Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

Three sources (fox, bloomberg, politico) say Spicer is leaving the press secretary gig for some other position, maybe communications. This rumor comes up repeatedly every month, but the new news is that Spicey is actively trying to find his own replacement and nobody wants it.

PLEASE TAKE THIS JOB FROM ME PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE

Isn't that what Huckabee's daughter is, Spicer's deputy, so if Spicer takes a new position she becomes Press Secretary? Or did she realize she was really bad at it and left for greener pastures?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

Why hasn't trump said anything about this?

That was his big accomplishment for last week.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Pesticide20 posted:

Oh gently caress I haven't watched that movie since it came out and I too was trying to figure out what those screens were from

Edit: well poo poo, I'll actual rewatch Generation Kill

Edit 2: gently caress you guys I give up

truly a commentary post on dudes with guns in a desert

timma85
Feb 13, 2006

Mike-o posted:

You dudes keep posting this and I can't figure out what movie/show it's from.

It's from War Machine on Netflix.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
its clearly from Memphis Belle

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Pesticide20 posted:

Oh gently caress I haven't watched that movie since it came out and I too was trying to figure out what those screens were from

Edit: well poo poo, I'll actual rewatch Generation Kill

Edit 2: gently caress you guys I give up

This post made it worth it.

It's from War Machine though. Which is a pretty good movie.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

TBeats posted:

This post made it worth it.

It's from War Machine though. Which is a pretty good movie.

I still need to watch it. Is Lakeith Stanfield's character any good? He's great in Atlanta and Get Out so I'm hopeful that he makes the movie worthwhile.

Actually, looking at IMDB he plays Cole

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Reverand maynard posted:

isn't this the plotline from the ring where you have to get someone else to watch that tape or you die?

With the odd twist that the internet seems full of people slavering to watch this particular tape.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Coffeehitler posted:

Isn't that what Huckabee's daughter is, Spicer's deputy, so if Spicer takes a new position she becomes Press Secretary? Or did she realize she was really bad at it and left for greener pastures?

She doesn't want it either.

Politico has a good write up. Spicer and Priebus are looking, Bannon is running his own search. Sanders said gently caress NO.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Flynn didn't report a trip to Saudi Arabia that he took at Russia's behest last year. He's got to be considered a major league flight risk at this point, right?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Pesticide20 posted:

I still need to watch it. Is Lakeith Stanfield's character any good? He's great in Atlanta and Get Out so I'm hopeful that he makes the movie worthwhile.

Actually, looking at IMDB he plays Cole

His role is fairly small but he's pretty good. He plays the frustrated "what the gently caress are we even doing here" guy. I thought it was laid on a little too thick based on my experience in the sandbox but it was still entertaining.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Casimir Radon posted:

Flynn didn't report a trip to Saudi Arabia that he took at Russia's behest last year. He's got to be considered a major league flight risk at this point, right?

He also might be Star Witness #1

https://twitter.com/joshrogin/status/876913605781979137

mixed news for Shim tbqh

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Dead Reckoning posted:

The GOP has been against the ACA since it passed, so I don't see why it's at all shocking or gauche for them to repeal it.
If you cut the time you spent posting dumb equivocations in half, maybe you'd have time to actually do your homework?

There is a night-and-day difference between the drafting processes of the ACA and AHCA. The former spent months in largely public fora* and went through all the standard budgetary forecasting procedures. 1,000 pages or not, people knew exactly what they were voting on by the time the bill came up to vote.

The AHCA, on the other hand, has been hammered out behind closed doors by House and Senate leadership, shutting out even many Republican representatives to the point where the House had minimal time to review it prior to it being put to vote. Ryan and McConnell have fought tooth and nail to obstruct and manipulate the bills' review by those federal agencies responsible for measuring the impact of the proposal.

It's already been explained to you that it is fundamentally incorrect to label Democratic resistance as 'obstructionism' as they wield no method of impeding the bill. Even if they did, all they are demanding right now is that the bill not be kept in the dark.

*It should be noted, however, that the bill had a very tainted beginning when Obama violated his campaign promise to have a clear record of White House guests by inviting a gaggle of insurance company shits to set the foundations of the bill that would emerge. Still, nothing like the bullshit the GOP is pulling right now.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

That position is a gigantic poisoned chalice. Donnie will never be happy with anyone in this role. His motivation in life is telling absolutely everyone how fantastic he is at everything and basking in the adulation he receives from doing so. Nobody will ever be able to speak for him and do it right because nobody can ever be as bigly perfect as he is. They'll be constantly poo poo on by the pissbaby manchild internally, while everyone else just uses them as a punching bag when watching them try to lie about objective facts.

What I'm saying is I hope someone that is a truly terrible person takes the job and becomes the latest person that fucks up their lives chasing the brass ring that is working for Trump.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I hope Trump becomes his own press secretary. It would be his twitter feed come to life.

And this is why I hope he does:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/06/19/kellyanne-conway-trumps-investigation-tweet-ironic/103010556/

quote:

President Trump may have tweeted last week that he was being investigated for firing former FBI director James Comey, but that doesn't mean he meant it, according to White House adviser Kellyanne Conway.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 19, 2017

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

bird food bathtub posted:

That position is a gigantic poisoned chalice. Donnie will never be happy with anyone in this role. His motivation in life is telling absolutely everyone how fantastic he is at everything and basking in the adulation he receives from doing so. Nobody will ever be able to speak for him and do it right because nobody can ever be as bigly perfect as he is. They'll be constantly poo poo on by the pissbaby manchild internally, while everyone else just uses them as a punching bag when watching them try to lie about objective facts.

