Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Geomancing posted:

I get 20.8cm by 16cm.

Perfect, thanks <3

Trying to print some covers for downloaded games because I'm a nerd but I've been printing the wrong size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

No joke, this is a pretty amazing release schedule for the 1st year, and I'm not even terribly interested in ARMS or Pokken. Yeah, BOTW and MK8DX were essentially also available on WiiU, but throw in Splatoon 2, Mario/Rabbids (jury's out till reviews come in, but it does look good) and Mario Odyssey, plus ARMS and Pokken if you're into fighters (or whatever you want to call ARMS), FE Warriors if you're into Musou games and Xenoblade if you're into anime (and man, who isn't?)

I do hope they can keep this variety of releases up, even if it's "padded" with smaller eShop titles like Snipperclips. Some of those smaller eShop games on 3DS (like Pocket Card Jockey, BoxBoyx3, Pushmo and all the Picross-e games) were fantastic.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
e3 just ended Nintendo please calm down

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/876713242315243520

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I personally can't wait for Sonic Mania. It's one of the reasons I bought the switch, it's the perfect platform for it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

irlZaphod posted:

No joke, this is a pretty amazing release schedule for the 1st year, and I'm not even terribly interested in ARMS or Pokken. Yeah, BOTW and MK8DX were essentially also available on WiiU, but throw in Splatoon 2, Mario/Rabbids (jury's out till reviews come in, but it does look good) and Mario Odyssey, plus ARMS and Pokken if you're into fighters (or whatever you want to call ARMS), FE Warriors if you're into Musou games and Xenoblade if you're into anime (and man, who isn't?)

I do hope they can keep this variety of releases up, even if it's "padded" with smaller eShop titles like Snipperclips. Some of those smaller eShop games on 3DS (like Pocket Card Jockey, BoxBoyx3, Pushmo and all the Picross-e games) were fantastic.

I guess Kirby is 2018 but not sure what else will be coming. Pokemon next November? Pikmin 4? Fire Emblem? Hopefully some kind of Donkey Kong thing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lol is there a single game someone has said isn't perfect for switch? Its a meme now.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jun 19, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I personally can't wait for Sonic Mania. It's one of the reasons I bought the switch, it's the perfect platform for it.

Apart from having no d-pad on the default controllers.

(personally I've grown so used to using the directional buttons I've found myself actuallypreferring it to the pro controller though, which I've been super surprised by.)

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Is Sonic Mania getting a physical release outside that very silly collector's edition?

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
With Nintendo's strategy of only showing off this year's games as E3, I wonder if we'll start seeing yearly big Directs in December/January to highlight what's in the pipeline for Q1/Q2. Although maybe TGS covers some of that?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Dr Cheeto posted:

Is Sonic Mania getting a physical release outside that very silly collector's edition?

Not that I've seen. Would have liked a phy release but I'm not paying for that dumb looking set.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

Lol is there a single game someone has said isn't perfect for switch? Its a meme now.

I mean it's basically a portable WiiU which means it can handle most if not all of your beloved stupid indie games, that alone makes people say "wow just put loving everything on it." Saying that didn't always make sense with the 3DS due to the cramped resolution and/or power.

i.e. "Superhot would be perfect for Switch, because motion control. Insert Metroidvania Here would be great on Switch. I'd love for Dragonball Fighter Z on a portable system....like Switch"

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Kashuno posted:

All II want is the Nintendoflix thing that's replacing the Virtual Console to have at least 500 games and I'll be set.

If Nintendo can keep up one must buy game a month for the next couple years it'll be insane.

They've merged their console and handheld lines so their teams just have to support the Switch.

Millions posted:

With Nintendo's strategy of only showing off this year's games as E3, I wonder if we'll start seeing yearly big Directs in December/January to highlight what's in the pipeline for Q1/Q2. Although maybe TGS covers some of that?

