Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I thought the same thing but dabs instead of beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I thought the same thing but dabs instead of beer.

ayup, same.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

the gently caress is a dab, just concentrated weed?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
A hit of hash.

Yes, concentrated weed. All the thc, almost none of the skunk rear end in a top hat smell.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jun 19, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Smiling Jack posted:

Shatter is like 65% THC or something while the leaf is like 20% or something. Much more potent high.

First time I took a dab I thought it worked like a bong and almost killed myself.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Smiling Jack posted:

Illegal :troll:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
/\ where you're at, yeah. Not that I know where you are, it's just a safe guess. Thank gently caress for Colorado.

Shatter varies 70-80% thc, wax can be higher but is generally just disturbed during cooling and butane evaporation, so it doesn't cool into a little stiff pane of thc. Flower is hitting 27-32% depending on what the dispensaries have, but good 18-25% stuff is half the price.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
gently caress I remember as a kid people were talking about the newest maddest poo poo at 10%

That's loving amazing.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The flower that's breaking 30% is some heavily watched stuff. This isn't the kind of weed you grow in a backyard or a county road ditch, it's lab grown. But the genetics for 20-25% are more common now and don't require a lab to grow, but still a greenhouse.

The people growing weed outdoors now in Colorado are doing it for concentrates. It's not as difficult as it used to be to grow 15% stuff, and pounds of it on one plant, outdoors. It still requires sexing and culling and fertilizing and babysitting. The money isn't there for that stuff. I did see harvest sales last fall where outdoor was selling for under $100/oz, overwhelmingly seedless, but just didn't get the monitoring to peak in a grow room or green house.

This is all just perceived, but I know a few folks in different aspects of the field now. Going to be interesting the next few years.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Why did no one tell me how awesome cycling was until after I was a dad

just now deciding i'm getting in to it. I've had a bike forever but it was more just for "oh hey lets ride bikes"

I might need to look in to a new bike soon though, want drop bars

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Went out on the kayak to trap crabs this weekend. Caught 5 big crabs and a hell of a workout pulling up my traps.

Made some nice crab cakes.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've been casually browsing CL and OfferUp for hard tail mountain bikes, trying to find a good hardrock with disc brakes for under $300. Almost got one for 200, then the dude upped the price to 3 because his dad yelled at him for selling his bike for so little. So the search continues until I can wreck myself on trails in style

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
A real dad would've let his kid sell it for two then told him he's an idiot after the fact because that builds character.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Slim Pickens posted:

I've been casually browsing CL and OfferUp for hard tail mountain bikes, trying to find a good hardrock with disc brakes for under $300. Almost got one for 200, then the dude upped the price to 3 because his dad yelled at him for selling his bike for so little. So the search continues until I can wreck myself on trails in style

The classic dad alibi

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
lol I caught 6 fish yesterday in 3 hours. $$$ bitch

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Woof Blitzer posted:

lol I caught 6 fish yesterday in 3 hours. $$$ bitch

Caught a flounder in my crab trap. Future bait.

Also gently caress you DEERS for someone corrupting my records and saying I was born in Kansas. loving hate going into that drat place.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

we used to go out on the jettys during low tide and catch crabs with a clothespin and smashed mussels

you'd fill up a 5 gallon bucket with them, then we'd dump the bucket on the shore to see them race back to the shore

poo poo was fun as hell as a kid

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Biking on all 5 of my days off

Should be able to hit 350 miles in total.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

we used to go out on the jettys during low tide and catch crabs with a clothespin and smashed mussels

Explain

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Zeris posted:

Explain

Smash mussel, put in clothespin tied to string, drop in water to the bottom, wait. Pull up line, profit because the crabs grab on to the clothespin to eat the mussels?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I asked a question about car insurance easier in the thread and I'm just curious if someone can explain this to me.

