Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

dad on the rag posted:

I have 1 token and I need 899 more. Shoot me now please.

Wait, what do you need 900 tokens for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Baron Snow posted:

3 sets of legendary armor is my guess.

Since I've been doing some intermittent raiding and accumulating LIs, I've toyed with the idea of making a set. Most of the steps I don't mind doing and would probably gather all the crap I anyways, albeit slowly/over time.

The provisioner token grind sucks so badly because it basically requires you to go out of your way and engage in some serious preplanning. It's a huge bottleneck.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Baron Snow posted:

It's 50 for each legendary armor piece. Funny thing is that I pretty much have everything else for two sets already. I've lost all motivation to do them for some reason.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I wish there was an in game notepad that I could use to have the pact mapping supply vendors pasted into.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I loving hate the pact supply vendors so much

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

dad on the rag posted:

It's 50 for each legendary armor piece. Funny thing is that I pretty much have everything else for two sets already. I've lost all motivation to do them for some reason.

It's not some reason, it's a very real reason. They are not just unfun, they are negative fun. It's hours of busywork that you have to prep for and execute across weeks, with no gameplay, just loading screens.

And if you point out why the system is bad you get crushed by shitlords who are all "I suffered through it, so you do it too"., or " you're just lazy and making excuses, you had months of warning and now you're a crying elitist, suck it".

I guess the moral of the story also is reddit sucks.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

Magres posted:

I loving hate the pact supply vendors so much

I totally forgot they existed until just now

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

AnacondaHL posted:

It's not some reason, it's a very real reason. They are not just unfun, they are negative fun. It's hours of busywork that you have to prep for and execute across weeks, with no gameplay, just loading screens.

And if you point out why the system is bad you get crushed by shitlords who are all "I suffered through it, so you do it too"., or " you're just lazy and making excuses, you had months of warning and now you're a crying elitist, suck it".

I guess the moral of the story also is reddit sucks.

oh god it's WoW raider gear all over again

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

CLAM DOWN posted:

I totally forgot they existed until just now

I don't apologize for making you remember, I need you to suffer with me. They're so annoying to have to do, and I haven't been doing them but I feel like I should.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Don't you guys use gw2timer for the pact supply vendors? Just click once and it'll copy all the waypoints and the site will have a updated item list around 1 hour after reset.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen
Does gw2taco have the supply vendors marked?

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Arus gw2taco is cheating and I'm going to report you to anet for talking about it

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

thanks alot assbag posted:

Arus gw2taco is cheating and I'm going to report you to anet for talking about it

poo poo poo poo poo poo my reign of terror is coming to an end, someone tell Cletus that Dreggon gets the guild, it's in my living will and testament

Soda Addict
Apr 19, 2003
Insert Something Here

CLAM DOWN posted:

poo poo poo poo poo poo my reign of terror is coming to an end, someone tell Cletus that Dreggon gets the guild, it's in my living will and testament

I thought sork gets the guild

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
gw2taco doesn't have the vendors. I mean, it's some :effort: to do the Pact vendors but again, :effort:.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
EDIT: Haha, wrong thread. SFD members please check the gotdang website.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

dad on the rag posted:

Don't you guys use gw2timer for the pact supply vendors? Just click once and it'll copy all the waypoints and the site will have a updated item list around 1 hour after reset.
Why would anyone care so much about the supply vendors? :confused:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
You get some unique recipes or something from the vendor, only when it is in certain locations

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
You buy the mapping materials for karma and make easy gold too.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Map_bonus_reward/profit

SkullMuffinz
Jan 31, 2011

I like things that are dumb.
On the subject of pact supply merchants, sorry if I'm completely missing the point (didn't sleep well) or if you all already know about this, but the wiki automatically updates where they're located each day and link to the closest waypoint too for convenience.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pact_Supply_Network_Agent

Hope this helps? :confuoot:
Sorry again if I'm accidently poo poo posting.

Edit: dad on the rag mentioned another resource that's basically the same thing but better it sounds like.

SkullMuffinz fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jun 20, 2017

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Yeah, but you need to paste the links into chat, and keep them visible which is hard if there's a lot going on.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Atari teenager posted:

Concerning the New Baby Raid team that raids on Mondays at 2200 UTC (1800EST, 2300GMT, 0000CET)

If you ever need someone semi experienced to sub in (or if any other groups need someone) hit me up - Vidmaster is my account name, look for Plowable Slampiglet or Dongfrenzy (or any of my boring named characters) in game. I have a fully ascended geared PS warrior (power but hopefully I'll get condi gear soon), power ele, and condi ranger. Raids are fun and I'd like to do more to finish the envoy armor collections, but also mostly gently caress pubbies.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

My god they did it, a dye whiter than any dye could ever be.

