Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I'm having an ice cold dos equis in his memory

rip warmbier X_X

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So hes not going to have to finish out the 14 years hard labor? Couldn't they do it weekend at bernies style?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Toadvine posted:

No and we probably never will. Doctors ruled out trauma (no evidence in tests) but there are other forms of mistreatment that could cut off oxygen that wouldn't leave evidence. Or it could have been a natural cardiac arrest/asphyxiation situation.

Whatever happened that lead to his brain not getting enough oxygen, nk waited too long to resuscitate him and that's what liquefied his brain.

He was jerkin it, happens to the best of us

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tumble posted:

huh. i guess it was north koreas superior medical technology that was keeping him alive this whole time. i mean as soon as he gets back to imperialist United States he just ups and dies.

really makes ya think

His family probably Terri Schiavoed him after they found our his brain was gone, fits with the timeline.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I think the take away here is don't go to North Korea. It's not worth it just to say you've been to North Korea. It's not some tourist destination where you can just gently caress around and be an idiot. They probably played the pass-out game with the schlub for shits and giggles.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I heard he found a monkey paw in the prison camp and wished he could be back in america forever

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Blue Train posted:

He was jerkin it, happens to the best of us

*guards walk past Ottos cell where he's strung up by the neck, prick in hand, tongue lolling*

"Let's wait til he's finished, it's the humane thing to do"

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
Rollin' down the street, stealin' banners, sippin on gin and Juche
Sent back, with my mind on nothin' and nothin' on my mind

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Otto Wasthere
Otto Wasted

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Maybe NK stole his mind?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

VikingSkull posted:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jun 19, 2017

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

VikingSkull posted:

:snoop:

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

coma, coma, coma, coma, coma korean

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

EX250 Type R posted:

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
i like to think otto is reading this thread in heaven and having a good laugh

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

EX250 Type R posted:

hehe

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

EX250 Type R posted:

:shepface: motherfucker that's good

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
dude's dead, op

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

F

Beccara
Feb 3, 2005
:five:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

EX250 Type R posted:

your brains they go
your brains they gooooooo

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Three Olives posted:

His family probably Terri Schiavoed him after they found our his brain was gone, fits with the timeline.

well yea once his family got hit with the hospital bills what else were they gonna do? gotta keep current with the cable bill and all

another strike against pig-dog America, another underscore for glorious Best Korea

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

EX250 Type R posted:

you're comatose, you're comatooooose

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I agree

I can't get coma coma korean out of my head now. Maybe if I cut off the oxygen for a bit it'll stop

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth
He's dead now y'all

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

VikingSkull posted:

you're comatose, you're comatooooose

poo poo this is way better than mine

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth
http://abcnews.go.com/US/otto-warmbier-american-student-detained-north-korea-17/story?id=48140700

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I can't believe Trump killed him

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

I can't believe Trump killed him

Trump did 6/19

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

new friend from school posted:

He's dead now y'all

He's comatose
He's comatose
He's comatose
He's comatose
He's comatose
He's comatose
He's comatose
He's DEAD

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Unlike Otto, we can never forget

VikingSkull posted:

He's comatose
He's comatose
He's comatose
He's comatose
He's comatose
He's comatose
He's comatose
He's DEAD

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

MrMidnight posted:

Is it bad that as soon I found out he died I raced to this thread with a smirk on my face

considering he was dumb enough to not only go to north korea but also mess with the poo poo (e.g. a poster or flag) of a lunatic regime, I would not fault you for finding it funny

I find it somewhat funny, albeit morbidly

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Wow, under the Obama administration he was alive
he didn't die until Trump came into office :sad:

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

That Robot posted:

considering he was dumb enough to not only go to north korea but also mess with the poo poo (e.g. a poster or flag) of a lunatic regime, I would not fault you for finding it funny

I find it somewhat funny, albeit morbidly

only a first world cis white male would think it would be ok to go to a 3rd world communist country and mess with stuff

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

VikingSkull posted:

impressive post for once :yeah:

EX250 Type R posted:

:five:

this thread is going places

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.

Mnoba posted:

only a first world cis white male would think it would be ok to go to a 3rd world communist country and mess with stuff

Isn't NK the 2nd world?

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

B. Birdsworth posted:

Isn't NK the 2nd world?

Yes indeedy

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

B. Birdsworth posted:

Isn't NK the 2nd world?

Tumble posted:

Yes indeedy

thank loving god someone besides me remembers what 1st, 2nd and 3rd world originally meant

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

VikingSkull posted:

thank loving god someone besides me remembers what 1st, 2nd and 3rd world originally meant

it means quinn and the sliders have to find their way back to our earth :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

• Locked thread