Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

And More posted:

That's clearly referencing BOBs death bag.

You also left out this part:

which is clearly that weird stuff they scraped off the gun.

My coffee also left a pattern on my napkin, and I'm fairly sure it points towards Dougie becoming a roaming motorcyclist.

I'm sorry but that is obviously two birds singing backup to a pretentious Raccoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

remusclaw posted:

... a pretentious Raccoon.

The idea of a pretentious raccoon is fantastic.

Also, was the Arm saying Coop should squeeze off his hand, or his Hand?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

remusclaw posted:

I'm sorry but that is obviously two birds singing backup to a pretentious Raccoon.

Two pigs singing a duet off the Liberty Bell.

Veshpo
May 23, 2016

Who was the sick bald man Ben Horne's secretary went home to at the end? Is that anybody we know?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Veshpo posted:

Who was the sick bald man Ben Horne's secretary went home to at the end? Is that anybody we know?
Credits have Hugh Dillon playing a Tom Paige and Tom is what she called him. Another character that seems to point in the direction that this series is at least partly about age and illness, as that seems to permeate parts of this show.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jun 19, 2017

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
That poor old man made a poopy in his pants and ate it

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Fastened Portal Bart posted:

Anyone else find it odd that Ray was ...not scared for his life? He obviously knows Darya didn't carry out the hit, and now Danzig is breaking him out of prison in the middle of the night, and he seems totally fine with it.

It could be that Ray's an idiot and doesn't realize that he's dead as soon as Mr. C gets the info that he wants from Ray. Ray's info is, after all, the reason Mr. C gets himself sent to prison (putting an assault rifle in his trunk and crossing the state line intentionally). Darya was way too confident that they wouldn't be found out by Mr. C, and we all know what happened to her.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Is Mr strawberry a dog and does he have some quadraplegic dog scooter to get around now

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
is bing the long haired dude andy was talking to

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Kurtofan posted:

is bing the long haired dude andy was talking to

Bing is played by Riley Lynch, and was probably the guy sweeping the Bang Bang.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

moist turtleneck posted:

Is Mr strawberry a dog and does he have some quadraplegic dog scooter to get around now

To keep the rape thread going, I think the warden is involved with some type of sexual abuse where he calls himself Mr. Strawberry.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

"Involving some girl from Ipanema."

:golfclap:

Also, that creepy dude walking the hospital hallway :stare:

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
"Squeeze the hand off." might be one of the creepiest lines i've heard in a good long while

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Franchescanado posted:

To keep the rape thread going, I think the warden is involved with some type of sexual abuse where he calls himself Mr. Strawberry.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Oh god, I just had a thought: What if when DoppelCoop visited Audrey in the hospital after the bank explosion, he raped her while she was in a coma and Richard Horne is her and DoppelCoop's kid? :stonk:

It wouldn't surprise me that he did this before skipping town on a comatose Audrey in the ICU. Also, suggests that Audrey and Richard are not on speaking terms and his drug habit.

But why would DoppelCoop stop there? Maybe he also went to Diane's on 'that' night to rape her too so he could rub it in her face when he expected her in prison. Explains the meltdown and drinking problem.

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

BigFactory posted:

So I think i've pieced a few things together. It's starting to become obvious that the Season 3 story arc is (maybe loosely) linked to Phish's classic song "Cavern" which was officially released on A Picture of Nectar in 1992 but had been played out extensively before then. Whether it influenced the original series or not is up in the air, but I think it was clearly inspiration for season 3.
The line that keyed me in, obviously, is the focal point at the climax, "Whatever you do/take care of your shoes". Good Cooper lost his shoes traveling back to this world and they seem to be the one thing that he's missing to make him whole again. But I'll start at the beginning and go line by line.

Your time is near, the mission's clear
It's later than we think

This is pretty obvious, it's the Black Lodge folks talking to Coop and acknowledging that he's been held up by Bad Coop's schemes.

Before you slip into the night
You'll want something to drink

Coffee, duh.

