Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
Something similar happened to me too. My grandparents got a new car and gave me their old one, so after driving my new car home 5 hours away, I realize they left their garage door opener in the car. I told them and they asked if I could have it shipped back to them asap. I sprung for 2 business day delivery guaranteed. Well, like 5 business days later, my poor little grandparents had still not received it. I called up with my tracking number (online said 'delivery pending' or some poo poo) and they basically told me that it was supposed to have been delivered on time, but wasn't. They had no clue what might have happened, and the packaged was basically mia.

I think literally 10 days later, it showed up at the depot and they had to go all the way out there to pick it up. Apparently some moronic idiot put the package in the wrong delivery bin (?) 3 times in a row and that's why it was so delayed. loving two business day guarantee my rear end!! At least I got a refund on the postage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Deleter posted:

My grandma has dropped a hot iron on the loving carpet and now there's a huge scorch mark. I'm loving pissed.

At least your grandmother is still alive

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I'm stuck in a war of passive-aggressive bullshit like the neighbor who decides the easiest thing to do with the newspaper she repeatedly ran over in her driveway and is now a sludgy wet mass of pulp would be to pick it up and neatly deposit it in a pile on my lawn instead of actually throwing it away.

I really feel like one of those "everyone on the highway is driving the wrong way but me" situations but god drat, whatever happened to basic neighborly courtesy?

The rational human part of me says "toss it in a bag and get on with your drat life, your neighbor is a bitch, so what" but the vindictive rear end in a top hat in my kind of wants to put a camera in the window and make a stink about the bullshit (I'm not actually going to do this because I have a life)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Kelp Me! posted:

I'm stuck in a war of passive-aggressive bullshit like the neighbor who decides the easiest thing to do with the newspaper she repeatedly ran over in her driveway and is now a sludgy wet mass of pulp would be to pick it up and neatly deposit it in a pile on my lawn instead of actually throwing it away.

I really feel like one of those "everyone on the highway is driving the wrong way but me" situations but god drat, whatever happened to basic neighborly courtesy?

The rational human part of me says "toss it in a bag and get on with your drat life, your neighbor is a bitch, so what" but the vindictive rear end in a top hat in my kind of wants to put a camera in the window and make a stink about the bullshit (I'm not actually going to do this because I have a life)

Kick it off your lawn back onto her driveway and get on with your day. Better if she sees you doing it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It's the end of June and we're about to get our first 85+ day. I really hope this means we won't have a really hot September.
I hate summer. I hate hot weather. I hate it so much!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Inzombiac posted:

It's the end of June and we're about to get our first 85+ day. I really hope this means we won't have a really hot September.

ahahahaha

I've had 100+ for 3 days and counting. Forecast says 104 on Thursday! :suicide:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Kelp Me! posted:

Call in to that paper that that person's household isn't utilizing their subscribing and instead kicking into your lawn

They might get reprieve from their view of junk mail, or else their paper distributor will stop further deliveries

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I really want an iced chai latte right now but there's no Starbucks in my neighbourhood.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

I really want an iced chai latte right now but there's no Starbucks in my neighbourhood.

Conversely:

There was an old Wendy's that's been closed for 3 years on a nearby corner, and they finally knocked it down. What's opening in it's place? Another Starbucks. :argh: There are already two of them just a mile up the road!!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I just checked and there are eighteen Starbucks within a <10 mile radius of my house :wtc:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Kelp Me! posted:

I just checked and there are eighteen Starbucks within a <10 mile radius of my house :wtc:

http://www.theonion.com/article/new-starbucks-opens-in-rest-room-of-existing-starb-560

:itshappening:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

And now I just remembered this bit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb7qDfIzQRk

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

DizzyBum posted:

Conversely:

There was an old Wendy's that's been closed for 3 years on a nearby corner, and they finally knocked it down. What's opening in it's place? Another Starbucks. :argh: There are already two of them just a mile up the road!!