What I'm saying is I hope someone that is a truly terrible person takes the job and becomes the latest person that fucks up their lives chasing the brass ring that is working for Trump.

Please god, let Jeff Sessions decide he wants more airtime than he can get as AG

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The spokesman for Donnie's lawyer didn't lock down / purge his Twitter account. Whoops!

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/06/19/us/politics/mark-corallo-trump-legal-team.html?referer=https://t.co/DHRU8xOLZo

Reminder: never tweet

quote:

WASHINGTON — In April, Mark Corallo, the spokesman for President Trump’s personal legal team, used Twitter to suggest — twice — that Vice President Mike Pence, not Mr. Trump, should be the Republican nominee for president in 2020.

In May, he posted several remarks disparaging the influence of Ivanka Trump, the president’s daughter, and Jared Kushner, his son-in-law, in the White House, suggesting they were part of “the swamp” the president had promised to drain.

Later last month, Mr. Corallo lavishly praised Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel leading the investigation into possible collusion between Mr. Trump’s campaign and Russia to interfere with the 2016 election. The president, by contrast, has described the investigation as a “witch hunt,” being “led by some very bad and conflicted people!”

“Hey Mr. President, where’s all the ‘winning?’” Mr. Corallo wrote last month, appearing to compare Mr. Trump to Bill Clinton, who hailed from Arkansas, and his famous parsing of words. “Or, like the guy from AR, are you going to tell me it depends on the definition of ‘winning?’ ”

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

Why hasn't trump said anything about this?

https://twitter.com/CrimsonMariner/status/876933095630356480

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/338487-trump-offers-condolences-to-family-of-otto-warmbier

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

facialimpediment posted:

The spokesman for Donnie's lawyer didn't lock down / purge his Twitter account. Whoops!

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/06/19/us/politics/mark-corallo-trump-legal-team.html?referer=https://t.co/DHRU8xOLZo

If you absolutely have to tweet, use a loving alias. It's not hard :mad:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

facialimpediment posted:

excuse me but its winning with some exceptions or alternative winning

Missionary Positron posted:

If you absolutely have to tweetpost, use a loving alias. It's not hard :mad:

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Trump finally Tweeted about those 7 sailors but from the phrasing and hashtagging you can tell it was one of his staffers.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Sergg posted:

Trump finally Tweeted about those 7 sailors but from the phrasing and hashtagging you can tell it was one of his staffers.

as if you need to read phrasing and hashtagging to know its not him. IF it's not about the only thing he cares about (himself) then of course he didn't do it.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Sergg posted:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
don't worry guys, trump has the syria situation under control

https://twitter.com/nahaltoosi/status/876954676528369664

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i'm glad ISIS got wiped out March 21st

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

They also caught the fucker who kidnapped and murdered the 17 year-old Muslim girl in Virginia.

Perp is Darwin Martinez Torres, 22 year-old construction worker, and he's being charged with her murder. He apparently rolled up on a group of teens in his car at 3:40AM and got into an argument with a 15 year-old girl on a bike then drove up onto the curb and scattered them. He later caught up to them in a parking lot and attacked Nabra Hassanen with a baseball bat before abducting her. She died of blunt force trauma to the head and neck. Eventually he dumped her body in a pond next to his apartment complex. He was arrested at 5:15AM because officers noticed his car kept on circling back to the scene of the crime.

His face is pretty bruised up in the mugshot.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Sergg posted:

Must have tripped and fell on the way to the station. Hope nothing bad happens to him in prison

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Must have tripped and fell on the way to the station. Hope nothing bad happens to him in prison

Probably those toys for tots marines!!!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

:lol:

So I wonder if Warmbier was on his way out and that's why the Norks let him go or if his parents just pulled life support since he was a vegetable?

Pretty :smith: story either way.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

:lol:

So I wonder if Warmbier was on his way out and that's why the Norks let him go or if his parents just pulled life support since he was a vegetable?

Pretty :smith: story either way.
They probably pulled the plug on him. I don't see him living this long on life support and then dying a day or two after getting home. They probably talked to a few doctors and realized he wasn't coming out of it ever. Unless being transferred internationally was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Possibly inflicted by the victim pre mortem if she attempted to defend herself

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I couldn't make it past the crazy unrealistic firefight towards the end.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Hot Karl Marx posted:

don't worry guys, trump has the syria situation under control

https://twitter.com/nahaltoosi/status/876954676528369664

9th level 3D chess.

....from the local Frat House.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I am aware of the legislative shenanigans going on, but Commie's objection appeared to be that they were repealing & replacing the ACA, not the means by which they were doing it.

CommieGIR posted:

And replace it with something 10x worse, so yes, it is gauche.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Dead Reckoning posted:

I am aware of the legislative shenanigans going on, but Commie's objection appeared to be that they were repealing & replacing the ACA, not the means by which they were doing it.

Let's be fair here, there's lots of objectively terrible and hypocritical things the Republicans are doing right now.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Would be quite a shame.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Smiling Jack posted:

Possibly inflicted by the victim pre mortem if she attempted to defend herself

I thought about that too. They were all on the right side of his face, which is the side of his face that would've been facing the passenger seat.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Maybe the cop was an animal lover and just had to break for a few squirrels.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Alan Dershowitz is on CNN talking about Flynn's lawyer's public appearance earlier, saying that Flynn's lawyer is sending the signal "pardon me or I snitch"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Sergg posted:

Good. I'm glad they caught the fucker, and I hope he has a Good Time in prison forever.

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

loving :lol:

• Locked thread