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

TeaJay posted:

All in all, the Mordrem are complete pushovers in comparison to the mushrooms (and raptors).

How do you suppose they're still alive and fighting against the might of Mordy's combined and coordinated forces? Of course they're more powerful.

Just wait until we discover the hidden seventh Elder Dragon: Fungiwrath
... Heavens help us all.

Mercurius posted:

The foefire shoulders look stupid with everything I previewed them alongside so I didn't bother with them but the handwraps aren't bad at all. They've got 4 dye channels (metal bits, the main wrapped cloth, the wristband and the runes themselves), the glowing runes pulse, the dangling bits have cloth physics and they add rings to both hands for added bling factor:

Do those channels actually change the color, though? Or is it like luminescent where it's still blue, but a different shade of blue?

Eltoasto posted:

My god they did it, a dye whiter than any dye could ever be.

A new white dye? What is it called?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Is there a short list of "Ways you spend your time at 80 that you don't really do while leveling"? I have a level-80 boost that I'm not sure if I should use now, or level my 40-something guy up to 80 naturally first.

Any reason not to do it, and just play in other areas scaled down?

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

it's so white I can't even see my chaos greatsword's blade now.

It's also a really expensive dye so guess I'm going to be saving for months.

I must become more white.

Lonk fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jun 20, 2017

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I wanna see the Bee Man, I'm not sure who is more outrageous.

lucifirius fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jun 20, 2017

Sair
May 11, 2007

Devor posted:

Is there a short list of "Ways you spend your time at 80 that you don't really do while leveling"? I have a level-80 boost that I'm not sure if I should use now, or level my 40-something guy up to 80 naturally first.

Any reason not to do it, and just play in other areas scaled down?

If it's your first time playing I'd say just do it normally. There's lots to explore!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

for a first time character you really should just level normally to get a better feel for the flow of the game. unlike other mmos it doesn't take a limb or two to max one out, and you can save level boosts for fresh characters once you know more about what's going on.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Blasphemeral posted:

How do you suppose they're still alive and fighting against the might of Mordy's combined and coordinated forces? Of course they're more powerful.

Just wait until we discover the hidden seventh Elder Dragon: Fungiwrath
... Heavens help us all.

Do those channels actually change the color, though? Or is it like luminescent where it's still blue, but a different shade of blue?

They actually change the colour, those were gold before I dyed them blue to match the highlights on my character's skirt.

I'll take a better picture with them dyed bright clashing colours so you can see the dye channels when I get home from work.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Who needs facial features?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

Lonk posted:

Who needs facial features?

That's an upgrade from your regular face tho

Orv
May 4, 2011

Blasphemeral posted:

$Texas White

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Haha oh my god, we were doing the Hearts and Minds challenge mode, and after we had finally figured everything out, at 25% at the last air phase, the party leader got thrown out of the instance. :negative: Now we gotta do the Eir fight all over again.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

That's an upgrade from your regular face tho

Sorry I don't speak Beta but you probably just need to get beaten down by me right?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Oh hey. They know.

https://i.gyazo.com/0f3a537129b048b8c1022c8058cd279e.png

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen
:siren: :siren: :siren: ATTENTION STARFLEET DENTAL (and any other parties interested in joining) :siren: :siren: :siren:

This Saturday June 24th, at 2 hours before guild missions (3pm PST/6pm EST/11pm CET/7:30am AEST), we are hosting another infamous SFD guild event: THE GREAT GUILD HALL TREASURE HUNT hosted by your favourite troublesome troubadour, Tacitus!

Details can be found here: https://www.starfleetdental.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4269-the-great-guild-hall-treasure-hunt-~~-the-official-rules-thread/#comment-51914

See you all this Saturday for some insane prizes including sacks of gems, a pile of precursors, and dozens more mysteries! Grand prize is a romantic night with Great Successor Arus, all-inclusive!

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

Grand prize is a romantic night with Great Successor Arus, all-inclusive!

I will be taking you up on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

No seriously who came up with this trend of female armor in MMOs

• Locked thread