I think they might be kept out by the BRZ for the area. They've been working really hard to make my area the international food destination for my city. I have over 20 restaurants from over 9 countries within a 5 minute walk of my house. So that makes up for the lack of super expensive ice tea.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

they opened a Barnes and Noble next to one of those Starbucks. And in that Barnes and Noble, there is a Starbucks

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

they opened a Barnes and Noble next to one of those Starbucks. And in that Barnes and Noble, there is a Starbucks

Yes, there is a Starbucks inside that B&N, and yes, there is also another Starbucks 5 minutes further down that highway past the B&N.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
drat, now I want a Frapuccino, but I'd have to get dressed and walk all the way down the stairs, and cross the street. (I Googled it. The nearest Starbucks is 148ft from my apartment complex.)

The weather has been much cooler than is normal for this time of year, until it suddenly remembered it's almost summertime. Like, temps were around 15 to 30 degrees F below normal for the last couple months, then BOOM, 100* heat wave.

I don't have air conditioning in my apartment, and the a/c isn't working on my floor at work. I think I'm in hell.

e:

Kelp Me! posted:

Yes, there is a Starbucks inside that B&N, and yes, there is also another Starbucks 5 minutes further down that highway past the B&N.

Man, check out this guy that has to actually go down the highway to find a second Starbucks. We put one in the mall, and in the parking lot for the mall, and across the street from the mall, just in case.

Bees on Wheat has a new favorite as of 00:00 on Jun 20, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kelp Me! posted:

Starbucks triangle

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

Starbucks triangle

Honestly, considering the Garden State Plaza is the biggest mall in NJ and like the 3rd or 4th most-profitable mall in the country (despite being closed on Sundays), I'm pretty surprised there's only 1 Starbucks in there (although there used to be a smaller Barnes & Noble in there that also served Starbucks coffee)

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Oh, and I think there's also a Starbucks in the Target at that mall, but it's been a while. So that's four in one ~15min walk.

Was great when they had promos and free samples, though.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I have to re-emphasize the one point I made about it being ultra-profitable, because it's just that insane:

quote:

The borough is one of the largest shopping destinations in the country, generating over $5 billion in annual retail sales, more than any other ZIP code in the United States. Paramus has some of the most restrictive blue laws in the nation, banning nearly all white-collar and retail businesses from opening on Sundays except for gas stations, restaurants and grocery stores, and a limited number of other businesses.

highest-grossing retail sales in the country despite literally all retail being closed on Sunday :holymoley:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

And then there's Tim Horton's :canada:

Yes, there are a couple cases of them on different floors of the same building.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'd been avoiding emails for a while because I'd work to show my supervisor that I hadn't finished yet. Checked my email last week and was happy to see no emails checking in on me. Found out tonight our expensive new email system had decided his gmail account was spam and he had in fact been checking in :saddowns:

e: I still haven't done the work obviously

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

There are 27 Starbucks in my whole country. I live in a big country. This isn't actually a first world problem at all tbh because we have lots of good coffee shops instead.

My first world problem is that the bottle shop had run out of our favourite box of goon so we had to buy a different one instead which has slightly more Cabernet in it so it has slightly more tannins and isn't quite as nice.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I think I win this one:

That's a Super Target with a Starbucks, and in front of the Target is Starbucks :thunk:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I should mention, I don't know about the Target ones but the B&N ones aren't technically Starbucks - they just serve SB coffee/sugar drinks. They don't actually accept Starbucks coupons/gift cards, and drinks bought there don't qualify for rewards points or whatever.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I think there's a starbucks in my intestine but I'm not 100% sure.

Lemme disembowel myself to check, brb.

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

Picnic Princess posted:

And then there's Tim Horton's :canada:

Yes, there are a couple cases of them on different floors of the same building.

Does Calgary have any home-grown coffee chains? Here in Ottawa there's competition between Starbucks, Tim's, Timothy's and Bridgehead - plus like 50 single-location coffee shops in and around all the fed gov buildings downtown. Bridgehead locations are probably as busy if not busier than any of the Starbucks or Tim's.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Do they have Dunkin Donuts in Canada?

