Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

Zelder posted:

What kind of sicko buys a fighting game for the single player content

Netherrealms, dogggg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

ArcSys was arguably at their zenith with GGXrd in terms of gameplay and graphics, with DBZ 3v3 they're entering a whole new world that is infinitely more visible due to this IP they are working with. It's possibly going to be their biggest selling game yet.

I'm excited, the only fighters I'm any good at are ArcSys anime fighters and because this one is Dragonball it actually has potential to be mainstream popular the way Streetfighter/MVC is. If it's actually good like it looks, it'll be the kind of game that maintains a big competitive scene for years

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Machine posted:

Netherrealms, dogggg

:barf:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The Machine posted:

Netherrealms, dogggg

You're still fighting ai opponents, what the gently caress

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Zelder posted:

Soul Calibur fans.

like, 10 years ago anyway

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if you want your fighting game to make money you're going to put in single player content, it's why NRS games have bulldozed Capcom games for quite a while. Injustice will probably end up selling more than MvCI. You'd have to be insane not to, even Tekken put in something this year. Guilty Gear always has a few modes outside of the basic ones, too.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

DLC Inc posted:

if you want your fighting game to make money you're going to put in single player content, it's why NRS games have bulldozed Capcom games for quite a while. Injustice will probably end up selling more than MvCI. You'd have to be insane not to, even Tekken put in something this year. Guilty Gear always has a few modes outside of the basic ones, too.

I hope Smash 4 Deluxe has Subspace Emissary 2.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I hope Smash 4 Deluxe has Subspace Emissary 2.

I didn't buy Super Mario Kart Deluxe 8 because I got everything I wanted out of it on the Wii U version, but I'd absolutely shell out $60 for Smash 4 again if it had a proper story mode.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I'm reminded that Blazblue Centralfiction actually is coming to the Switch, It's not Guilty Gear, but it is by far the best Blazblue ArcSys put out. I'll probably get it because of the portability and the fact that I play with a pad anyway. It's a shame it took ArcSys so long to really nail BlazBlue's formula that nobody cares about it anymore :saddowns:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

For real looking at Dante it looks like someone reskinned a Ganado from Resident Evil 4

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I'm hoping DBZ story mode will just be an hours long anime movie.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

One of the injustice games has a PSN trophy for 10 online wins that only a tiny percent of players have

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Gonna keep posting videos of it, because it looks insane. SO much goddamn personality to it.

Knock out an opponent and the next one comes screaming in for an arm lock before starting the next 'round' instantly :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfX4uS0J5jQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYBtr9KUQ8

:siren: Sign this petition that will go off to the devs to get it ported :siren:

Like I'm not normally one for petitions, but you need to lend all your power to Goku's spirit bomb attack to get this port happening :v:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Stan Taylor posted:

That dude's kinda funny but anytime he goes for like serious critical analysis he is so full of poo poo.

I am mad about video game opinions

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Zelder posted:

someone who wants to have fun with the game without having to go through 100 hours of regimented training excercises to prepare for being called homophobic slurs over the mic?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

AlphaKeny1 posted:

You joke but maybe it will be, that's literally what guilty gears story mode is, you hit play and it just rolls for like 8 hours

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I didn't buy Super Mario Kart Deluxe 8 because I got everything I wanted out of it on the Wii U version, but I'd absolutely shell out $60 for Smash 4 again if it had a proper story mode.

Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll add a lot more than just being a Wii U Deluxe port. I can't see Sakurai being lazy with it.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Augus posted:

someone who wants to have fun with the game without having to go through 100 hours of regimented training excercises to prepare for being called homophobic slurs over the mic?

Oh jeez, you don't mute people in random rooms? That's not recommended!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

The Bloop posted:

It involves a time machine and a can of mustache wax

is this how rosalina is meant to be luigi and peaches kid from the future that i read somewhere on this hell we call the internet.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

For real looking at Dante it looks like someone reskinned a Ganado from Resident Evil 4

I thought that was a Resident Evil character and didn't realize it was Dante. :lol::lol:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I'd rather die than fight an AI!!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Anyone sent their actual Switch unit to Nintendo Canada before? How long should I expect it to sit in "Received" before it moves to "In Service"? It's been sitting in received since last Thursday so I'm starting to wonder..

