Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Applesnots posted:

A few months later I found him working a kroger pushing carts and I yelled Pisser! for a good twenty minutes at him.
what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

and then posts in a retail bitching thread on another forum about how some crazy guy with tourettes yelled at him for 20 minutes and then got in trouble with the boss for not greeting him in time. The cycle continues.

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
yeah I'm just noticing now that it was for twenty minutes. I get calling out a lovely guy you found later, shout an insult and drive off, but berating a wino for that long seems a little... excessive.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'd imagine it would be fun calling him pisser for a but but idk how you could have lasted 20 minutes without getting bored and walking away

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
There's a slight chance that Applesnots maybe have been exaggerating for comedic effect

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's a slight chance that Applesnots maybe have been exaggerating for comedic effect

That's fine if he didn't mean to imply that he was literally sitting there shouting at him for twenty minutes, maybe that was the wrong time frame he meant to use.

All I'm saying is that if it was literal it comes off as incessant is all.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Yelling at someone for an entire 20 minutes would actually be pretty impressive, that's a hell of a long time :v:

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

Drunk Nerds posted:

I did not find these stories to be in the spirit of the thread. Like you flippantly told someone with asberger's, who was intentionally using your service to plan a trip, to "wing it, it worked for me!." If they wanted to wing it, why the hell would they need a travel atent?

Then it was implied that its somehow his fault for being a prudent shopper and not the fault of your useless middleman company's ridiculous commision scheme. None of these people were rude, nor particularly more demanding than, "please provide a travel research service from your travel research company."

I don't think he was actually aspergers, i was just stereotyping his nerdiness.

And believe it or not, travel agents provide a legit service, but that service is not and should not compete with online travel agencies and people that want to do all their own research and refuse to take any advice at all. Some people (like the ones I mentioned) go through all that effort because they want the legitimisation of their decisions that they perceive a travel agent provides. But that's still poo poo to the travel agent who could be helping others that actually need it.

That's the thing, if they were using me as a "travel research" service like you mentioned, I'd have been fine with it. But they spent hours using Expedia to research options, then came to me to get it booked, consuming hours of my AND their time again, without any semblance of skill required.

I'll put it in a more traditional retail framing for you: it's like someone going to best buy, researching all the cheapest, shittiest home cinema systems part by part, having the chance to buy it and take it home immediately, but then instead going to a premium audio/electrical system shop, and demanding they sell it to them, even though the products are different to what they have in stock, the sales reps are not trained in those brands, and they get, AT BEST a discount of pennies.

I'm sorry if a travel agent kicked your puppy :(

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010

ZombieJesus posted:

And believe it or not, travel agents provide a legit service, but that service is not and should not compete with online travel agencies and people that want to do all their own research and refuse to take any advice at all. Some people (like the ones I mentioned) go through all that effort because they want the legitimisation of their decisions that they perceive a travel agent provides. But that's still poo poo to the travel agent who could be helping others that actually need it.

That's the thing, if they were using me as a "travel research" service like you mentioned, I'd have been fine with it. But they spent hours using Expedia to research options, then came to me to get it booked, consuming hours of my AND their time again, without any semblance of skill required.

I'll put it in a more traditional retail framing for you: it's like someone going to best buy, researching all the cheapest, shittiest home cinema systems part by part, having the chance to buy it and take it home immediately, but then instead going to a premium audio/electrical system shop, and demanding they sell it to them, even though the products are different to what they have in stock, the sales reps are not trained in those brands, and they get, AT BEST a discount of pennies.

I'm sorry a customer walked into your office and his first concern wasn't how much you were going to pocket.

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

ZombieJesus posted:

Not to get in the middle of anything, and I don't know too much about the specifics of your job, but I will say this based on my own observations-
I was discussing with another friend about how your traditional B&M stores and the like are going to go away for the most part because there's no real reason why a robot couldn't do my job and my generation is more or less okay with that sentiment. Old people are terrified of not only job loss, but they abhor the idea of not having a human interaction in even the most basic of services. Baby boomers are a transitional generation that aren't expecting so much human interaction as they are slave labor and literally whatever they want.

All of that being said, this seems like it's the type of service where someone might want to pay a little more to get a human being to help you through a process you may not fully understand. It seems kind of unfair for someone to do all of the research for them (when I'm assuming that's what you're paid to do) and then ask them for the price they would have gotten had continue to play travel agent themselves to the point of purchase.

I don't really know a lot about it though or traveling.

