Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Ularg posted:

I might be alone, but I don't think there's many F2P games that are worth your time to play unless you're doing so with friends/goons.
Marvel Heroes is good on PC. Omega might be good, but I haven't played too much of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

paladins is a perfectly acceptable f2p overwatch alternative

marvel heroes is solid

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Quantum of Phallus posted:

My girlfriend asks me literally every time she's over to play "the cooking game" or "Tumbly Towers"

Bless you PS4

That's a way better name than Tricky Towers.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I greatly enjoy Marvel Heroes, thumbs up would pay money for maybe.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is there even an Xbox one thread anymore?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Yeah but the name keeps changing so who knows what it's called right now

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I tried getting into Paragon but that game is so slow. Like, if every map was twice as small to scale and everyone moved faster and had faster cooldowns it would be great.
Alternatively Paladins IS great and I never miss a chance to drop my PS4 tag (EffEmmEll) for those wanna play.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I want them to bring Path of Exile to PS4, I would play that so hard.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
They did shave a third of the Paragon map off, which helps. Of course that means every user comment on the patch notes for the last forever is people screaming for the old map to come back and to exile the people who like it to Overwatch (???). Mobas.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

One of the PS+ games for July will be something called That's You (but you'll still get the normal amount of games on top of that). I didn't know what it was but apparently the thing about it is it's one of the introductory titles for the Playlink feature, which I had to look up -- some kind of social/party thing where other people in the room get to influence the gameplay with a phone app, designed to get normies into gaming I guess? I don't know what this game is but that sounds lame and doomed.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Digirat posted:

I know this is a dumb place to ask but can someone with it bookmarked link it for me? Can't find it anywhere and I need to ask a few questions in it.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

One of the PS+ games for July will be something called That's You (but you'll still get the normal amount of games on top of that). I didn't know what it was but apparently the thing about it is it's one of the introductory titles for the Playlink feature, which I had to look up -- some kind of social/party thing where other people in the room get to influence the gameplay with a phone app, designed to get normies into gaming I guess? I don't know what this game is but that sounds lame and doomed.

That's You looks terrible but the concept is cool, it's basically Jackbox and those are a lot of fun.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

an actual dog posted:

That's You looks terrible but the concept is cool, it's basically Jackbox and those are a lot of fun.
I can imagine it being cool in the same way the cool people having a cool party on a cool rooftop with a Switch looks cool, but I've never been in an actual situation where I can imagine everyone actually going through all the steps to do it. "OK we're gonna play this game. No you don't need to pick up a controller. No no get on your phone. Go to the app store. OK gently caress the 'Play Store' :rolleye:. Are you even on my wifi? the password is gee seven four exx nine tilde -- that's the squiggly one CHRIST loving FORGET IT"

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

veni veni veni posted:

I know this is a dumb place to ask but can someone with it bookmarked link it for me? Can't find it anywhere and I need to ask a few questions in it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3823422

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I don't know if you have to download a special app for PlayLink games but Jackbox takes literally 45 seconds to get on a webpage on your phone and punch in a 4-letter code.

That's You looked boring but that murder mystery game from the Until Dawn people looks hype

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhUWf0aQ_s8

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Digirat posted:

Rumble in the Bonx made me laugh really hard.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Thanks dawg.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Does tax count towards the $100 thing?

If not can someone suggest something I can buy for three cents

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

That avatar of Chekov orgasming

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Imo this genre is goofy as gently caress but I'll take these guys over David cage and Telltale at that point. Until Dawn was the most enjoyable one Ive played.

They are also doing a new Until Dawn for PSVR but I think it's more of an action game.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Speaking of Telltale, I'm really enjoying Tales From the Borderlands (even despite having never played the Borderlands games). I'm just past the start of episode 4, and I love the opening credits for each episode. Also everything else.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

They did shave a third of the Paragon map off, which helps. Of course that means every user comment on the patch notes for the last forever is people screaming for the old map to come back and to exile the people who like it to Overwatch (???). Mobas.

Ugh, this reminds me; i went back to rocket league some weeks ago and saw that the neo-tokyo track was gimped down to a normal track. So now there is all of one track that isn't the standard oval. Angry internet people won. Sad!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Montalvo posted:

Speaking of Telltale, I'm really enjoying Tales From the Borderlands (even despite having never played the Borderlands games). I'm just past the start of episode 4, and I love the opening credits for each episode. Also everything else.

Let us know when you get to the best part of Episode 4. You'll know it when you experience it :allears:. The bloodiest shootout ever.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Montalvo posted:

I straight up don't like Borderlands and Tales from the borderlands is downright amazing. Easily the best Telltale game.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
doom is a fun game

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

mycot posted:

Rumble in the Bonx made me laugh really hard.

This makes me happy :D

Also, thread, I began Horizon Zero Dawn on saturday evening. I went in completely blind (I knew goons liked it, but had no idea what to expect of it at all) and goodness me. I cannot believe how beautiful it looks, I honestly didn't realise consoles were that capable. I am utterly enthralled by it. I love the motion/animation of young Aloy and Rost talking to each other and moving. Young Aloy is just fantastically emotive.

It was sweltering here and my PS4 was making a jet engine noise, so I stopped just after the amazing montage where Young Aloy becomes older Aloy and I am so eager for more. Good grief, it's such an intriguing game! I have all these questions I want answered: Why am I outcast? Why did Rost choose to be an outcast? Why did all those people in that metal cave choose to die? Why are there metallic animals that reproduce and so forth?

