Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Agrajag posted:

PANZER FOR!!

They could expand into other fake markets too, like the Imperial Guard tree ending in a Stormsword.

Tanks all include an extra commissar crewmember that shoots someone every time you miss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
I think the best think about ranked is it doesn't count for missions. I'm playing a lot of Type 5, which is top of the tree here, but no tokens. I have to earn 10k XP before or after ranked in randoms so I can get the supply box missions too :bravo:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I like how two of the rewards for the Summer Giveaway Days are one small first aid kit and one small repair kit.

Wargaming are the cheapest fuckers ever.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I see you're glossing over the glamorous and highly sought after meathead emblem

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...
Betcha the chat system is broke because someone has been trying to setup the backend for their new chat system (I'm wagering it's cross-wargaming chat like ships - tanks) and accidentally broke the live production system in the meantime. I'd love for chat to be useful, like chatting with individual tells/replies while in-game or out. I doubt they'll make it work like that though.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Strike Anywhere posted:

Betcha the chat system is broke because someone has been trying to setup the backend for their new chat system (I'm wagering it's cross-wargaming chat like ships - tanks) and accidentally broke the live production system in the meantime. I'd love for chat to be useful, like chatting with individual tells/replies while in-game or out. I doubt they'll make it work like that though.

Maybe they'll add discord integration

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Azhais posted:

Maybe they'll add discord integration

Lmao

Watch them add a cross games chat with tells and replies etc with all their other games but [place something incredibly dense that makes the whole thing worthless here]

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I was just 130 damage short of LT-15-3 because my last shot on a Lorraine bounced. gently caress Wargaming forever.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Azhais posted:

I see you're glossing over the glamorous and highly sought after meathead emblem

Who would ever voluntarily use these

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Barry posted:

Who would ever voluntarily use these

I've seen people use them. I have used the nation flags to put proper german flags on my West German tanks. Why you would ever want to put some dude on it, I have no idea.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Azhais posted:

lol seriously why do they keep giving that emblem out as rewards?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Darkrenown posted:

I think the best think about ranked is it doesn't count for missions. I'm playing a lot of Type 5, which is top of the tree here, but no tokens. I have to earn 10k XP before or after ranked in randoms so I can get the supply box missions too :bravo:

There was a Father's Day mission where you play a battle and get a Coffee. One Coffee, once per account. It didn't count Ranked battles. Wargaming doesn't even try to support their new game modes, it's the most bizarre thing.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hellsau posted:

There was a Father's Day mission where you play a battle and get a Coffee. One Coffee, once per account. It didn't count Ranked battles. Wargaming doesn't even try to support their new game modes, it's the most bizarre thing.

well at least they're working hard to break random battles through the bonds system

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Stage 1 end: 10% cutoff at 1200th place (didn't write it down but it was like 5 points at the cutoff)
Stage 2 start: 10% cutoff at 280th place
Stage 2 end: 10% cutoff at 880th place, 9 points, 67.78%

Stage 3 start: 10% cutoff at 177th place, 14 points 69.92%

50% mark is at 9 points, 67.78%, meaning there's only 1768 players on the leaderboard with 8 or more points. Good times.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Agrajag posted:

well at least they're working hard to break random battles through the bonds system

The ranked battles are also making the random battles pretty awful by pulling anyone with any basic knowledge of the game out of the queue. I've never seen so many red and grey players before.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
This will end well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/6ffjst/design_a_new_premium_tank_contest_na_eu/

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

HFX posted:

I've seen people use them. I have used the nation flags to put proper german flags on my West German tanks. Why you would ever want to put some dude on it, I have no idea.

If you look at a tank and see that breathtakingly dumb insignia, will you think that the person with it on their tank is a high priority?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

https://dukecannon.com/big-rear end-tank-bar-world-of-tanks-victory

Made for goons I assume.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

What use does a goon have for soap?

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Hellsau posted:

It's ok though, because finishing in the top x% of the ranked league gives you 3 premium repair and medkits.
*looks at ammo bill from a night of Type 5 ranked, silent tears running down cheeks*

Another weird thing, ranked battles would be kind of perfect to do personal missions in. They often suck in randoms because you have to play in a specific way that doesn't really coincide with helping your team win, and that's already the pro-tier move in ranked.

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...