Steal away before the dawn, and
Bring us back good news

Re-statement of purpose.

But if you've tread in primal soup
Please wipe it from your shoes

The black goop from Glastonberry Grove, maybe?

Just then a porthole pirate
Scourged the evening with his cry
And sanctuary bugs deprived
The monkey of its thigh
A dust arose and clogged my nose
Before I could blink twice
Despite the stuff that bubbled up
I gave some last advice:

I think this is all stuff we haven't seen yet, but it could also be the confrontations with the hitmen?

The flesh from Satan's dogs
Will make the rudiments of gruel

I think this is talking about garmonbozia.

Deduct the carrots from your pay
You worthless swampy fool

This probably has to do with Dougie's boss at the insurance agency. Seems like something he'd say.

Exploding then through fields and fen
And swimming in the mire
The septic maiden's gargoyle tooth
Demented me with fire

Think that last line is important.

I drifted where the current chose
Afloat upon my back
And if perchance a newt slimed by
I'd stuff it in my sack

Sounds a lot like Good Coop's travels through space and stuff. Not sure what the newt refers to.

The next few verses are all stuff that hasn't happened in S3 yet, but I'm sure it will make sense soon. I'll skip to the chorus at the end.

Give the director a serpent deflector
I think Dougie Coop is going to give Gordon Cole something important that will save him from a serpent, or maybe just a slippery villain. Remember Bad Coop's snakeskin shirt???

a mudrat detector, a ribbon reflector
Not sure.

a cushion convector, a picture of nectar
Again, not sure, but there have been lots of pictures so far in the season.

a virile dissector,a hormone collector
Not sure.

Whatever you do take care of your shoes
When Coop gets his shoes back I think he'll be back to normal.

This might seem far fetched but it's really not. The ties between Lynch and Phish are pretty well documented over the years, and they definitely have a mutual respect thing going on. (Phish named their 1997 summer festival after a line from FWWM, Mike Gordon directly attributes his aggressive hairstyle to David Lynch, on Lynch's side he's said that he went to over 300 shows in the 90's before the hiatus and he's been seen in LA driving a Suburu Outback with a GUYUTE license plate).

I'll keep posting as things fall into place but I'm sure this is the key to understanding the season.

holy loving poo poo :psyboom:

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Let me just say there's no loving way David Lynch (or Mark Frost) listens to Phish.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I always thought that fire walk with me seemed heavily influenced by the hit Walking on the Sun by Smashmouth

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Franchescanado posted:

Let me just say there's no loving way David Lynch (or Mark Frost) listens to Phish.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
The more David Lynch has these portraits of giant ears of corn and these strange noises coming in between standing lamps and totem poles, the more I start to think that the plot of this show is the old Stephen King trope of "this land is haunted because we built over an ancient Indian burial ground," except the ancient Indian burial ground is the entire United States of America.

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

moist turtleneck posted:

I always thought that fire walk with me seemed heavily influenced by the hit Walking on the Sun by Smashmouth
Uh, no, it's pretty obvious that Fire Walk with Me was adapted from "Tasmanian Pain Coaster" by El-P.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuYf2-B2wAc

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So what exactly was it that the cops pulled off the gun? Did Coop actually manage to peel that dude's skin off?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Calling it: Dougie's gonna end up on a newscast and someone at the FBI will spot him.

Right? :ohdear:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

regulargonzalez posted:

Really feels like Janey-e has some lodge superpowers as well. She can force anyone to bend to her will. Those extortionists should have laughed at her. The answers she gave the cops were flimsy and absurd. She even got Dougie's boss to say "k, we'll do it later".

Or maybe she's just naturally some kind of force of nature. Either way, :swoon: Naomi Watts :swoon: is killing it.

actually she's just a strong willed bad rear end woman who doesn't take poo poo off nobody

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

BigFactory posted:

I'll keep posting as things fall into place but I'm sure this is the key to understanding the season.
Please don't :cripes:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

TheMaestroso posted:

Bing is played by Riley Lynch, and was probably the guy sweeping the Bang Bang.

that wasn't sweeping, that was just running out the clock. the bang bang must pay by the hour for sidework or that dude has a reason to not want to go home (or lynch just wanted to film a dude sweeping for a while)

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

boner confessor posted:

actually she's just a strong willed bad rear end woman who doesn't take poo poo off nobody

Yeah, I love this.