I always know I'm in upstate NY when I see DD and Tim Horton's across the street from each other.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

MNIMWA posted:

Does Calgary have any home-grown coffee chains? Here in Ottawa there's competition between Starbucks, Tim's, Timothy's and Bridgehead - plus like 50 single-location coffee shops in and around all the fed gov buildings downtown. Bridgehead locations are probably as busy if not busier than any of the Starbucks or Tim's.

Oh man I forgot about how awesome Bridgehead is. I miss living in Ottawa!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

bradzilla posted:

I think I win this one:

That's a Super Target with a Starbucks, and in front of the Target is Starbucks :thunk:

I don't think people are getting just how close together these Starbucks are

Guy Goodbody posted:

Starbucks triangle

here's the streetview

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:lol:
Just buy up the entire street, rename it Starbucks Avenue

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Going to Hawaii with my wife tomorrow morning but I don't wanna pack and do all of the other prep I need to do tonight :(

TINY T-REX ARMS
Feb 12, 2011

Kelp Me! posted:

Do they have Dunkin Donuts in Canada?

I always know I'm in upstate NY when I see DD and Tim Horton's across the street from each other.

They closed down a bunch of Tim Hortons in upstate with little to no notice.

There are about five Dunkin Donuts within a 15 mile radius of me though.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
God dammit. I got the results back on my blood work and they suck. I lost about 7lbs in the last month, which is good, but my triglycerides spiked up by 50 points.

I was all proud cause I quit drinking soda and have been watching my diet, so getting the news about them sucked.

Now I gotta try krill oil, and if that doesn't work I gotta take new meds. Dammit.

The hosed up thing is all the things that cause high triglycerides are things I don't really eat. Dunno wtf happened there.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My dentist and his assistant/techs are all very professional and courteous. He employs one person that just deals with insurance companies and their ridiculous systems.

So I'm getting bills in the mail but his office told me not to pay them yet because my insurance company is trying to dick me over.

I really appreciate their effort but having unpaid bills is making me go insane.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
My cat's dying :smith:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Sorry about your cat. We didn't even realise ours was in trouble until she collapsed in our kitchen (on a Sunday morning so getting a Vet appointment was a nightmare, although even if we'd got one quickly it likely wouldn't have made a difference).

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Inzombiac posted:

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

ahahahaha

I've had 100+ for 3 days and counting. Forecast says 104 on Thursday! :suicide:

It's 90 in my apartment and like 100% humidity, it feels like a rainforest except extremely hot, and I can't afford a new ac, and the shape of my apartment means the ac doesn't reach my bedroom anyways, and I am not allowed to install an ac in the bedroom.

Starbucks chat: there is no parking at the Starbucks by my work, and the one in the target doesn't accept Starbucks gift cards. Starbucks is too expensive to pay for with real money. To circumvent this, I am going to make my own mochas, so I ordered some sugar free syrup on amazon, but they won't arrive till Friday. I want mocha now :qq:

Also amazon only sells said syrup in packs of 4. What the hell am I going to do with that much syrup?

There is no tea or hot water or coffee at my work, so I run out of caffeine on long shifts, and I generally can't walk over to the Starbucks so I'm forced to drink Diet Coke. Barf.

DizzyBum posted:

Conversely:

It's really hard to find Wendy's. The one near my bfs house closed down. There's one close to me but I always want Wendy's when I'm nowhere near one. I love Wendy's :(

I have to go do errands but I don't want to put on clothes and I'm comfy.

I am complaining a lot and feel weird about it.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 00:26 on Jun 22, 2017

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I moved all my good liquor and wine down into the cellar because I learned from last years heatwave. But it was heavy and now If I fancy a drink I need to walk 3 floors of stairs down and up...count it twice if I put the bottle back down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
When the Power Rangers movie came out, I was in a nostalgic kick enough for the franchise to add two podcasts concerning franchise to my regular rotation. Both of them are so good, with such entertaining hosts, that I haven't quite got unstuck from watching the series.

I am entirely comfortable being a dude who occasionally gets in nostalgic kicks for Power Rangers. I am not comfortable with being a Guy Who Watches Power Rangers.