Hellsau posted:

What use does a goon have for soap?

dropping it

:downsrim:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

:gooncamp:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I've been platooning with other goons in PANSY and just realized it'd be impossible to send invites to players just on your friends list. Couldn't you get around that by joining a chat channel, though?

McGavin posted:

I like how two of the rewards for the Summer Giveaway Days are one small first aid kit and one small repair kit.

Wargaming are the cheapest fuckers ever.

Well those consumables cost Wargaming a lot of money, you see....

Agrajag posted:

lol seriously why do they keep giving that emblem out as rewards?

Because they have a sense of humor? :shrug:

Wow, much english, etc.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
the secret to doing great in this game is getting used to the server side reticle option being checked on

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

I've been platooning with other goons in PANSY and just realized it'd be impossible to send invites to players just on your friends list. Couldn't you get around that by joining a chat channel, though?

Yeah you can do that, but sometimes you won't get the invite if you're on the same server. You also can't invite legionnaries to strongholds while chat server is down.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Reading about this game is kinda more entertaining than actually playing it. I do have fun with that tier9 chinese heavy, I usually pretend it's a slow medium tank and go bully their mediums to win the flank.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Tahirovic posted:

Reading about this game is kinda more entertaining than actually playing it. I do have fun with that tier9 chinese heavy, I usually pretend it's a slow medium tank and go bully their mediums to win the flank.

american tanks are more solidly made chinese will just blow up if you decide to click i hear.

how is the EU server doing with ranked battles wondering because it has a player base unlike NA , by that i mean is it hard to get to rank 5 in a day or how are people playing in battles compared to normal random battle

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Jun 20, 2017

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Strike Anywhere posted:

That is totally not happening at all.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
They should at least have fun with this. Make an Oddball Sherman that plays "all for the love of sunshine" and have a special mission that requires you to sit in reserve and do fuckall incase New York is threatened. If your team wins you get a second mission to win some gold if you win the next battle. You have to survive and the prize is divided up between all Oddballs that took part in that battle and survived

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

oh noe..it says it can be tier 9 or 10 even..

~lol the people hand drawing tanks the entry thread is really ..funny? interesting? one of those words or both

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jun 20, 2017

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

SocketWrench posted:

They should at least have fun with this. Make an Oddball Sherman that plays "all for the love of sunshine" and have a special mission that requires you to sit in reserve and do fuckall incase New York is threatened. If your team wins you get a second mission to win some gold if you win the next battle. You have to survive and the prize is divided up between all Oddballs that took part in that battle and survived
All the more reason to blame your team if you lose, blame them for all those negative waves.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

All the more reason to blame your team if you lose, blame them for all those negative waves.
So many negative waves...

Why yes they were all in one session....

Go dogpile here if you are motivated:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/543291-please-fix-friends-list/

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Atomizer posted:

It actually worked perfectly.

The E 75 better be worth it because playing the Tiger II right now is pretty painful.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004
Tiger 131 giveaway. You don't have to watch the streams but you do have to post into a thread with a mastery badge score card. Note: It says any master badge, not just ace. Considering goons should collect those at least every other game, this is probably the easiest way to get a German HT No 6.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/contests/tiger-131-giveaways/

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

HFX posted:

Tiger 131 giveaway. You don't have to watch the streams but you do have to post into a thread with a mastery badge score card. Note: It says any master badge, not just ace. Considering goons should collect those at least every other game, this is probably the easiest way to get a German HT No 6.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/contests/tiger-131-giveaways/

I'll take a lovely crew trainer for my 4-skill O-Ho crew.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'll take a lovely crew trainer for my 4-skill O-Ho crew.

German, not Japanese. I mentioned HT No 6 because it is an exact clone: http://tanks.gg/compare/ht-no-vi?t=tiger-131. I have two German heavy trains which don't work with the tier 10s, but I will always take more trainers.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Ah, poo poo

/edit: the single difference is a 20kg heavier radio :lol:

Also, they have the same ammunition, but the 131's Pzgr 39 somehow is 33m/s faster and the HT VI's AP shell costs 12 credits less :psyduck:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 20, 2017

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
10 players will be selected at random, i.e. whoever sucked off WG the most

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Posigniat
May 31, 2011

Is there an Xbox One Goon clan currently up and running? I'm on most days after 5 PST and I'm always looking for people better than me to learn the ropes from.