Which is why I would probably hire a travel agent :v:

e: also I think if I was working a job on commission it would be hard not to imagine people as walking dollar signs. Dollars signs with FEELINGS at least though.:devil:

Starman Super DX fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jun 18, 2017

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

ZombieJesus posted:

And believe it or not, travel agents provide a legit service,

Visas.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
When I was a senior in high school I worked at a party supply store. Our manager, Brian, did his very best to hire only teenage girls. We had a problem with a couple of old ladies (seriously it was like the same 3 or 4 old ladies) coming in a few times a week, making GBS threads themselves, leaving their lovely underwear in the bathroom, and dropping turds all over the bathroom floor and occasionally smearing some on the walls. I don't know if these ladies knew each other and had some kind of turd party club or what, but they all had the same store-making GBS threads tactics, it was nuts. Anyway, Manager Brian not only refused to ever clean up the poo poo himself ever (he once left it over a holiday weekend to fester while we were closed) but he would specifically scream at the 2 male employees if they ever tried to clean it up. Because Brian wanted the teenage girls to do it. He wanted to WATCH the teenage girls do it. He would come pick a teenage girl cashier, drag them away from their register, force them to pick up poo poo, and then stand there watching and breathing really heavily the whole time. He'd pick a specific girl of the day to do it, today THIS GIRL, THIS SPECIFIC ONE would be his poo poo Queen. If you protested he'd fire you on the spot. I cried one time while cleaning up the poo poo because I was 17 and it was so gross, and his face got super flushed and he "hehhh'd" softly and I assume came in his pants.

He's some big regional manager dude now and makes a lot of money. He had a lisp, wore velcro shoes, and once made a 15 year old girl cry because she stopped a middle aged mom from shoplifting $50 worth of plastic plates and cutlery. He had a visible erection while he berated her. That's my retail story!!!!!!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

This needs to go in the name bank for the next GBS namechange thread

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

*3 minutes to close, some hoarder rear end looking old ladies come in with a cart filled with literally 36 loving caramel apple kits and 20 fire logs, it is June in Arizona*
*Old man makes manager check cake price for him because it was fifty loving cents over what he feels entitled to*
*Senior Wednesday, busy as gently caress, crazy old man who looks like the Torture Doctor from the Princess Bride comes in every month, buys a huge cart, makes us bag all his poo poo in plastic, then go over with him, unload it all and put it in his bags. He does this every month and gets mad if you tell him we'll just put the poo poo right in his loving bags, management sucks his withered old cock, despite the entire front end backing up as a result*

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Supercondescending posted:

When I was a senior in high school I worked at a party supply store. Our manager, Brian, did his very best to hire only teenage girls. We had a problem with a couple of old ladies (seriously it was like the same 3 or 4 old ladies) coming in a few times a week, making GBS threads themselves, leaving their lovely underwear in the bathroom, and dropping turds all over the bathroom floor and occasionally smearing some on the walls. I don't know if these ladies knew each other and had some kind of turd party club or what, but they all had the same store-making GBS threads tactics, it was nuts. Anyway, Manager Brian not only refused to ever clean up the poo poo himself ever (he once left it over a holiday weekend to fester while we were closed) but he would specifically scream at the 2 male employees if they ever tried to clean it up. Because Brian wanted the teenage girls to do it. He wanted to WATCH the teenage girls do it. He would come pick a teenage girl cashier, drag them away from their register, force them to pick up poo poo, and then stand there watching and breathing really heavily the whole time. He'd pick a specific girl of the day to do it, today THIS GIRL, THIS SPECIFIC ONE would be his poo poo Queen. If you protested he'd fire you on the spot. I cried one time while cleaning up the poo poo because I was 17 and it was so gross, and his face got super flushed and he "hehhh'd" softly and I assume came in his pants.

He's some big regional manager dude now and makes a lot of money. He had a lisp, wore velcro shoes, and once made a 15 year old girl cry because she stopped a middle aged mom from shoplifting $50 worth of plastic plates and cutlery. He had a visible erection while he berated her. That's my retail story!!!!!!

Sounds like he has life figured out and is happy.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CaptainBtaksDad posted:

Sounds like he has life figured out and is happy.

He also sounds like he's ended up being way more successful than 99% of goons will ever be in their lifetimes.

