Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
I've discovered this one weird trick where, as long as I jiggle the back door lock correctly, I can get a bunch of food out of Heliogabalos' refrigerator whenever he leaves to go to the store. I just substitute a big pile of "nothing" for the "whatever" he has in his fridge, and it's all the same since nobody was there to see it.

quote:

Do you enjoy torturing small woodland creatures too?

Of course he doesn't. He enjoys torturing much larger game but only reported the squirrels.

Sundae fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliogabalos
Apr 16, 2017
you can still key in codes for the cheapest of item (for example, celery instead of organic whatever) and no one pays any attention and it saves me a fuckton of money on organic produce

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Do you enjoy torturing small woodland creatures too?

hahaha good lord, tell us about your time as a milk monitor you spazz

Eletriarnation
Apr 6, 2005

People don't appreciate the substance of things...
objects in space.

Oven Wrangler

Heliogabalos posted:

can I just claim I made a mistake even if the chronically underpaid staff discovered I inputted the incorrect code for excessively overpriced produce? yes
would I ever be charged? no
everything else: a bloo-bloo self-righteous bootlicking

My god, "it's not a crime if you don't get caught"? I've never heard this one before, please share more nuggets of unconventional wisdom. :allears:

Heliogabalos
Apr 16, 2017
you can still key in codes for the cheapest of item (for example, celery instead of organic whatever) and no one pays any attention and it saves me a fuckton of money on organic produce

Eletriarnation posted:

My god, "it's not a crime if you don't get caught"? I've never heard this one before, please share more nuggets of unconventional wisdom. :allears:

it's only a crime because you're observing that I am aware that I am exploiting a loophole - but in the real world, it would and will never be interpreted nor processed/assessed as a crime, you bunch of totalitarian, pretentious simpletons. What a bunch of prissy spergbabies

jesus I'm pointing out a neat loophole whereby you can save a bit of money at the almost infinitesimally undetectable expense of gigantic corporations and you are depicting me as a cartoon dog drilling into Scrooge McDuck's coin vault

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I found a pretty good Manufacturer's Coupon that doesn't expire until the end of the year. I scanned it and print out a new one from my office printer when I am going to the store. It probably saves me ~$15-20 a month and the cost of the ink from my work printer.

That is my retail theft confession.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Heliogabalos posted:

it's only a crime because you're observing that I am aware that I am exploiting a loophole - but in the real world, it would and will never be interpreted nor processed/assessed as a crime, you bunch of totalitarian, pretentious simpletons. What a bunch of prissy spergbabies

jesus I'm pointing out a neat loophole whereby you can save a bit of money at the almost infinitesimally undetectable expense of gigantic corporations and you are depicting me as a cartoon dog drilling into Scrooge McDuck's coin vault

actually keying in the different code for produce is a crime regardless of if you are aware (whatever the gently caress that means, I guess you don't sleepshop) or not.

Heliogabalos
Apr 16, 2017

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

actually keying in the different code for produce is a crime regardless of if you are aware (whatever the gently caress that means, I guess you don't sleepshop) or not.

citation needed, I want the exact loving statute that exactly words this in no uncertain terms

I'll wait

edit: \/\/ oh right I can see the exact part where Grandma will be forcibly detained for hitting 4 instead of 5 and paying 43 cents for a russet potato instead 46 cents for a yukon gold

are you this insufferable in real life? jesus sit down and drink some bleach

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Heliogabalos posted:

citation needed, I want the exact loving statute that exactly words this in no uncertain terms

I'll wait

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2913.02

You can see google's bias for my state.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Theft by deception requires deception. If there's no sticker on the piece of fruit you have no way of knowing whether or not it's actually "organic" because there's no difference on inspection.

I've seen setups where the organic and normal are right next to each other. Since labels fall off sometimes you no idea if you are getting the organic one or not.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

Theft by deception requires deception. If there's no sticker on the piece of fruit you have no way of knowing whether or not it's actually "organic" because there's no difference on inspection.

I've seen setups where the organic and normal are right next to each other. Since labels fall off sometimes you no idea if you are getting the organic one or not.

you have a duty to page the attendant.

Blut
Sep 11, 2009

if someone is in the bottom 10%~ of a guillotine
Screwing over large multinational corporations in tiny, almost certainly never going to be legally punished ways, is to be applauded. The fact it saves Heliogabalos money is just a nice side benefit.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

quote is not edit.

Eletriarnation
Apr 6, 2005

People don't appreciate the substance of things...
objects in space.

