Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

Only the Strong

Great film. capoeira rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

ButtWolf posted:

Jordan Bell is a 'film buff', here is his top 5
1. Transformers, the 3rd one
2. The Color Purple
3. Purple Rain
4. Con Air
5. Life

I'm taking him off of my big board.

I've never seen any of those movies, must be some pretty obscure stuff

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Face/Off introduced very important John Woo gun choreography (esp. the bit where both actors have their pistols braced against the other's forehead) to American film, and Bloodsport was by far JCVD's best movie about a secret fighting tournament, don't even try to compare it to Lionheart or Kickboxer or The Quest or No Retreat, No Surrender

yes I know technically JCVD's Hard Target was Woo's first western film but c'mon

Transformers 3 was the best of the Transformers movies but that doesn't mean much

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I might revise this again (especially the second round) before the draft but here is my current mock, more of an attempt at prediction than BPA order. I tried to factor in need and who teams worked out if I had any question about a pick, but am welcome to feedback from people following their teams more closely than me.

code:
1	Sixers	Markelle Fultz
2	Lakers	Josh Jackson
3	Boston	Jayson Tatum
4	Suns	Lonzo Ball
5	Kings	De'Aron Fox
6	Magic	Johnathan Issac
7	Timberwolves	Malik Monk
8	Knicks	Frank Ntilikina
9	Mavs	Dennis Smith Jr.
10	Kings	Lauri Markkanen
11	Hornets	Luke Kennard
12	Pistons	Donovan Mitchell
13	Nuggets	Zach Collins
14	Heat	Jarret Allen
15	Blazers	Terrance Ferguson
16	Bulls	Tyler Lydon
17	Bucks	Bam Adebayo
18	Pacers	Justin Jackson
19	Hawks	Rodions Kurucs
20	Blazers	Justin Patton
21	Thunder	Jawun Evans
22	Nets	Ike Anibogu
23	Raptors	Ivan Rabb
24	Jazz	Semi Ojeleye
25	Magic	Og Anunoby
26	Blazers	Isiah Hartenstein
27	Nets	DJ Wilison
28	Lakers	Josh Hart
29	Spurs	Jordan Bell
30	Jazz	Harry Giles
31	Hawks	Wesley Iwundu
32	Suns	PJ Dozier
33	Magic	Jonathan Motley
34	Kings	Azejs Pasecniks
35	Magic	Tony Bradley
36	Sixers	Mathias Lessort
37	Celtics	Alec Peters
38	Bulls	Frank Mason
39	Sixers	Jaron Blossomgame
40	Pelicans	Edmond Sumner
41	Hornets	Caleb Swanigan
42	Jazz	DIllon Brooks
43	Rockets	Monte Morris
44	Knicks	Sterling Brown
45	Rockets	Kadeem Allen
46	Sixers	Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk
47	Pacers	Tyler Dorsey
48	Bucks	Alberto Abalde
49	Nuggets	Jonah Bolden
50	Sixers	Vlatko Cancar
51	Nuggets	Omer Yurtseven
52	Wizards	Sindarius Thornwell
53	Celtics	Aleksander Venzenkov
54	Suns	Laurynas Birutis
55	Jazz	Damyean Dotson
56	Celtics	Alpha Kaba
57	Nets	Thomas Bryant
58	Knicks	Isaac Hamilton
59	Spurs	Amile Jefferson
60	Hawks	LJ Peak

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
I feel like you forgot about Frank Jackson

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Kurucs withdrew from the draft, Hawks U will have to find another amorphous wing to be their next enrollee.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Malik Monk would be kind of a surprise for the Timberwolves. I think they are far more interested in veteran help at the wing rather than bringing in another young piece there. I would guess they either take Lauri Markkanen in that situation or DSJ (who they have worked out) if he's available as Thibs continues his quest to replace Rubio.

If Isaac falls the Wolves were very interested there, but I think Isaac has a promise at #4.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Ford's latest. If anyone wants the capsule for any player/team let me know.