Nintendo hasn't attended TGS since 2005. They'll probably have their own event or a fall direct.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Dr Cheeto posted:

The very silly collectors edition only comes with a download code and not a disc or cart btw

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

The collector's edition comes with a download key. Sonic Mania is all digital.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

I guess Kirby is 2018 but not sure what else will be coming. Pokemon next November? Pikmin 4? Fire Emblem? Hopefully some kind of Donkey Kong thing.
Kirby, Yoshi and Fire Emblem are due in 2018 I believe. Retro could be working on a follow-up to Tropical Freeze (hopefully with ports of DKCR and TF :cmon:). That last part is probably just a pipe dream, but it would be amazing if Retro are indeed working on a new DKC game.

Metroid Prime 4 you'd imagine we won't be seeing before 2019 at the very earliest. Not sure about Pokemon or Pikmin 4.

I'd expect something from Platinum too.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Anidav posted:

The very silly collectors edition only comes with a download code and not a disc or cart btw

Evil Eagle posted:

The collector's edition comes with a download key. Sonic Mania is all digital.

Whoops :downs:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sunning posted:

They've merged their console and handheld lines so their teams just have to support the Switch.

That's explicitly not the case at all. They're still putting out a lot of 3DS stuff. The reason their output is so much higher, Reggie has said, is because of a lot of expansion in game development over the last few years centered on the completion of a giant new building for software development in Kyoto and they've hired a lot of bodies to fill that building.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Just noticed this too from NOE

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/875790680987242498

e: That 3DS lineup in the 7th year of its life is great.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jun 19, 2017

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Nintendo may just have the most profitable holiday period ever. Between Pokemon on DS, with Switch getting Mario and an instant 2-player Rocket League at what may be the peak of the game's popularity, they're going to be moving a lot of units.

If your kids want to play Rocket League, the switch is probably the cheapest machine that can run it, and it comes with two controllers.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

well why not posted:

If your kids want to play Rocket League, the switch is probably the cheapest machine that can run it, and it comes with two controllers.

PS4/Xbone plus a second controller is the same price.

Also I'm not sure Rocket League is a system seller for anybody. It's a nice game to have if you already own a system.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The Switch is gonna have its own ecosystem. I know Nintendo wants every big title they can get, but that's not really on the horizon. We're gonna get ports, indies, and publisher side projects first.

One thing to remember is despite a very strong launch year, it's still a launch year. Most third-party studios aren't really going to have anything at a stage they can show off/demo until around e3 next year at the earliest.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
We might get Dragon Ball FighterZ if there is "demand" for it. While Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 might be OK, FighterZ really grabbed my attention for the over-the-top approach to the 2D fighter genre. The game runs on the Unreal Engine, and since the producer said the hardware isn't an issue... Why isn't it coming to the Switch yet? I guess some 3rd party publishers are still taking a "wait and see" approach to the Switch.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Oh poo poo lego worlds? Looks good.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Oh poo poo lego worlds? Looks good.

It's pretty Minecrafty. Good fun but they do like to lock bricks away from you and the copy tool is a real pain to use.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Not picking up Lego Worlds til there are Indiana Jones pieces.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Rexroom posted:

We might get Dragon Ball FighterZ if there is "demand" for it. While Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 might be OK, FighterZ really grabbed my attention for the over-the-top approach to the 2D fighter genre. The game runs on the Unreal Engine, and since the producer said the hardware isn't an issue... Why isn't it coming to the Switch yet? I guess some 3rd party publishers are still taking a "wait and see" approach to the Switch.

Wait and see in Japan is code for bribes :ssh:

Keep in mind the only reason Monster Hunter went to Nintendo in the first place is that Iwata gave Capcom millions of dollars just after the 3DS launched.

So when a dickhead like Capcom or Namco or Koei say wait and see with Nintendo platforms they really mean either the consumerz buy our lovely ports or Nintendo should bribe us.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I'm jazzed for RL. I think Psyonix mentioned that it will be 720p and 60fps so that is all good news in my opinion.

I don't expect it to have split screen on tabletop mode though. Don't think it will be possible and even if it was it might compromise the game having the screen split.

Still absolutely going to buy that on digital.

So far BotW is the only game I own on cart.