Oven Wrangler

Heliogabalos posted:

You're really getting super hyperbolic with people for pointing out the pretty obvious fact that buying something legally requires paying for it. I'm not judging you, there are some laws I don't like either. It's not 'a loophole' though, you're just stealing poo poo and you should accept that. Paying for a lesser good doesn't change it - if you stuck half of the produce in your pockets and paid for the other half it'd be the same situation in effect.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

hobbesmaster posted:

He was bragging about keying in cheaper items in place of the organic stuff he was getting.

Heliogabalos
Apr 16, 2017

Peachfart posted:

He was bragging about keying in cheaper items in place of the organic stuff he was getting.

where's the boast? I was pointing out the ease and simplicity. Does it take balls/ovaries of steel in your world to do something that basic?

haha loving :lol: at paging the attendant, okay Barney Fife

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Heliogabalos posted:

where's the boast? I was pointing out the ease and simplicity. Does it take balls/ovaries of steel in your world to do something that basic?

haha loving :lol: at paging the attendant, okay Barney Fife

you should switch UPC codes on a vacuum cleaner next and post about it you abhorrent gently caress.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Nevvy Z posted:

A GMO carrot is healthier than an organic cake.

fixed that for you

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

you should switch UPC codes on a vacuum cleaner next and post about it you abhorrent gently caress.

Do you actually care this much about petty theft, or does your scale of bad stuff only have "OK" and "Abhorrent gently caress" labels

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Gort posted:

Do you actually care this much about petty theft, or does your scale of bad stuff only have "OK" and "Abhorrent gently caress" labels
This type of loss is what is used to justify the prevalence of food deserts in "high theft" areas. He's literally the reason kids in London are getting scurvy in 2016-2017.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

What is Safeway actually doing with all my scanned copies of manufacturer's coupons? Is it functionally the same (in terms of reimbursement) as if I went and got 100 news papers and cut them out or am I taking them down from within?

Blut
Sep 11, 2009

This type of loss is what is used to justify the prevalence of food deserts in "high theft" areas. He's literally the reason kids in London are getting scurvy in 2016-2017.

The man stealing trivial amounts from large multinational corporations is literally the reason kids in London are getting scurvy. Not bad parenting. Not the gutting of public services by a series of right-wing governments. Not the general decline in welfare of the working class.

If anything, by doing his part in the battle against capitalism Heliogabalos is on the side of the poor kids in London suffering from the effects of globalization.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

What is Safeway actually doing with all my scanned copies of manufacturer's coupons? Is it functionally the same (in terms of reimbursement) as if I went and got 100 news papers and cut them out or am I taking them down from within?

It's the same, they submit the claims to the manufacturer and get their cash.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I don't care as much that he is a thief as much as that he thinks it is okay to be a thief.
Plus, his posting is a far worse crime.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Blut posted:

The man stealing trivial amounts from large multinational corporations is literally the reason kids in London are getting scurvy. Not bad parenting. Not the gutting of public services by a series of right-wing governments. Not the general decline in welfare of the working class.

If anything, by doing his part in the battle against capitalism Heliogabalos is on the side of the poor kids in London suffering from the effects of globalization.

Yes entities, not even those bound by capitalism, attempt to minimize loss. His actions result in such attempts. The easiest way to prevent produce loss (already a thin margin) in high loss areas is to not offer it.

Heliogabalos
Apr 16, 2017

Yes entities, not even those bound by capitalism, attempt to minimize loss. His actions result in such attempts. The easiest way to prevent produce loss (already a thin margin) in high loss areas is to not offer it.

that is an american problem exacerbated by endemic poverty that itself is rooted in systemic racism,although your simplistic rendering of a perceived correlation and your immensely disproportionate response are pretty entertaining though, if colossally stupid

(I'm not American)

E: w/e or uk

Heliogabalos fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 19, 2017

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Heliogabalos posted:

that is an american problem exacerbated by endemic poverty that itself is rooted in systemic racism,although your simplistic rendering of a perceived correlation and your immensely disproportionate response are pretty entertaining though, if colossally stupid

(I'm not American)

I was unaware that London is in America.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

I wasn't going to comment on this stupid tangent, but this is actually a really lovely take and you should feel bad about it. The fact that some companies will use petty theft in "bad" neighborhoods as a justification for not servicing those neighborhoods does not make it a reasonable justification. It isn't the fault of the hypothetical criminals that this happens, it's the fault of the real companies making real decisions.

Blut
Sep 11, 2009

No, I think you'll find the easiest way to prevent kids getting scurvy in London is by not having an awful neoliberal government that guts welfare and education spending.

