Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Venom Snake posted:

What a nuclear exchange would look like has changed over the decades and it's not "Duck and Cover" 1950's pop science. There are dozens of factors to consider such as who launched first and what parties are involved. For example: are we talking JUST the United States and Russia? NATO and Russia? NATO, Russia, and CHYNA?

*chinese missile crashes into the sf bay area, spreading a thick cloud of toxic drywall dust and factory reject plastic doodads into the water*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

CortezFantastic posted:

I didn't really pay attention to this but saw the dad drag Obama and his admin and praise Trump about this and really didn't think they could've handled something competently. Is this what happened?

Yeah, the worst Koreans hosed him up really badly and then gave his family back a vegetable in the hopes that it would avert US wrath. It absolutely worked, because Donny T. is an idiot.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
does congress have to declare an InfoWar, or is it one of those things where we just all pretend they did!

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Nichael posted:

I think considering what Huckabee kid and Spicey deal with, they do okay. I can't imagine having their job (but mostly because I have a moral center and compassion for my fellow human beings).

Isn't Spicey essentially getting a promotion though?

~It's a promotion so they can fire him in a couple of months and nobody will care~

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Louisgod posted:

so what is next week?

the healthcare vote

the double holocaust

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
otto warmbier was the one

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Lol almost forgot loogs is canadian

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Weaponized Information is such a fascinating concept. And we're a generation behind Russia in understanding it.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
they should make a weekend at kim jong's where lil' kim has to convince trump otto warmbier is still alive through complex marionette work and potemkin jail cells

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mormonpartyboat posted:

the truest turing test is to see if a computer will click the pope to win a free pope

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Relevant Tangent posted:

~It's a promotion so they can fire him in a couple of months and nobody will care~

I'll care... I'll care...

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

u wanted the alex jonesification of the media and now ur getting it loogs!

u wanted this!!!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Joementum posted:

does congress have to declare an InfoWar, or is it one of those things where we just all pretend they did!

you have won the infowar........but it will take years to win the infopeace.......

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

A democrat is within the margin of error in R+20 district

This ain't a good sign for trump

anything that doesn't immediately make trump vanish into thin air like an evil ghost is worthless in every way

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Trump probably folded because no reasonable country would enter negotiations without confirming the prisoner is at least alive and not propped up like weekend at bernies. When Warmbier fell into a coma NK probably refused access because it would just cause Obama to get SK/CN to gently caress NK up even more.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
That is a good question, what does info-peace look like?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

http://i.imgur.com/P41jdYQ.mp4

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

What a nuclear exchange would look like has changed over the decades and it's not "Duck and Cover" 1950's pop science. There are dozens of factors to consider such as who launched first and what parties are involved. For example: are we talking JUST the United States and Russia? NATO and Russia? NATO, Russia, and CHYNA?

why are you so horny for nukes

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Carrie Fisher had cocaine, methadone, heroin and ecstasy in her system when she died in December, according to an autopsy report released Monday.

gently caress yea

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Joementum posted:

I think its still an InfoPoliceAction right now

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

yeah
I wouldn't say I wanted it, but I wanted something unique to come out of the information age.

I can't imagine how things return to normal at this point.
beware unintended consequences. i think the conspiritization of the right has actually made the right more vulnerable to being manipulated by actual conspiracies. if you believe the world is a conspiracy, you're more likely to participate in a conspiracy -- because that's how the world works, right?

u can see the same logic now where both the right and left justify alinskyite tactics because politics is "war." it culminated in the right outsourcing domestic dirty tricks to foreign intelligence.

IMO i can also imagine liberals copying these tactics. might already be going on with western european intelligence agencies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_klLrDycqA

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 23:02 on Jun 19, 2017

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Baloogan posted:

That is a good question, what does info-peace look like?

like a big bowl of chili :)

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

he dragged in cook and bezos to hear his demands

https://twitter.com/kaylatausche/status/876918857243426816
https://twitter.com/johnshinal/status/876921788516548608

Serf
May 5, 2011

Yinlock posted:

i mean he thinks they wouldn't be that bad, so why wouldn't he be?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Reality Winner posted:

Carrie Fisher had cocaine, methadone, heroin and ecstasy in her system when she died in December, according to an autopsy report released Monday.

gently caress yea

Shoulda called her General Anesthesia instead of General Organa

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

when u think about it, it's obama's fault for not telling donny that luke warmbier was a vegetable

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Serf posted:

i mean he thinks they wouldn't be that bad, so why wouldn't he be?

much like gun's, nukes have never harmed anyone ever

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

lol trump's asleep

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Baloogan posted:

Weaponized Information is such a fascinating concept. And we're a generation behind Russia in understanding it.

who the gently caress is we

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

so the plan is to churn out a bunch of programmers at home to make them cheaper rather than importing h1bs?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Reality Winner posted:

when u think about it, it's obama's fault for not telling donny that luke warmbier was a vegetable

Chances are he did and Donny was just staring off into space wondering how North Korean piss tasted like.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
coding should not be a requirement in school

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

holy gently caress a bear got the remote control

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Yinlock posted:

You know how no one can look away from trainwrecks? Nuclear war is literally the train wreck to end all trainwrecks so it's the mod interesting thing in the universe

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/kaylatausche/status/876916222130081792

lmao

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

require coding in school? i see your plan

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

donny got swindled by a pre-sale condo brochure, only with a human

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Agean90 posted:

You know how no one can look away from trainwrecks? Nuclear war is literally the train wreck to end all trainwrecks so it's the mod interesting thing in the universe
nuclear war is very boring because its bad for t v

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

i hope bezos spits in trumps face, if anyone will do it it'll be him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

• Locked thread