Digital:
Has Been Heroes (7/10)
MK8D (10/10)
Arms (8/10)
Mr. Shifty (6/10)
Turf Masters (8/10)
Graceful Explosion Machine (7/10)
Minecraft (7/10)
Fast RMX (7/10)
Binding of Isaac (8/10)
Master Blaster (8/10)

That is a shitload of cool games for a console that is 3 months old.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Rexroom posted:

Pretty much; the Switch has had a great launch, but 3rd parties are pretty hesitant after the Wii U to jump in.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Anidav posted:

Wait and see in Japan is code for bribes :ssh:

Keep in mind the only reason Monster Hunter went to Nintendo in the first place is that Iwata gave Capcom millions of dollars just after the 3DS launched.

So when a dickhead like Capcom or Namco or Koei say wait and see with Nintendo platforms they really mean either the consumerz buy our lovely ports or Nintendo should bribe us.

I always assumed that's how the DS GTA game got made, and was seemingly a big enough deal to get announced at one of Nintendo's press conferences at an E3 last decade. Aside from the fact the DS was so huge it would have been hard to ignore it entirely.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Pretty much; the Switch has had a great launch, but 3rd parties are pretty hesitant after the Wii U to jump in.

counterpoint: switch will have a metroid prime game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Beastie posted:

Master Blaster (8/10)

:confused:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The only amazing thing about this is acknowledging 1-2 Switch.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Martytoof posted:

Really excited for inevitable Mario (Rooftop) Party. Hope they have some kind of Wario game, and I'd love Mario Maker and Captain Toad from WiiU in some form.

This. Captain Toad was charming as gently caress.

Harlock posted:

PS4/Xbone plus a second controller is the same price.

Also I'm not sure Rocket League is a system seller for anybody. It's a nice game to have if you already own a system.

I also agree with this. I will probably pick up Rocket League again if it's cheap. Have they confirmed if it will be a digital or physical release?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

You're right. I skipped my morning coffee and breakfast because I have to get some bloodwork.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Al Borland Corp. posted:

That's explicitly not the case at all. They're still putting out a lot of 3DS stuff. The reason their output is so much higher, Reggie has said, is because of a lot of expansion in game development over the last few years centered on the completion of a giant new building for software development in Kyoto and they've hired a lot of bodies to fill that building.

All of their 3DS games are outsourced to development partners. MercurySteam is working on Metroid. Hey! Pikmin is by Arzest. Indies Zero is working on Sushi Strikers with Nintendo's supervision. Grezzo is working on Ever Oasis. Partners like Hal Laboratories, Gamefreak, and Intelligent Systems have explicitly stated they are transitioning to the Switch.

Kashuno posted:

Meanwhile, at premiere gym company Konami.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

I took a look at those and I have a question about the Surge ones (joycon grips, since this is from a couple pages ago). The FastSnail ones have big looking SR and SL buttons, but the Surge ones don't. What makes them still better, just the way they feel in your hands or something? I'm probably going to bite on the FastSnail ones because they look like God's own controller, the GameCube.

The SL/SR buttons are in a pretty good spot on the Surges. I do wish they were bigger, though. The FastSnail ones are really comfortable, but have a lot of travel on the SL/SR buttons. I found that a little problematic for Mario Kart. Either's a good choice, really. The Surge ones are more portable and sit well in the hand, kind of like a modernized retro controller. The FastSnail sit more like a traditional modern controller.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Dunkey is extremely wrong for saying 3D World is weak

He praises 3D Land, too. Maybe the argument is it didn't do enough over that? IDK. 3D World is top tier to me

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The only amazing thing about this is acknowledging 1-2 Switch.

There will be a 1-2 Switch stage in the next Smash and it will be either awesome or impossible to play on like the Electroplankton stage.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Morby posted:

This. Captain Toad was charming as gently caress.

Yeah, it was a perfect 5-10 minute time sink. I got a lot of mileage out of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Viewtiful Jew posted:

There will be a 1-2 Switch stage in the next Smash and it will be either awesome or impossible to play on like the Electroplankton stage.

I'm way more excited for the Odyssey stage, which is pretty much as big as if you smashed New Pork(donk) City, Palutena's Temple, and Temple together.

• Locked thread