If more of the population took action against large multinational corporations there would be less of them in existence. And less pro capitalism, anti-working class, politicians getting their campaign donations from said corporations.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I stole a muffin from BC Ferries, it wasn't theft it was political protest at their prices though. The muffin was organic.
I think it's the only physical item I've ever stolen in my entire life :(

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Most theft (by a vast margin) is by employees.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Paradoxish posted:

I wasn't going to comment on this stupid tangent, but this is actually a really lovely take and you should feel bad about it. The fact that some companies will use petty theft in "bad" neighborhoods as a justification for not servicing those neighborhoods does not make it a reasonable justification. It isn't the fault of the hypothetical criminals that this happens, it's the fault of the real companies making real decisions.
The companies are using the same line of reasoning as our criminal extraordinaire.

Blut posted:

No, I think you'll find the easiest way to prevent kids getting scurvy in London is by not having an awful neoliberal government that guts welfare and education spending.

If more of the population took action against large multinational corporations there would be less of them in existence. And less pro capitalism, anti-working class, politicians getting their campaign donations from said corporations.

Is there an argument here or are you yelling at clouds?

Heliogabalos
Apr 16, 2017

Paradoxish posted:

Moreover the profit projections are not derived from *putting fresh greens in poor neighborhoods and the poors steal thems*, they are derived from marginally poor lower-middle-income neighborhoods where loss ratios are massively tertiary to a lack of profit margin because poorer people can't afford brand name peanut butter - so they are never going to build box grocery store X in low income/poverty areas. That's as simple a cause and effect assessment as one can make it, yet somehow I am a destitute animal killer lol

jfc, considering the millons of tons of produce written off as literally garbage every day, I cannot even fathom how someone could be so stupid as to make this into a tangent.

My code substitution on overpriced veggies in causes scurvy thousands of kilometers away in London youth

\/\/\/ thank you internet genius - substituting saves me a good deal of money every week, you douche. I was pointing it out, I am not making myself out to be some sort of vegetable saviour, jfc

Heliogabalos fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 19, 2017

Morbus
May 18, 2004

I don't think anyone gives a poo poo that he's fudging with product codes to save 3 cents on a potato or whatever, it's just hilarious he's conceptualized this as a Wierd Trick / Loophole as opposed just a really inefficient and limp-dicked form of self-checkout abuse.

Heliogabalos, you could also just not pay for the potatoes. You could still just say you forgot, you aren't gonna get arrested for Grand Theft Potato in the amount of $4, and on the off-off-off-chance that you come across some poor LP lackey that tries to call you on it you can just walk out and nothing will happen. You'd also save more than 3 cents. You can thank me later for illuminating this clever loophole for you.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Heliogabalos posted:

Moreover the profit projections are not derived from *putting fresh greens in poor neighborhoods and the poors steal thems*, they are derived from marginally poor lower-middle-income neighborhoods where loss ratios are massively tertiary to a lack of profit margin because poorer people can't afford brand name peanut butter - so they are never going to build box grocery store X in low income/poverty areas. That's as simple a cause and effect assessment as one can make it, yet somehow I am a destitute animal killer lol

jfc, considering the millons of tons of produce written off as literally garbage every day, I cannot even fathom how someone could be so stupid as to make this into a tangent.

My code substitution on overpriced veggies in causes scurvy thousands of kilometers away in London youth
My actions don't have consiquences
:goonsay:

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

dont even fink about it posted:

But once you try to eliminate all the employees, it's going to be primarily theft by customers. :v:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

dont even fink about it posted:

Actually most theft is by capital from its employees :)
If you aren't stealing from your boss you're stealing from your family.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I really don't give a poo poo if you charge non organic celery for your organic celery to save a few bucks, but it's definitely stealing and you should probably admit it is

Blut
Sep 11, 2009

The companies are using the same line of reasoning as our criminal extraordinaire.

Is there an argument here or are you yelling at clouds?

The argument is you're a horrible person for trying to put the blame for children having scurvy on a poor individual stealing pennies from a large multinational corporation. Instead of blaming the system / politicians / corporations that are actually responsible for it.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Blut posted:

The argument is you're a horrible person for trying to put the blame for children having scurvy on a poor individual stealing pennies from a large multinational corporation. Instead of blaming the system / politicians / corporations that are actually responsible for it.

I mean I would just stop at his argument not being easily disprovable and not remotely accurate to the facts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Blut posted:

The goon criminal lives in a demographic where there is produce and if you want to dismiss individual culpability under capitalism that extends to the 1% you stupid idealist.