I wanna return to it so much! (And because of the metallic monsters I've been calling our heroes Alloy and Rust :D)

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
It gets so much better.

I just mainlined it for about 12 hours yesterday after putting it down for a few weeks.

Once you learn the ropes, it becomes something else.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Ularg posted:

I might be alone, but I don't think there's many F2P games that are worth your time to play unless you're doing so with friends/goons.

Gwent. It's in Open Beta and it's so good.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Does amplitude have the original music from the ps2 game? Or is it just random tracks now?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Policenaut posted:

I greatly enjoy Marvel Heroes, thumbs up would pay money for maybe.

Me and a friend have being doing local Co-op for MHO lately and it's fun but it's an odd as a F2P game. From what I can tell, you can pretty much get the entire game for no money at all. By playing the opening the game gives you enough in game currency to get a hero or two and once you have that you can play the entire game as much as you want with no real limits. On the other hand if you actually want to give them money, the value you get for your money is ridiculously bad, possibly the worst I've ever seen. Like, first the currency you buy to unlock characters and the currency you find to unlock is different, so if you have any left over, tough poo poo, you have to but more. Also the prices are terrible. LIke, for $50 you get 5500 Marvel Coins and it can be over 1000 to unlock a single character and pretty much always more than 1000 to unlock a single costume. There are also some character packs you can buy but those seem even more expensive. I mean, I like this game and it seems cool but there's also seems to be no way to give them money and feel like I've gotten good value for that money.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
The final few campaigns of Wipeout Omega Collection are so intense that playing them during this UK heatwave has been absolutely killing me. Good drat game...... Good drat weather

Guess who, on this, the day the sun and earth become one, reached zone 150, motherfucker

FauxLeather fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jun 19, 2017

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

glam rock hamhock posted:

Me and a friend have being doing local Co-op for MHO lately and it's fun but it's an odd as a F2P game. From what I can tell, you can pretty much get the entire game for no money at all. By playing the opening the game gives you enough in game currency to get a hero or two and once you have that you can play the entire game as much as you want with no real limits. On the other hand if you actually want to give them money, the value you get for your money is ridiculously bad, possibly the worst I've ever seen. Like, first the currency you buy to unlock characters and the currency you find to unlock is different, so if you have any left over, tough poo poo, you have to but more. Also the prices are terrible. LIke, for $50 you get 5500 Marvel Coins and it can be over 1000 to unlock a single character and pretty much always more than 1000 to unlock a single costume. There are also some character packs you can buy but those seem even more expensive. I mean, I like this game and it seems cool but there's also seems to be no way to give them money and feel like I've gotten good value for that money.

Wait for sales basically. BOGOs (though random) is how I fleshed out my Marvel Heroes PC roster. Also they ran a lot of free hero keys / events early on. Hopefully PS4 gets the same.

Also I'm pretty sure Daredevil is free if you're a PS+ player. Just look for it on the store if you haven't already.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Kingtheninja posted:

Does amplitude have the original music from the ps2 game? Or is it just random tracks now?

It does not. It has new music. It is not nearly as good.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

VideoGames posted:

This makes me happy :D

Also, thread, I began Horizon Zero Dawn on saturday evening. I went in completely blind (I knew goons liked it, but had no idea what to expect of it at all) and goodness me. I cannot believe how beautiful it looks, I honestly didn't realise consoles were that capable. I am utterly enthralled by it. I love the motion/animation of young Aloy and Rost talking to each other and moving. Young Aloy is just fantastically emotive.

It was sweltering here and my PS4 was making a jet engine noise, so I stopped just after the amazing montage where Young Aloy becomes older Aloy and I am so eager for more. Good grief, it's such an intriguing game! I have all these questions I want answered: Why am I outcast? Why did Rost choose to be an outcast? Why did all those people in that metal cave choose to die? Why are there metallic animals that reproduce and so forth?

I wanna return to it so much! (And because of the metallic monsters I've been calling our heroes Alloy and Rust :D)

I enjoyed playing as Aloy so much. There's just something about the character and the mechanics and the world that I loved more than most games.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

VideoGames posted:

I am the type of gamer who will often lose interest in a game halfway through, especially as I have grown older and have competing interests for my time.

HZD took me back that childhood feeling of awe at video games and I could not stop playing it until I had seen and done everything.

I think it's one of the greatest games of all time.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The combat and bow mechanics are super tight. Once you become accustomed to all the machine types, their weaknesses and their tells it's very easy to bring them down quickly while never being all that far from death yourself. This was on Very Hard, the finest way to play.

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

FauxLeather posted:

The final few campaigns of Wipeout Omega Collection are so intense that playing them during this UK heatwave has been absolutely killing me. Good drat game...... Good drat weather

Guess who, on this, the day the sun and earth become one, reached zone 150, motherfucker

Jesus, zone 150? What track?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Guw posted:

Jesus, zone 150? What track?

Gonna guess Sol in 2048.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Am I missing something because while HZD is a very good game it's for the most part a pretty standard open world game with the usual tropes, it doesn't give me the same epicfeels that I've gotten from a few other games this year (BotW, N:A and P5)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Pablo Gigante posted:

Am I missing something because while HZD is a very good game it's for the most part a pretty standard open world game with the usual tropes, it doesn't give me the same epicfeels that I've gotten from a few other games this year (BotW, N:A and P5)

I mean these are all the standouts of 2017 so it's going to come down to a matter of opinion. But for me personally, Horizon is one twee teen subplot away from having every single thing I think is cool in one video game.