Backstory refresher:

My license got suspended for failing to pay a speeding ticket (because I elected to take the class so I paid a smaller fine, but Army happened and I forgot to take the class and forgot to pay the additional money). I moved and they sent the notice to my old address and I never received it and didn't know. I got pulled over and got a ticket for it. My car insurance skyrocketed to $300/mo. So I sold my car because I'm not paying $300/mo.

I got that ticket in June 2014. I paid it within a week and got my license reinstated.

It's three years for stuff to come off your driving record, so I called USAA assuming that this stuff would be coming off my record soon. But the date of conviction that the DMV sent is December 2014, even though I paid the ticket waaaayyyy before that time.

What caused the lag? Is this worth the hassle of dealing with the DMV to try and straighten it out?

Either way my insurance is way WAY lower (mostly because I'm not going to be financing the car this time) so I can easily afford it, I'm just kind of annoyed right now.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

orange juche posted:

Smash mussel, put in clothespin tied to string, drop in water to the bottom, wait. Pull up line, profit because the crabs grab on to the clothespin to eat the mussels?

I was imagining something way more complicated. Crab...dumb

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

not caring here posted:

Is that the one with the wallflowers we can be heroes over the top and the dude basically reenacts Nagasaki by accident?

Finally found it. There's another more recent version with some gay music over it but this was like the OG blown up by a gasoline bonfire video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW9mHlzd6rk

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Zeris posted:

I was imagining something way more complicated. Crab...dumb

Catching crab is ridiculously simple. I used to catch four or five at a time just with a piece of chicken gizzard tied to a string.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

gar

thumbs up emoji

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Our crabs are little larger than the blue crab back east. I've seen peeps use bait tied up in panty hose cast out with a fishing pole. Realy gets snagged up on their claws.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

TBeats posted:

I asked a question about car insurance easier in the thread and I'm just curious if someone can explain this to me.

Backstory refresher:

My license got suspended for failing to pay a speeding ticket (because I elected to take the class so I paid a smaller fine, but Army happened and I forgot to take the class and forgot to pay the additional money). I moved and they sent the notice to my old address and I never received it and didn't know. I got pulled over and got a ticket for it. My car insurance skyrocketed to $300/mo. So I sold my car because I'm not paying $300/mo.

I got that ticket in June 2014. I paid it within a week and got my license reinstated.

It's three years for stuff to come off your driving record, so I called USAA assuming that this stuff would be coming off my record soon. But the date of conviction that the DMV sent is December 2014, even though I paid the ticket waaaayyyy before that time.

What caused the lag? Is this worth the hassle of dealing with the DMV to try and straighten it out?

Either way my insurance is way WAY lower (mostly because I'm not going to be financing the car this time) so I can easily afford it, I'm just kind of annoyed right now.

your credit score, the length of your relationship with usaa and whether you have enlisted or officer usaa all matter.

i have a worse driving record and pay way less but have 14 years with usaa, family with 30 years+ and a high credit score.

edit: the lenght of time with them might not matter. i do know that being an officer/snco or a dependent of one gets you better rates than junior enlisted scum.

vains fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jun 19, 2017

vains
May 26, 2004

theres like 4 tiers of companies within usaa. people on the internet get pretty mad about the tiers and usaa is pretty tight lipped about it. so you can read into it if you want on your own because i dont really know the whole story.

United Services Automobile Association (licensed in all states, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands)
USAA Casualty Insurance Company (licensed in all states, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands)
USAA General Indemnity Company (licensed in all states, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands)
Garrison Property and Casualty Insurance Company (licensed in all states, except Massachusetts)

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I'm not worried about the price. I understand all of that stuff.

The issue is the dates surrounding the ticket.

I got the ticket in June 2014. I paid it within a week. But my conviction date isn't until December, so that ticket that tacked eight points on my insurance is on my record until my conviction date.

