Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

oh my loving god it never stops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

VikingSkull posted:

oh my loving god it never stops

Not that it changes much, but check the date, it's from his initial arrest

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

what woke dumb gently caress wrote that?

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

what woke dumb gently caress wrote that?

The excellent & learned journalists of The Huffington Bluffington Post.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

B. Birdsworth posted:

The excellent & learned journalists of The Huffington Bluffington Post.
"The Blog" is even worse than that somehow, it's literally just a place where you can write free content for their site. I think you might have to pay money? Somebody posted a bunch of "UFO PROOF" articles from there.

Not that it matters, because HuffPo is garbage either way.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

lol huffpo owned themselves

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Weren't people itt basically arguing this earlier?

(it's stupid and I think hard labor imprisonment in NK is bad, for the record)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oh man it gets better. Here's a description from a blog about The Blog:

"One interesting element of writing for the Huffington Post is you don’t need to stick to entirely factual posts. Other sites might prefer case studies, valuable tutorials, and other such informational content, but HuffPo is primarily an opinion and editorial publication. That means you can get personal and you can give your opinions with some data to back them up, rather than relying on data and conclusions. It’s a more free-form way of writing that some people need to really play with to get the hang of for their contributions."

Bolding theirs, not mine, lmao.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Lol, the article basically just says what this thread has been saying about how the sentence was harsh and draconian but you basically had to be retarded to put yourself in that situation and why didn't his parents maybe take him aside and keep him from visiting loving North Korea like wtf did you think was gonna happen.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

FactsAreUseless posted:

"One interesting element of writing for the Huffington Post is you don’t need to stick to entirely factual posts. Other sites might prefer case studies, valuable tutorials, and other such informational content, but HuffPo is primarily an opinion and editorial publication. That means you can get personal and you can give your opinions with some data to back them up, rather than relying on data and conclusions. It’s a more free-form way of writing that some people need to really play with to get the hang of for their contributions."

i remember some random blogger on HuffPo posted that the Kim Kardashian robbery was faked by her and other sites picked it up

good times

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ron Darling posted:

i remember some random blogger on HuffPo posted that the Kim Kardashian robbery was faked by her and other sites picked it up

good times
The internet is dumb as gently caress. There's a bunch of people talking about how if you blog for HuffPo it'll you get a paying job in the future because of your portfolio. It will never, ever turn into a paying job, because nobody would ever pay a HuffPo blogger to write.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

I agree

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

FactsAreUseless posted:

The internet is dumb as gently caress. There's a bunch of people talking about how if you blog for HuffPo it'll you get a paying job in the future because of your portfolio. It will never, ever turn into a paying job, because nobody would ever pay a HuffPo blogger to write.

Hey FactsAreUseless, could you please use your god powers and change the thread title to:

Otto Warmbier: coma, coma, coma, coma, coma Korean

Or something?? That would own!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Name/post combo

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.

EX250 Type R posted:

coma, coma, coma, coma, coma korean

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Please dont make fake headlines and post them

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

fruit on the bottom posted:

Lol, the article basically just says what this thread has been saying about how the sentence was harsh and draconian but you basically had to be retarded to put yourself in that situation and why didn't his parents maybe take him aside and keep him from visiting loving North Korea like wtf did you think was gonna happen.

Perhaps the posters in this thread are as lovely and dumb as the article

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

So in other words if he was black then it would be a problem.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Kiryen posted:

So in other words if he was black then it would be a problem.

well, except black people would know not to mess with that poo poo since, you know, they don't exactly have to travel to north korea to experience massively disproportional punishment for minor crimes

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Zo posted:

well, except black people would know not to mess with that poo poo since, you know, they don't exactly have to travel to north korea to experience massively disproportional punishment for minor crimes

It's this

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I don't really like Ohio either, but it's pretty hosed up that he comes back from North Korea & would rather die than live in Ohio.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

EX250 Type R posted:

coma, coma, coma, coma, coma korean

I am Otto Warmbier and I have brain damage .. please explain this joke

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

I am Otto Warmbier and I have brain damage .. please explain this joke
It's from a song

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

I don't really like Ohio either, but it's pretty hosed up that he comes back from North Korea & would rather die than live in Ohio.

:master:

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Zo posted:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

FactsAreUseless posted:

Look they are just selling the experience of reading news. It may not be real or factual, but it is news.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

Look they are just selling the experience of reading news. It may not be real or factual, but it is news.
HuffPost(r) Real News-Like Product!(tm)

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
It's pretty sad that he died and he didn't deserve any of this. I don't really see the funny side

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Wizard Master posted:

It's pretty sad that he died and he didn't deserve any of this. I don't really see the funny side

It is

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

This image won't embed for some reason.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 20, 2017

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Wizard Master posted:

A bro thought a fun vacation would be traveling to a murderous dictatorship that regularly tortures people to death and hates Americans. A place that Americans are specifically warned not to loving go to.

State Department posted:

The Department of State strongly warns U.S. citizens not to travel to North Korea/the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK). The Department of State strongly warns U.S. citizens not to travel to North Korea/the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK). U.S. citizens in the DPRK are at serious risk of arrest and long-term detention under North Korea’s system of law enforcement. This system imposes unduly harsh sentences for actions that would not be considered crimes in the United States and threatens U.S. citizen detainees with being treated in accordance with “wartime law of the DPRK.” Since the United States does not maintain diplomatic or consular relations with North Korea, the U.S. government has no means to provide normal consular services to U.S. citizens in North Korea. This notice updates the number of U.S. citizens who have been detained in North Korea and replaces the Travel Warning dated February 7, 2017.

At least 16 U.S. citizens have been detained in North Korea in the past ten years. North Korean authorities have detained those who traveled independently and those who were part of organized tours. Being a member of a group tour or using a tour guide will not prevent North Korean authorities from detaining or arresting you. Efforts by private tour operators to prevent or resolve past detentions of U.S. citizens in the DPRK have not been successful.

So basically he was a complete moron that had a completely expectable outcome from it.

The only thing left to find in this is humor, there is nothing unexpected that happened.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
3O is right

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.

Three Olives posted:

So basically he was a complete moron that had a completely expectable outcome from it.

The only thing left to find in this is humor, there is nothing unexpected that happened.

His outcome was without precedent for American detainees in North Korea.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
even aside from being a complete dumbass who entirely brought it upon himself, he at least sorta deserve it on a moral level as well for directly funding a tyrannical regime that tortures its own citizens on a massive scale

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

B. Birdsworth posted:

And yet not really beyond the bounds of reasonable expectation.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

COMRADES posted:

3O is right

*the skies part, dead walk the Earth, moon turns red as blood*

Seriously though, he's right. Furthermore, to take the stupid pointless risk he paid money to the regime perpetrating all the heinous poo poo and made himself a hostage that the US had to bail out.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

B. Birdsworth posted:

p sure theres a long history of americans dying in north korea going back some 60 odd years

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

EX250 Type R posted:

p sure theres a long history of americans dying in north korea going back some 60 odd years

The man makes a good point

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I asked my dad yesterday what he would have done if I told him I was taking a vacation to North Korea and he said he'd kick my rear end. A good dad imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

fruit on the bottom posted:

hahahaha yeah

terrible darwinian poo poo

• Locked thread