Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/876790621310255104

v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Yeah, you will not be getting a tweet on this

https://twitter.com/AP/status/876788533368942592

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Did Avshalom get banned for encouraging other posters to murder?

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Xombie posted:

No, because "too centrist to win" isn't a real thing.

I'm sorry, this is not an approved takeaway from recent elections. Nonprogressive candidates can no longer win elections in the west-as demonstrated by Labour's convincing snap election victory and En Marche's string of humiliating defeats. Can I suggest you try something in a bit more of a BWHW style?

Oxxidation posted:

Avshalom! Avshalom!
Snitchass motherfucker.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If this wins it for them they would have won anyway because if a reality where that Senator didn't get shot they would have just lied about something similar and had some outside group proliferate it.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Neoliberalism needs to die

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Oxxidation posted:

Republican voters vote Republican. They will never, ever pull the lever for anyone else.

My parents voted for Bush, McCain, Romney, Clinton. The rise of the tea party and subsequently the alt right has gotten them to vote Democrat in every election since the start of Obama's second term because the platform of the Republican party has become abhorrent to them.

My mom has taken to posting "this is really dumb" in reply to goofy RWM articles posted on Facebook by her friends. It's reached the point where she won't even describe herself as Republican anymore*. She's always supported abortion rights, gay marriage, reasonable taxes to pay for services, and sensible regulation. She still identifies as conservative.

Meanwhile, my father has decided he's a real Republican, while the folks controlling the party are usurpers. As I've posted before, he regularly says things like "the greatest country on Earth has no business letting its people go hungry or suffer from preventable diseases."

The Republican tribe makes sense to me.

* I should note this happened in part as a result of my bombarding her with articles demonstrating all the ways current GOP policy is just their previous policy without the fig leaves. So, uh, media changes minds I guess

business hammocks posted:

Did Avshalom get banned for encouraging other posters to murder?

No, she got perma banned for encouraging other posters to murder the president.

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jun 19, 2017

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Shukaro posted:

Neoliberalism needs to die

This but the opposite

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Alter Ego posted:

Except these Republican voters HATE Donald Trump. If this becomes a referendum on Trump then Ossoff wins.

The population of republican voters who hate Trump is very very small.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

"Oh my God! A senator was shot by a gunman after he voted to take healthcare and basic dignity away from people! Pray he dies, everyone, so we'll win the next election and make millions on the talk show circuit and book sales!" - the modern GOP

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The GOP basically salivating at the idea of their co-worker being shot so they can profit politically (while crying tears at the same time) makes the hang wringing about leftists not giving a poo poo about the guy a lot funnier. Watching right wingers on social media talking about this they don't seem to actually care about him at all, but see it as a personal attack on them which is what they find offensive.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jun 19, 2017

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Which part tipped them off?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ripoff posted:

"Oh my God! A senator was shot by a gunman after he voted to take healthcare and basic dignity away from people! Pray he dies, everyone, so we'll win the next election and make millions on the talk show circuit and book sales!" - the modern GOP

I was going to say - it being tied to the healthcare narrative has to hurt it almost as much as it could help.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

mdemone posted:

Which part tipped them off?

Probably the fact that the guy was screaming "I wanna kill all Muslims" when he was arrested.

Welp guess we should just pack it up and not even try; it's easier to bitch about losing than it is to try and win.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Alter Ego posted:

Probably the fact that the guy was screaming "I wanna kill all Muslims" when he was arrested.

:thejoke:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

holy poo poo

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

Welp guess we should just pack it up and not even try; it's easier to bitch about losing than it is to try and win.

Yeah I mean Republicans are going to go as dirty as possible regardless which should be expected at this point and factored into the campaign. If that keeps winning them elections (which I'm not sure it does) the Democrats need to shift their strategy accordingly since even in the absence of something like this they will just fabricate something out of nothing and then apologize about the "mistake" after they win.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
If Poe were still alive today, his horror stories would gravitate around Republican children taking out massive life insurance policies on their rich parents, then burying them alive on the tee of the 14th hole at the country club.

"For the love of inheritance, Montresor!"

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Radish posted:

If this wins it for them they would have won anyway because if a reality where that Senator didn't get shot they would have just lied about something similar and had some outside group proliferate it.

If this wins it for them they would have won anyway due to Russian hacking.

Like, there's still a chance.dems.can win, but we're basically reliant on God's grace at this point

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

holy poo poo

They backed down pretty fast.

https://twitter.com/airwars/status/876793527887429632

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Like, there's still a chance.dems.can win, but we're basically reliant on God's grace at this point

I'd like to think turnout and campaigning have something to do with it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

lol

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Ready for another democrat election loss this week? :negative:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Nothing to see here... Just more Americans getting the government they deserve.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

it's almost like helping put a stupid, belligerent rear end in a top hat in charge of the US nukes wasn't the best plan, eh Vlad?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Volkerball posted:

Empty threat from Putin, drink.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Spiffster posted:

I guess people are really mad about their country being run by a black dude for 8 years and strawman arguments about there being >2 genders

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

God is dead. God is dead, and we have killed him.

Hail Satan.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else in the Atlanta Area seeing an uptick in Pro-Handel ads in their browser?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Alter Ego posted:

I'd like to think turnout and campaigning have something to do with it.

Yeah we have to tell ourselves that regardless.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Lote posted:

90% chance of becoming a hurricane this week. It's center is over the Yucatán. It's pretty wide. No idea on strength but they're flying a plane near it today to assess.

90% chance of becoming a tropical cyclone, which is not the same as a hurricane (it's more likely to remain a tropical depression or tropical storm). Also, the NWS has a director, it's NOAA and the National Hurricane Center that have unfilled positions. The Hurricane Center vacancy is very recent, since the previous director went back to working for the Weather Channel.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Suspending past conduct, I am enjoying Frum's vandetta against Trump. :allears:

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/876051407065014272

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Spiffster posted:

I really loving am. I want them to keep losing til they get a real working class platform out there. gently caress them for making Russia the priority.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

Anyone else in the Atlanta Area seeing an uptick in Pro-Handel ads in their browser?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

Ads in browser,

Wut

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Yeah, I'm not running an ad blocker.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, but it's to be expected - Repubs traditionally make it big on last-minute voting. The racists will be marching out from their whites-only gated retirement communities gnashing their false teeth and cursing the Hispanic and Black citizens of Atlanta, jump in their Japanese/German Sports Activity Vehicle, then vote for Handel. :heritage:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, I'm not running an ad blocker.

Why?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
if ossof loses, all I know is I'm not reading this thread for several weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ripoff posted:

Yeah, but it's to be expected - Repubs traditionally make it big on last-minute voting. The racists will be marching out from their whites-only gated retirement communities gnashing their false teeth and cursing the Hispanic and Black citizens of Atlanta, jump in their Japanese/German Sports Activity Vehicle, then vote for Handel. :heritage:

I only mention it because I didn't notice this as recently as a week ago and I've seen no Ossof ads, and it feels like a loving mistake.

Honestly? I got tired of websites that told me to gently caress-off for running an ad blocker.

It was a while ago, I should look into it again. Is there a good one folks recommend?

• Locked thread