This whole repair has been beyond frustrating, between Nintendo sitting on it after Purolator gave the package the runaround for a few extra days.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Vikar Jerome posted:

is this how rosalina is meant to be luigi and peaches kid from the future that i read somewhere on this hell we call the internet.

Rosalina is the ninth Koopa Kid.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Martytoof posted:

Anyone sent their actual Switch unit to Nintendo Canada before? How long should I expect it to sit in "Received" before it moves to "In Service"? It's been sitting in received since last Thursday so I'm starting to wonder..

This whole repair has been beyond frustrating, between Nintendo sitting on it after Purolator gave the package the runaround for a few extra days.

For my Joy Cons, it skipped straight from Received to Sent in like 5 business days. Then they arrived 2 days later.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Advance copies are starting to trickle out for July's hottest game.

https://twitter.com/MrPoliZonte/status/876197209569710081

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Spellman posted:

For my Joy Cons, it skipped straight from Received to Sent in like 5 business days. Then they arrived 2 days later.

Hmm. Ok thanks. I'll give them a call if it hasn't moved by tomorrow PM I guess.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Infinitum posted:

Gonna keep posting videos of it, because it looks insane. SO much goddamn personality to it.

Knock out an opponent and the next one comes screaming in for an arm lock before starting the next 'round' instantly :allears:

:siren: Sign this petition that will go off to the devs to get it ported :siren:

Like I'm not normally one for petitions, but you need to lend all your power to Goku's spirit bomb attack to get this port happening :v:

Why do people want this when we got the good poo poo like fire emblem

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Augus posted:

I am mad about video game opinions

That's sad.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

THE loving MOON posted:

You joke but maybe it will be, that's literally what guilty gears story mode is, you hit play and it just rolls for like 8 hours

Nah I wasn't joking, xrd's story mode makes me hopeful that we'll get a DBZ fighterz anime and it will own.

I'm pretty hype for this game. Because of dragon ball super I was really wishing we'd get a fighter like all the old butoden games that never seemed to make it into the states.

And holy poo poo now that I'm looking it up apparently ArcSys made a butoden for 3DS that was actually released in the US.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Dizz posted:

More games > less games

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Advance copies are starting to trickle out for July's hottest game.

https://twitter.com/MrPoliZonte/status/876197209569710081

lol @ "it's him"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Chile's National Football team did a Nintendo Switch goal celebration

:allears:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I'm gunna be flying to the US soon. Have Switches been banned in cabins yet? Also are there any downsides to downloading games from other regions? Having Isaac for the flight would be nice but I know Nintendo's past eShop systems have been bad.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Dizz posted:

Last I checked Fire Emblem wasn't a fighting game?

Also: Fighting games are good

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

They should make a fire emblem fighting game.

ARC Sys should make a fire emblem fighting game

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zelder posted:

They should make a fire emblem fighting game.

ARC Sys should make a fire emblem fighting game

That's called Smash Bros.

They do let other characters in, though

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Make a new Urban Champion, c'mon.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Dugong posted:

I'm gunna be flying to the US soon. Have Switches been banned in cabins yet? Also are there any downsides to downloading games from other regions? Having Isaac for the flight would be nice but I know Nintendo's past eShop systems have been bad.

The DHS and TSA ban applies to anything electronic that's "larger than a cell phone or a smart phone."

So yes you would have to check your Switch in the cargo hold if you're flying in from the Middle East.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Maybe they should spend less time on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and more time making sure they've actually scored. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Infinitum posted:

Man this game looks just like the show, it's pretty amazing they pulled that off without it looking janky. The game also looks dope as poo poo. RIP Switch players.

• Locked thread