I guess those motivational posters in my career guidance counselor's office were wrong after all.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

We can take heart knowing he'll die in the desert somewhere, begging an armed teenage girl to "not kinkshame" before she pulls the trigger. Quentin Tarantino directs.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

We can take heart knowing he'll die in the desert somewhere, begging an armed teenage girl to "not kinkshame" before she pulls the trigger. Quentin Tarantino directs.

Also you know the shitladies he hired to redecorate his room of doom every week are going to cash in their cheques one day.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
This broad entered my store and she had huge tits and a beautiful, ridiculously beautiful, body and the most gorgeous eyes and rear end and this broad just walks up to me and puts her hand down my pants and gives me the old handy and I'm standing there cumming hard, harder than i've ever cum before and she's just jerking harder and harder and I keep cumming

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

such a horrible customer

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Lmao at the travel agent. I'm surprised your job is even a thing in tyool 2017.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

Glenn Quebec posted:

Lmao at the travel agent. I'm surprised your job is even a thing in tyool 2017.

I don't do it any more, it's a poo poo loving job. But I guarantee it's not disappearing until decent AI's come around, online flight booking tools are complete trash compared to a good agent properly trained in one of the industry booking systems like Amadeus or Galileo. And companies spend literally billions of dollars outsourcing those jobs to corporate travel agencies so they don't have to rely on their overworked PA's loving up their booking and not putting them in an aisle seat on row 3 like they just MUST have for some reason

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
No no no, I didn't say he had asberger's, I said he was spergy.

Yeah, that totally justifies you telling him to wing it. You did a bad job and now you're clinging to meaningless semantics rather than accept the fact that maybe you're the rear end in a top hat in your self-owning story.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

People have different ideas of what constitutes a fun trip abroad holy poo poo film at 11

I hate to say it ZJ but "guy who's researched exactly how he wants his vacation to go and expects a travel agent to put it all together for him at the prices he saw online" isn't that big of a deal, that's like literally the entire point of a travel agent: "hey, I want to go here and do these things I read about."

It's also not super-unreasonable to expect "ok if my untrained rear end can book this flight on Expedia after 5 minutes of Googling, someone whose entire job hinges around getting competitive rates for this sort of thing should be able to get me an even better deal!"

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

VideoTapir posted:

That's how a lot of apartments in China do it, and it's awesome. It requires smart meters, though.

How did they turn it into a scam? Because just being prepaid isn't actually bad.

Customers needed to maintain a 10 dollar balance on their account at all times. If it dips below at any point, they will be disconnected. Rates were not set so your rate may change every month. Because of this your money may not go as far as it did last month because your rate went up by 15% and no one has to tell you when it changes and, BOOM, you're disconnected.

The system they used was unreliable in letting people know when they would be disconnected. Some would get notified after the order for disconnect was sent. Because the customers are always given access to their balance, they feel they can charge arbitrary fees. This includes fees for disconnects, reconnects, payment over phone, service fees for speaking with someone over the phone, etc.

This could work if your paying a lump sum and always check your balance and pay when there was a $30 balance remaining. But if you had money to do this, you'd probably go monthly because the rates were better. These companies purposely go after​ poor people with bad credit. You need immaculate credit to get a monthly plan with no deposit. If you're not over 700, you could be paying a deposit between 100 to 500. So your stuck with lovely prepaid plans. Good luck, Poors!

Again, gently caress Texas.

limpy wimpy posted:

In parts of Arizona, they do electricity through a card system, you have a meter in your house that reads cards you go and put money on from a kiosk.

Lol I honestly don't know if this is better or worse. Monthly will always be better.

Mad Lupine fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jun 19, 2017

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

from the travel agent derail anyway.

More bodily fluid stories!

Younger manager passed by me on the way to the bathroom looking kind of irritated. He moves too quickly for me to get a reason.
Later, I found out there was some shabby looking individual at customer service trying to get lottery or cigarettes or something and is unsuccessful at doing so. I think what happened was he got belligerent and started shaking madly. When the manager approached him to get rid of him, he did not see the mysterious puddle of liquid he had left during his fit, and stepped right in it.

Which would explain why he was so pissed :smugmrgw:

No more piss/poo poo puns I swear.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

No no no, I didn't say he had asberger's, I said he was spergy.

Yeah, that totally justifies you telling him to wing it. You did a bad job and now you're clinging to meaningless semantics rather than accept the fact that maybe you're the rear end in a top hat in your self-owning story.