My question is if I got the ticket in June 2014 and paid it relatively quick, why is my conviction date December 2014? Shouldn't it be closer to the dates regarding the actual ticket

Is this just how it is? Or should I hassle myself dealing with the DMV to straighten it out?

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jun 19, 2017

vains
May 26, 2004

TBeats posted:

I'm not worried about the price. I understand all of that stuff.

The issue is the dates surrounding the ticket.

I got the ticket in June 2014. I paid it within a week. But my conviction date isn't until December, so that ticket that tacked eight points on my insurance is on my record until my conviction date.

My question is if I got the ticket in June 2014 and paid it relatively quick, why is my conviction date December 2014? Shouldn't it be closer to the dates regarding the actual ticket

Is this just how it is? Or should I hassle myself dealing with the DMV to straighten it out?

i think my point is that whether its been 2 years and 363 days or 3 years and 1 day, your rates probably aren't changing much unless you got commissioned or your credit score shot up a hundred points.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Someone on a dating site opened their message to me with "hey what's up? Thanks for your service..." :mad:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

i think my point is that whether its been 2 years and 363 days or 3 years and 1 day, your rates probably aren't changing much unless you got commissioned or your credit score shot up a hundred points.

Okay then pretend I'm solely curious about why there's a 5-6 month gap between when I paid the ticket and the DMV's conviction date because saving $1 over six months is just that important to me.

I said the money is irrelevant. Read the very first sentence of what you quoted. I want to know why there is that huge gap between when I paid it and what the conviction date is.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Woof Blitzer posted:

Someone on a dating site opened their message to me with "hey what's up? Thanks for your service..." :mad:

well gently caress that guy

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Woof Blitzer posted:

Thank them for their cervix

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
It was prob the court date.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Oh, good, management came, told him he has to move his poo poo out by Monday, otherwise they'll come back with police.

UNLESS, of course, he just applies via the online housing portal to submit the paperwork and go through the screening process and pays the application fee to be the legal tenant. They were so kind to waive all other fees. How very loving kind of them to make him my legal roommate for a casual fee after he's lived here for free for the last two months. Turns out his friend told him the apartment was "all paid up" until August, he just lied to me saying he pays him the rent.

What a wonderful loving day.

/edit
Like, management just told him they caught his other squatter friends impersonating the legal tenant, but they're still buying that he didn't know anything and was totally innocent :downs:

Update:

My unauthorized roommate had not been moving out poo poo the entire weekend, so I assumed that he would be going for the lease deal.

So I sent in a total of four complaints to the general and assistant general manager, the leasing managers, and asked the management team to send me copies of the maintenance reports from the days where maintenance caught the squatter's friends crashing in the living room on three different occasions. Went a little off the deep end and even internet-lawyered a little bit by claiming I had been "advised" that they cannot sign a new lease for a unit that is currently subject to ongoing eviction proceedings in court.

About an hour before noon today, I start hearing a rather annoyed roommate storming around the apartment and having shouting-matches with his girlfriend (again), shortly before I hear a lot of poo poo being moved around and the front door slamming over the past couple of hours. Half an hour ago, guy sends me a text pleading for me to not lock the front door this evening, because "they"'d be changing the locks at 5, and he needs more time to evac poo poo from the living room.
:lol:

I'm going to pretend I scared them into submission with my superior skills in paperwork and armchair-lawyering, but the entirety of management probably figured that the extra month of rent from the dude wasn't worth having a German dude bitch and moan relentlessly.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Two Finger posted:

vains
May 26, 2004

TBeats posted:

Okay then pretend I'm solely curious about why there's a 5-6 month gap between when I paid the ticket and the DMV's conviction date because saving $1 over six months is just that important to me.

I said the money is irrelevant. Read the very first sentence of what you quoted. I want to know why there is that huge gap between when I paid it and what the conviction date is.

if the money is irrelevant, why do you care?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

if the money is irrelevant, why do you care?

why do i care about my driving record?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Two Finger posted:

• Locked thread