1. Philadelphia 76ers (via Celtics) - Markelle Fultz
2. Los Angeles Lakers - Lonzo Ball
3. Boston Celtics (via 76ers) - Josh Jackson
4. Phoenix Suns - Jayson Tatum
5. Sacramento Kings (via 76ers) - De'Aaron Fox
6. Orlando Magic - Jonathan Isaac
7. Minnesota Timberwolves - Lauri Markkanen
8. New York Knicks - Frank Ntilikina
9. Dallas Mavericks - Dennis Smith
10. Sacramento Kings (via Pelicans) - Zach Collins
11. Charlotte Hornets - Malik Monk
12. Detroit Pistons - Luke Kennard
13. Denver Nuggets - OG Anunoby
14. Miami Heat - Donovan Mitchell
15. Portland Trail Blazers - Harry Giles
16. Chicago Bulls - John Collins
17. Milwaukee Bucks - Ike Anigbogu
18. Indiana Pacers - TJ Leaf
19. Atlanta Hawks - Justin Patton
20. Portland Trail Blazers (via Grizzlies) - Edrice Adebayo
21. Oklahoma City Thunder - Justin Jackson
22. Brooklyn Nets (via Wizards) - Anzejs Pasecniks
23. Toronto Raptors (via Clippers) - Jonah Bolden
24. Utah Jazz - Tony Bradley
25. Orlando Magic (via Raptors) - Jarrett Allen
26. Portland Trail Blazers (via Cavaliers) - Isaiah Hartenstein
27. Brooklyn Nets (via Celtics) - Terrance Ferguson
28. L.A. Lakers (via Rockets) - D.J. Wilson
29. San Antonio Spurs - Josh Hart
30. Utah Jazz (via Warriors) - Tyler Lydon

Monk to Charlotte is basically their best-case scenario so I'd be down for this.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I want Lonzo Ball is Sacramento more than I've wanted anything in my life ever.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lonzo Rocks!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Monk is a total Vivek player but I hope we take him if he's there at #10. I'd rather try to turn him into a combo guard than add Collins to the mix and try to navigate that maze

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Portland has so many loving first round picks. You have to assume they trade at least one and maybe two.

I hate Luke Kennard to the Pistons, unathletic wings are scary, they spook me. Players with his run/jump athleticism as NBA starters are rare. I can think of D'angelo Russel, JJ Red Dick and younger Kyle Korver, otherwise you're thinking backups like Nik Stauskas and Tyler Ennis. That means he has to be an elite shooter and a very good playmaker to ever be a starter. Is he?

I'd rather play it safe and go Mitchell or Collins (bleh)/mybe trade with portland and get Anuboby and Hartenstein if they don't like anyone who's mocked 11-14. Mitchell isn't a prototypical starter, but he'd make their bench better and be KCP insurance. i have the same reservations about him now as I did when he rose after combine measurements, but guys with his physical profile tend to do well, and he looks decent on video.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Dejan Bimble posted:

Portland has so many loving first round picks. You have to assume they trade at least one and maybe two.

I hate Luke Kennard to the Pistons, unathletic wings are scary, they spook me. Players with his run/jump athleticism as NBA starters are rare. I can think of D'angelo Russel, JJ Red Dick and younger Kyle Korver, otherwise you're thinking backups like Nik Stauskas and Tyler Ennis. That means he has to be an elite shooter and a very good playmaker to ever be a starter. Is he?

I'd rather play it safe and go Mitchell or Collins (bleh)/mybe trade with portland and get Anuboby and Hartenstein if they don't like anyone who's mocked 11-14. Mitchell isn't a prototypical starter, but he'd make their bench better and be KCP insurance. i have the same reservations about him now as I did when he rose after combine measurements, but guys with his physical profile tend to do well, and he looks decent on video.

Mitchell was apparently outstanding on open threes in college. I don't really see how he becomes a star but he seems like a pretty safe bet to be a good three + D guy.

morestuff fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 19, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Also, Ched Ferd saying the Celtics are taking Jackson makes moving down to three much more defensible. At least he has all NBA potential

morestuff posted:

Mitchell was apparently outstanding on open threes in college. I don't really see how he becomes a star but he seems like a pretty safe bet to be a good three + D guy.

He seems to work very well as a complimentary player, but he's not helpless with the ball, he just seems solid

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dejan Bimble posted:

Also, Ched Ferd saying the Celtics are taking Jackson makes moving down to three much more defensible. At least he has all NBA potential

He seems to work very well as a complimentary player, but he's not helpless with the ball, he just seems solid

I dont see him dropping past Detroit not earlier than Charlotte. So 11 or 12. I think he could be a real good 6th man, which is good value late lottery.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/876846876598964224

Will be interesting if to see if they try and trade up to leapfrog NY.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Wonder if that means Vlade won't try to get cute and take Issac or Tatum hoping one guard will fall to #10

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/sixers/status/876856501612281858

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I trust the process

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

the Sixers sent their own 2017 first-round pick, No. 3, to Boston, as well as the 2018 first-round selection they received from the Los Angeles Lakers as part of a separate deal made at the 2015 NBA trade deadline.

