Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

If I didn't own a PS4, I'd be way more salty about the prospect of non-Japanese speakers not getting a single Monster Hunter game on the Switch. As it stands, I'm just a little salty.

Actually Worlds didn't even look that hot to me. Looked too deviant. Maybe that'll turn out to be a good thing, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Switch was dead before the Wii U even launched

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Look, we all know how the cycle of third party support goes when Nintendo releases a new console. Pre-launch, they all pledge undying love and support for Nintendo. One or two actually deliver something the first year or two. Nobody buys those games. The others use that excuse to cancel development of anything in the works. 3rd party support dries up...

Will the Switch break the cycle? gently caress if I know, but probably not.

Stick with Nintendo games and all the good Indy titles already out and forthcoming.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The Switch will get the Vita development studios and break the cycle but the sacrifice is to become a waifu machine :nyoron:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
My prediction is the cycle will continue for the big name third parties as usual, but indies and smaller third parties will thrive on the Switch.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cartoon Man posted:

Look, we all know how the cycle of third party support goes when Nintendo releases a new console. Pre-launch, they all pledge undying love and support for Nintendo. One or two actually deliver something the first year or two. Nobody buys those games. The others use that excuse to cancel development of anything in the works. 3rd party support dries up...

Stick with Nintendo games and all the good Indy titles already out and forthcoming.

The Switch is reputedly not an absolute nightmare to code for, unlike the WiiU. No streaming to a second screen or insane hardware, just a nice simple nVidia Tegra processor.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jun 19, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cartoon Man posted:

Bomberman at the least was the best selling Bomberman game in 20 years.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm gonna import MonHun XX for Switch from Japan and Capcom can't stop me!!!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'm gonna import MonHun XX for Switch from Japan and Capcom can't stop me!!!

Stick it to the man!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Please pray for me as I stumble over the most basic hiranga in Duolingo

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The Lobster posted:

It says I need your four digit code or whatever to add you on Discord. I'm Lobster 9177.

You should have a request from me. Hit me up, I don't know what kind of time I have this week but if you see me playing send a chat.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I just spent 18 minutes listening to SupermetalDave

lol

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/DavideSoliani/status/876746995037331457

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

He's been pretty entertaining after betting it all that Eurogamer was wrong, that Nintendo was really making their own version of the PS4, that all Real True Nintendo fans from the 80s know what's up.

Then he lost his loving mind.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Please dont rely on Nintendo consoles for more than nintendo games guys. Youve had since like 96 to learn this. If they come out, great, if they dont come out all your tears lost in rain.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Nobody knows where you are,
How near or how far...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anidav posted:

The Switch will get the Vita development studios and break the cycle but the sacrifice is to become a waifu machine :nyoron:

The best of both worlds

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I have far more non Nintendo games on Switch than Nintendo games. It's just things like Tumbleseed, Bomberman, Snakepass, Puyo Tetris, Blaster Master, Mighty Gunvolt, I am Setsuna, Mr Shifty, Voez, Shantae, Wonderboy, Minecraft, Shovel Knight, Kamiko, Graceful Explosion Machine, World of Goo, and Turf Masters don't "count" because they are cheap or old. Personally I don't care, I have hundreds of hours of playtime between them.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I have far more non Nintendo games on Switch than Nintendo games. It's just things like Tumbleseed, Bomberman, Snakepass, Puyo Tetris, Blaster Master, Mighty Gunvolt, I am Setsuna, Mr Shifty, Voez, Shantae, Wonderboy, Minecraft, Shovel Knight, Kamiko, Graceful Explosion Machine, World of Goo, and Turf Masters don't "count" because they are cheap or old. Personally I don't care, I have hundreds of hours of playtime between them.

Hundreds? get back to me when your Switch is at thousands.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm hoping the switches immense popularity overpowers devs reluctance to release games for it

Remember that the Wii was similarly insanely popular and it got two then-current COD games.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Switch is gonna have its own ecosystem. I know Nintendo wants every big title they can get, but that's not really on the horizon. We're gonna get ports, indies, and publisher side projects first.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jonas Albrecht posted:

but that's not really on the horizon.

Horizon Zero Dawn for Switch confirmed.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I'm hoping the switches immense popularity overpowers devs reluctance to release games for it

Remember that the Wii was similarly insanely popular and it got two then-current COD games.

Well it got lovely no effort Wii versions of then current CoD games.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Hundreds? get back to me when your Switch is at thousands.

They'll have to have an activity log first. I'm not gonna count up all my individual titles.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Who wants to do me a favour and pull out the paper cover from a plastic Switch game box and measure its dimensions when fully unfolded? I had all weekend to do this and I forgot and now I'm at the office and can't :|

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
If the Switch is only Nintendo games + indies, I would be satisfied forever. Indies own and Nintendo has some younger blood that is really starting to shine through.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Saw that a Walmart the next town over had a switch in stock. An hour later and I finally found one. Dear god

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah, I hope that part improves too. I feel like gamers today are much more vocal about port quality, and places like digitalfoundry will publicly rip poorly ported games apart.

Not that that will stop a lazy dev completely, but it does put some pressure on them.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Nintendo......Stardew Valley/Wargroove/Golf Story/Sine Mora when!?!?!?

Kashuno posted:

If the Switch is only Nintendo games + indies, I would be satisfied forever. Indies own and Nintendo has some younger blood that is really starting to shine through.

Honestly if they put Dead Cells and Dragonball Fighter Z on this thing, it's gold forever

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I already got BotW and Splatoon 2, everything else is just gravy.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm not sure the average person cares about digital foundry. I'm pretty in tune with gaming and I don't even give a poo poo.

If all you have is a Switch and X game is on the switch, who cares about it's technical misgivings.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

DLC Inc posted:

Nintendo......Stardew Valley/Wargroove/Golf Story/Sine Mora when!?!?!?

Yes... WHEN?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/ToniCodrea/status/874699506574663681

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
All II want is the Nintendoflix thing that's replacing the Virtual Console to have at least 500 games and I'll be set.

If Nintendo can keep up one must buy game a month for the next couple years it'll be insane.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Kashuno posted:

All II want is the Nintendoflix thing that's replacing the Virtual Console to have at least 500 games and I'll be set.

That'll be 500 months from whenever they launch it :(

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Kashuno posted:

If Nintendo can keep up one must buy game a month for the next couple years it'll be insane.

Really excited for inevitable Mario (Rooftop) Party. Hope they have some kind of Wario game, and I'd love Mario Maker and Captain Toad from WiiU in some form.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Infinitum posted:

We're going back to sandbox Mario which hasn't really been done since Sunshine.

Dunkey's E3 video explains it well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o8IcA66K9A&t=380s

Dunkey is extremely wrong for saying 3D World is weak

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

finally I can dislike him for something other than that loving stupid voice he does

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.

Martytoof posted:

Who wants to do me a favour and pull out the paper cover from a plastic Switch game box and measure its dimensions when fully unfolded? I had all weekend to do this and I forgot and now I'm at the office and can't :|

I get 20.8cm by 16cm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Uh yeah 3D world ooooooowwwwnnnneeeddd

• Locked thread