Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

More like Crapcum.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

More like Crapcum.

Santorum 5

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Count Bleck posted:

Didn't they also mention you could be hella creative with mvc3 as well?

couldn't you though if you weren't going for optimal combo damage? IIRC there were some creative but poo poo damage combos that were fun to watch.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

MrJacobs posted:

couldn't you though if you weren't going for optimal combo damage? IIRC there were some creative but poo poo damage combos that were fun to watch.

Maybe I'm poo poo but isn't the point of the statement "combo creativity" supposed to be that you have multiple combos of varying difficulty, with the higher difficulty combos having higher variance in the amount of damage lost if the combo is incorrectly executed as opposed to easier combos. Additional creativity also comes from different situations maybe requiring editing one combo into another if you miss a key move mid string or if something happens like a wall splat or counter hit allowing you to jump into a different combo altogether. If one combo is just outright better than any other options you have then the entire idea of creativity is out the window since there's no point in going into any other combo unless you're unable to do the most highly optimized one.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Luna Was Here posted:

If one combo is just outright better than any other options you have then the entire idea of creativity is out the window since there's no point in going into any other combo unless you're unable to do the most highly optimized one.

ladies and gentlemen street fighter v

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, you'll always have an "optimal" combo in terms of damage/risk-reward, to me creativity is more about allowing more combo routes and extremely fancy BS to style on people.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Capcom apparently can't get streaming right

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

:psyduck:

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
he's right, it's only gonna get worse from here on out

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the username makes me think that might just be a real weird gimmick account

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Marvel vs Capcom Infinite: I'm having Zero issues

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Marvel vs Capcom Infinite: I'm having Zero issues

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite: No Country for X-Men

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

anime was right posted:

Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite: WHERE THE gently caress IS SPIDER-MAN?!

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Ah yes ZeroIssuesSFV, good friend of user SFVIsGoodNotViralMarketing, the guy doing a gushing analysis of the SFV in-game models, describing them collectively as a bold, post-modern, grotesque neo-surrealistic masterpiece.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

anime was right posted:

hahaha this works on a ton of levels

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
hey everyone, it looks like they're going to be upating sfv! wow, i wonder what they're fixing or adding?!?

oh its paying for a schoolgirl uniform for a character who already wears a schoolgirl uniform!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also its been 7 months and they've released 3 season 2 characters

remember when they promised 1 a month? lol

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
the game is fun and it's fine the game is fun and it's fine the game is fun and it's fine the game is fun and it's fine the game is fun and it's fine the game is fun and it's fine the game is fun and it's fine the game is fun and it's fine

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
HI I'm the 762nd best Vega in North America AMA

zooted heh fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 22, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

zooted heh posted:

HI I'm the 762nd best Vega in North America AMA

Do you have Prince Albert in a can?

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
I don't smoke cigs.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

anime was right posted:

hey everyone, it looks like they're going to be upating sfv! wow, i wonder what they're fixing or adding?!?

oh its paying for a schoolgirl uniform for a character who already wears a schoolgirl uniform!

They're never releasing those SF3 Alex and Ibuki costumes

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Is the Super SFV thing any realer than when it first burst on the scene? or less real?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Is the Super SFV thing any realer than when it first burst on the scene? or less real?

Still just a rumor and a valle tweet

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
thicc mika

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

In Super Street Fighter V they should just remove Fireballs and DPs completely.
They are a massive feelbad and are really bad game design.

I mean, look, if I'm on the ground, they hit me with fireball and if I jump they hit me with DP. HOW IS THAT FAIR?!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Jack Trades posted:

In Super Street Fighter V they should just remove Fireballs and DPs completely.
They are a massive feelbad and are really bad game design.

I mean, look, if I'm on the ground, they hit me with fireball and if I jump they hit me with DP. HOW IS THAT FAIR?!

id rather play street fighter v than read another one of your posts

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

anime was right posted:

id rather play street fighter v than read another one of your posts

I'm am happy to be able to bring the true SFV experience into this thread.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

choice of super for each character is cool but you know one is gonna be way better than the other so its not really gonna matter.

The things they would have to do to make the game interesting to me would be
Fixing the load times, other technical issues
Increase movement speed a lot
Add some universal defensive options back into the game to make it more interesting than just guessing and fishing like it is now.

I dont see them doing that.

They'll do a new story, an arcade, toss sagat and sakura at us, slap on a new ui and hud and ship it i'm sure. At least its free so i can confirm my suspicions without spending more on the game if it does actually exist

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I uninstalled SFV to make room for Blazblue and I think I'm done with it forever

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wanna play bb right now?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't console game this weekend but I'll be around next week. I've been working on my Makoto but the game is harder than GG, the link windows seem tighter on a lot of the combo routes and no RRC's to make it baby mode easy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I can't console game this weekend but I'll be around next week. I've been working on my Makoto but the game is harder than GG, the link windows seem tighter on a lot of the combo routes and no RRC's to make it baby mode easy

I agree. Im working on bullet cause you just mash drive and she does like a huge combo.

Also her best super is like a 720 followed by a 1080 and thats just silly fun.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

In Training posted:

Hold the button when you want to buffer something. BB's input buffer is actually longer (~5F vs 3F) but you have to hold the button to get it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Hold the button when you want to buffer something. BB's input buffer is actually longer (~5F vs 3F) but you have to hold the button to get it.

Oh weird, thank you!

Leviathean
Oct 22, 2012

?

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I thought I heard from some local players that recent BB's had changed to match Xrd's input buffer of 3F. I tried searching online to verify this in either direction, but couldn't really find definitive answers -- is it really still 5F?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Oh you might be right actually. I can't find anything definitive either but it's hard to find good change notes in general, much less for older patches/revisions. Does sound like you still have to hold the button or direction to make use of it though.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I beat another human at street fighter five and it felt incredible.

He'd do these really big combos and whiff and I''d hit my cammy f+HK MP Arrow combo and do lots of damage and it was great.

And then I played a bunch of people 1000s of rank points above me and got whupped.

I don't know what I think about this game.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jun 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

algebra testes posted:

I don't know what I think about this game.

This thread can help with that

But really just have fun, keep practicing