More:

quote:

Of note, however, is that the Lakers’ pick going to the Celtics will come with key protections, covering next year’s first overall pick, and picks 6 through 30. Should the pick ultimately fall in those ranges, and subsequently not convey to the C’s, Boston will then be entitled to the better of either the Sixers' own 2019 first-round selection, or the 2019 first-round pick the Sixers acquired from a July 2015 swap with the Sacramento Kings.

A pivotal protection is in place for this scenario, too, as the Sixers will again be safeguarded from losing the number one pick in 2019.

Unaffected by Monday’s exchange is the four-pack of picks the Sixers hold in Thursday’s second-round, where they’re slotted for Nos. 36, 39, 46, and 50.

edit: also this thread is moving too slow, I have questions.

Can someone who understands the NBA better than me (admittedly very easy to do) explain why Boston isn't going to use all these assets to make a major go at Anthony Davis? That seems logical to me.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 19, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

morestuff posted:

https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/876846876598964224

Will be interesting if to see if they try and trade up to leapfrog NY.

The rumor I've read is they will try to trade with Minnesota to switch picks and get Rubio. Not sure what they'd be sending for salary but Powell/Harris or Matthews works. Every time the Mavs are asked about trading Matthews they say no but who knows.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Spacebump posted:

The rumor I've read is they will try to trade with Minnesota to switch picks and get Rubio. Not sure what they'd be sending for salary but Powell/Harris or Matthews works. Every time the Mavs are asked about trading Matthews they say no but who knows.

I'm confused as to why Minny would be interested in that

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

What if NY takes Frank? Will that guy get demoted to Summer League tape room guy

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

morestuff posted:

I'm confused as to why Minny would be interested in that

Me too

kiimo posted:

Can someone who understands the NBA better than me (admittedly very easy to do) explain why Boston isn't going to use all these assets to make a major go at Anthony Davis? That seems logical to me.

Because the Pels have literally no reason to trade Davis and nothing the Celtics can offer for him would be worth it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The pels have never been more unwilling to trade davis since they acquired cousins.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Spacebump posted:

Mavs are under the cap, so you don't need to match salary. You only need to match if the trade takes you over the cap.

But I don't know why the Timberwolves would drop down several spots just to give up a player on a pretty good salary. Maybe if Matthews is coming back and you think he'll recover from his Achilles but I dunno.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
It seems like there might be a good chance Dennis Smith might drop to NY and it kills me that his workout with us was canceled. I'd be happy with either Monk or Ntilikina I guess. Frank doesn't look very explosive TBH.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kiimo posted:

the Sixers sent their own 2017 first-round pick, No. 3, to Boston, as well as the 2018 first-round selection they received from the Los Angeles Lakers as part of a separate deal made at the 2015 NBA trade deadline.

More:

Trading for one of the most valuable young assets in the league is hard, as it turns out. Everyone in the league would love to trade for Davis, if he were easy to get he would already have been traded.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

IcePhoenix posted:

Because the Pels have literally no reason to trade Davis and nothing the Celtics can offer for him would be worth it.

Pretty much.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/celtics/status/876859851376402437

I really hope he's talking about Tatum

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Markelle Fultz smells bad and is known to kick puppies, anonymous sources say.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Well, I mean if it is, I'm glad he traded down

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

MourningView posted:

Markelle Fultz smells bad and is known to kick puppies, anonymous sources say.

That loving sonofabitch!

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
was there anything in any public Jokic scouting report that hinted he might be as good as he is? I want to read reports from anyone who thought he'd be good

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MourningView posted:

Trading for one of the most valuable young assets in the league is hard, as it turns out. Everyone in the league would love to trade for Davis, if he were easy to get he would already have been traded.

I am not under the impression that he's easy to get, I'm under the impression that the Celtics have the fool's ransom it would take to get him.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

kiimo posted:

I am not under the impression that he's easy to get, I'm under the impression that the Celtics have the fool's ransom it would take to get him.

There are very very very few things that could get new Orleans to trade Davis without Davis telling them he isn't going to re-sign and wants a trade and Boston has none of them

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Okay gotcha.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

EvanTH posted:

was there anything in any public Jokic scouting report that hinted he might be as good as he is? I want to read reports from anyone who thought he'd be good

HIs probglem was that everyone saw his slow feet and just said gently caress it. Because when he was 18he was tall and could shoot but didn't have the insane passing, ball handling and post game. He was a big slow body with high iq and a jumper. He really developed every facet of his game

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

kiimo posted:

If you don't think you can build a good team with Anthony Davis then you wouldn't think you can build a good team with a bunch of draft picks either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Celtics might have enough if Anthony Davis was on like his 2nd to last year of the contract, but nobody is trading someone who league-wide considers a future MVP with four years left on his deal.

• Locked thread