Strong independent woman capable of persuasive arguments? SHE MUST BE A SPIRITUAL ROBOT MADE BY DIMENSIONAL DEMONS

BECAUSE DAVID LYNCH WAS INSPIRED BY WU-TANG CLAN'S ENTER THE 36 CHAMBERS, THE SECRETS ARE IN "DAH MYSTERIES OF CHESSBOXIN'", OBVIOUSLY

LOOK AT THE LYRICS:
RAW I'MA GIVE IT TO YAH (obvs Bad Coop talking)
WITH NO TRIVIA (because he hates trivial pursuit and is enigmatic)
RAW LIKE COCAINE (drugs!)
STRAIGHT FROM BOLIVIA (near argentina!)
MY HIP HOP WILL ROCK AND SHOCK THE NATION (dunno what this means, maybe terrorism)
LIKE THE EMANCIPATION PROCLAMATION (will be revealed in episode 9)

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jun 19, 2017

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I feel like if the majority of the bullet points in your key for decrypting the season are "I don't know what this means yet because we haven't seen it" then maybe it's not actually that useful.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

The diner sure gets a lot of patrons for it being after the bar's closing time.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

wa27 posted:

Diners do get some action around breakfast time

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

BigFactory posted:

Are you now? Are you really?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

wa27 posted:

Let me tell you, if you're in a town with a diner that's open after the bar closes, that place will be packed to the gills.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
i'm all these tviv posters falling for a joke post. shameful

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
love to hang out at the seedy dreamwave bar then have a nice slice of cherry pie at 3am before going home to drunkenly sort my drinking glasses or whatever the gently caress

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Thom and the Heads posted:

i'm all these tviv posters falling for a joke post. shameful

I mean, I knew it was a joke at kaworu's expense and other armchair theorists, but it also felt earnest enough for it's own ridicule. And I wanted to tie into my joke of people needed theories to justify a strong female lead in the series.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Khagan posted:

It wouldn't surprise me that he did this before skipping town on a comatose Audrey in the ICU. Also, suggests that Audrey and Richard are not on speaking terms and his drug habit.

But why would DoppelCoop stop there? Maybe he also went to Diane's on 'that' night to rape her too so he could rub it in her face when he expected her in prison. Explains the meltdown and drinking problem.

Annie was in the hospital too. With the jade ring that got taken by a nurse. If mr.c did go to the hospital it was probably to get that ring back.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I wonder if the Diane role was originally written to be Annie but changed when Heather Graham didn't want to do it.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Franchescanado posted:

I mean, I knew it was a joke at kaworu's expense and other armchair theorists, but it also felt earnest enough for it's own ridicule. And I wanted to tie into my joke of people needed theories to justify a strong female lead in the series.

Just lol if you think a legit human Naomi Watts would have a name like Janey-e and, despite being intelligent and strong willed and basically capable of anything would marry a schlub like Dougie Jones who apparently even in his normal routine is so weird that his current behavior doesn't set off any alarms.

Like, what was their courtship like? Why did she, of her own free will, fall for this scrub? That's not what a strong, well written female role would do, it's what a niceguy's idealized woman does.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Man, I feel like BOB is one of the most revolting villains ever portrayed in media. If I think about all he's done to Coop, stealing his identity, assaulting his friends, imprisoning him for 25 years, it starts to make my stomach turn.

I know the concept of a "happy ending" is so far away from Lynch's priorities that you can see the curvature of the earth, but I really hope BOB gets what's coming to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illumn8d
Jul 24, 2002

If you've ever had someone grab your nutsack in a tussle then yank on it, you'll know why I greased the boys up.

n4 posted:

Straight A Whores

Only registered members can see post attachments!