applied statistics

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

:agreed:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
and anime

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

curufinor posted:

35 is young?

(gonna clarify that belief propagation is 35, not me)

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

JosefStalinator posted:

so jeb! has cancer, and can't get his diarrhea-ridden wife pregnant lol

i know what she looks like

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

too late for trumptweets I think. White supremacist attacks are like a meteorologic high pressure zone for those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jeb! must be some sort of universal killing word

Please tell me that in addition to the gormless patheticness of Jeb Prime, he has the hare-brained sociopathy

• Locked thread