You'd think someone sperging out about aspergers would know how to spell the name of it.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Applesnots posted:

I worked in a big adult bookstore back during college, they had a pretty awesome "The customer is always wrong." policy. We were nice to everyone until you tried to steal or we caught you pissing in the theaters. There was one guy who would get blackout drunk in the theater and then piss in the ash can in there, I caught him one night and banned him from the store. A few months later I found him working a kroger pushing carts and I yelled Pisser! for a good twenty minutes at him.
sounds like a weird thing to do to a guy who already seems like he's hit rock bottom

JustinMorgan
Apr 27, 2010

Starman Super DX posted:

Automated pumps are a thing where I live but unless it's a Wawa most of the stations around here close around 11 or so.
In respect to your quote though, one of the fairly affluent towns around here there's a BP that regularly gets away with gouging rich dummies $1-1.50 more than the Shell literally across the street. There are always the same number of people at both.

That's only because the BP has a Dunkin Donuts. Hello local goon!

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

JustinMorgan posted:

That's only because the BP has a Dunkin Donuts. Hello local goon!

are there still a lot of cops that hang out there? It seemed like there were always cops hanging out there

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

ZombieJesus posted:

I don't do it any more, it's a poo poo loving job. But I guarantee it's not disappearing until decent AI's come around, online flight booking tools are complete trash compared to a good agent properly trained in one of the industry booking systems like Amadeus or Galileo. And companies spend literally billions of dollars outsourcing those jobs to corporate travel agencies so they don't have to rely on their overworked PA's loving up their booking and not putting them in an aisle seat on row 3 like they just MUST have for some reason

Even if there were only the online consumer grade tools, those are complex enough (in terms of understanding how they work and why you see certain prices, and knowing what an advertised price will end up costing you at a glance, and filtering out bullshit) that if you're a company arranging a bunch of complex itineraries you're probably gonna want a specialist to do it.

JustinMorgan
Apr 27, 2010

Starman Super DX posted:

are there still a lot of cops that hang out there? It seemed like there were always cops hanging out there

Every time I've gone to that Dunkin there's been cops there.

And for a gross retail story, my brother in law works at the local Giant and apparently a homeless lady pooped in the freezer and tried to clean herself up in the hygiene aisle.

limpy wimpy
Jul 1, 2007

Mad Lupine posted:

Customers needed to maintain a 10 dollar balance on their account at all times. If it dips below at any point, they will be disconnected. Rates were not set so your rate may change every month. Because of this your money may not go as far as it did last month because your rate went up by 15% and no one has to tell you when it changes and, BOOM, you're disconnected.

The system they used was unreliable in letting people know when they would be disconnected. Some would get notified after the order for disconnect was sent. Because the customers are always given access to their balance, they feel they can charge arbitrary fees. This includes fees for disconnects, reconnects, payment over phone, service fees for speaking with someone over the phone, etc.

This could work if your paying a lump sum and always check your balance and pay when there was a $30 balance remaining. But if you had money to do this, you'd probably go monthly because the rates were better. These companies purposely go after​ poor people with bad credit. You need immaculate credit to get a monthly plan with no deposit. If you're not over 700, you could be paying a deposit between 100 to 500. So your stuck with lovely prepaid plans. Good luck, Poors!

Again, gently caress Texas.

Lol I honestly don't know if this is better or worse. Monthly will always be better.

Its usually for low income or tightwads. Its an option through SRP.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

At least she tried to clean herself up, that puts her ahead of most of the stories in here

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

And she was considerate enough to do it somewhere where the poop would freeze and presumably be easier to clean up!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Have these people never heard of Immodium?

JustinMorgan
Apr 27, 2010

Kelp Me! posted:

And she was considerate enough to do it somewhere where the poop would freeze and presumably be easier to clean up!

Or, you know, she could use the restroom in the front of the store. The one she literally walked past to get to the freezers.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

JustinMorgan posted:

Or, you know, she could use the restroom in the front of the store. The one she literally walked past to get to the freezers.

if i was homeless i would poop all the time in freezers and generally be a nuisance to everyone. its not like you have anything to lose

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

Maybe the thread title needs to be changed to "Horrible Customers: Rise of the Incontinence"

Or I dunno something funnier and poop related.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe

Starman Super DX posted:

*a gargatuan mass of moaning flesh and bone staggers itself before you, sloughing off bits of evaporating skin and polo uniforms. It smacks some organs together in a way that seems to sound as though it's speaking to you.*
"HAVE YOU FOUND EVERYTHING YOU WERE LOOKING FOR TODAY??"

See, now this guy gets me.

• Locked thread